Flashpoint (Season 2) #Wattys...

由 Angela_Tillson

(Book 2) Alexandria Parker, also known as Alex is the daughter of Sergeant Greg Parker of the SRU. The Strat... 更多

Chapter 1: Eagle Two
Chapter 2: Backwards Day
Chapter 3: Between Heartbeats
Chapter 4: Business as Usual
Chapter 5: Clean Hands
Chapter 6: The Perfect Family
Chapter 7: The Perfect Storm
Chapter 8: One Wrong Move
Chapter 9: Never Let You Down
*Authors Note*
Chapter 11: The Farm
Chapter 12: You Think You Know Someone
Chapter 13: Behind The Blue Line

Chapter 10: Custody

890 15 8
由 Angela_Tillson

Alex grabs her phone off her night side table after getting ready and looks at the time before the locks it again. She takes a second look quickly and her stomach drops noticing the date. "Alex, Jules is here" Greg calls from the living room, causing her to place her phone in her pocket slowly. "Alright! I'll be right there" she calls back.

"I will see you at the station" Alex smiles as she walks past her father and places a small kiss on his cheek. "Don't be late!" her father jokes as he points his finger at her, and takes a sip of his coffee. "Haha, funny" Alex smirks. "I'll be there before you" she continues and opens the door, leaving the house.

She walks outside and spots Jules waiting in her car with a big smile on her face. "Lets go slowpoke!" Jules yells. Once Alex gets into the car Jules could see that something was wrong by the look on her face. "Alex? Is everything okay?" she questions curiously and Alex looks down at the black screen of her phone and sighs as she slowly looks up at Jules. "I'm late" she whispers and Jules shakes her head slowly. "We're not late, Alex. It's fine" Jules snickers as she drives through the streets of the city. "No, Jules....I'm late" Alex then repeats, and Jules looks over at her quickly, shocked. "Oh my god!" Jules says with no emotion on her face, before she looks back towards the road in front of her. "What do you want to do?" she then asks. "Right now, I want to just go to work. Get through the day, and not mention this to anyone. Promise me, Jules" Alex states looking over at her seriously. "Okay. I promise. You're my best friend. You tell me not to tell anyone, I won't tell anyone" Jules says as she nods her head. "Okay" Alex sighs as she leans her head against the cool glass of the window, as the pit in her stomach grows making her feel sick.

Once they both arrive at the station and head into the change room to get ready, they notice Leah sitting there with pants and a bra on. "Morning" Alex smiles as she walks over to her locker. "Oh! Morning" Leah says as she stands up quickly from the bench. "Wow...Nice scar" Jules states as both her and Alex look over at Leah and notice the large scare on the back of her right shoulder. "Thanks" Leah snickers. "Professional or Recreational?" Alex asks curiously. "A little of both" Leah answers. "Oh, yeah? What happened?" Jules questions curiously, as she places her bag on the bench and begins to change. "There was an apartment fire In High Park. Old building. So, the thing went up In about five minutes. People were jumping from their balconies....It was a mess" she begins as both Alex and Jules listen with anticipation. "So, I was bringing this kid down from the third floor, and that's when the stairs collapsed. Barely made it out myself" Leah finishes as Alex and Jules look at her shocked. "Did the kid make it?" Alex asks quietly, casing Leah to shake her head. "Nope" she sighs turning back around towards her locker. "Sorry" Jules whispers. "What was the recreational Part?" Alex then questions as she changes into her uniform. "I got so pissed off that night, threw back a few shots and jumped on my bike. The Harley didn't make it, I did" Leah continues to say. "You know, there's good plastic surgeons, if you ever wanna get rid of that" Jules advises as the sound of the alarm echoes through the station.

"Team One, Suit up!" Winnie's voice yells through the PA System. "Gun call, Business district, twenty o'two Bay Street" 

Leah then closes her locker, followed by Alex and Jules and laughs. "Nah, it's a good reminder not to be an idiot" Leah says. "Yeah, I got four brothers for that" Jules laughs, as they run out of the locker room and towards the garage.

Once Alex steps towards her truck and opens the door, Jues stops her and turns her around. "What's your plan?" she then questions. "What are you talking about, Jules?" Alex asks confused. "Alex, if you are..." Jules begins to say, and looks around to see if anyone else was around. "Pregnant, you have to be careful" she continues in a whisper. "Jules. I will be. We always are. But like I said, I just want to work and stay focused. Keeps people safe. Okay?" Alex asks. "Okay" Jules nods. "Lets go" Alex then says as she hops into the driver seat and Jules runs back around to the passenger side. They follow Greg, Eddie and Leah's SUV out of the garage as Wordy, and Sam follow behind them in another, and Spike behind them in the Command Truck.

As they all pull up in front of a tall building, they see screaming people running out through the doors panicked and scared. Alex climbs out of the car, avoiding as many people as possible and hears her father talking to a First Responder. "I got it all, thanks" he says before turning around to walk towards her. "What do we got?" Alex asks as she looks up towards the building and Team One walks up towards their Sargents. "White male, late thirty's. Pulls a gun, forces another white male into the building" Greg explains as the Command Truck pulls up behind them. "Did you get a location Inside?" Eddie questions and Greg nods his head. "They were seen in the atrium, but beyond that, no idea" Greg answers. "Shots fired?" Alex then asks as she looks at her father curiously. "Not yet" he states. "Uniforms cleared the first two floors, but they don't have shields. So, they backed off In case the guy went active" Jules adds as she walks towards the team after talking to another Officer. "Okay, lets see what Spike's got" Eddie demands as him and Wordy turn and head into the Command Truck.

"Let's start talking before buddy takes it up a level. Priority is on who and where" Alex shouts as she looks up at the building again. "Bonus points for why?" Jules than jokes, causing Alex to snicker and look over at her shaking her head. 

"Okay, guys, we've got twelve floors, a dozen offices per floor. Sam?" Eddie questions as he looks over at him in the Command Truck. "That's a lot of window, can't pick a sniper perch without more intel" Sam answers quickly. "Alright, Let's narrow it down" Eddie says as they all look down to the computer screen in front of Spike. "Okay, I got the building's Head of security. His guys on these floors have reported no disturbances. He's awaiting instructions" Spike explains as he highlight the first couple floors on the computer. "Alright. Tell him to lock down the elevators. First priority is to immobilize and contain the threat" Eddie states. "Copy that" Spike answers.

Outside the Command Truck Jules and Alex talk to a shaken up woman. "He came up this way. He starts yelling at the other guy who was just coming out. Then he pulls a gun and makes the other guy turn around and go back inside" the woman quickly explains while a few feet away Greg talks to a man from the building.

