Bad Things

caitlinneil7

They knew that they shouldn't be together, everyone told them that they were toxic for one another. From the... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20

Chapter 19

1.1K 16 7
caitlinneil7

"Where's Brae?" Camila asks, running a hand through her hair.

"Um... her room." Lucy said.

Sighing, Camila makes her way toward Braelynn's room. "Luce, she's not here!" She calls out upon not seeing Braelynn.

"Try outside. She might be with Marley in the yard." Lucy called back.

Sighing, Camila makes her way out back and frowns when once again she doesn't see Braelynn.

Marley was lying on the grass, looking up at the sky and trying to make shapes out of the clouds.

Moving over to her, Camila lays on the floor beside her and smiles. "Hi."

Marley turned her head slightly. "Hi." She returned her gaze to the sky.

"What do you see?" The brown eyed mother asks softly.

"A blob." Marley mumbled.

Sighing, Camila wraps her arm around her daughter. "I've got you."

Marley sighed. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"You know, all these clouds look like blobs to me too." Camila tells her softly.

"Usually I can see shapes." Marley mumbled.

Kissing her daughter's forehead, Camila takes a deep breath. "Sometimes clouds just don't have shapes."

"I don't like it." Marley mumbled.

"I know." The brown eyed mother tells her. "Why don't you come inside and work on your songs? They're always really good."

Marley shook her head. "No..."

"Why not?" Camila asks, sitting up and looking at Marley.

"I don't have any inspiration." Marley mumbled.

Tilting her head to the side, Camila smiles softly. "I have some skill with writing."

"You can try if you want." Marley said with a shrug.

"Come write with me?" Camila asks her softly.

Sighing, Marley sat up and took Camila's hand to help her to her feet.

Marley sank into the chair across from Camila's desk and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Camila asks her softly.

"Nothing." Marley mumbled.

"You're not being yourself." The brown eyed mother says softly.

Marley frowned. "What do you mean?"

"You're not the happy go lucky girl that you always were. Not since this school year started." Camila tells her softly.

Marley shrugged. "I don't know..."

Pulling out her guitar, Camila grabs a notebook and passes it to Marley. "Okay, just write what comes to mind."

Marley sighed and picked up with pen.

Smiling softly, Camila begins to gently strum the guitar just as lyrics appear in her head. "Follow what I sing." she tells Marley before beginning to softly sing.

"Loving you, I thought I couldn't get no higher. Your November rain could set night on fire, night on fire, but we could only burn so long. Counterfeit emotions only run skin deep. Know you're lying when you're lying next to me, next to me. How did we get so far gone? I should know by now, you should know by now, we should know by now." the brown eyed mother sings out, watching her daughter.

Marley scribbled down the words that Camila sang, her eyes - fuller than normal - danced across the page.

Camila can't help but smile as she watches Marley write. "Something's gotta give, something's gotta break. But all I do is give and all you do is take. Something's gotta change, but I know that it won't. No reason to stay, is a good reason to go, is a good reason to go." she sang out softly, changing the tempo of the song slightly. "I have never heard a silence quite so loud. I walk in the room and you don't make a sound, make a sound. You're good at making me feel small. If it doesn't hurt me, why do I still cry? If it didn't kill me, then I'm half alive."

Marley bites her lip and decides to try singing herself. "How did we get so far gone? I should know by now, you should know by now, we should know by now. Something's gotta give, something's gotta break. But all I do is give and all you do is take. Something's gotta change, but I know that it won't. No reason to stay, is a good reason to go, is a good reason to go."

"I should know by now, you should know by now. I think I'm breaking right now." Camila sings out.

Marley smiles and takes the same line. "I should know by now, you should know by now. I think I'm breaking right now."

Together, they sing the final part of the song. "Something's gotta give, something's gotta break, but all I do is give and all you do is take. Something's gotta change, no I know that it won't. No reason to stay, is a good reason to go, is a good reason to go. Something's gotta give."

Camila smiled at Marley. "There's that beautiful smile."

The fifteen year old can't help but smile as she finishes writing down what they sang. "What should we call it mama?"

"Hmm... something's gotta give." Camila suggested.

