Broken Together

By underestimatedlove

Ash has been living her life with the best way she can. It wasn’t to hard being adopted and being hated by he... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter Five

1.5K 23 13
By underestimatedlove

"Katherine Ashely Force! What do you think you are doing home at 1:35!" My mom yells at me. I cringe at her using my full name. But why is she yelling at me. She works to 5 everyday, so why is she home? Great something is going on. So don't want to have to worry about something else. Why is my life turning upside down all of the sudden?

"I didn't feel welll, so I came home. What are you doing home?" I said.

"Why didnt the school call then?" She asked in a very loud voice. I love how she avoided my question. Why is she yelling at me though? She lets Faith skip all the time. Must be because I'm not really her daughter. Whoa! Where did that come from? Think rational, Ash, she isn't like that. I roll my eyes at her though. She is staring me down like I'm one of her cases. She works as an investagater for the military.

"Because I didn't go to the office and told them I was leaving. I left during lunch anyways." I explained. I can tell she is beyond mad at me. Great just what I freaking need right now!

"Funny, because your lunch is at 12:00 till 1:00. If you left during lunch the latest you should of been home is 1:10. Stop lieing to me! Tell me the truth, now! Tell me if you are sneaking around with a guy, Ash!"

Wow she thinks I was with a guy. I don't say anything because that is the truth. I just didn't tell her about my run in with Cole and Lilly. Thinking about Lilly just makes me madder.

"If you don't answer me, Katherine, I will ground you!" She exclaimed. Oh my gosh! She is going to ground me for not talking. Wow!

"Fine! Go to your room. Before you go give me your cell phone and laptop." My mom yelled. Who does she think she is? She can't take that stuff away! I bought it! Something came over me because I yelled to my mom something I would never say. "No! You aren't my mother! I'm not going to listen to you! I can come home and not have to explain myself!" I instantly see hurt on her face. My heart dropped at her face. The whole you aren't my mother thing probably hit her.

"I am your mother. I may have not gave birth to you, but you're my daughter. You will never again say I'm not. Do you understand me?" She said in a hursh whisper trying to hide the hurt in her voice. I don't know, but I just snapped. "The only thing saying you are my mother is a piece of paper. That doesn't mean I'm your daughter. My name isn't suppose to be Force; it's suppose to be Skye! I'm not your family. It's time you accept that like everyone else! Even dad has accepted it!" I yell.

"I've taken care of you since you were 2 months old. You will always be my daughter. I will never accept that you aren't. I love you!" My mom is now in tears. What is wrong with me? I would never say these things to my mom. I go over to her and hug her.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I will find out. I promise. I love you, mommy." I whisper. With that said I ran upstairs and got on my computer.

***************************************************************************************************************

"You have reached your destnation." My GPS said.I park infront of a beautiful 2-story manison. Glancing at my clock I see it's 2:54. Let's hope he's home. He should be. School ends at 2. I walk up to the door and knocked. About 2 minutes  of waiting the door opens. My jaw immeditally dropped. Here Cole was in dark wash jeans and no shirt. He leans against the door frame and crosses his arms. I watch his muscles flex as he does that. Cole clears his throat. Crap I was just caught checking him out again.

"Hey." I whisper, looking at my feet.

"Why are you whispering?" Cole asked. I look up at him and shrug my shoulders. There's a few moments of awkward silence.

"Why don't you come in." Cole says stepping back. I follow him up into his room, avoiding looking at anything but my feet. As soon as he closed his bedroom door I said, "What is wrong with me? I flipped on my mom for no reason. I never do that. Oh my gosh I told her she wasn't my mom and the-"

Cole cuts me off by saying, "Nothing is wrong with you. Your emotions are just heighten because your powers are starting to come in. This is completely normal for witches." I sit on his bed. So, I flipped because of my powers. I'm really starting to hate this. I glance over at Cole, but he's not there. Porbably got tired of me.

"I'm infront of you, sweetheart." Cole said. I whip my head around and came face to face to him. He was crouched down so he was level with me. I blushed at how close we are. Wait, I blushed. I never blush! Concentrate Ash!

"How do I stop it?" I ask him.

"You have to do two things. First, accept your sould mate. Then cast the spell." He explained. Wait did he say sould mate, again. Everytime he says that I just ignore it. I know not very smart of me. This witch stuff is really a pain in my butt.