"Do you know any of these guys?" Greg questions. "Well, I seen the guy he was pointing the gun at. The lawyer" the man says. "He's a lawyer?" Greg quickly asks. "I'm pretty sure he hangs out with the other lawyers from the building" the man explains as Greg looks over at Alex and nods his head.

Alex looks back at the woman and shows a small smile. "What was he yelling?" Alex asks curiously. "Something about his kids. Somebody took his kids?" the woman states scared. "Okay, and you said it seemed like they knew each other?" Jules then questions and the woman nods her head.

Greg looks back up at the man in a suite and sighs slightly. "Do you know where his office is?" he asks. "Well, it's not on the first floor; I got my office there. I know everybody" the man explains. "Above that?" Greg then asks. "I have no clue, man. I'm sorry" the man in the suite says shaking his head.

"Any idea what kind of weapon it was? A handgun or a shotgun...rifle?" Alex asks. "A handgun! I saw a flash of silver....I'm sorry, I don't know guns" the woman explains. "No-no, that's good. That helps. Do you know the victim?" Alex then questions as Jules stands beside her and writes down notes on the tablet. "I don't know his name, but, yeah. I think he has an office In the building" the woman says as she looks up towards the building, with fear still in her eyes. "Do you know which office?" Alex smiles and the woman shakes her head no. 

In the command truck Jule's notes pop up onto Spikes screen and read:

Subject: Male, Caucasian, late 30s

Dark blue business suite.

Weapon: Handgun (silver)

"Eddie. The hostage may be a lawyer" Greg's voice says through the headset. "Okay, copy that, Boss. Spike, You got a tenant list?" Eddie asks as he turns around to look at Spike on the computer. "Lawyers. We got plenty of lawyers. Law firms from here, to here, and here, and here" Spike says as pop ups keep coming up on his screen. "Hey, guys, my witness says they seemed to know each other. This is personal. Something about losing his kids" Alex explains through the headset. "So, he's stressed. He's just suffered a loss" Greg states. "How stressed do you have to be to come after a lawyer?" Wordy questions confused. "So, what, the guy grabs the lawyer, takes him to his own office?" Eddie asks. "Or he grabs the guy and takes him to the most convenient office" Leah states as Eddie looks towards her and she shrugs her shoulders. "Alright, until we learn more, we'll do it the hard way. We start on the tenth floor, we work our way down. Stealth entry. Locate and evacuate any citizens at risk" Eddie explains.

Sam, Leah, and Wordy all run into the building and take the staff elevator up to the tenth floor, covering every hallway they come across. "SRU, come with me," Leah says quietly as she notices people stand up from behind a big desk scared. "Clearing, two friendlies" Sam advises as he watches Leah escort the two women out the way they came. "Tenth-floor clear" Wordy then says. "Find the subject and the hostage without alerting them to our presence" Alex says quietly as the rest of the team stand in the Command Truck and Sam, Wordy, and Leah continue their search on the ninth floor.

"Ninth floor, suites nine o'one to nine ten, clear" they all hear Sam say. "Copy that," Spike says as he marks it down the computer. "Seventh floor: clear" Wordy then says after about twenty minutes. "Where are you, buddy?" Eddie sighs as they all watch the three red dots on the screen move along the layout of the building. "Suite six o'one to six ten, clear" Sam's voice says and Alex sits down beside Spike shaking her head slowly. "Got it" Spike advises, highlighting the rooms.

The headsets go quiet for a few seconds, but then Sam's voice whispers. "Subject's located," he says. "Two males arguing. Office of Adam Westfall, Room six twelve. Door facing the atrium, Southwest" Wordy explains in a whisper and Spike quickly types into the keyboard. "Adam Westfall. Specializes in family law. Small office. One employee: Amanda Martin, paralegal" Spike reads as he looks at the screen. "She could be in the office as well. She could be at risk" Greg panics. "Wordy get eyes in there" Eddie demands. "We may have a second citizen In there. A possible hostage. Maybe somebody injured or hiding" Ed continues. "Copy that" Wordy's voice answers.

"The subject's telling him now that she's got the kids, she's taking them back to Ireland to her parents; He'll never see them again" Leah explains as she listens in to the conversation behind the door. "Checked with the uniforms, Amanda Martin's car is in her space in the garage. A couple people saw her at work today" Spike explains as he hangs up the phone. "Chances are she's inside" Greg says quietly looking over at Alex than to Eddie. "She's a wildcard. I don't like wildcards" Alex sighs. "Maybe we get lucky and she's outside the building" Greg  as he places a hand on Alex's shoulder. "Boss, there's no way we can go in until we've located her" Eddie then protests, but is cut off by Jules through the headset.

"Spike, The subject's car is registered to a Donald Mitchell" she states. "Donald Mitchell. Cross-ref with Adam Westfall And Oh...I get to say, bingo?" Spike questions. "Please don't say bingo" Greg snickers and Spikes smiles fades as he sighs and looks back at the computer, causing Alex to snicker. "Westfall was in court this morning representing a Helen Mitchell In a custody case" Spike explains quickly. "He loses custody, blames her lawyer" Eddie then mentions as he looks at Alex. "Okay, see what you can find out about the case. Get an address on the wife and send it to Jules" Greg demands to Spike. "Jules?" Alex questions. "On my way" Jules replies back. "Hold up, I'm coming with you" Alex says as she gets up from her seat and heads out of the Command Truck.

"Snake cam's good to go. Let's figure out where to put it" Wordy's voice says impatiently as he stands in front of the door holding the small moveable camera in his hands. "Spike, we need the schematic for Westfall's office?" Sam says through the headset. "Coming at you" Spike then says as he feels his phone vibrate in his pocket and he reaches to take it out. Sam looks down at his phone and leans over to show Wordy. "Two rooms" Sam whispers looking at the picture of the layout of the office. "My guess, she's in the closet" Wordy mentions as they both look up at each other. "If she's hiding, or even in there" Sam reassures. 

"Well, we got uniforms checking the crowd for her. You know, nobody's found her yet" Greg advises through the headset as he looks down at the computer screen in front of him. "Can we get a cam into that closet?" Eddie then asks curiously coming up with an idea. "If I go in through the outside wall. It's concrete. Might take awhile" Wordy states questionably. "Fast is good. Get eyes into the main office, then we'll focus on the closet" Eddie demands as Sam and Wordy look up at each other and walk back towards the office doors.

Spike hangs up the phone and sighs as he then continues to type away on the computer. "Guys, as far as I can tell, Mitchell's a solid citizen. No arrests, not even a speeding ticket" he explains and then looks up at Greg and Eddie waiting for them to respond. "What about the custody case?" Greg asks. "Well, according to the clerk In family law, It was a really nasty one" Spike then adds as he looks at the computer screen. "And Donald lost the kids" Greg sighs. "No, he won. He got full custody" Spike advises quickly and both Greg and Eddie looks towards him quickly. "Say that again?" Eddie questions. "He got custody? His wife's stealing the kids" Greg states. "So this isn't about revenge on a lawyer" Eddie begins to say and then looks towards Greg shocked. "This is about a parental abduction" Greg finishes frustrated.

