Right infront of her

By alleyrocks

Struggling Author Trisha Edwards AKA Red, is what I like to call an "Upgrader." Trisha has a soft spot for gu... More

Therapeutic Brownies
Resistance
Best Day Ever
My Brother Tree
My publishers son
Annoyance
I like the Bartender
My Restaurant
Just Her Luck
Book Week

Breaking and Entering

293 3 2
By alleyrocks

Chapter 1 Breaking and Entering

"SHIT!" I spoke out loud realizing that I had overslept!

No I wasn't late for work, or school, or anything for me to be this spazzed about.

I'm spazzing about the mediocre love of my life.

I have to get him from work.

I got up off the couch removing the bag of lays off my stomach & turning off my old TV and immediately tripped over Layla, my pug.

"Layla" I grunted into the floor.

She looked up at me w/ those big dark pleading eyes. I sighed.

"I will feed you as soon as I get back." I said getting up, slipping on my white flip flops that were conveniently right by the couch where I left them.

I have no time to change. My dingy white hanes T-shirt and pajama bottoms will just have to work for me.

I walked over to my table and grabbed my keys to my 2005 hot red Chevy Trailblazer, My iphone and left the house.

I got in the car and checked my mirrors

Red is my favorite color.

My car is red, My hair is bottle bright red, and my lips...should be red. I need to fix that.

I looked in my glove box and pulled out a handy tube of covergirl lip perfection color seduce 307...

I know my logic is fucked up.

My hair is shitty, breath is shitty, outfit is shitty but might as well put on my shitty favorite lipstick...that'll make it better.

In my mind that actually makes sense.

But I can focus on my stupid ways later I have to pick up my babe.

Tucking my birds nest of hair behind my ear and putting on my shades I started the car and headed for Eddies job.

Eddie is my man.

We've been together almost nine months. I knew he was the one when he applied for a job where I work. Walgreen's. My Boss didn't hire him though. We werent looking for new employees at the time and me being me, I helped him get a job, moved him into my home, I took him everywhere he needed to go free of charge all around... eventually he found a good job about 20 minutes away from my home.. getting paid about 9$ an hour just answering phones. I bought all his work clothes and shoes, and drop him off and pick him up everday.

I know he appreciates me more than he lets off but people don't understand me when I say I know Ed, and how he is.

People say he's "no good", "not for me", and "I can do better" but I just dont see it. We are supposed to be in love.

Eddie is my eternal love.

His dirty blonde locks, green eyes chubby stature he's perfect.

He could be less hairy, Snore less, pay attention to me more, be more understanding, kiss better, stop smoking and be more romantic but I have my flaws too I'm sure.

Nobody's perfect.

Meanwhile, as I sped down the highway I made it to Eddie's job in about 15 minutes. I parked in my usual spot and honked.

I expected him to be waiting for me already, I didn't expect to be waiting for 35 minutes.

He must be getting a little overtime.

It's okay I don't have work today.

Usually when I pick him up for work he'd drive me to work and pick me up when I'm done.

I pulled out my phone preparing to play candy crush as I waited, when I noticed a text.

My Baby Ed:

Hey, No need to pick me up from work anymore pick me up from my coworker brian's house instead. Thanks Red ;)

I took a deep breath and relaxed.

It's okay, it's my fault I didn't look at my phone. I just wished he would have called.

As if on que my phone starting ringing

My Baby Ed

I answered.

"Where the fuck are you Trisha? Your always late! You know how bad I look? I don't see why I cant just keep the fucking car." He spat at me.

Feeling offended I responded, as I started the car and headed towards Brian's house. "Hey, Brian has a car right? He takes you to his house from work so you guys can play 2k14 but he cant take you home ever huh? You always rely on me!" I argued.

"OH so NOW I rely on you Trisha? I don't need you."

He doesn't mean that.

"Well maybe if you didnt sleep over Brians house after you guys went "out" last night you could have took the car to work today." I told.

" I should have been able to take the car out yesterday too, Brian wastes a lot of gas on me!" He yelled. " You know what, where even was 'out" yesterday? You still haven't told me, your not taking my car anywhere I don't know!"

"I'm a 24 year old man Trisha I'm older than you, I don't have to answer to you!" He yelled as I was turning into Brian's neighborhood.

"You have to answer to your fucking GIRLFRIEND whom you live with, WHO loves you, Washes your dirty draws, AND WASTES half a PAYCHECK on GAS ALONE, Keeps you fed, Cuts your hair, Feeds YOUR DOG-" I started rambling.

"Trisha you just passed her house." He said interrupting me.

I made a deep U-turn and hung up the phone.

Pulling up to the ranch style home that's small but still bigger than my one bedroom home I have that's basically a box with a kitchen inside a living room, a table inside a living room and a bedroom and bathroom.

My house is nicer, pretty new built in 2007 bought in 2011 but it's so small.

Eddie came out of Brians house and got in the car.

That's when I started to trip off what he said over the phone.

