The Big, Bad Badboy

By cri_evry_tiem

Emerald (Emma) Redbourne is a nobody in the hierarchy of high school, famed only for being late to school nin... More

Chapter 1 - The Big, Bad Bad Boy
Chapter 2 - The Human Wall
Chapter 3 - Public Enemy No.1
Chapter 4 - Strategic Thinking
Chapter 5 - Funeral Games
Chapter 6 - A New Comrade
Chapter 7 - Surveying Enemy Territory
Chapter 8 - Surprise Attack
Chapter 9 - An Unexpected Alliance
Chapter 10 - External Violation
Chapter 11 - Dispelling The Threat
Chapter 12 - Rumour, A New Enemy
Chapter 13 - An Early Arrival
Chapter 14 - Continual Violation
Chapter 15 - The Enemy's Ex
Chapter 16 - Predicted Consequences
Chapter 17 - Ambush
Chapter 18 - Persuasive Techniques
Chapter 19 - The Enemy Drunk Dialled
Chapter 20 - Checkmate
Chapter 21 - Taking Chances
Chapter 22 - False Pretences
Chapter 23 - Revelation of Truths
Chapter 24 - Hunting For Armour
Chapter 25 - War
Chapter 26 - More Than Just Allies?
Chapter 27 - Double Assault
Chapter 28 - Duty
Chapter 29 - Compromising On The Field
Chapter 30 - Conflict
Chapter 31 - The Final Battle
Chapter 32 - Target Practice
Chapter 33 - The Enemy Met My Best Friend
Chapter 34 - A Familial Arrival
Chapter 35 - Relaxation
Chapter 36 - Rivalry
Chapter 37 - Bargaining
Chapter 38 - Decoding The Truth
Chapter 39 - The Enemy's Best Friends
Chapter 40 - War Paint
Chapter 41 - Planned Encounter
Chapter 42 - New Experiences
Chapter 43 - Secrets
Chapter 44 - Tension
Chapter 46 - The Inebriated Enemy
Chapter 47 - Lie Detector
Chapter 48 - Crisis
Chapter 49 - Ceasefire
Chapter 50 - The Enemy Is My Ally
Epilogue

Chapter 45 - Truth Serum

129 2 0
By cri_evry_tiem

Enjoy this chapter! It's quite a cute one!

So, prom is just around the corner for Emma. What do you think is going to happen?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up late the following day because Dee had taken me shopping until 11pm. Once I got home, I didn't do anything but sleep. For some reason, my mother hadn't yelled at me to get up, so here I was, running late and panicking.

I'd got up with ten minutes until school was to start. There was no way I would be on time.

I decided to text Dee to tell her I was running late so she could let Mrs Cooper and her vein know.

Hey, I'm running late. Can you let Cooper know?

I then got changed quickly and as I was packing my bag, there was a knock at my front door.

Maybe it was Ruby?

"Can you get that?" A sleepy Ruby murmured from across the hall. Ok, so it wasn't Ruby at the door.

Maybe it was my mother?

I sped down the stairs and opened the door.

Standing there was Grey Black whose dark hair, despite being tousled by the wind, still looked pretty good. He was wearing his leather jacket and his trademark smirk.

"What are you doing here?" I interrogated the guy, who looked offended.

"I drove all the way from our school to your house and that's all you say to me?"

I pretended to look impressed, although internally I was appreciative despite the fact that I didn't know why he had done what he had.

"Seriously, why are you here?" I repeated my question more politely.

"You accidentally sent me a text about being late. I saw it and came here because I thought you'd might like a lift." He explained, before gesturing to his motorcycle.

"Oh, right. Thanks..." I was standing at my doorway, unsure of what to do.

"Are you going to let me in?" Grey stepped forward and I came out of the doorway, gesturing for him to enter.

"Come in."

Grey walked in, his eyes flitting around the household. He was probably looking for baby pictures to tease me about.

"Em, who's at the door?"

Oh shoot, I forgot about Ruby.

Before I could answer, the girl came running down the stairs, her eyes lighting up as they fell on Grey.

"Are you the famous Grey Black?" Ruby asked, taking in Grey's face.

Grey nodded, confused.

"Who are you?"