Marley nods her head. "I like that, I was kinda thinking, a good reason to go, but I like your idea better."

Camila reached over and gently pushed Marley's hair out of her face.

Smiling, Marley stands up and jumps upon seeing her mother in the doorway.

Lauren smiled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Camila stands up and smiles softly. "You're home early, I thought you and Mani would be shopping longer."

Marley bites her lip and closes the notebook.

"Mani got bored." Lauren shrugged.

"Mani? Bored of shopping? Are we talking about the same one?" Camila asks with a soft laugh.

Lauren nodded. "Yeah."

Wrapping her arm around Lauren's waist, Camila leans in and kisses her. "Okay."

Lauren smiled against Camila's lips.

"Did you have fun?" The younger girl asks softly.

"It was okay." Lauren shrugged. "Shopping isn't my forte."

Nodding her head, Camila pulls Lauren into the office more while Marley makes her way out and shuts the door.

"I missed you." Camila mumbles, crashing their lips together.

"I missed you too." Lauren whispered against Camila's lips.

Deepening the kiss, Camila backs Lauren toward her desk, being careful of her stomach.

Lauren wrapped her arms around Camila's neck and pulled out of the kiss. "What was that for?"

"I told you, I missed you." Camila responds softly, pulling the five month pregnant woman closer.

Lauren smiled at Camila. She gently took Camila's hand and placed it on her stomach. The baby kicked.

Smiling, Camila looks into Lauren's eyes. "I can't wait until he's here." She says softly.

"Me either. He makes me tired." Lauren responded.

Laughing softly, Camila kisses Lauren again.

Lauren tangled her fingers in Camila's hair.

After a few minutes, Camila pulls away and smiles. "We haven't talked names."

"We haven't." Lauren nodded.

Moving to her desk chair, Camila sits down and pats her lap. "Come here."

Lauren swallowed. "How's Marley?" She sat down on Camila's knee.

"I finally got her to smile and we wrote a song together." Camila responds, wrapping her arms around Lauren.

Lauren smiled. "Good. She hasn't smiled in forever."

Nodding her head, Camila gently kisses Lauren.

Lauren played with the baby hairs on the back of Camila's neck.

"Hm, you're beautiful." The younger girl says softly.

Lauren blushed and buried her face in Camila's neck.

"What should we name our son?" Camila asks, lightly scratching her nails down Lauren's back.

"Hmm... I like Myles." Lauren said.

Tilting her head to the side, Camila thinks for a few minutes. "Myles Jackson Cabello?"

Lauren smiled, she nodded. "Perfect."

****

"Mom, mama." Braelynn says softly as she sits down in front of them at the kitchen table with James beside her.

Lucy turned away from the stove and Camila looked up from her work.

"I've decided that I want to keep the baby." The seventeen year old says softly.

Lucy swallowed. "You're one hundred percent sure?" She asked, knowing that her daughter would regret it.

Nodding her head, Braelynn glances toward James. "He said he'd help me, especially since he's my best friend."

Lucy nodded before turning back to the stove.

Camila frowned as she watched them before turning to look at Lucy. "Luce,"

"What?" Lucy asked, stirring the dinner.

"We need to talk in my office." Camila says calmly.

"Why?" Lucy asked.

Camila just stands up and heads to her office.

Lucy rolled her eyes, she turned. "Make sure dinner doesn't burn." She told Braelynn before leaving. She stood in the doorway to Camila's office. "What is it?"

Pulling Lucy close, Camila crashes their lips together roughly.

Lucy stumbled slightly.

Deepening the kiss, the younger girl backs Lucy up to the desk and lifts her onto it.

Lucy pulled out of the kiss. "What?" She asked.

Frowning, Camila just leans in and kisses her again.

Lucy pushed Camila away. "No. We are not fucking. I have to finish dinner."

Stepping back, Camila frowns and leaves the office.

Lucy sighed. She fixed her hair.

By the time she got back into the kitchen, James and Braelynn had plated dinner.

"Thanks." She sighed, she wasn't hungry anymore.

"Mama went outback." Braelynn tells her softly.

