Rejected for being a nerd

By superrrgirI

~~~~ nəːd/ noun a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious. Rude, right... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 18

37.3K 898 185
By superrrgirI

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

Finally, my heat had passed and I was allowed out of the cell. It was extremely boring in the cell as I could only talk to mated males or females and none of the men I had met were mated and the only female that visited was Rosy. I creased at the thought. I needed to make some new friends in this pack, I was pretty lonely.

I snap back to what I'm doing, walking out of the kitchen with Callum as we had attempted to make pancakes. Both of us were horrible at making them and we only ended up making randomly shaped pancakes, if you could call them that.

I held onto the plate of pancakes, following Callum to the game room. It was beginning to become my new hangout space. It was really the only place I could feel comfortable except my room, the kitchen and Zander's room which was unnerving... should I really feel comfortable in a man's room who isn't my mate?

I quickly rid myself of the doubts as I remembered my so called mate rejected me for a reason that is beyond my comprehension.

When we enter, I look around noticing Cole is already sitting on the couch with Tommy playing a game on the PS4. They both look up and they pause their game.

"Hey guys we wanted to play, so do you mind if you go off your game and maybe you can play pool?" Callum asks and plops down on the couch next to Tommy. Tommy looks between the two of us, letting out a frustrated huff. I could already tell he wasn't going to be letting go of that controller anytime soon. I smile at Tommy in hopes he'll change his mind but he purses his lips, looking away. Ouch.

I glance at Cole to see him giving me a lopsided grin, his eyes settled on mine with an intensity that made me nervous. I awkwardly threw him a small smile, turning back to Tommy and Callum.

Tommy grunts, his eyebrows downcast as if he was so disturbed by us asking to play. "Nah man, I'm playing." His tone showing he wasn't budging. Just great.

Callum rolls his eyes dramatically and looks at me, opening his mouth to talk, I cut him off by waving my hand while holding the plate of pancakes. "Yeah, don't worry! You can play I'll just watch and eat these pieces of pancakes." I reassure them. Callum's lips curl up into a smirk as he looks at the mess he and I made together.

"I'll play pool with Jessica." Cole finalises and stands up, passing the controller to Callum who takes it with a grin on his face.

Uh, what?

I look back at Callum, my eyes pleading with him to stop Cole but he just shrugs and turns towards Tommy who was changing the game. Great.

I walk over to the pool table with Cole and  I stand to the side while he begins to set the table. I nibble on the pancakes, cringing while doing so at the gooeyness I was tasting. This was not cooked properly. I place the plate down while carefully and discreetly spitting out the bits in my mouth.

Once I look up, I look to Cole whose eyes were already on me. So not creepy. I look away, walking forward to pick up one of the cue sticks and Cole follows after me doing the same. He professionally uses the chalk at the top of his cue and passes it to me. I had no idea on what it did so I just copied him and used it.

"You wanna break or shall I?" Cole asks and I reply with, "Sure, I wanna try." He removes the triangle rack and places it on the side. I place the cue stick in between my fingers and squint one eye and aim to hit the white ball. When I try to do it, the white ball lifts and comes off the pool table. Cole roars with laughter and I quickly pick up the noisy ball and place it on the table.

"Wha-what was... haha... that?!" He continues laughing at me and Callum and Tommy tell him to be quiet. Cole finally quiets down and smirks at me.

"Do you even know how to play?" I look away from him and he chuckles.

"Come on." He calls me and I pout at him and walk to him. He shows me the ropes and he breaks this time and a few balls go in. Cole continues to get more and more balls in until it was only the eighth ball and my striped balls left.

"This is so unfair." I stamp my foot and he laughs at me. "Go ahead then." I pick up my cue and aim for one of my striped balls. Before I could shoot, he tuts at me.

"Your structure is all wrong, Jessica. Let me show you." Cole walks to me and tells me to bend over. I bend slightly a bit awkward with the position. Cole was standing over me and I could feel his hot breath fan across my neck and I shiver uncomfortably. Why was he always so close with me?

"More." His whispers into my ear and I bend further. "Now, let's fix the way you hold your cue stick." He presses his chest against my back and pushes his front against my backside. I bite my lip and say nothing. This was normal right... he was just showing me the ropes? He wasn't intentionally rubbing his groin into my ass... or was he?

"Guys! Stop having sex over there!" Callum yells and I blush and push Cole away. Okay, maybe he was trying to rub me. Was this sexual harassment? Well I didn't stop him, but still.

"We weren't!" I whine and Cole chuckles, his dimples cutely popping out. What I would do for a pair of dimples.

Cole suddenly grabs my hand and begins to pull me across the room. A surprised noise leaves my mouth. What was with this guy?

I see Callum look up from where he's playing his game and curiously ask, "Where are you going?" Cole ignores him and I allow him to pull me to wherever he was taking me. Why I let him? I had no idea.

"Hey! I asked you- why did you start without me? You cheater!" Callum shouts and Tommy laughs at him. Once we're out of the game room, Cole stops and turns to me with a smirk on his face.

"I'm taking you out." My eyebrows must've said hello my hairline as I was that surprised at what he said. In this day and age, was this the best way to ask a girl out?

"Yeah? And who says I wanna go with you?" He rolls his eyes, irritation clear in his eyes and I send him a glare at his lack of response. I was not liking his vibe...

His eyes lose any signs of irritation immediately and he holds his hands up in surrender and rephrases with a cheeky smile on his face, "Can I take you out? I wanna take you somewhere." Did I really want to let him take me out? I mean I barely know him. I guess I should live a little... a handsome guy was interested in me... I should be happier than I am.

I sigh and shake my head, would Zander let me go out with him? After what we did the other night, were we involved? Fuck, I'm getting ahead of myself, he probably doesn't even like me like that. "I don't think Za- Alpha will let me go." I mutter, feeling ashamed.

Cole scoffs, pursing his lip. "Why not? He let's everyone else go out so why can't you?" I could tell he didn't believe me so I shrug, not wanting to tell him all about how intimate Zander and I got.

"Probably 'cause I just joined the pack and I was just a rogue so he might be suspicious if I leave." I made that up on the spot and Cole regards me, his face not letting up if he believed me or not. Suddenly, I felt his fingers wrap around my wrist and I was being pulled down a corridor again.

What was this guy and tugging my wrist?

Cole pulls me towards a room I had never seen before. It had a mahogany door and I could feel the power radiating from inside it and I knew that Zander was inside.

I turn my head to Cole, confusion written all over my face, "What are we doing here?" I ask and take my wrist from his grasp, looking down to see faint finger marks painted on my skin. He's got a firm grip.

Cole thrusts his head to the side, indicating towards the door. "Ask him." Cole states and I shake my head stepping backwards a little.

"Why not?" The last time I had seen Zander is when he made me orgasm and I knew it would be so awkward. Or perhaps I would make it awkward. I didn't want to face him yet. I guess I was a wuss but I didn't care. How do you face someone who finger fucked you to ecstasy? That's right, you don't.

"I'm scared." I pout, my heart pounding against my chest, beating way too fast. Cole huffs, rolling his eyes while crossing his arms against his muscular chest and I could see a flash of irritation cross his handsome features.

Why the fuck was he always annoyed at me?

"Just ask so we can go!" He raises his voice a bit and I felt like I was being stubborn for no reason so I place my hand on the door nob and push the door open.

Here we go.