Ruby stretched out her hand, before introducing herself.

"Ruby Redbourne. I'm Emma's sister."

Grey shook Ruby's hand and his eyes darted between our two faces.

"I can kinda see the resemblance." Grey muttered to himself.

"Are you guys going to school today? I would love to get to know you more, Grey."

Grey shrugged. So did I. Neither of us cared for school much.

Ruby jumped up a little on the spot.

"Then it's set! You can spend the day with me." She then bounced up the stairs to get dressed.

I led Grey into our lounge and he took a seat on the sofa, leaning back.

"So Emerald, why is your sister so interested in me?" He was smirking slightly and I knew where this was going.

"Because I constantly complain about you." I stated and Grey's face fell. I bet he wasn't expecting that.

"Why?" He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because you're a pain in the ass."

There was no nicer way to say that.

Grey continued pouting. Then he sat up with a triumphant smile on his face.

"At least it means I've made an impression on you."

"Yes but not a good one..." I added, but his self-satisfied grin prevailed.

Just as Grey was going to say something smart in response, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Dee.

EMMA, where are you?

I looked up my phone to see Grey watching me curiously.

"Is it your bestie?" He teased, as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, she's freaking out because I never miss school without telling her about it."

Grey exhaled, as if my statement was preposterous.

"Wow, you guys sound joined at the hip. I doubt my guys are going to notice I'm gone until tomorrow."

I thought back to Cody and Orange. They definitely seemed like the clueless types, well at least Orange definitely did.

"So, what are you going to tell her?"

It was a good question. I would just be honest and tell her I wasn't coming in.

I'm staying at home today, can't be bothered to come in.

"What did you say?" Grey questioned me, desperate to know what my message had said.

"I just said I wasn't coming in."

"You didn't mention me?" He sounded hurt.

I shrugged. Did Dee need to know I was spending the day with the Big Bad Badboy? I wasn't going to tell her because she would jump to ridiculous conclusions.

"Did you want me to?" I challenged, and Grey shrugged.

"I mean people are going to notice my absence anyway. It won't take your friend long to put two and two together." He connected his fingers together in one big hand jigsaw.

"I'll tell her it was Ruby's idea."

"Helllooooo lovebirds, how are we all doing today?"

At that very second, Ruby had sprung into the room, dressed in a black crop top and denim jeans. Her hair was scooped back into a small bun.

Grey and I said nothing and Ruby filled the silence with her voice, something she did quite well.

"Let's play truth or dare! I have shot glasses." Ruby decided before scurrying into the kitchen to get the correct things.

Grey met my gaze and smiled.

"You know, I always thought you were crazy, but your sister's on another level."

I think that was the first time that I'd actually agreed with him.

"She is beyond crazy. If you think this is bad, just wait until you see her drunk."

Ruby returned, alcohol and shot glasses with her.

"So, if you do a dare you take a shot, if you do a truth you take a shot. If you forfeit you take a shot. Essentially, it's time to get wasted!"

***

We had been playing for half an hour when Ruby decided to ask all kinds of controversial things.

"Truth or dare, Grey?"

"Truth." Grey quickly spoke, not meeting my eyes. He took a shot and then faced Ruby to answer.

Ruby had a devilish look on her face.

"Would you date my sister?"

Grey's face was shifting slightly and I could tell he was trying to stay impassive.

Ruby noticed his discomfort and pressured him to answer. "If you don't answer, you have to take five shots!"

Grey looked down at the floor and nodded. I felt my face grow hot. So he would date me, then? Maybe our cinema outing had been a date? For some reason I felt relieved, and I released a breath that I was unaware I had been holding.

"Emerald: truth or dare?" Grey asked me, and I was going to say truth but I felt more adventurous than that.

"Dare." I stated and I took a shot.

Grey's face grew nervous as his words came out.

"I dare you to come to prom with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
397K 12.8K 37
Emma is the quiet, clumsy nerd that keeps to herself and is invisible to everyone but her quirky best friend Stella. Even her alcoholic father and br...
8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
1.1M 27.1K 50
Arianna has never had a normal life. Her mom died when she was 10 and her father blames her. Ever since the day her mom died her dad has abused her m...