Never Looking Back ✔

By serial-chiller

Completed. More

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 24

53K 1.8K 111
By serial-chiller

Chapter 24

Enjoy reading! :D

Emily's POV

I froze when I saw the secne in front of me. Daniel hugging a girl? He-

But I thought he was more into fucking. I looked at them. The girl was hugging him very tightly and daniel wasn't looking very happy with the hug.

"I didn't know you had one more sister". I stated snapping both of them out of their lovey dovey crap. I raised my eyebrows.

Is it me or did I sound jealous?

No. Why would I be jealous? I shook my head. Just kind of disappointed in daniel because I think he can do better than this little bitch.

Wondering why I am judging? It's just that I can smell bitches. Yeah. It's my sixth sense or whatever you call it.

I looked at the girl. She had blonde hair which I am sure are dyed.  She is wearing a skin tight black dress which barely covers her ass and her boobs are popping out.

Ew.

Have some shame girl.

She was wearing six inches tall heels which makes her taller than daniel. Kidding. But she looks very tall.

Once she took off her heels I am sure I would be taller than her.

Ugh. Why am I even comparing myself with her! My standards are higher than that.

Her lips are coated in red colour and her face is so caked with makeup.

She is wearing more makeup than kylie cosmetics make in one day.

Yeah. And I am not even exaggerating!

I snapped out of my judging-everything-of-you gaze and looked up and saw her glaring at me. I almost rolled my eyes. Obviously.

If looks could kill I would be six feet under ground but it doesn't so I am cool.

Who is she? I thought curiously. A lover? Cousin perhaps. But I don't think so. A fuck buddy maybe? Because that's what daniel does.

Ugh. Why am I being nosy? I hate nosy people and look I am being one now.

"Natalie this is emily. My assistant. And emily this is Natalie my friend". David introduced though I didn't miss the slight hesitation when he said the word 'friend'.

Assistant.

Yeah. That's what I am. An assitant. Just an assistant. Nothing more.

But why does it hurt a little when he introduced me as an assistant when I am just his assistant. I ignored the slight pinge of my heart and focused on them.

"I came here to give these files that you asked for earlier". I said in a low voice. I walked and placed them on the table.

I then looked at them and they were looking at me like Just-leave-already. Natalie mostly.

Okay.

I then walked out and went to my office. Daniel is such an asshole. No 1 asshole. He is always will be! I shook my head.

But why is he. He didn't do anything now. A voice in my brain said.

He just is! I said out loud. Why was he with that girl! I thought irritatedly. Are they a thing? A frown etched on my face at that. What if they are?

God! Why am I even caring. He can do whatever he wants. If he wants a girlfriend then he can have for all I care.

I won't care. Not even a tiny bit.

Ugh! My mood has been ruined. I don't know why! But it has! All because of daniel. Because he gives me so much work!

Yeah! That's the reason!

I have so much work. I can't think I can do it. And with this state of mind. I totally can't.

I need food. Only food can lift up my mood. I glanced at the clock and saw that there is still time left to lunch break.

I then sat back and started to complain about my life.

Everyone is dating these days! Why am I the only one single! I think I should get myself a boyfriend too.

A handsome guy. Who is super great to me. A bit bad. You know, cuz I am a little into badboys. Just a very little.

I am getting older everyday! And I never really had a boyfriend. I mean I had but they were douchebags.

Why did I even date them. They weren't even handsome. Why was I so stupid back then.

Daniel is so much hotter than them.

Fuck! Where did that came from?

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts. Daniel is all that I have in my mind now a days!

My thoughts went back to those assholes that I dated in high school. Even if I remember a little of what I used to do back then, I cringe so hard. I was so stupid.

And those two guys that I dated. They totally came out as disasters.

The first one only dated me to get into my pants, it was a bet. Asshole.

The second one was a sweet guy. And a sixteen year old me thought that I was going to be marry to him and will have his little kids. And he turned out to be gay. Asshole.

Stupid teenagers.

See. I only attract assholes or should I say I only like assholes. And daniel just happens to be one....

****

I was still in my office doing nothing just whirling my chair. Yeah mature, I know.

I am in no mood of work today. I mean, I am never in mood of working but today the mood of not working is higher than usual so I am just gonna sit here and do nothing.

My laptop is opened and sitting in front of me and I have took a random file from the shelf and it is also opened in front of me just in case anyone comes.

I am very cautious. 

My mind drifted to daniel and natalie. I can't help. What are they doing right now? Did she leave? Or she is still with him? I hope not.

Gosh. Just get daniel out of your head emily!

I feel like pulling my hair in irritation. I am so irritated right now! I can't even. I think I am going to have my period soon.

I opened my mobile to check the date and yeah. I am gonna hit my period soon. Joy. I know.