Lucy nodded. "I'll be in my room." She responded, turning and leaving. She went into her room and lay down on the bed. She curled up and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asks from the doorway.

"I pissed Camila of Because I wouldn't fuck her." Lucy muttered.

Frowning, Lauren moves over to the bed and lays down beside Lucy. "She's been stressed at work."

"Fucking me won't fix that. Talking about it might." Lucy responded.

Nodding in agreement, Lauren wraps her arms around Lucy. "I think she knows that but is afraid to talk."

"She knows she can talk to us without us judging her." Lucy responded.

Nodding her head, Lauren sighs softly. "I don't know what's going on with her then."

"Neither do I." Lucy responded.

Lauren smiles softly and pulls Lucy close, kissing her shoulder.

Lucy closed her eyes. "You should go eat, or at least make sure Marley takes a few bites."

Nodding her head, Lauren smiles softly.

Lucy smiled back. "Go."

Getting up, Lauren kisses Lucy gently before leaving.

Lucy sighed. She stared at the spot where Lauren had previously lay.

Camila walks into the room and nuzzles Lucy's neck.

"I thought you were mad at me." Lucy mumbled.

Shaking her head, Camila relaxes against Lucy's side.

"Talk to me." Lucy whispered.

Biting her lip, Camila takes a deep breath. "They want me to join the FBI as a behavioral analysis agent."

"A what?" Lucy asked.

"Someone who goes after serial killers." The younger girl responds.

"Why do they want you to do that?" Lucy asked.

Camila shrugs her shoulders. "Didn't say."

"I don't think you should do it." Lucy said.

"Why not?" Camila asks softly.

"Because, your work stressed you out so much that you drank everyday and serial killers could mess you up again." Lucy told her honestly.

Sighing, Camila kisses Lucy's shoulder. "Okay."

Lucy curled up and closed her eyes. "Go eat."

Camila shakes her head and curls into Lucy. "I already ate."

Lucy nodded. "Okay."

Slowly, Camila starts to fall asleep.

Lucy drifted off to sleep

The younger was right behind her, falling asleep curled around her.

****

"I'm not hungry, mom." Marley mumbled.

Sighing, Lauren runs a hand through her hair. "You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry ." Marley repeated
"Do you want to end up back at that rehab facility?" Lauren asks softly.
Tears filled Marley's eyes and she sniffed.

"Eat." The green eyed mother commands softly.

Marley stared at Lauren. "I can't."

"Why not?" Lauren asks, tilting her head to the side.

Marley dropped her head in shame. "Because... I just... I just can't." She whispered.

"You need to try or I'll have to send you back to rehab." Lauren says softly.

"Please don't, mom." Marley begged.

Sighing, Lauren runs a hand through her hair. "Then you need to eat."

Marley slumped her shoulder. She used her fork and picked up a small piece of chicken, chewing it slowly. She swallowed it and closed her eyes. After a moment she felt the chicken clawing its way back up her throat. She got up and ran to the bathroom, collapsing in front of the toilet to lose the piece of chicken.

Sighing, Lauren follows after her and holds her hair back. "Marley, I know you won't listen to me but you're not fat, you never were."

Marley stared at her mother with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You have always been tiny since the day you were born." Lauren tells her softly.

Leaning against the wall, Marley closed her eyes and listened. She understood what her mother was saying but every time she looked in the mirror she saw fat and it didn't help that she couldn't fit into her costume for Grease.

"I think that Kitty girl resized your dress." Lauren finally tells her.

"Kitty?" Marley shook her head. "She wouldn't."

"How do you know she wouldn't?" Lauren asks softly.

"She said she was my friend." Marley mumbled, looking down at her hands sheepishly.

Lauren sighs and helps Marley up so the fifteen year old can brush her teeth. "Honey, people will say anything, even if they aren't your friend."

Marley sighed, she brushed her teeth  and leaned against her mother.

"So she may say she's your friend, but she can also do that to you." The older girl says softly.

Marley sniffed. "Help me, mommy."

Holding her close, Lauren fights her own tears. "I will." She whispers softly.

Marley buried her face in Lauren shoulder.

"I've got you." The green eyed mother says softly.

"I'm sorry mommy." Marley sobbed.

