The Penalty Box

Od Madddie_boooo

"Why do you play hockey?" He asked with a sense of urgency to his voice," Callahan why do you play hockey?" S... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
The story behind The Penalty Box plus a thank you from me

Chapter 61

1.5K 37 2
Od Madddie_boooo

The summer flew by without any of us really noticing. Between working on the rink and keeping it up and running, while running my own hockey club, and coaching it, and with Coty and the hurricanes, we'd all stayed very busy.

"Tyler let's go man!" I called fixing my hair," We can't be late!"

"I'm coming!" He yelled as he ran down the stairs," Letts should be here any minute."

Over the summer, Tyler started dating one of the ponytail players, Scarlet Davis. She'd told us all multiple times that she'd be playing with Tyler if her parents would just let her play with the boys. But they were naturally afraid of her playing full contact.

"I'm here!" She yelled running into the door.

"Okay, lets go then!" I laughed snatching my keys off the side table.

Ty grinned and pulled his jersey on and hugged Scarlet as they walked out behind me. I smiled as I watched him kiss the top of her head and open the car door for her.

In the last couple of weeks, Coty and I had talked a lot about adopting Ty. He was already a part of our family, so we'd only be making it official. But of course, that was only if Ty wanted to really be a part of our family. We, however, weren't going to ask him until we were sure it was something we could do.

We'd planned to talk to him about it soon. The moment we were sure that we could actually adopt him, so until then we just had to wait.

"So you guys get the seats, and I'll be in the WAG box if y'all need me," I told the two teenagers as we entered the rink.

"You're the best," Ty laughed, taking the tickets from my hand.

"Just remember, I can see you from the box," I warned.

He shook his head and lead Scarlet away. I could hear them laughing as they walked off. It brought a smile to my face to see him happy. I didn't think I'd be able to know what it felt like to be a parent so young, but I understand now. I understand why my mom used to say she'd do anything for her kids to be happy.

I took a few more seconds before I started to make my way up to the box that all of the wives and girlfriends all hung out in. I normally didn't go up there for the whole game, but I'd promised Ty the seats. It wasn't that I didn't like the WAGS, it was more of the fact that I had a better view of the game from the seats.

Most of the girls were already in the box, sipping on their drink of choice. I was attacked with hugs the moment I was actually in the door. Although most of us had been to all the preseason games, and even hung out during the off season, there was just something about opening night.

"Here have a drink!" Heather Staal cheered.

"Can't, I'm driving the kids home," I laughed.

"Shame," She sighed," You know, I heard you and Coty are talking about kids."

I could feel my face redden," That damn boy doesn't know how to shut up in the locker room."

She laughed and pulled me to sit down," Jordan just said he mentioned it. I think all the little Baby Canes that we have running around has gotten to him."

I shrugged," We've talked about it. I mean, we've only been married for a couple of months, but we've been together for years," I replied," It's crazy to think that I'm married to my high school boyfriend, and that I'm having kids with him."

"Oh? Having?" She asked, eyebrows raised.

I cursed, but still smiled sheepishly," You cannot tell anyone, because I haven't even told Coty yet... but yes."

"Oh my god!" She squealed," You're pregnant!"

"Hush!" I hissed," Like I said, I haven't told Coty yet!"

She reached over to hug me tightly. To be honest, I hadn't let it sink in fully in the last couple of weeks. I'd been feeling nauseous recently, but I'd assumed I'd just eaten something awful. But I knew something was off. So when I realized my period was late, I decided I needed to take the lone pregnancy test I had hidden in the back of my drawer in the bathroom.

Somehow I was even surprised when it came out to be positive. Not that we'd been trying to have a baby, but we hadn't exactly been preventing it either. Coty and I had been in the stage of if it happened, it happened.

                           **

The Hurricanes ended up winning 4-1. I watched as Coty hugged various teammates, like they always did after a win.

I'd had every intention to wait for him to be done, but he'd texted to tell me to go ahead and take Ty and Scarlet home, stating that he had a ton of interviews that they wanted him to do.

"I'm gonna take Letts home," Ty told me," If that's okay?"

"Yeah, be careful okay?" I told him," Nice seeing you again Scarlet."

"Bye Mrs. Bruner, thank you for letting me come to the game," She told me.

"No problem, your welcome anytime," I reminded her.

Coty got home about twenty minutes after Ty left. His hair was still damp but starting to curl slightly at the ends. He looked exhausted, yet somehow energized.

He smiled and practically jumped onto the couch right next to me. His smile was wide as he leaned his head back and took in a deep breath. I loved post win Coty, he was happy and calm. I knew it would only take a few minutes for him to launch into talking about the game, and the many plays that had gone their way.

"So, you've been talking about kids in the locker room?" I questioned softly.

I'd only seen Coty blush a handful of times, but I loved it none the less," The guys were asking when we were gonna start having them. Something about the next generation of hockey players or some shit."

"Coty-"

"I told them not to worry about it by the way," He cut me off," I mean, we have plenty of time. And obviously, whenever you're ready."

I smiled and reached up to brush a bit of hair out of his face. He sighed and leaned into my touch, closing his eyes as he did. We hadn't had many moments to ourselves this last week. It'd been full speed ahead with hockey, and the rink, and taking care of Ty.

"What if we didn't have to wait?" I questioned, fighting the smile that creeped across my face.

He hummed still not opening his eyes," Babe."

"I'm serious Coty," I said, playing with a bit of his hair.

His eyes snapped open and he sat up a little bit. I could see the confusion, and then the shameless hope that followed.

"But that would mean that you'd be-"

I nodded," That I would be pregnant?"

He sat up the rest of the way and shifted so he could face me. His eyes were big, mouth hanging wide open.

"Callahan," He murmured.

"Congratulations," I laughed softly.

"Are you serious?" He questioned, still not believing me.

"I promise," I assured him, "We're having a baby Coty."

His eyes started to water a little. He didn't say a word as he leaned in to kiss me, long and soft. When he pulled away, he kept his forehead resting on mine. We stayed like that for a while, he just held me the entire time. I almost wondered if he thought that the moment he moved, it'd all turn out to just be a dream.

"We're having a baby," He said in disbelief.

"Yeah Coty, we are," I threaded my fingers back through his hair and smiled," We're gonna be a family."

"But we already are Cal, we have Ty, and now we're going to have a little one," He laughed," I got a call from Ty's social worker this morning, all we have to do is get Ty's approval and then get a judge to sign off on the papers."

And just like that, we had the hope of having two children, and not just one. Not just our baby, and the foster son we'd taken in. No, because if Ty agreed, he would be our son, fully.

"He mentioned that Branny wanted him to come over tonight," I replied," He should be back tomorrow morning."

"We can ask him tomorrow then?" Coty question hopefully.

"Tomorrow."

Just like that, we had the promise of a new future. One with hopefully two kids, maybe more if the time came.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

346K 9.9K 49
For Rachel Beckett the Olympics was a huge defining moment in her life, something she had been working tirelessly towards since she was five years ol...
142K 2.2K 72
When a new girl joins the Penguins medical team she's not what anyone would have expected, especially not superstar Sidney Crosby. Also posted on AO3...
20.9K 562 22
-- "You think you're so tough hm?" He says, getting closer to me. Both of our eyes lustful, deep and glued to each other's. "I am" I certify the one...
10.8K 259 43
Mia has been supporting her sister, Ella, for the last 3 years after they ran away from home when Mia was only 18. She has worked up to 3 jobs at a t...