"Two fourteen pm, armed hostage taking, motivated by possible parental abduction" Spike says into the mic for the transcripts. "So Mitchell gets full custody of the kids, then goes after the wife's lawyer? I don't get it" Eddie questions to Greg as he looks confused. "Well, his means are extreme, but his purpose is rational. I think it's time to go verbal. You got his cell number?" Greg asks as he looks back down at Spike who hands him a piece of paper. "Yeah" Spike answers. 

Greg takes his cell out of his pocket and has Spike make the call go through the headsets. Once he is ready, Greg dials Mitchells number and looks over at Eddie. "Yeah?" a male voice questions after a few rings. "Donald Mitchell?" Greg asks curiously. "My name's Sergeant Greg Parker, I'm with the Police Strategic Response Unit" Greg then continues and the line stays quiet for a few seconds. "Police, right. How are you?" Donald's voice says through the phone. "I'm doing okay. How are you doing?" Greg asks calmly. "I'm fine, just fine. Just taking care of something, since you guys couldn't help me out. It's a little time-sensitive, so maybe I can get back to you" Donald explains in a panicked tone. "Yeah, it sounds like you're under a little pressure here" Greg says. "My wife stole my kids! I called the school to tell 'em I'm gonna pick them up early, they were gone. They weren't at her place. They were just gone!" Donald says as he begins to get louder. "She stole my kids! And this son of a bitch helped her out. He tells me where they are, and this is all over" Donald's voice shouts. "Let me help you, Donald" Greg advises calmly. "I already called the Police and they blew me off. The guy says, yeah, you know, whatever. Why don't you just  come down and fill out some forms?" Donald continues to explain in a frustrated tone. "Okay, Donald, I'm sorry that they didn't listen to you, But I can assure you-" Greg begins but Donald's voice quickly cuts him off. "She's on her way to the border as we speak. She is taking them away!" Donald advises. "Donald, I'm here to help you!" Greg says loudly trying to gain his attention again. "I need an answer now, and I am handling this!" Donald screams and then hangs up the phone.

Greg looks down at Spike and sighs as he puts his phone back in his pocket. "Let's get a photo of Helen Mitchell, put it out there, see if we can't track her down" Greg demands calmly. "Okay" Spike quickly says as he types on the keyboard. "Let's find out where his kids go to school. If his story checks out, we need photos of them for an immediate Amber Alert. Let's also put a call out to the border" Eddie then states. 

"Like they are gonna let him have the kids back after this" Sam whispers as him, Wordy, and Leah all quietly stand outside the office door. "Custody fights, they get pretty primal. Right now he's all tunnel vision and short-term thinking" Wordy advises as he operates the small snake like camera. "Yeah, well, there's primal, then there's just plain crazy." Sam continues to whisper as he stands behind the both of them. "I do crazy-ass stuff to save other people's kids. Makes sense to me" Leah argues bluntly. 

"What would you do?" Greg asks Eddie as they continue to stand behind Spike in the Command Truck. "What do you mean?" Eddie questions confused looking towards him. "You and Sophie split up?" Greg adds. "That wouldn't happen" Eddie then states looking back towards Spike. "Just say, you and Sophie split up, she wanted Clark. What would you do?" Greg then asks again and Eddie laughs. "Just like I said before" he says. "What?" Greg questions. "It wouldn't happen" Eddie repeats than smiles. "Soon as we get eyes, let's go in" Eddie then says through the headset, changing the subject. "Unless I get him talking again" Greg then cuts in.

***

"I know you don't want me to bring it up again" Jules begins to say as she looks over at Alex in who was in the driver's seat. "Jules" Alex sighs as continues to drive through downtown. "Alex, this is serious" Jules than huffs. "I know, Okay. I just...I don't know what to do" Alex then admits quietly. "Well, have you taken the test?" Jules questions curiously. "No, not yet. I have it back at my house" she explains. "Hidden somewhere where my dad would never find it." "Smart" Jules laughs then looks back at Alex with a friendly smile. "Well, maybe that is where you should start" Jules states and Alex nods as she slowly pulls the car over towards a curb and they both climb out and turn back on their mic's.

***

"Have you seen her or her kids today?" Alex questions a woman who lives right next door to Helen Mitchell. "No, not today. What's going on?" the woman asks curiously as she stands up from gardening. "Well, your neighbour's ex-husband is involved in an armed incident downtown" Jules states. "What?" the woman questions shocked as she looks at both of them, quickly. "We're doing everything we can to resolve this peacefully, but we need the bigger picture. Can you help us?" Alex then asks the woman, calmly. Trying not to scare her. "Yeah" she says as she nods her head. 

"How well do you know The Mitchells?" Jules then asks pulling out her small tablet. "Uh, I've known them for about six years. They used to be really great together. But, then a few years passed and things just started to get tense between them. I mean, the real problem was Jason" the woman explains slowly. "Who's Jason?" Alex asks curiously. "Uh, Jason Wallace, her boyfriend. She-" the woman begins to explain and then stops and sighs. "I don't know if I should" she then adds looking down at the gardening gloves in her hands. 

"Are you her friend?" Alex asks bluntly, causing the woman to look up at her again. "Yeah" the woman answers. "Well Donald is threatening her lawyer with a gun. I need the whole story right now" Alex demands.

The woman looks down to the ground but then looks back up towards them. "Well, it was hard for Helen coming to live here. Away from her old life, her parents, her friends" the woman begins to say. "How was she with Donald?" Jules then asks. "They used to be head over heels. I mean Donald proposed a month after they met, that's how sure they were. But, she was so young, you know? And she gave up her studies, her country, everything" She says. "Was she isolated? Did he work a lot?" Alex asks and the woman quickly nods her head. "Oh, yeah. Donald was always at work, talking about work, breaking promises for work. It was hard" the woman explains. "And then along comes Jason, who appreciates her" Alex adds with a smile. "Exactly. Ah, here she comes. Helen?" the woman calls and Alex and Jules quickly turn around and see a woman with long brown hair climb out of her car.

"Helen Mitchell? I'm Alex Parker with the SRU" Alex questions as she walks towards the confused looking woman. "What's wrong?" Helen questions. "We're trying to locate your children" Alex explains calmly. "Locate them? They're at school" Helen says slowly as she begins to panic. "The school says that you have them" Alex advises sternly. "I don't have them! What are you saying? What's happened to my kids?" she screams.