"What do I need for the spell?"

Cole put a piece of paper on my lap. It read:

~ Accept soul mate

~The blood of self, soul mate, and family memeber

~The heirloom

~ 5 candles one for each element

                    -Red= fire

                    -Blue= water

                    -Green= earth

                     -Clear= air

                     -Purple= spirit

~Blood of mortal enemy

~ Pure black silk to represent bloodline

~Black candle to represent the powerline/ bloodline.

"How am I suppose to get the blood of a family memember when I don't know my family? Who the heck is my soul mate? I don't have an enemy either! Well, besides Faith. Also, what the heck is the heirloom?" I said in a rush. I'm never going to be able to cast this spell. Why do I have to be the powerful witch? Scratch that why do I have to be a witch at all? Cole grabbed my shoulders and looked me dead in the eyes. I didn't get that warm feeling like normal. I got seriousness from him.

"Don't freak out, Ash. You will get this done. This is your destiny." Cole said.

"I still don't have the things to do this!" I shout. I walk to the other side of Cole's room. Silence fills the air. I decide to check out his room. His walls are a deep shade of green with black carpet. Cole's bed matches. He has many cds and books. Also, there is different posters. Looks like a tipcal guys room.

"Ash, why don't we go over the list and talk about it?" Cole questioned. I nodded my head and sat as his desk.

"What is the first thing?" He asked from behind me. I pull out the paper.

"It says accept soul mate." I said. Cole gets comfortable on his bed.

"Do you remember what I've told you during today and last night. Besides being a witch." He said. I think back for awhile. What was it he said? Maybe I shouldnt have ignored what he said when he said soul mates.

"I have no idea." I finally said. He chuckles. "What's so funny?" I snap.

"I figures you would remember this, but you didn't. Anyone ever tell you, you have a bad memory?" He says. I roll my eyes. "Yes, all the time and I kinda ignored you when you said soul mate. Now what was it that I was suppose to listen to and remember?" I said.

"I told you who your soul mate is. But since you didn't listen you have to figure that out on your own." Cole said with a smirk. Why does he know and I don't? I'm really starting to hate this witch stuff. Wait, I already said that.

"Well, still tell me who it is, again!" I demanded. Cole chuckles again. "Why should I tell you? You didn't listen to me the first time."

"Because you'r my friend."

"Thought you did'nt want be friends."

"I never said that."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No I didn't, Cole!"

"Yes you did, Katherine!"

"No! That's final! And don't call me that!"

"Yes, you did. Now do you want to know who your soul mste is?" I rolled my eyes.

"Of course I do."

He sighed and said, "His name is Colton." Who is Colton? Do I know a COlton? I mentally go through the school. Nope so far no Colton.

"Well, Cole that doesn't help because I don't know a Colton." I said. I feel like I could just scream at the world! I'm never going to cast this spell. I look up and startled to see Cole's face not even 2 inches away. He really does hae a perfect face. Ash! Stop thinking that kind of stuff!

"Are you finished thinking negative thoughts?" Cole asked.

"Yeah. Now I'm just thinking of your perfect face." I said. Wait, what? Oh my gosh I really just said that. Cole has a stupid smirk on. I look down at my hands and blush like crazy. Seriously blushing again! Before I ment him I didn't blush like this. Why can't I keep my mouth shut? Alright Ash, just don't look at him and leave. I jump up and knock heads with Cole, hard.

"Oww!" I yell while I hold my throbing forehead. "Your head his hard!" I yell tohim.

"You are the one who banged your head against mine." He said. I look at his forehead and it already brusing. I rush to him and ask in a hurry, "Oh my gosh are you okay?"He chuckled at me.

"I'm fine. I hav some of my powers so I can heal myself. We should ger you checked out. You heal faster then mortals, but not as fast as a witch with power." Cole said.

"Fine, I'll get checked out, but we are far from done. You said you will help me with the spell, so I'm going to hold you to it." I said He leads me downstairs and says, "Of course you would. I wouldn't except anything else from you." He says with a real smile. Wow it's breath taking. Really Ash thats what you're going to say right now. I guess one thought about him isn't bad. I just hope I can get this spell down with and not have to worry about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
307K 7.7K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
128K 6.3K 46
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
134K 5.8K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...