Growing up (MWL's sequel)✔️

By Ariana_Godoy

"I want to grow up" Did you say it when you were a kid? I know I did. Have you regretted growing up at some p... More

Growing up (My Wattpad Love's sequel)
1.- "Are you sewing your clothes?! You said ten minutes!"
2.- I can officially say everyone knows I'm virgin.
3.- 'Please, that's too much. I feel a little dirty right now'
4. Love makes us monsters, people. Watch out.
5.The night is young, my dear BFF and so are we.
6. Romeo would be ashamed of you.
7. Are you flirting with me, mister?
8. Because I'm your girlfriend and you love me.
9. They are coming for us!
10. I really knew how to pick my best friends.
11. We've got Einstein son among us!
12. This is better than late night soap operas.
14. We can share her. We are like Edward and Jacob.
15. Ms. Jones, may I have a word with you?
16. I can't believe it! You naughty girl!
17. 'Come out of your shell, little turtle'
18. I know a lot about you, Julie Ann Jones.
19. 'It's alright. You can touch if you want'
20. Why are you doing in my room at this late hour, sir?
21. 'It was a onetime thing, it won't happen again'
22. 'I sensed some tension here'
23. Yeah, I make up words, sue me. I'm original.
24. Happy Birthday, Raccoon.
25. You don't look fine at all, kid.
26. "Don't touch it. It's pounding."
27. You don't have my permission to lose your V card
28. I hate him. I do. I hate him so much.
29. Don't make babies while I'm gone
30. I'm like your Christmas hero or something.
31. So biologically speaking, I was screwed.
32. "We are not in the stone age anymore!"
33. This isn't so bad. I get free Jell-O.
34. You look like you need a drink
35. Oh Lord my poor virginal kitchen
36. "I already told you. You're a chicken."
37. I can't look at it. I can't.
38. They are my half-siblings.
39. "Oh Jules... you're so beautiful"
40. You'll be a great writer someday
41. The boy of sad eyes.
42. Epilogue

13. Thank you, fate, really. You're helping out so much.

582K 22.1K 3.7K
By Ariana_Godoy

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth."

― Jess C. Scott, The Intern

Chapter Thirteen

Was fate playing jokes on me?

If so, it must be having a blast at my reaction. I stopped breathing, moving, even blinking. My mouth was hanging opened as I stared at the handsome man in front of me.

He was my teacher? Really?

Talk about getting over a break-up or whatever happened between us. It wasn't that clear for me.

Thank you, fate, really. You're helping out so much.

More people kept entering the classroom, chatting casually, some holding books to their chests. Evan was still gazing at me, smirking devilishly at me.

Was he teaming up with fate?

When he finally looked away, I found my breath. I closed my mouth, squeezing my hands on my lap nervously. The classroom was full in a few seconds but I couldn't care less. I couldn't keep my eyes off the sexy teacher sitting behind that desk. What was he doing here anyway? He'd never mentioned teaching extra-courses in my town. Was this a new job or something? It had to be.

Evan leaned on the desk, folding his arms across his chest. And that was when he started the class. He looked beyond hot in that formal outfit. He moved around, looking so natural and confident. My eyes were on his every movement. I watched the way his back muscles flex when he wrote something on the board, the way he rolled his lower lip inside his mouth when he was trying to rephrase something. I could get glimpses of his tattoo every once in a while. He looked older, wiser but still kept that mysterious aura around him. The passion in his eyes was unmistakable, he loved talking about literature. He obviously didn't spare me a glance and somehow I was thankful for it. If those dark eyes met mine, I would lose my breath again.

Someone sighed behind me. I glanced over my shoulder to see a girl, my age, staring dreamily at him.

Guess I'm not the only one crushing on our teacher.

A pang of jealousy crossed me. And it only grew worse when I took a look around and realized there were at least four girls gawking at my boyfriend, ex-boyfriend or whatever he was. Nevertheless, I eased my inner demons because I couldn't blame them. Evan was hot. Who was I to judge the female population for drooling over the handsome, clean-cut, well-proportioned, sexy man in front of us? Not to mention, he was our teacher which made him forbidden and more appealing to the misbehaving ladies.

He was like that bar of chocolate you cannot eat because your sugar levels are up high and you find yourself wanting it more and more.

Did I just compare Evan to a bar of chocolate?

If he were to be something edible, he'd be a huge bag of Ruffles for me.

I licked my lips, I could eat him all. You should say that to him, I bet he'd forgive you, my conscious said suggestively. I shut it, feeling indecent.

"Am I boring you, Ms. Jones?" Evan's seductive voice caught my attention. I lifted my gaze to find him right in front of my seat.

He's too close. I can smell his delicious perfume.