Lauren just holds her close, rocking them gently.

Marley curled her hands around Lauren's shirt. "I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"Don't apologize." Lauren whispers softly.

Marley sniffed, she looked up at her mother.

"I've got you." Lauren says softly, looking into Marley's eyes.

"Don't ever let me go." Marley whispered.

"Never." The mother responds, before leading Marley out of the bathroom.

"I think I'm ready to eat." Marley said slowly.

Smiling softly, Lauren kisses Marley's cheek. "Okay, let's start small."

"Small?" Marley asked quietly.

Smiling softly, Lauren nods her head. "Crackers or toast."

Marley nodded slightly. "Okay."

"Which one would you like?" Lauren asks softly.

"Um.... one slice of toast." Marley looked down shyly, fearing that her mother would make her eat two or more slices.

"Okay, one slice it is." Lauren says softly, squeezing Marley's hand.

Marley nodded. "Thank you."  She whispered.

"You don't have to thank me sweetie." The green eyed mother responds softly.

"I love you mom." Marley curled into her mother. Her mother was warm, her own body was barley producing enough heat to keep her warm.

Smiling softly, Lauren holds Marley close. "I love you too."

The two of them went into the kitchen.

It wasn't long before Marley was slowly eating a slice of toast.

Lauren smiled at Marley. "Well done. I'm going to call the school and get them to deal with Kitty before you go back."

Nodding her head slowly, Marley takes a deep breath.

"Okay." Lauren nodded and picked up her phone, calling the school.

The fifteen year old takes a few more bites before pushing the plate away.

"One more bite?" Lauren asked gently.

Marley shook her head. "Full." She whispered, even though she'd only eaten half a slice of toast.

Sighing, Lauren kisses her forehead. "Go get some rest."

Marley nodded slowly. She got up and went to her room, curling up in a ball on her bed.

"How is she?" Lucy asks, making her way inside after a long day at work.

"She ate half a slice of toast." Lauren said. "She wants to get better."

Lucy smiles softly. "That's progress."

"Yeah." Lauren said hopefully. "I'm calling the school about that Kitty girl."

"Okay, let me know if you need anything. I'm going to take a shower." Lucy responds softly.

Lauren nodded. "I will. Thanks."

Kissing her gently, Lucy smiles and makes her way into her en suite bathroom.

Lauren dialed the schools number.

"Principal Figgins office," the principal says.

"Hello, I'm Lauren Jauregui, Marley's mother. I'd like to speak to you about Kitty." Lauren said politely.

"Ah, what can I do for you?" Principal Figgins asks nicely.

"She's convinced my daughter Marley that she's fat." Lauren said.

The principal was silent for a moment before speaking. "Well that isn't very much to go on ma'am. I'm sorry but my hands are tied until there is proof. Plus Kitty is the head Cheerio for Sue's cheerleading squad."

Lauren frowned. "So. That girl is mean and now my daughter can barely eat half a slice of toast."

"I'm sorry ma'am, but my hands are tied." The principal repeats before hanging up.

Lauren let out a growl. "What the hell?" She rolled her eyes and dropped her phone onto the table. She rubbed her face with her hands and pushed her fingers into her hair, gripping it.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asks, making her way back into the room after having taken a hot shower.

"That principal of their school is useless. He can't do anything about that Kitty girl." Lauren muttered.

Frowning, Lucy wraps her arms around Lauren. "Can't or won't?" She asks softly.

"Can't." Lauren breathed. "There's no evidence."

Sighing, Lucy kisses Lauren's forehead. "Maybe Mila can do something about it."

Lauren shrugged. "Maybe."

"She should be home soon." The older girl says softly.

Just then, Braelynn walks through the door frowning. "Mom,"

"Yes?" Lucy asked, looking towards her daughter. "What's wrong?"

The seventeen year old fights back tears. "I-I know who did this."

"Who did what?" Lucy asked, confused.

"Who raped me." Braelynn barely gets out as a sob tears from her throat.

"Oh." Lucy motioned for her daughter to come over.

Quickly moving toward her mom, Braelynn can't help but completely break down.

"Shh." Lucy wrapped her arms around her daughter. "It's okay."