~~~~~~~
Zander's POV

I was busy doing pack work when I smelt Jessica's alluring scent waft through the door. It wasn't too strong but I was so intoxicated with the smell of her that I could detect it from miles away. I strain my ears to try to listen to what was going on outside the door and could only hear snippets of their conversation.

Whoever she was talking with wanted her to ask me if she could go out of the pack house somewhere. I chuckled at the thought. The answer is no. Even before she opened the door, the answer was no.

She looks at me devastated when I tell her she's not allowed and I hear the person outside curse. I almost laugh at her expression but the words that she utters next make my soft features harden immediately.

"But Cole just wants to show me something! I promise I won't do anything!" She begs, her eyes wide and pleading. Who was this... Cole? Sounds like a dick.

"No, that's my final answer." I pick up another piece of paper and expect her to have taken to leave but she continues to speak making my head throb. I watch her lips open and close with a desperate glint in her eyes. I was captivated. She was absolutely gorgeous- What am I thinking?! She was so annoying!

"...ease you won't even know I'm gone! He's taking me somewhere and we won't be long. We'll be quic-" I cut her off with a slam on the table. A couple of sheets fly to the floor and Jessica flinches. I try to hold my anger but a foreign emotion fills me. Jealousy. I was sad to admit that I was truly and utterly jealous. I wanted to be the one to take her out. I wanted to be the one to make her happy. I wanted her to myself.

"I SAID NO! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LISTEN! YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE THE PACK GROUNDS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!" I snarl at her and she whimpers. I feel guilt fill my body to the brim but I didn't have it in me to apologise. I shouldn't have to apologise to her.

Jessica soundlessly walks out and I sigh heavily and run a hand through my hair. I pull at the roots and curse myself out loud. Her scent of peaches still fills the room and oddly, the scent calms me down. She better not go against my word.

After finishing piles and piles of work, I finally leave my office in search of Jessica. We needed to talk about where she came from and what she knew of my past. I search for her for about ten minutes and don't find her. I furrow my eyebrows and go to her room.

I open the door and see that's she not there, her scent was lingering in the room but was so faint I knew she hadn't been here for a while. Where is this girl? I sigh heavily and retreat to my room.