Done with sitting on the chair doing nothing, I got up finally and made my way towards daniel office.

I slowly reached the door and looked right and left to see if anyone is near. I placed my ear on the door trying to listen what natalie and daniel are doing or talking about or if natalie is still even there.

I moved a little closer as I couldn't hear anything. What the hell? Why can't I hear anything? Is this door soundproof or something as I was still trying to listen a voice from behind called.

"Emily". I cursed under my breath as I realized who the voice is coming from.

I shut my eyes tightly as embarrassment filled inside me. I took a deep breath and turned around and made a normal face.

"Hi". I said with an awkward smile.

He raised his eyebrows. "May I know what you were doing?"

I was trying to listen if you were with that girl! "I came to talk to you about something important". I said as this was the first thing that popped in my mind.

"Then why were you standing here with your ear pressed to the door". He tilted his head and man he looked hot doin-

Fuck! Where did that come from?

Focusing on the question. Ugh. What should I say now? "Uh-I was trying to listen if you were in the office". I said.

"And you just couldn't come in to see that". He said.

Shit. "I have been knocking and you weren't answering so that's why I was trying to listen if you were still in". I said and almost pat myself on the back for coming up with that.

"Sure". He said though he looked like he still couldn't believe me. Like I care if you believe or not.

He then went in and I followed him.

"So what was the 'important thing' you wanted to talk about". He said and slightly mocked the two words as he adjusted himself on the chair.

What was the important thing I wanted to talk about?

"I wanted to talk about- uh. I wanted to ask if you wanted to eat something uh- because I was going to order myself something". I paused. "Yeah". I nodded.

Not bad emily. Food is after all an important thing. Right? Hell yeah!

He looked amused a little after I completed talking. "A new hotel has opened nearby why don't we go there?". He asked.

Oh my god. He is asking me to have lunch with him! In a friendly manner though. No, in a boss and assistantly manner. Yeah, Should I go?

Hell yeah.

I am never going to say no to free food. I looked at him and aw him waiting for the answer. "Sure". I said.

He quickly got up from the seat and we got out of the office. I could feel the stares we were getting. I saw cheryl looking at me and raised her eyebrows.

"Meeting". I mouthed and she nodded. I am such a liar. Anyways.

With my feelings on fire guess I am a bad liar.

We got out of the window and walked towards his beautiful sports car. If only I could steal it!

He chuckled. I looked at him and furrowed my eye brows. "You said that out loud".

I cursed under my breath. Way to embarrass yourself.

I was going to open the passenger door for me but daniel beat me to it and opened it first like a gentleman. My heart fluttered at the action.

I sat in quite excited for our lunch even though it's going to be professional.

Extremely professional.

We will talk about business, business and business.

After a while we reached a fancy looking hotel. Obviously. The ride was quite quiet. Awkward kinda. I don't even know why.

We went inside. Daniel led me to a table of two and pulled out a chair for me.

Ok

I sat down trying to look extremely normal when in the inside it was a whole different story.

When daniel does things like this some weird things happen in my stomach which I really want to ignore it but can't.

"So". I said trying to break the silence.

"So". He repeated.

"So". I said again and started laughing. He soon joined.

Who would have thought that I would be sitting and laughing with daniel freaking clifford. Noone? Right?

I stared at him. He is so handsome. His eyes are the deepest shade of ocean. So beautiful that you can get lost in them. The subtle hair on his face look so good. Just the way I like it. Not too much nor completely bare. His jawline is so sharp. And his pink lips are th-

Wait! Where did that come from? Oh my god! I am going crazy.

I saw him smirking obviosuly caught me staring. Ugh. I can feel my cheeks getting hot.

I quickly grabbed the glass of water from the table and drank it.

"Hey that was mine".  He said as I placed the glass on the table. Gosh! Way to go emily. My blush multiplied to 10000.

"Cute". He said under his breath.

Oh my god. He thinks I am cute! Ahh! I can scream.

"I need to use restroom". I awkwardly smiled and got up from my seat and literally ran to bathroom.

I thanked god when I saw noone in the bathroom. I was about to wash my face then remember that it will ruin my little makeup so I set against it. I opened the bag that I brought with me here.

I applied the lipstick again and redid the mascara. I then wiped the imaginary dirt out of my clothes and took deep breaths.

I then got out of the restroom and bumped into someone which resulted in me falling straight on my butt.

Ugh.

I looked up to curse the person then immediately stopped when I saw the person.

"Blake!". I practically shouted.

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 1.6K 25
𝘼 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝙢𝙖𝙛𝙞𝙖 𝙤𝙗𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮.
168K 9.5K 120
𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚔𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚊𝚗.
11.3K 282 25
...