***

Alex comes walking down Helen's stairs after finishing looking in all of the bedrooms. "I told you they're not here!" Helen snaps panicked before she looks up at Alex. "We just need to be sure" Alex says as she walks by Helen and Jules. "Please, you've gotta find them" Helen cries as Alex holds the earpiece closer to her ear. "Boss, we found Helen Mitchell. She says she has no idea where the children are. They're not in the house" Alex explains as Jules tries to calm Helen down behind her. "Alright, get to the school. Let's find out exactly what happened" Greg's voice says through the headset. "Copy that" Alex says as she turns back around to face the both of them.

***

Back in the Command Truck, the footage from the snake camera finally appears on the computer screen. "I'm gonna give you one last chance!" Donald warns as he points a gun towards the lawyer sitting in a chair. "Got out first pair of eyes" Spike advises, causing both Greg and Eddie to turn around. "Working on the closet now, Boss" Wordy's voice whispers through the headset. "Copy that" Greg answers. "Okay, if the paralegal's in there, she's hiding" Eddie advises as the three of them look at the screen.

"Don't think I won't hurt you!" Donald screams as he gets closer towards the lawyer. "Wordy, when can we see into that closet?" Eddie questions impatiently. "Uh, three, four minutes" Wordy answers as he uses a quiet drill to make a small hole. "Excellent. Two minutes, that's good" Eddie smiles. "Yeah, yeah, fast is good. The thing is a silent drill is kinda slow" Wordy adds.

***

"I don't understand. Mrs.Mitchell called. You said a friend would be picking up the children" The Principle explains confused as Alex, Jules, and Helen all stand in front of her desk. "That's impossible. I never called" Helen states bluntly as she looks up with less tears than Alex would have thought. "I'm so sorry. Nothing like this has ever happened before" the Principle explains as she looks towards Alex and Jules. "What's wrong with you? You can't just hand over my children to anybody? I mean don't you have rules? Don't you have-" Helen snaps as Alex walks towards her. "That's enough!" she shouts, causing Helen to stop talking.

Alex then looks towards the Principal. "Do you have surveillance tapes?" she asks and the Principal nods her head. "Yes, hallways and entrances" the Principle explains and Alex looks down at Helen with a smile. "Great, we need to see those right away" she says and Helen looks up at her with scared eyes. "Why do you look worried Helen. It's not like you're on the cameras" Alex whispers.

***

"Second eyes in, boss" Wordy's voice says and the three of them turn to look at the screen again. "Alright, there she is" Eddie quickly points to a woman in the corner of the small closet. "Guess we didn't get lucky" Greg sighs. "Not today" Eddie adds. "Can we get her out without alerting Donald?" Greg then asks looking over at Eddie. "Boss, there's no cover in the room, we'd be seen. I don't know how he'd react" Eddie admits as he watches the scared woman on the camera. "We go in hard" Greg states sternly. "Okay. Here's the plan: Sam, window entry. Leah, Wordy, through the door with me. Wordy, you're on ram. Leah, you're on DD's" Eddie then explains as he walks towards the Command Truck door.

"I can do the window, Ed" Leah's voice then says as Eddie stops walking and turns around confused. "What was that?" he asks quietly looking back at Greg.  "I've got a lot of experience on that. You know, burning buildings and all" Leah adds through the headset. "Excuse me?" Eddie's voice then says shocked as Leah looks down at Sam who was shaking his head slowly. "Right. Copy that. I'm on DD's" Leah sighs. "Good. Questions? I'm on my way up. Get into position" Eddie states as Greg smiles as Eddie jumps out of the Command Truck and runs towards the building.

Leah looks down at Sam, unimpressed. "Guess that was a mistake" she says quietly. "When you're the democratically elected team leader, you get to make autocratic decisions" Sam whispers and then leaves to get into his position.

***

"There. Do you recognize him?" Alex says as her and Helen look down at the footage playing on the screen. "Oh my god. It's Jason" Helen says shocked. "Jason Wallace, your boyfriend?" Jules questions confused and Helen nods her head. "Why would he take your kids without your permission?" Alex asks. "I don't know" Helen then says quickly shrugging her shoulders. "Really, Helen?" Alex questions in a frustrated tone. "We broke up a couple days ago. He...He took it pretty bad. Kinda lost it. He has anger issues" Helen explains quickly. "Would he be angry enough to hurt your kids?" Jules asks curiously. "I don't know. He said I'd regret it. Oh my god. You gotta find them!" Helen says as she begins to panic again. "We will" Alex states as she turns to face Helen and Jules.

"Do you have any recent pictures of them?" Alex asks as Helen quickly leans over and reaches in her bag. "Yes, I do" she says and grabs her wallet and hands her two pictures. One of her son, and one of her daughter. "These are great. We're gonna get these out on the street. Put out an Amber Alert. I'm gonna have a Police Officer pick you up and take you home, okay?" Alex smiles. "No, i'm fine. I don't need a ride" Helen quickly states as she places her wallet back down in her bag. "Well, Helen, we need to keep In touch with you" Alex quickly says but Jules steps in as Alex walks around her towards the main desk again.

 "Alright, I want you to wait here, okay? They're gonna be here in a few minutes" Jules smiles. "Okay" Helen whispers. "We're gonna find them" Jules reassures as she looks towards the Principal and then back at Helen.

"Boss, we got Jason Wallace on tape picking up the kids" Alex states through the headset as her and Jules walk out of the office and down the hall. "So, Jason Wallace. We got a couple of assaults on his record. He got busted a couple of times for dealing pot, and I got an address" Spike says. "Let's dispatch uniforms to contain" Greg says through the headset. "On our way" Alex then smiles at Jules.

"Sam is on route, guys" Greg then says and Alex and Jules both stop. "Seriously, Boss. It's one guy against Jules and I" Alex argues. "Come one, Boss. We can handle it" Jules adds. "He's a potentially violent man who's taken his ex-girlfriend's kids. Sam's on entry, he'll be done by the time you get here to pick him up" Greg states sternly popping the p at the end of the sentence. "Copy. That." Alex hisses as her and Jules make their way back to the truck. "I feel so loved, guys" Sam's voice then says and Alex and Jules both snicker. "Awe, poor Sam" Alex says as she closes the drivers side door.

"Winnie, I'm sending you pictures and descriptions of Alice and Liam Mitchell. They were last seen with Jason Wallace. We already got his description. Full Amber Alert to all agencies. We gotta find these kids fast!" Spike explains through the headset. "Copy that" Winnie replies.

