His Blue ✓

By MalibuGardner

Indie Jasper is a shy, unknown writer. Anson Fischart is the school's pretty boy. Indie is not popular by an... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
1| Class with the QB
2| Paradox
3| Breach of privacy
4| Blue
5| Lonesome swan
6| Don't do emotions
7| A man's pride
8| Not ashamed
9| Friday night lights
10| Drowsiness
11| Roofie
12| Crumble
13| Amends
14| You are different
15| Not the type
16| Movie date
17| Distrust
18| Seven minutes in heaven
19| Tears
20| Meet Dad
22| Fortune Cookie
23| Muse
24| Impressment
25| Wet
26| After kissing
27| Concession confession
28| Safeguarded
29| Forget
30| Placeholder
31| Partners
32| To those who wait
33| Rejection
34| Bluer
35| Avoidance
36| Locked in
37| Letterman jacket
38| Girls' night w/ Anson
39| Family
40| Panic! At the football game
41| Causes
42| Unexpected hug
43| Self-defense
44| Engagement
45| Champagne caresses
46| Explosion
47| Broken home
48| Want
49| Thanksgiving
50| Between the sheets
51| Intensive Care Unit
52| Shattered
53| Argument
54| A second time
55| Christmas gift
author's ending note
my other work

21| Knuckles

48.7K 1.6K 529
By MalibuGardner

"He did what?!"

I look at a wide-eyed Fern. Her mouth is hanging open and her eyes are wide.

Mine would be too, if she had been the one telling me what Kyle did Friday night.

"Indie!" She gasps. "Let me see it."

I sigh and pull down my turtleneck sweater to reveal the painful bluish hickey on my neck.

Fern gasps at the sight. "Oh Indie, I can't believe Kyle would do that! Why would he?"

I shrug. The truth is, I have thought much about the incident with Kyle and I. I concluded that yes, he is a horny bastard like Anson said. But more importantly, he was jealous of my seven minutes in Heaven with Anson.

I move down the lunch line with Fern. The cafeteria is crowded and I try to think through the noise.

Was forcing me to kiss him Kyle's retaliation? Would he have gone farther if Anson and Bryce hadn't come to my rescue?

I don't know.

"Indie, I think it goes without saying that you should stay away from parties from now on."

I nod. "Oh I know."

Fern shakes her head unhappily. "It sucks, too. I was really hoping Kyle would be the one for you."

In that case, I'm glad this happened just to prove you wrong.

I shrug. "I've been trying to avoid him." I say honestly. "So far its been easy, but we're bound to cross paths soon- maybe even today."

My stomach feels uneasy at the thought of that.

"Just make sure you aren't alone. He's not going to do anything in broad daylight."

"I know." I look at Fern and grab a tray like she has just done. "But Anson and Bryce beat him up. What if he wants revenge?"

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm paranoid after these past weeks.

"Indie, Anson and Bryce are capable of taking care of themselves. And like I said, just make sure you aren't alone for Kyle to do something."

She's right. I'm worrying too much.

I slowly pile food on my tray and follow after my best friend. She saw the hickey on my neck, but she didn't see the bruises on my wrists, or the imagine burned into my mind.

An image of Kyle over-powering me and doing what he pleased.

She has no idea what I felt in that moment. I have a right to be scared.

*****

On my way to seventh period, I find myself humming a jazz tune to myself.

The things my brain does to keep me occupied.

I didn't talk much to Anson this morning in first period, but we usually have most conversations in history. While fern sleeps...

I want to talk to him about Friday and Saturday, but it seems awkward to talk about something that happened outside of school, together.

I frown and push past a group of students crowding the hall. I sashay down the corridor and turn the corner, when I come face to face with my newest green-eyed enemy.

Kyle.

I want to hurl at the sight and the memory he brings.

He flashes a radiant smile- confusing me for a moment.

"Indie! Long time, no see."

I notice his eye still has a blue-black color to it, and his lip is cracked from being busted. Anson and Bryce can do some damage when they want to.

"Kyle." I try to be stern. "Get out of my way."

I slip past him, but he grabs my arm and pulls me back to him as I walk by. I wince as his fingers press against their own bruise marks on my arm.

No one around seems to notice as he pulls me back to him.

"Let go." I huff.

     Please let me out of this situation. I pray.