"Mommy, it was Dylan." The brown eyed girl sobs out, referring to Lucas' best friend.

"Lucas's friend?" Lucy asked.

Nodding her head, Braelynn buries her face in Lucy's neck as she continues to softly sob.

"You need to tell Your mama." Lucy said softly.

The teenager doesn't respond as she curls intp Lucy and by default Lauren.

Lauren just sat there, trying to figure out how to get justice for what happened to Marley.

Closing her eyes Braelynn slowly starts to relax against her mother.

"We'll fix this." Lucy whispered in Braelynn's ear.

Nodding her head slowly, the teenager struggles to stay awake.

"Why don't you go take a nap." Lucy said softly.

"I don't want to be alone." Braelynn mumbles.

"Okay." Lucy said.

Curling into Lucy more, the seventeen year old rests her hand on her stomach.

"You'll be okay." Lucy whispered.

Slowly, Braelynn falls asleep, gripping Lauren's hand.

Lauren turned her head slightly, her eyes landed on their hands and she frowned in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asks softly, glancing toward Lauren.

"She's holding my hand." Lauren responded. "I'm not her mom and yet she's holding my hand."

A soft smile grows on Lucy's lips. "That just means she trusts you."

"She trusts me?" Lauren asked. "Why?"

"Because you're like another mother to her. You've helped raise her since she was younger." Lucy responds softly.

Lauren looked down at Braelynn. "I didn't. You and Camila raised her."

"You helped us with a lot of things." The older girl responds.

"I didn't really." Lauren said with a shrug.

Rolling her eyes, Lucy looks at Lauren. "Yes you did."

"How did I?" Lauren asked.

Lucy just smiles. "You just did."

Lauren sighed and slumped her shoulders.

****

Camila sighs as she walks into the house, running a hand through her hair. She was worried about Braelynn and Marley.

Lauren and Lucy were sitting on the couch in the living room watching a movie.

"Hey," Camila says softly, sitting down beside Lucy and kissing her before kissing Lauren.

"Hi," Lauren and Lucy said simultaneously.

"What are we watching?" The younger girl asks softly.

"Um... The Lorax." Lucy said. "How was work?"

"It was okay I guess." Camila mumbles softly.

"Just okay?" Lucy asked.

Nodding her head, Camila sighs softly. "I don't know what to do."

"About what?" Lucy asked, turning off the movie.

"I can't do anything about Dylan until the baby is born." The brown eyed girl says softly.

"Oh." Lucy nodded. "We just need to wait then."

Nodding her head, Camila looks at Lauren. "He is not allowed at our house and Lucas is not allowed to hang out with him."

"Copy that." Lucy said with a nod.

"Mama, can you help me?" Braelynn asks, walking into the living room.

"Help you with what, sweetheart?" Camila asked.

Braelynn yawns, rubbing her stomach she takes a deep breath. "The baby won't stop kicking and I'm tired."

"Okay. Just let me take a shower and I'll help you." Camila said softly.

Nodding her head slowly, Braelynn makes her way back into her room and lays down.

"I better take a shower and help her." Camila kissed the top of Lucy and Lauren's heads before leaving.

It wasn't long before Camila was out of the shower and making her way to Braelynn's room.

The seventeen year old was shifting uncomfortably on her bed and fighting back tears.

"Hey, I'm here, don't cry." Camila lay down beside her daughter and began rubbing the seventeen year old's stomach.

Curling into Camila, Braelynn closes her eyes tiredly. "The baby kicks really hard Mama."

"I know." Camila said softly. "Just try to relax."

The teenager relaxes against Camila, gripping her shirt.

Camila rubbed Braelynn's stomach with one hand and ran her fingers through her daughter's hair with the other.

"What do I do if it's a boy?" the teenager asks softly.

"Don't think about that just now." Camila said softly. "Just sleep."

Nodding her head, Braelynn closes her eyes and starts to fall asleep.

Camila felt herself relax and slowly began to drift off too.

"They're so cute." Lucy says softly as she holds Lauren close.

They were checking in on Camila and Braelynn.

"Yeah." Lauren nodded slowly.