***

"For god sake, Donald. Use your head. Why the hell would I help Helen take your kids?" The lawyer asks. "Because you spent the whole trial trying to take them. The two of you!" Donald growls. "I was doing my job!" the lawyer snaps back. "What, by lying?" Donald argues. "There was no lying!" the lawyer protests quickly. "I worked myself ragged so she could have what she wanted" Donald says a little more calmly. "All she wanted was a man who had a little space in his life for her" the lawyer then adds. "Yeah, I knew that! I had just arranged to delegate half my workload. I was coming home early with champagne, with takeout to surprise her, to celebrate" Donald explains but the layer continues with his own conversation. "So she found someone!" the lawyer screams over Donald's voice. "You made her pay, Right? You'll say whatever it takes, to make her out to be an unfit mother!" the lawyer adds as Donald once again walks closer towards him with the gun.

"Team, they're escalating. Stand by" Greg quickly says as Sam runs through the hallway to his position. 

"And what about you, huh? You made it sound like I hurt the kids. I never touched them!" Donald hisses as he itches his face closer. "Nobody said you did" the lawyer then advises. "No, you implied. You...you suggested" Donald whisper.

"Sam, how long until your in position?" Greg questions as he continues to watch the footage of both cameras. "Thirty seconds" Sam replies quickly as Eddie runs towards the door to see Wordy and Leah. "Boss, third party. She's looking pretty nervous" Spike warns as they both look towards the screen, showing the woman hiding in the closet. She was beginning to panic. 

"She's just fighting for a chance to have a life, to make a choice of her own, and there you are invoking parental alienation, and malicious mom syndrome." The lawyer continues to argue. "Well, what do you call it?" Donald snaps. 

"Don't like where this is headed" Spike says looking back at Greg. "Eddie, woman in the closet is about to make a move" Greg quickly advises as he looks at the footage. "Copy that, standing by" Eddie whispers. "Update, Sam" Greg demands as he waits for a reply. "Just setting the charge, Boss" Sam advises as he places the object on the window. "Holding for you, Sam" Eddie states calmly as him, Leah and Wordy hold their guns up towards the door. 

"Forget it, okay? The only thing that matters now are my kids. Where are they?" Donald's voice yells. The woman then freaks out and opens the door to the closet running out and towards the main door to the office, causing Donald to quickly turns around. "Hey! Stop! Stop right there" Donald screams as he points the gun towards the woman.

"Damn it, stay there!" Greg yells in the Command Truck frustrated.

"Tell me where my kids are" Donald orders as he continues to point the gun towards her and tears fall from her eyes. "He didn't do anything" the woman advises pointing towards the lawyer in the chair. "Where are they!" Donald snaps causing both of them to jump from the loudness of his voice. "Helen loved those kids" the woman says in a scared tone as she stands close to the wall behind her. "I love them, too!" Donald screams before suddenly the lawyer runs towards him and tries to grab the gun, but is unable to as Donald turns around and hits him in the face.

"Fast is good!" Greg yells through the headset watching the scene on the camera. 

"Three, two, one.."Eddie counts down and on his signal Wordy rams the door open and the three of them run in screaming as the window breaks in front of them and Sam repels down into the office  "Hands in the air! Hands in the air! Police!" Eddie, Wordy and Sam all yell as they hold their guns up. "Get your hands up, now!" Leah's voice then screams over them.

Donald quickly drops the gun and raises his hands up along with the lawyer. Sam runs up behind Donald and forces him to his knees to handcuff him. "No...No...No" Donald's voice cries as Sam lifts him back up to his feet and Eddie walks towards them. "Let's take a walk" Eddie says and grabs Donalds arms leading him out of the room.

"You good?" Wordy then asks the lawyer as he notices the cut on his forehead. "Yeah" he answers. "I'll get you down to the paramedic" Wordy smiles as he then leads him out of the room, leaving Sam to escort the woman behind them.

"Listen...Would you just listen? You gotta stop her! You gotta do something" Donald cries as he stands in front of Eddie outside of the building. "Sir, the man you had at gunpoint-" Eddie begins to say, but Donald quickly cuts him off. "He's hiding my wife and kids. If they get out of the county, I'll never see them again" Donald panics. "Now why do you think he's involved?" Eddie then asks confused. "Because the bastard did everything that he could to take them from me" Donald explains quickly. "He's a lawyer, that is his job" Eddie advises loudly. "It's more than that. It is way more than that. It's something I heard him say at the pre-trial" Donald says. "And what did he say?" Eddie questions as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Helen was going on and on about doing anything to make me stop trying to take the kids away, and then the two of them kept saying they would do anything to help her. They are in on whatever is going on, I know it!" "Donald-" Eddie begins and Donals interrupts him again. 

"I was just about to say maybe we can work this out, then I heard her say that. What'd I even do to make her hate me so much? I didn't even think about it 'til later...Whatever it takes? She wouldn't lose the kids. And that's what he did, anything it took. He helped her take them. He knows where they're going right now" he continued but Eddie places a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Okay, Donald. We talked to your wife and there's no indication that she's got the children with her" Eddie advises slowly and Donald looks at him shocked and confused. "Then who picked them up from school?" he questions now a little more panicked than before. "Jason Wallace" Eddie answers. "Jason?....Took them on his own?" Donald questions. "We don't have the answer to that" Eddie states as he nods to a Police Officer behind Donald. "You have to get them back!" Donald shouts as the Police Officer leads him towards a car.

"Boss, we have a situation" Alex's voice then says as Eddie walks back towards the Command Truck. "Talk to me, Alex" Greg then says. "Uniforms report Jason Wallace wasn't at home. Neighbours saw him leave" Alex advises as she drives through the city with Sam now in the passenger seat and Jules in the back. "What about the kids?" Greg then questions. "Unaccounted for, but uh, we found juice boxes" Jules states. "Could be his" Sam smiles looking back at her. "Spotty Leopard Jungle Nectar?" Alex questions curiously as she looks over at Sam holding in a laugh as he shrugs his shoulders. "Well, they were there. Where are they now?" Greg ask. "We just did a credit card check. He checked into the Royal York about ten minutes ago" Alex answers. "Good work. Keep me posted" Greg says as he and Eddie walk towards the lawyer and the woman, who were both getting checked out by the paramedics. "Copy that" Alex, Sam, and Jules all say in unison.

"Did you promise Helen Mitchell that she would get her children back no matter what it takes?" Greg asks as he looks towards the lawyer who looked back up at him.  "I tell my clients what they need to hear to build their confidence. But, I never make misleading promises" the lawyer admits. "And you didn't have any backup plan? Like facilitating an abduction along with her boyfriend?" Eddie questions. "And break the law, risk my career? There's plenty of times I'd like to; I got kids of my own" the lawyer says proudly as Greg looks over towards the woman. "What about you, Amanda. Do you have kids?" Greg asks curiously. "Yeah...?" she hesitates. "You're not sure?" Greg asks quickly, a little confused. "Y-Yes, I have three children" Amanda quickly says nervously. "Do, you hear that Boss? She's nervous about something" Alex asks as she listens in on the conversation while pulling up to the Royal York.