I decide to mind link some of the guards to see if they saw anyone leave.

Have you seen anyone leave the pack grounds? I ask and I hear a round of no's.

Alpha, I saw a girl and a man leave but they said they were just going for a run. A guard says and I curse.

How long ago did they leave and what did they look like? I hiss and stand up from my bed.

About two hours ago and I couldn't see the man properly because he had a hood up but the woman had some blonde kind of hair. It was Jessica. She went against my word. I clench my jaw and massage my throbbing temples. That girl will be the death of me. She never listens.

Okay.

So they've been gone for two hours and I didn't realise. I shake my head and go downstairs. I stride towards the kitchen and see a few girls standing inside. When I enter, they all look up and I ignore them. I hear them whispering about me, but my mind was elsewhere, focused on a certain girl.

"He's so hot!" One of them says. I walk to the refrigerator and grab a beer bottle.

"I know right! I wish he was my mate." They sigh dreamily as I open the beer and take a swig. I feel their stares on the back of my head and I couldn't help but bask in their fascination of me. This was a major boost for my ego.

As I'm about to walk out, one of the girls call out to me. "Alpha!" I turn around slowly to see a brunette with short hair and a small face. Her lips were small and slightly chapped and she had huge doe eyes accompanied with short eyelashes. She had a uni brow starting to form which made me internally cringe. All in all, she didn't have a very pretty face. I scanned her and looked at her body which was so much more appealing.

I raise my eyebrows waiting for her to speak. She just winks at me and twirls some of her short locks in between her fingers. The action made me want to vomit. Her flirting skills were terrible, how could she do this in front of her friends with confidence. Embarrassing.

"You look kinda down, Alpha." The girl sticks her bottom lip out in a pout and continues, "I know some ways which will help..." She insinuates and I was about to shut her down when I remember Jessica left me to go with another guy. Why shouldn't I have some fun of my own.

She sways her hips sensually as she walks to me and places her hands on my chest. "Wow! You're ripped!" She mutters and I smirk at her.

"Follow me." I command her taking her to my room.

~~~~
"Out." I tell Robin. She rolls over and groans.

"You're so rough." Robin whines but doesn't get up. I felt the urge to push her off the bed as her voice was really ticking me off.

How does one go back in time and not sleep with another?

"Robin." I sigh and she opens her mouth to say something but I cut her off, "I don't care. It was fun while it lasted but now it's time for you to leave." She looks at me with her mouth open and quickly scrambles up and out of my bed. She redressed quickly and before she leaves, she hisses, "My name is not Robin! My name is-" I roll my eyes and interrupt her. "I don't give a shit about what your name is. Your name could be Lauren, Hailey, Danielle, Amy and I still wouldn't care!" She looks like she's about to cry but I didn't care one bit.

I'm really uncaring today aren't I? She rushes out of the room slamming the door shut. I sigh and stretch. I reach over and get the book 'Of Mice and Men' by John Steinbeck and open it to the page I was on.

My 'me' time was interrupted by a guard mind linking me. It was the same guard which had seen Jessica leave.

Alpha! I've spotted the pair again. Do you want me to stop them? He asks and I groan.

No, let me deal with it. I finalise and he says okay. I jump out of bed and throw on a shirt and some shorts. I stroll to Jessica's room and sit down on her bed in the dark. Just waiting.

About ten minutes later, I hear some tiptoeing outside of her room. I also smell her scent of peaches and almost smile at the scent. It smelt so luscious and divine that I wanted to bask in it all day.

Wait, what was I thinking? I shake the thoughts out of my mind.

The door handle shakes and I see a slender form make its way into the room. Jessica fumbles around for the lights and when they flicker on, she screams. She screams so loudly I'm sure someone at the other end of the pack house would hear it. Once she finishes screaming, I send her a smile saying 'you're in so much trouble'.

"Have a seat." I tap the bed next to me and she walks over reluctantly.

"We have a lot to discuss."

~~~~~~~
I'm sorry! Haven't updated in a while but I don't know why I didn't to be honest. However I'm so glad and over the moon that this book has reached 2k reads and nearly 100 votes!!!!! Wow!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEE! Lol!

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and don't forget to follow and vote and comment anything you like except mean comments!

Have a good day x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 12.2K 52
My Very First Book So Forgive me for any mistakes and messed up chapters ;p also the spelling mistakes, I'm editing this book slowly. Trailer: http:...
508K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...
5.7M 152K 31
Nerdy Filthy Fat Skye Hale has been bullied since she could remember, she was Fat and a Nerd making her the biggest loser in school. On her Sophomor...
387K 5K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 3 in "My Mate...." series Princeton SaintClair, eldest son of Lucas and Caleb SaintClair is your...