"Trisha you just passed her house"

Her House

He got in mad not saying a word, I pulled off and headed to my house.

"So who's house is that?" I asked.

He looked at me like I was dumb.

"You know that's Brian's house." He spat glancing quickly to the left.

Which is a sure sign that he is lying.

"Where is Brian's car."

"The car Brian Usually has he shares with his little brother Billy... Billy always takes the car to college. Since you must know."

I hit a quick U-turn.

A tear slipped from my eye.

I'm so stupid.

He's always at Brian's house.

Brian is not suppose to be a her.

Who the fuck is HER!

"What are you doing!" Eddie yelled.

"Why did you turn? Why are you crying your crazy! your a crazy bitch you know that?" He said to me.

"WHO THE FUCK IS HER!" I yelled headed back to her house.

"What are you talking about?" He said slower than normal.

"I'm so stupid." I said as I pulled up into the driveway.

"Get out." I growled.

"Wha- I- Who-?" He tried.

"GET OUT!" I yelled.

He hurried and got out.

I got out next locking the doors to my car.

I walked to the front door of the house.

"Red look I can explain!" I heard Brian after me.

I opened the door and entered slamming the door in Eddies face.

I'm officially Breaking and Entering.

Can't go back now. If I'm gonna get arrested I might as well make a story out of it.

"Eddie? Did you forget something other than my goodbye kiss?" A woman's voice said.

She KNOWS I'M HIS GIRLFRIEND.

It's not like he was playing us both.

she knew he had a girlfriend.

I pick him up from this house all the time.

I started to cry.

I always give so much in a relationship just to get played.

"Trisha, Red! STOP!" I heard Eddie.

I bust into a bedroom and there the girl was.

"Brian huh?!" I yelled the name Eddie has been calling her this whole time.

On the wall was a calendar entitled "Briauna's Calendar"

I started to sob.

They both just watched me.

Briauna was Half naked, with a jelly roll stomach and short choppy black hair.

HE CHEATS ON ME WITH A DOWNGRADE?!

Eddie tried to grab my arm I slapped his hand away.

"DON'T EVER TOUCH ME!" I said pushing him.

I looked at Briauna.

"Why? You knew he was with me.... in love with me? Why?"I questioned,

She laughed.

"In LOVE? With me yes with you no. Eddie was going to leave you for me anyway he's just been waiting for you to break up with him!" She said

I turned to Eddie.

"Why wait for me to end things?" I asked him voice hoarse from crying.

"Briauna Stop! Trisha I-" He tried.

"Is she telling the truth?" I Asked.

He hesitated.

"A really mean one, Trish I-" He tried I cut him off again.

"So WHY? WHY? Didn't you break up with me?" I asked through sobs.

"He was USING. you. Free gas, food, he had way more money to spend on me and our real house, and our BABY on the way." Briauna spoke.

My stomach started to hurt.

"Baby?!" Me and Eddie said in unison.

This must be a shock to him too.

"YES I'm pregnant." She said.

My tears stopped.

I just stared at her smug smile & Eddies look of shock....

I stood up straight and started to laugh.

I was in hysterics.

"Now that's just as pathetic and stupid as me." I gave a smile.

They were just staring at the crazy lady smiling and crying at the same time.

I looked at Eddie.

"Have fun as a Dad Ed, I never want to see you again stay here with your baby mama. Figure out a way to work, I'll drop off your clothes which isn't much clothes considering I bought most of it tomorrow. Have a shitty life with your shitty kid." I said calmly and walked out.

" Well fuck you too Bitch!" I heard Briauna.

Eddie didn't say a word.

I walked outside got back in my car and drove away from yet another man I thought was my ETERNAL love who was just using me to cheat with another woman.

I wept as I drove to my best friend's home.

Darla tells me I need help, I always go for the guys who are shitty have nothing going for themselves and I make them something of themselves and upgrade their lives. Darla says I should just become a life coach and date a cute guy with a life. Cute guys with lives don't like me though! Cute guys with lives comes with WIVES. Darla my best friend with 2 kids and a high school sweetheart husband doesn't get that!

I pulled up to her home & knocked on the door.

Darla's 4 year old son answered the door and said "Mamma Auntie Red's at the door and she's crying!" He yelled.

I was so embarrassed I thought I wiped my tears.

Darla came to the door with a smug but sad look on her face.

"Still trying to upgrade guys huh?" She said.

I rolled my eyes and started to cry more as I walked in.

She is ALWAYS right!

vote comment and fan :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 1K 2
Finally aku beranjak ke short story ke dua yang berarti short story yang pertama udah tutup buku hehe. (sampul aku bikin by Canva)
1.9M 41K 25
I beg to differ that.", I sassed and got out of his grip ready to move out of the room when he pulled me by my elbow and the next second I was pushed...
2.9M 109K 54
'You didn't answer my question,' he asked, holding her gaze in his hypnotic ones. 'Wh... what question?' She was surprised at her own voice, it sound...
1.4M 38.8K 48
The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died giving birth to her. Being neglected and...