***

After getting the room number and key from the front desk, Alex, Sam, and Jules head upstairs with their guns ready. Alex looks at Sam and Jules making sure they were both ready before sliding the rooms key to open the door.

"Police! SRU, don't move!" they all yell as Jason sits right up from laying on the big bed. He then quickly runs towards his window and jumps out onto the roof, followed by Alex and he climbs up the ladder towards the top. "Stop!" Alex screams as Jason runs as quickly as he can towards the ledge but Alex jumps and tackles him to the pebble covered rooftop as Sam and Jules finish climbing the ladder.

"Where are they?" Alex asks viciously as she grabs Jason's arms and handcuffs them behind his back. "Where are Helen's kids!" "I swear I don't know!" Jason screams. "Your lying" Alex states as Sam lifts Jason off of the ground to stand up. "I'm telling you, I haven't seen those kids in weeks" Jason argues and Alex takes a step towards him, causing him to back into Sam who pushes him slightly forward. "Jason, the school has video surveillance. You were caught on tape two hours ago with the children" Alex reminds him. "I wanna speak to a lawyer" Jason then says quietly. "No, you wanna speak to us. Okay, this is kidnapping and you have a record" Alex argues. "If we don't find those kids, things won't look too good for you" Jules then adds as she looks at Jason. "Boss, we've got Jason Wallace. No kids at the hotel and this guy is not talking" Sam advises. "Keep trying guys. Alex, I need you to step away and listen in on this" Greg's voice say through the headset. "Copy that" Alex says looking over at Sam and Jules as she takes a few steps away.

"So two girls, a boy. They live with you?" Greg asks, but the Amanda doesn't answer. "Nope, that is a no" Alex quickly says. "They live with their father?" Greg then says but Spike interrupts. "Boss, I just got off the phone with the uniform we sent to the kids' school to take Helen home?" Spike begins. "Yeah, Spike?" Alex questions, wanting to hear more. "She was gone when they got there, and she's not at her house either" Spike continues. "Great!" Alex snaps annoyed.

"So, Helen isn't at the school, she isn't at home. This is interesting. Where would she go next?" Greg asks looking over at Eddie. "She's got an older sister, Colleen. I got her address" Spike informs. "Copy that. Leah, I want you to go to the house, see what the sister knows" Greg demands. "Copy that" Leah answers and runs towards one of the SUV's. "Amanda, anything we should know here?" Eddie asks, looking back at her as she continues to sit on the back of the ambulance. 

Alex then walks back towards Jason and looks towards him. "So, why're you being so loyal to an ex-girlfriend?" She asks and Jason looks towards the ground. "What do you mean?" asks confused. "Well, she said that you guys broke up two days ago" Alex admits as she stops in front of him and crosses her arms. "No that's not true" Jason says almost quietly. "Apparently, she was willing to leave you if it meant she could hang on to the kids" Sam then adds looking over at Alex who smiles. "Where'd you get that?" Jason asks looking over at him with wide shocked eyes. "According to Donald" Sam answers and Jason shakes his head with a small smile. "Yeah, he wishes" Jason mumbles. "Yeah well, when Helen saw the surveillance tapes, she freaked and she made you out to be a dangerous angry guy who would take it out on those kids" Jules explains loudly. "She said what she had to say" Jason says. "Why would she lie?" Sam asks confused. "Because she loves those kids. She needed time" Jason admits. "Time for what?" Alex then questions as she takes a small step towards him, causing him to look up at her. 

***

"How long you been working custody cases, Amanda?" Greg asks. "A long time. Eighteen years" Amanda says quietly. "Must feel good when you win" Eddie mentions looking at her with a serious look. "What feels good, is working out a settlement. Letting both parents see the kids. Mr. Westfall always tries to do that" Amanda explains. "But that didn't happen this time" Eddie says calmly, trying not to make her scared. "Donald was so bitter and angry, he just wouldn't listen to reason" Amanda grumbles. "How even-keeled was Helen?" Greg then asks curiously watching as Amanda looks down at her hands.  "She adored those kids. Every mother loves her kids, but they were everything. She gave up everything for them. She raised them practically alone. Every minute of hers, was theirs. It just wasn't fair" Amanda explained quickly as she began to feel emotion towards the concept. "It hurts to lose doesn't it?" Greg asks bluntly, causing Amanda to stop talking and look up at him. "I have a question to ask you. As you know, things will go a lot better for you if you tell me the truth" Greg continues.

***

"She deserves better than to be a housekeeper for some guy who comes home late every night,expecting dinner on the table. He wouldn't even talk to her" Jason explains. "Okay, let's stick to the point Jason, we're not here because you had affair" Alex snaps. "She loves to go dancing. She deserves just be able to kick back and enjoy something for once" Jason continues but Alex quickly stops him. "We get it, you love her. But do you really want to go to jail for this? Because that's what will happen if we do not find those children" Alex states loudly. "I dropped them off with her sister. Helen didn't want the kids at her house in case Donald came there" Jason finally admits as he looks at the ground unimpressed as Alex turns away from him.

"Boss, confirming that the children were dropped off at the sister's" Alex then says into the headset. "Thanks, Alex" Greg's voice says cheerfully.

"You knew things weren't gonna go her way, so you helped her with plan B" Eddie states as he walks towards Amanda and sighs, but she stays quiet. "Amanda?" Greg then warns as she looks down to the ground and hears her take a deep breath. "I helped her forge a letter of parental consent. You need one to cross the border. I used signatures from Donald. She deserved them....She deserved them" Amanda admits as tears fall from her eyes. "I didn't say she didn't" Greg sighs.

***

"Colleen Lester?" Leah questions as a woman answers the door she just knocked on. The woman nods her head and Leah smiles. "I'm Leah Kerns, SRU. I'm looking for your sister Helen" "Is something wrong?" Colleen asks confused. "Her children are missing" Leah advises. "Well that's impossible. They were with me. She just picked them up. You just missed her" Colleen mentions as Leah turns and runs back out of the apartment building.

"Helen and the kids just left, they can't be far" Leah yells through the headset as she runs through the main front door. She notices a red jeep come driving quickly out from the underground parking and she spots the two kids in the back seat. "I see her and she's got the kids. She's travelling North to Spadina. Alpha, two, Julia, Leema, two seventy one. I'm in pursuit" Leah then says. "Copy that, Leah. We are on our way" Alex shouts back as she hands Jason off to an Officer. But, before she could run towards the car Jason yells for her to stop.

"If you find Helen don't hurt her, please" Jason begs as Alex turns around and looks at him. "Why would we hurt her?" Alex questions confused. "There's a gun in the car" Jason then admits and Alex rolls her eyes annoyed and turns to walk away from him. "Awesome!" She shouts as she sits in the driver's seat of her SUV and Sam and Jules climb back in. "Did you copy that Boss?" Alex asks through the headset as she speeds away from the Royal York hotel. "I copied, Alex. Keep a distance, try not to provoke her" Greg demands as him, Wordy, and Eddie all run towards the SUV's. "Let's move!" Eddie shouts.