Smiling, Lucy kisses Lauren's shoulder. "Have you and Mila talked names?"

Lauren shook her head. "We haven't had a chance."

"Oh," the older girl mumbles softly.

Lauren shrugged. "She's been busy. I've been busy."

"Maybe you guys should talk about it later tonight." Lucy says, kissing Lauren's cheek.

"She's asleep. We'll talk about it later." Lauren shrugged.

Sighing, Lucy pulls away and leads Lauren to the living room.

"What's wrong Lucy?" Lauren asked, confused.

The older girl just shrugs and sits down on the couch and pulls Lauren close.

Lauren rested her head on Lucy's shoulder. "Is it strange that I haven't felt the baby kick in a while?" She mumbled absentmindedly.

Frowning, Lucy turns to look at Lauren. "Yes, that can mean many different things."

"Like what?" Lauren asked.

"There could be something wrong with the baby or you could be having a miscarriage." Lucy responds softly.

Lauren swallowed and bit her lower lip.

"We should take you to get checked." Lucy says softly.

Lauren nodded slowly.

Standing up, Lucy pulls on her shoes amd grabs Lauren's. "Get these on, I'll go start the car."

Lauren nodded. She took her shoes from Lucy and slowly put them on.

Four hours later

Lucy kisses Lauren's forehead as the younger girl sleeps.

She sighed heavily. They were just waiting on the results from the doctor.

It seemed like the doctor was taking ages.

Lucy sat down and took Lauren's hand. "I hope everything is okay."

Lauren shifts in her sleep, gripping Lucy's hand.

Lucy kissed the back of Lauren's hand.

It wasn't long before the doctor walked into the room.

"What's going on with her baby?" Lucy asked immediately.

The doctor releases a soft sigh. "There is a chance the baby could be paralyzed."

"Paralyzed? How?" Lucy frowned in confusion.

"Things like this can happen."  The doctor says softly.

"Will it be okay? Will she be okay?" Lucy asked worriedly, nodding towards Lauren.

The doctor nods. "They will both be okay."

Lucy nodded. "You're one hundred percent sure?"

"Yes ma'am, and just so you know, she will be having a little boy." The doctor responds.

"A boy." Lucy smiled, she turned slightly to look at Lauren.

Lauren was still sound asleep.

Lucy sighed, she squeezed Lauren's hand softly.

Shifting in her sleep, Lauren's eyes slowly flutter open. "Luce?"

"Hey." Lucy pushed Lauren's hair out of her face. "I'm here."

"What's going on?" Lauren asks tiredly.

"Your baby is fine." Lucy said softly. "But the doctor thinks it might be paralyzed."

Tears fill Lauren's eyes and she takes a deep breath. "What happened?"

"I'm not sure. The doctor said that this sometimes just happens." Lucy said softly.

Swallowing thickly, Lauren rests her hand on her stomach. "What do I do?"

"You need to tell Camila." Lucy said softly.

Lauren nods her head weakly. "Yes."

"Just get some more sleep. The doctor agreed to let us stay overnight." Lucy said softly.

"Hold me?" Lauren asks softly.

Lucy smiled softly and nodded. "Sure."

"Thank you." The younger girl whispers.

Lucy climbed onto her bed beside Lauren and held the younger girl close.

****

Four months later

Braelynn releases a pained gasp. "Mama,"

"My water broke." The seventeen year old breathes out. "I'm only seven months."

Camila's eyes widened. "We need to get you to the hospital, now."

Nodding her head, Braelynn let's Camila lead her out to the car.

Camila helped her daughter into the car and started the engine.

"It hurts mama." Braelynn breathes out.

"I know, just breath." Camila said.

Swallowing thickly, Braelynn looks at Camila. "Where's mommy?"

"She's at work." Camila said softly.

The seventeen year old swallows thickly. "I want mommy."

"Call her." Camila said, hooking her phone up to the car system.

Braelynn hits the call button on Lucy's name. "Please pick up." She whispered.

"What's up Mila?" Lucy asks as she picks up the phone.

"Mom!" Braelynn breathed. "I'm in labour."

Lucy stops what she is doing and turns her attention to her phone. "Which hospital is mama taking you?"