I swallowed, "No," his dark eyes were too intense, too mysterious. I hadn't seen him for a week and I was back to feeling all clumsy and sweaty around him.

"Good," he placed his hand on my desk, leaning to his side in a carefree manner. His eyes bored into mine, making my heart beat faster. I couldn't bear the intensity of those eyes. I lowered my gaze to his chest, counting its buttons, "Ms. Jones is new to this class, so she doesn't know what's the punishment of not paying attention," What? I looked up at him to find him looking around the classroom, "Can someone enlighten her for me?"

"Yes!" a girl shot up to her feet, not hiding her excitement. She looked at me, playing with her hair, "You have to help organizing the books in the library after class,"

"What?" I asked in shock, "But this class ends at 9 pm. I'll be home so late,"

Another girl spoke, "That's why it's called punishment."

A guy stared at me with pity, "Pay attention next time."

I opened my mouth to protest but Evan continued with his class as if nothing had happened. As if he hadn't just complicated my night ten times over. He couldn't force me to stay here, right? Besides, the library had to be close at that time. I had no idea of this school library schedule but I was sure it wasn't 24 hours service.

The class went by smoothly; we had a workshop where I had to work with Linda, the girl sitting behind me. I had to turn my seat to give my back to the teacher which was okay by me. Anything to avoid that intense stare of his.

Surprisingly, Linda was really nice and smart. She was into writing as much as I was. Evan told us to write a short poem and exchanged it between us, the purpose was to evaluate and edit the other person's work. Linda wrote a cute poem about a shy girl in a park while I was scratching my brain to come up with something. I wasn't in my best mood to write. Every time I started my poem, I would describe the hotness of my teacher.

"You okay there?" Linda gave me a sympathetic smile, watching my struggle.

I sighed, "Not really," I dropped my pen, rubbing my temples. She pulled her brown curls off her face, tying them up in a ponytail.

"Alright," she started as I watched her in confusion, "I know it's hard to focus when you have that Greek God as a teacher,"

"How do you know-"

"I've been there. You think you're the first one having a hard time concentrating here?" she asked casually, gesturing the girls in the classroom, "It was hard in the beginning but you'll get used to it. Trust me,"

I narrowed my eyes at her, "I heard you sigh before,"

She looked guilty for a second, "Oh yeah, that doesn't mean I don't check him out often," I couldn't bring myself to feel jealous for some reason. Linda seemed like a nice person. Besides, she wasn't talking about loving him or anything. She just found him hot and I couldn't blame her for it.

"Has he been teaching here for a while?" I had to ask.

Linda shook her head, "No, he started out last week. Mr. Norman is ill so he's replacing him for some time,"

"Oh," something didn't click here. Why would Evan come all the way from Rivertown to work here?

"I'm not complaining. He can stay as long as he wants," Linda added, smiling dreamily.

"Yeah," I said absentmindedly.

"Anyway, you need to close your eyes and take three long breaths," she instructed seriously, I closed my eyes, taking my first breath, "Forget where you are. Forget about every single person in this room. You're alone in a white, empty room. Feel the fresh air brushing your skin. You're free there, no more worries or trouble. You are okay. Breathe in and out slowly, you are free, Jules." Her words calmed my overworking mind, "Look at the white walls at your sides, grab a pen," I was following her instructions closely; "Don't you feel those walls are too white?" I nodded, "Don't you feel like writing on them?" I nodded again, "Then do it, create."

Let me tell you one thing, Linda is awesome.

Her advice worked just fine. As soon as I finished writing on the walls in my mind, I opened my eyes and wrote down the poem on my paper. I found myself having fun in the class. Linda's small therapy had released some tension from me. I laughed when people started reciting their poems quite dramatically. Evan explained a lot about poetry, stanzas, rhythm. He certainly knew what he was talking about, the guy was a great poet.

And just like that, the class was over leaving me wanting for more. I got up, getting my notebook inside my bag. Linda was already by my seat.

"I would give you a ride but you have a job to do," she reminded me sadly.

"Yeah," I glanced at Evan. He was leaning back in his seat, chatting with a few students.

"You'll be alright. He's not that bad." She encouraged, "And organize the nanotechnology area of the library, it's the smallest. It'll probably take you half an hour."

"Thanks for the tip." I faintly smiled.

"No problem, see you tomorrow." She rushed out of the room.

I blew out some air, walking slowly to where Evan and the students were chatting. Conveniently, the students started saying their goodbyes when I got closer. They left and I felt all the calmness left my body when I realized we were alone.

I stood in front of his desk, fiddling with my bag's strap a little. Evan gazed up at me, placing his hands behind his head.

"Do you need anything?" he asked politely.