"Don't...Take me with you! I want to make sure they're all right" Donald yells as he stands with an Officer near the Police Car. "It's a little to late in the game for that, Donald" Eddie states out of breath and turns around to see Wordy climbing into the Command Truck drivers seat and Greg staring back at him and Eddie sighs as he knows the look. "Oh, Boss, come on, you're not gonna take him?" Eddie questions concerned and a little shocked. "Stressful situation for the kids. It might be good to have the other parent there. Come on, if it was your boy, What would you want?" Greg asks. "You talking about my boy, or your boy?" Eddie asks annoyed and then quickly turns around and runs towards the Officer. "Follow us" he demands and the Officer nods in agreement and then Eddie walks around to get in the driver's seat of the SUV.

***

"Still following. Looks like she's heading out of town" Leah's voice announces through the headset. "We're right behind you, Leah" Sam says as Alex tries to keep the SUV a fair distance away from Leah's in front of them. "We are right behind you" Greg then states and Alex looks in the rearview mirror to see her dad and Eddie behind her. "Keep trying the phone Boss. Hopefully she will pick up once she gets annoyed with it" Alex snickers. "Hopefully" Greg sighs as the ringing of the phone can be heard through the headset. "She's still not picking up" Greg then says. "Alright, We gotta make a move" Eddie then advises and Alex looks quickly over at Sam in the passenger seat and then back out the front window.

"What are you thinking?" she then asks. "There are kids on board, we gotta take it easy. We can't use road spikes, we can't ram em" Eddie begins to say as Alex comes up with an idea. "We gotta do a rolling roadblock" Alex then states and the headset goes quiet for a couple seconds. "Alex, she's got a weapon In the car. She's driving under stress, she's agile. We start crowding her-" Greg explains but Alex quickly cuts him off. "She's not talking, Boss. It's time to make a move" she demands. "Spike! The make of car, any chance she's got one of those onboard emergency communications Systems?" Greg's voice asks, completely ignoring Alex. "Checking...Checking....Do I get to say Bingo?" Spike questions as him and Wordy follow behind all of us at a distance in the Command Truck. "Only if it's a yes" Greg smiles.

After a few seconds Spike finally speaks. "Bingo" he shouts excitedly.  "Awesome. Let's make this happen" Greg says as Spike types quickly on his laptop making it possible for us to talk through the car speakers. "Helen Mitchell? Hi, my name's Greg Parker. I was trying to reach you on your cell. Can you hear me Alright?" Greg speaks calmly through the headset as we all wait for an answer, but no one speaks. "Hi, Liam. Hi, Alice. You guys doing okay?" Greg then questions. "We're fine....They're fine" Helen's voice finally says annoyed as Sam taps Alex on the arm making her turn around and see a text message from her dad. Get Alex to take over

Alex nods and takes a breath. "Hey guys. My name is Alex Parker" Alex begins and hears an excited little boy's voice. "You have the same last name as the other voice" Liam says and Alex snickers. "I do, that was my dad. It's kind funny, huh? A voice coming out of the car. It's actually a security feature in case people need help, and i'm a Police Officer" Alex explains and then hears and excited little girl's voice gasp. "We're going to Ireland!" Alice announces excitedly. "You are? No way! It's so beautiful there...So beautiful. Helen, do you think you can pull over so we can talk a little more?" Alex then asks. "No. Leave us alone!" Helen warns as she starts to speed quickly down the street. "Helen...Helen, I'm just thinking of everybody's safety here. You think you can slow it down?" Alex asks as she steps on the gas pedal seeing Sam reach out in front of him to hold onto the dash. "Mommy, i'm scared" Liam's voice cries in the background of the audio from the car. "Alright, Alex, let's go for the rolling roadblock" Gregs voice says. "Copy that" Alex says.

"Okay, I'll get the front, Leah you get beside her, and Eddie you take the rear" Alex explains as she checks the lane beside her before stepping on the gas pedal to pass Leah. "Copy that" Leah and Eddie both say as Alex begins to approach Helen's vehicle. "Uniforms are now diverting traffic" Spike advises as Alex is now side by side with Helen and notices her looking over at her scared. "Copy" Alex says now speeding to now drive in front of Helen.

"Helen, it's Greg again. I just want you to know what we're doing so you guys aren't worried, alright? Everything's okay. These cars are just gonna help you slow down safely. Nobody's in trouble" Greg explains as Leah now keeps up speed to stay right beside Helen in the opposite lane and as Eddie closes in behind her. "Alex, I'm closing on fifteen feet. Start decelerating" Eddie's voice says as she slowly applies pressure onto the break. "It's okay" Greg continues to say making sure the kids don't get to scared. "Let's tighten it up....Decelerate" Eddie then says as everyone begins to slow down before coming to a complete stop.

Alex hops out of the SUV as more Police Cars with sirens and lights come speeding passed in front of her. "Hey Helen" Greg's voice says as everyone else gets out of their cars and slowly walks around to look at Helen getting the kids out of her car snd holding them close to her. "Stay away from us" Helen screams. "Lower your weapons! Now!" Alex screams as she looks around at all the officers holding up their guns, scaring the children.

"Eddie you be my backup" Alex whispers through the headset and looks towards him to see him nod his head as all the other Officers lower their guns slowly. "Hi, Liam. Hi, Alice. How are you guys? I'm the girl who was talking to your mom in the car earlier" Alex begins to say as she walks closer towards Helen and the kids, watching Helen gently push the kids back, looking afraid. "Alex?" Alice questions curiously and Alex smiles. "That's right" Alex nods. "Mommy, she's a Police Officer" Liam says amazed before noticing the gun in his mom's hand. 

"Alex, you need a shield" Spike warns, and Alex ignore him. "Mommy, what are doing? Why do you have a gun?" Liam's voice questions as Alex closes the back drivers side door to Helen's vehicle making it easier for her to walk through. "Alex wait for the shield" Eddie warns but Alex ignores him also, as Helen continues to back up away from her. 

"She thinks the system's against her, Ed. She needs to see some trust, and I know you got my back" Alex says as she turns around to look at Eddie and her father standing behind the SUV. "Alex" Eddie then warns again. "I'm good Eddie. I got this" Alex says as she turns back around. "That gun comes up I'll have to take the shot" Eddie then says and Alex closes her eyes and takes a deep breath taking a few smaller steps closer. "Helen, Look at me...Helen. Look at me! I'm gonna put this down, okay? So we can talk" Alex states as she holds her gun up to show them and slowly places it on the ground in front of her feet. "Alex, you don't want to do that" Jules warns, and Alex knew it was for a completely different reason. "Think you could do the same for me?" Alex questions looking towards her. "No!" Helen then shouts as tears build up in her eyes. 