"Yours." Braelynn breathed out.

"Okay, I'll make sure your favorite doctor is ready and I'll be there." Lucy tells her softly.

"Thank you." Braelynn breathed out.

Camila pulls into the hospital. "We're here, it will take a few minutes to get her inside."

"Why does it hurt?" Braelynn breathed.

"It hurts because the baby is moving into position." Lucy says softly. "I'm coming out to you now."

Braelynn groaned. "I hate this."

Camila releases a soft chuckle. "You're fine. It will just hurt until the baby is out."

"It's not funny." Braelynn growled.

Lucy appears and smiles softly. "I think Mama was laughing because you act like me when I was in labor."

"Shut up." Braelynn mumbled.

Rolling her eyes, Lucy helps Camila get Braelynn out of the car and into the wheelchair.

Braelynn squeezed her eyes closed in pain.

"The pain you're feeling will be gone after the baby comes out." Lucy tells her softly.

"I want it to hurry up." Braelynn groaned.

Camila pushes the wheelchair into the hospital. "The baby will be here soon."

Braelynn groaned in pain.

Lucy leads them into a room where Lauren was sound asleep, her baby laying in the bassinet.

"Is she okay?" Camila asked, glancing at Lauren as she helped Braelynn onto the bed.

"Yeah, she's just tired." Lucy responds softly.

Camila nodded. "We still don't have a name for him."

"She was telling me she likes the name Riley." Lucy says softly.

"Riley?" Camila thought for a moment. "I don't really like that."

Braelynn looks between them and frowns. "Can we not talk about names and deal with the fact that I'm having a baby."

Camila's eyes widened.

"Please?" Braelynn begs, pain in her eyes.

"Okay." Camila said calmly.

Taking a deep breath, Braelynn swallows thickly. "It hurts." She says as Lucy helps her change into the hospital gown.

"Believe me, I know. It'll be over soon." Lucy responded.

Closing her eyes, the seventeen year old grips onto Camila's hand. "Mama,"

"I know." Camila said. "Try to relax."

Taking a deep breath, Braelynn lays back against the bed.

Camila gently rubbed Braelynn's shoulder.

"How long will this take?" Braelynn asks softly.

"It depends on the person." Lucy said softly.

Six hours later

Braelynn releases a pained cry as she pushes, her grip on Camila's hand tightening.

Camila winced in pain. Braelynn had a tight grip.

"We've got you." Lucy whispers in Braelynn's ear, wiping her forehead.

Taking a deep breath, Braelynn pushes once more.

She cried out in pain, tightening her grip on Camila's hand.

"You're almost done." The doctor tells her softly.

"I don't have a name." Braelynn cries out as she gives one final push.

"That doesn't matter right now." Camila said.

A soft cry fills the room. "It's a girl."

Braelynn relaxed against the bed, breathing heavily.

Lucy and Camila kiss Braelynn's forehead.

"You did good." Camila tells her softly.

Braelynn closed her eyes, breathing heavily.

"You okay?" Camila asks softly.

"Tired." Braelynn breathed.

"Get some sleep, we'll take care of everything." Camila whispers, kissing her forehead.

Braelynn nodded and closed her eyes.

****

Three weeks later

Braelynn carries her daughter into the house, biting her lip when she sees everyone in the living room.

"Welcome home." Camila said softly.

"Thanks mama," Braelynn says softly, placing the carseat down. "I've decided on her name."

"What's her name?" Camila asked.

Taking the baby out of the carseat, Braelynn can't help but smile. "Addison Rose Cabello."

"Addison?" Camila asked. "I've never heard that name before but it's nice."

"Mama, do you want to hold her?" The seventeen year old asks softly.

"Um... sure." Camila shrugged.

Gently passing her daughter to Camila, Braelynn smiles. "I like her eyes."

Camila smiled as she held her first granddaughter in her arms.

The baby cooed up at her, her eyes were a bright green.

"Hi." Camila giggled.

A smile grows on Addison's lips and she coos again.

"You're adorable." Camila whispered.

"Mama, is it okay if I take a shower?" Braelynn asks softly.

"Sure. Go ahead." Camila looked up at her daughter and smiled.