     I can feel myself shaking inside. I realize suddenly that he terrifies me.

"Not until we talk about what happened."

"There's nothing to talk about, Kyle." I spit. "You had your chance and ruined it. What you did was.." I search my vocabulary for the right words, "despicable."

Kyle smirks, filling me with hate and fear.

What does his sick smirk mean?

I feel like a feeble leaf, trembling in the wind as it threatens to blow me away.

"Indie, you confuse me."

I frown. How am I the confusing one?

   Unsuccessfully, I try to escape his grip on my arm.

"When you act innocent." He leans to my ear and whispers. "When you act like you don't want me."

     I try to increase the distance between myself to him.

     "When I know you do." He continues. "I know you want me, so why do you resist?"

My eyes widen as he pushes me against the wall.

     I do not want you!  I would rather die than be with a sick twisted guy like you!

"Get away!" I yell. Letting my instincts take over, I lean back and punch him in the face as hard as I can.

His hands peel away from me, as he stumbles away in surprise. My punch hardly fazes him, but it busts his lip again.

    A moment passes for Kyle to recover from the shock. I am paralyzed after I realize what I've done. He surely hates me now.

  I open my mouth to speak when suddenly hot, searing pain engulfs my fist. I look down in surprise at my freshly-busted knuckles.

Kyle wipes blood from his lip and smirks at me. "Never punched a guy before, have you?"

     My arm is heavy, and I feel tears well up inside. I blink them away.

     "Let me get to class, Kyle."

     He sneers at me and leans forward. "You just punched me in the face, bitch. You're gonna pay."

     Why oh why am I even here?

    "Please Kyle-" I say as he grips the collar of my shirt and pulls me closer to his face. I brace myself by squeezing my eyelids shut.

     "Hey!"

     A gruff voice from behind Kyle startles me.

     Anson, with his blue eyes blazing, pushes in between Kyle and me. He instantly recognizes Kyle's bloody lip and my bleeding knuckles.

     "Did you punch him?" He asks me in awe.

     I blush with regret. Anson turns and narrows his eyes at Kyle. "Why the hell would she have to do that?" His voice is menacing and he pushes Kyle away at the chest.

     Kyle sticks up his hands defensively. "I just wanted to apologize to her when she punched me!"

     "Obviously she wasn't wanting your apology, then."

     Kyle frowns at us and steps back. "You two better watch your back." He looks at Anson. "Getting me benched for the rest of the  football season, beating me up in my own home, and having your slut," he gestures to me, "lead me on and then punch me in the face."

     Anson got Kyle put on the bench during football? He took away Kyle's field time? Is that allowed?

     I frown.

    I guess quarterbacks get more power than I thought.

     Anson growls and shoves Kyle, "take it back. I swear to god I will-"

    I notice Anson's behavior is the same as when his father angered him. I know it's only a matter of time before he starts swinging at Kyle.

     "Just stop." I whisper to Anson, reaching my hand up to touch his shoulder. "Kyle's stupid and he's gonna plot revenge." Anson hesitates and I look at Kyle. "Go ahead." I shrug. "I've got a class to get to."

     With that. I turn and walk away quickly. Anson looks confused for a moment, but pushes Kyle to the wall and follows after me.

     I try to wipe my face so it doesn't look like I've been crying. No one else needs to know about this.

     Surprise surprise, and happy 2019!  I know it hasn't been a week since the last update, but what the heck? Why wait when I have so many chapters that I'm dying to publish?

    If you liked this chapter, vote and comment!

    Here are some questions for you all to think about and share your opinions:

     Were you surprised that Kyle acted in broad daylight and in public?

     What did you think about Indie's response to Kyle?

    I'll have to add that I really felt like indie needed to have that moment of instinct take over. Indie's not afraid to fight back- I'm glad I showed that in this chapter.

    Finally...

     Do you think there will be a time when Anson ISN'T around to save the day?

     Alright.. I'll see you Saturday in the next update. Love you guys!

     ~ Malibu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 960 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
4.8M 107K 45
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Haze De Luca is the scariest, heartless, most popular boy in the school. Every-time he sees he...
263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
3.1K 102 23
Arden Ines is a very average student. Arden's happy; she has great friends and an amazing life. One random day her twin brother, Adrian, tries out fo...