"What does she think she's gonna do?" Leah asks curiously. "She's not thinking, that's the problem" Eddie answers quickly. "How do you reach a person who's gone primal mother-bear?" Wordy then questions and looks towards Eddie. "Through her cubs" Jules says.

"Hey, guys. I know your mom loves you more than anything you know how I know that?" Alex asks as she looks down towards Liam and Alice and see them looking up at her, scared. "Because of everything she's done today. She's a smart lady. I bet, she's taught you to never talk to strangers" Alex smiles as she walks to stand in front of Leah who was holding a gun towards Helen. She then hears Eddie run around the SUV and switch with Leah but Alex continues to stand there.

"You're not a stranger, you're the Police!" Alice says as she hugs her mother's leg. "Yeah, that's right, I am" Alex snickers. "Just let us go. Let us through" Helen screams looking at Alex with scared eyes. "I could do that, I guess. I'm not really sure where things go after that though. So, you probably won't get through the border. Even with those documents that Amanda made for you" Alex explains as Helen begins to look around frantically. "The airport then" Helen says but Alex looks down at the kids and smiles. "Your mom's told you a lot about Ireland, huh? I've been there once. You know what they say about Ireland?...It's true, It's really, really green. And your mom wants to take you there because she wants you guys to be able to stay together...Right?" Alex questions looking back up at Helen. "They need me!" Helen cries. "I know. But let's say you guys got on that plane today. You'll never be able to come back. You know that, right?" Alex then says and spots the reaction that she was hoping for. She notices Liam look up at his mother confused. "Mom, what about daddy?" Liam asks curiously. "It's not right. He lied to them. He told them I was malicious, unfit, irresponsible!" Helen screams, holding the gun a little higher in the air. "You sure it wasn't just his lawyer doing his job? I mean the way he talks about you. I'm not convinced he believed it himself" Alex begins and Helen lowers the gun. "But then why-" she starts to say but Alex cuts her off. "Cause he love you!" Alex yells. "And when he lost you, he got angry and he felt helpless. And no one wants to feel that way, no one wants to have their kids taken away from them. People go to extremes for something they love...Right, Helen?" Alex then asks as she notices Helen getting emotionally and slowly deescalating.

"Eddie, let's get the dad out" Alex then says quietly through the headset. "Let them see him, I hear you" Eddie agrees as Alex hears footsteps running towards a Police Car, behind her. "It's okay, kids. It's alright, no one's gonna hurt you. No one's gonna hurt your mom. It's gonna be okay" Alex advises as a car door is open, and Alex notices the kids smile. "Daddy!" Liam shouts, followed by Alice afterwards as they let go of their mom and start to run towards Donald. "No! Wait!" Helen screams panicked as she holds the gun back up slightly.

"Helen, listen to me. You haven't hurt anyone. You haven't threatened anyone, and that's good. It means you will be with your kids again sooner, rather than later. But, if you raise that gun right now, everything changes. So, please...Please, just put the gun down" Alex begs as Helen holds the gun with both hands looking at Alex furiously. "Don't you dare. Don't make me go there" Sam's voice whispers into the headset as Helen looks towards Donald and the kids.

"Donald? What happened? What've you done?" Helen questions, noticing the handcuffs around his wrists. "I thought I was loosing the kids...losing you" Donald admits and Helen lets more tears fall from her eyes. "What have we done?" Helen begins to cry and Alex moves closer towards her taking the gun from her hands. "Thank you Helen. It's okay" Alex whispers as Helen then turns around and runs towards her kids with Donald coming from the opposite side.

Alex throws her hand up in the air signalling for all guns to go down for real this time and looks around as she spots Sam lowering his gun and nodding his head. Alex nods once and smiles towards him and Jules. The team walks towards Alex and Greg places his hand on her shoulder as they watch the family that was once torn apart now sharing tears and hugs.

"Great job, like always kiddo" Greg says as he places a soft kiss on her cheek. "Thanks dad" Alex smiles.

The whole team then looks at Donald who was now being escorted towards the Police Car he was once in and see him look towards them and smile before nodding his head, as if saying thanks. They all smile and nod their heads back as he sits down in the car.

***

"That's great. Thank you" Greg sighs as he gets off the phone while leaning against the SUV with Eddie beside him. "They'll be able to stay with her sister, Colleen" Greg advises with a small smile. "When kids are involved, it's hard to see straight. It affects your judgment" Eddie says. "Yeah. I hope like hell they get a second chance" Greg admits quietly watching Helen get handcuffed and the kids get put into a different Police Car together. "I'm talking about you here, Greg" Eddie argues calmly as Greg looks at him confused. "What're you saying?" Greg asks confused. "All day you have been thinking about your son, when your daughter was out there risking her life to prove herself to you. You're usually the one that tells me to watch your back, this is me watching you back" Eddie snaps and then walks away to join the rest of the team.

***

"Alex are you okay?" Jules questions from outside the bathroom door as she paces back and forth in the living room of Greg and Alex's apartment. Luckily Greg was out for a bit and now was the perfect time to figure things out.  "Yeah I'm fine. I'll be out soon" Alex yells back, as a knock is heard from the front door. "Can you get that please? I'm kinda busy here" Alex continues and Jules laughs. "Of course!" she says as she opens the front door shocked. "Spike!" she panics looking back towards the bathroom door. 

"Hey, Jules. I didn't know you were here. Is Alex here?" he asks as the bathroom door opens, making Jules's stomach drop. "Jules! Great news! I'm not pregnant!" Alex cheers relieved as she looks down at the test in her hand before she looks up and gasps shocked, noticing Spike looking at her just as shocked.

"Pregnant?" he questions.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter took SO long guys. It felt really long and it goes everywhere so I really hope you guys don't get confused or lost. I tried really hard to keep up with eveything that was going on. 

Remeber to comment, share and vote! Thanks for continuing to read this book ❤️ 

Angela_Tillson

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.2K 24
Lillian Carson is transferred to Team One shortly after Lews death. They get along great, all the while Lillians developing feelings for a certain bo...
13.8K 156 8
Alexandria Parker, also known as Alex is the daughter of Sergeant Greg Parker of the SRU. The Strategic Response Unit (SRU), is a Canadian metropolit...
22.6K 1.2K 36
Alice "Ali" Baker had it all. She had an amazing loving family, a big brother to follow everywhere, and a neighbor who made her heart burst from desi...
1.2K 43 19
Alexander and I turn to each other, confused, and worried to have to leave each other. We didn't want the happiness to end, to be over. We wanted mor...