Braelynn smiles back. "Thanks mama." She says softly before heading to her room.

Camila bounced the baby in her arms softly.

Addison's eyes flutter closed and she falls asleep.

"She's tiny." Ben says, staring at his niece.

"Yeah. She is." Camila nodded.

Blake was really silent as he stared across the room.

"Blake, what's wrong?" Lucy asked as she sat down beside her son.

Looking up, Blake frowns and points at the t.v. it was on a show he didn't like.

"Change it then." Lucy said, handing him the remote.

Changing the channel, Blake relaxes and watches the show that comes on.

Lucy watched Camila and their granddaughter before casting her gaze towards Lauren and her son.

Daxton was kicking his feet as Lauren fed him, his head under a blanket.

Lucy got up and made her way over to Lauren. "You okay?" Camila had dropped everything the minute Braelynn had come through the front door.

Nodding her head, Lauren continues to gently rub Daxton's back as he nurses.

"Are you sure?" Lucy asked. She narrowed her eyes at Lauren who only nodded, remaining quiet.

"No!" Blake yells angrily, staring at the tv.

Lucy turned to look at Blake. "What's wrong?"

The nineteen year old turns to look at Lucy. "Commercial."

"You just need to be patient. It'll come back on." Lucy said softly.

Marley came in to the house, she'd just got off the bus from school. She held her right wrist close to her chest.

"What happened Mar?" Camila asks with a frown.

Marley lifted her head and shook it. "Nothing." She had a bruise forming on her left cheek and a cut that was bleeding at the corner of her right eyebrow.

"Not nothing." Camila says softly, frowning slightly.

"It's nothing, mama." Marley mumbled before making her way to her to her room.

Getting up, Camila passes the baby to Lucy and follows after her.

Marley sat down on her bed with her head down. She covered her face with her uninjured hand.

"Talk to me, what happened?" Camila asks softly.

Marley glanced up. "Nothing." She whispered, she tried to hold back a sob.

"It wasn't nothing, please talk to me please?" Camila asks softly.

Marley let the tears fall. "They jumped me." She sobbed.

Pulling her daughter close, Camila kisses Marley's forehead. "I'll deal with it."

"It'll just make it worse." Marley winced.

"I'll take care of everything." Is all Camila says softly.

"I think she broke my hand." Marley sobbed.

Frowning, Camila turns to look at her. "Let's have Lucy look."

Marley swallowed. She looked at her mother with uncertainty in her eyes before nodding slowly.

Helping her daughter up, Camila leads her to Lucy.

"Luce, could you look at Marley's hand? She thinks it's broken." Camila asked softly.

Nodding, Lucy stands up and gently begins to gently check Marley's hand.

Marley stared at her hand in Lucy's, wincing every so often.

"We'll have to go to the hospital." Lucy says softly.

"It's broken, isn't it?" Marley pulled her hand away. "Why does she hate me?"

"Let's not worry about that, let's take care of you." Camila responds softly.

Marley sniffed. "What did I do wrong?" She whispered before looking down at her feet helplessly.

"Nothing, you did nothing wrong." Camila tells her softly.

Marley curled into Camila, sobbing. She held her injured wrist close to her chest.

"I've got you." Camila whispers, holding her youngest daughter close.

"Let's get her to the hospital." Lucy said softly.

Nodding her head, Camils glances toward Lauren. "Will you be okay or do you want to come with us?"

"I'll be fine." Lauren said with a nod as she placed her now sleeping son in his bassinet.

Moving over to her, Camila kisses Lauren gently before moving back over to Marley and leading her to the car.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

84.1K 2K 25
Camila Cabello was 6 years old when she was diagnosed with a blood disorder. She isn't allowed to leave her house nor to really have a normal life. N...
The Bet S

Любовные романы

13.4K 347 6
Camila is the preachers daughter and Lauren is the supposed bad ass of the school. What if Dinah and Normani make a bet with Lauren that she could ge...
... Iluv5H123

Фанфик

614K 16K 36
68.8K 1.7K 28
Lauren has moved to New York City with her three best friends to start her college life. She's excited to leave the drama of high school but she find...