I bit my lower lip, "You told me to stay after class to organize the library,"

"I did but this isn't the library, is it?" he asked in a mocking tone. I opened my mouth to say something, "It's not so why are you still here?" my heart sank in hurt. I forgot how cold Evan could be.

"I don't know where it is," I stated, struggling not to snap at him.

He dropped his arms, averting his gaze. He was writing something on his notebook, "Well, that's not my problem." Tears of anger and hurt formed in my eyes but my pride refused to let them escape. I turned on my feet, heading to the door.

Oh, fuck it!

I turned to him once again, "Is this how is this going to be?" I asked angrily, "You ordering me around and being a cold jerk to me? If so, then tell me right now so I can quit this class," Evan didn't seem surprised by my little outburst. He looked as calmed as before.

So cold.

"I am not being a jerk. I'm being your teacher," he shrugged, "Ask any other students about the punishment. Many of them have done it since I got here."

"They're not new. I don't even know where the library is!" I retorted.

"Then find it!" he got on his feet.

"How? This place is huge! And I don't see anyone willing to help me!" I was yelling at him by this point. Evan took a step forward.

"You haven't even taken a look outside this classroom. The library might be just across the hallway," he stated exasperated, "What did you expect? For me to walk you to the library? So we could have a little chat on the way there? I don't think so,"

"I expected you to be a decent teacher willing to help a student. That's too much to ask from you, isn't it?" I spat out bitterly.

"You're making a big deal out of nothing," he shook his head, "But that's you, right? Drama girl all the time,"

He did not say that!

I squeezed my fists at my sides, "I hate you!" I exclaimed as loud as I could.

Evan smirked, cute dimples appearing on his cheek, "No, you don't."

"I do!" I repeated, struggling not to slap that smirk off his face.

He walked towards me and I didn't back a way an inch. I was furious, "You do?"

"Yes! I hate you, Evan Woods!" I screamed on his face, "I hate your handsome, perfect, sexy self!" I covered my mouth. What?

His smirk grew bigger, "What did you just say?" he grabbed my hand, uncovering my mouth. A shiver ran down my spine at his touch.

He's touching me.

No! I'm angry at him!

I slapped his hand away but he wrapped his other arm around my waist, pulling me to him.

"Let me go!" I squirmed in his arms, fighting to maintain my anger intact but it was so hard having him this close.

He smells so good.

Evan held my chin, forcing me to look up to his dense, breath-taking eyes, "You look hot when you're angry." he rubbed his nose against mine.

My feelings rushed back to me, pushing the anger down and sitting on it.

"Is everything alright, sir?" Evan let me go as fast as lighting. I turned to face Fred, the ginger boy I met before.

"Yes, Ms. Jones was about to leave," Evan explained, walking back to his seat.

I frowned, "What about the library?"

"You are dismissed," Evan said, picking up some papers from his desk, "Just go." I followed his command, walking past a very confused Fred who gave me a suspicious look.

And that was how my first day of extra-course ended.

As I walked back home, I couldn't help thinking about how close Evan and I had been in that room. Besides the coldness, I didn't sense any hate or despise from his part. When we'd been close, he seemed as lost to his feelings as I was. And that gave me hope.

I spotted my house in the distance. It felt good to see my house surrounded by other houses instead of isolation for once. I rubbed my neck, I was tired. At least, my day was over or that was what I thought.

Did I mention fate has a weird way to play jokes on me? No? Well, it has.

I crossed the street to get to my house and guess who was walking towards me in the sidewalk. He was wearing sport black shorts and a grey t-shirt. He had his white earphones on, carrying a small bag. His hair was damp at some parts, probably from sweat. He looked like he was coming from football practice. How did I know? He had his white sport shoes on.

And of course, when he saw me, he froze in his steps like a cat caught eating warm food from your kitchen table.

I didn't have it in me to be surprised. I knew the disadvantages of moving here.

We kissed.

I blushed, remembering that.

So, awkwardness, here we come.

Fate must be really having a blast at my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 1.1K 18
𝑆𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑦 (𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛) (𝑠𝑢ℎ - 𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑟 - 𝑖 - 𝑡𝑒𝑒) 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑟 𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙�...
237K 4.8K 34
~HIGHEST RANKING: #1Michelle, #1Ship, #1MichelleJones, #1Peterandmichelle #1Spideychelle #1PeterandMJ~ Michelle Jones likes books, doesn't wear makeu...
221K 6.2K 27
Jimin is your bully and your the nerdy kid and you come back the next school year but you come back looking different......
29.1K 672 13
Tinh Tế Tu Yêu Giả Truyền Thuyết Thể loại:xuyên qua, thú nhân, tương lai, HE Nguồn: Hạ Nguyệt - Edit: Cáo khìn - Beta: Rồng béo Văn án: Nhan Tử Dạ là...