Simply Unique

By SpotlightReader

Ellie Johnson was just an average teenage girl. She went to school, partied and went to friends houses. But a... More

Chapter 1: What's With the XOX?
Chapter 2: There WAS a Spark!
Chapter 3: He Doesn't Understand
Chapter 4: Dead Battery
Chapter 5: Do Me a Favor and Get Out
Chapter 6: Way To Wreck It
Chapter 7: Great Godmother News
Chapter 8: What're These Feelings?
Chapter 9: I Need You Back
Chapter 10: It's a Date
Chapter 11: You're Paying
Chapter 12: Put Away Your Filthy Money
Chapter 13: How'd You Get Here?
Chapter 15: Consider Yourself Lucky

Chapter 14: Beaten and Bruised

10 4 1
By SpotlightReader

"Eliana! Get your a$$ inside this house right now before you make me hurt you! Who the f—k is this? Is this your boyfriend?" My father asks stepping closer to us, getting angrier. "You don't deserve him, look at him then look at you! Ha! How did I get such an ugly, disrespectful child?" My father slurred getting closer to me with each word. Until he finally grabbed me by the hair hard and started to drag me back up the yard. I can tell he's had a lot to drink because of the aggression.

"D-Dad! P-P-Please stop." I wailed in pain.

My father shoved me to the ground by my head, and then kicked me.

"Don't call me that!" He seethed, kicking me again. He kept kicking.

"Stop!" I cried out.

"You don't tell me what to do, B***h!" He screamed raising the beer bottle above his head. I closed my eyes tightly, bracing for the impact.

It never came, instead I opened my eyes to my father on the ground, a couple feet away, clutching his bleeding nose. Next thing I know I was being lifted to my feet and dragged back to Chance's car. He sets me in the passenger seat and buckled me. Then runs to the driver side and gets in. He takes off before my father can get to the car. He buckled himself as we were driving off.

"Ellie? Are you hurt? Do I need to take you to the hospital?" He asks. It's now that I notice, I'm crying. Not just crying but sobbing profusely. My ribs hurt and the heavy breathing and panting isn't making it better. My head is throbbing in pain, I can feel my eye bruising and swelling. I shake my head, answering his questions.

"Okay. I'm going to take you to my house, my mom can help you." He said looking over at me. "Do I need to call someone?"

"There is no one. I have no one." I answer looking out the window. Why does he always have to be there for the bad parts?

"Bo?"

"I'm not going to interrupt his date." I said. "It's not even that bad." I lied. It's awful. In that moment I thought I was going to die. That's more angry than he's ever been, and I don't know why. Everywhere hurts, I just want to crawl into a black hole and cry. I don't want to talk, and I don't want pity.

"Ellie, this is terrible! How can you say that?!" He yelled.

"Just don't tell anyone. Okay? I like the way things are, he won't be home for very long anyways." I say trying to convince him.

"Fine, but I'll have to tell my mom, she can help you."

"Okay, thank you for everything." I said to him, lying my head on the headrest and closing my eyes.

"Anytime," I heard him say before I drifted off into a darkness.

§§§§§§

"Chance! Why did you let her go to sleep? If she has a concussion this could be bad." I kept my eyes closed as I listened to the woman scolding Chance.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think much about it. A lot was happening and she looked at peace." He defended.

"Of course she look at peace, son! She could in a coma now for all we know!" She stated worriedly.

I felt my shirt being lifted, but I was too exhausted to lift a muscle to stop. Let alone my eyes.

"Oh my-" I heard Chance say.

"That man is a monster! Look at this! You have to tell someone." I can't remember what happened. Only that I was with Chance, and now I'm here.

"I can't. I promised her," Chance said.

"So your just gonna let her go home and possibly get beat more?"

"She's not going home, she'll stay with us for a while."

"Don't you think that's up to her? Besides we don't have any where for her to sleep." The woman argues.

"She can sleep in my bed?" Chance suggested.

"Can I trust her with you? It won't be another Fiona mistake will it?" The woman asked.

"How many times to I have to tell you, she came onto me!" Chance said harshly.

"I know. I just don't want something bad to happen." She said.

"It's okay, I'll keep her safe. I know I haven't known her long, but she makes me forget about Jazzy. She lost someone close to her as well. We understand each other."

"I bet you guys do, I'm glad she's making you happy. Just be careful and take care of her. It looks like she's been through enough." The woman said.

I start to gain a little bit of strength and groan as I open my eyes.

"Hey, doll. How're you feeling?" The woman asks.

"Like crap. What happened?" I ask.

"You don't remember?" Chance asks. I shake my head. Bad idea, now my head is pounding. I put my fingers on my temples to try and ease the pain but immediately wince in pain, taking my hand down. I try to sit up, but again wince in pain. My shirt is still raised, and I see purple, black, and red bruises covering my stomach. You can hardly see the real color of my skin, they're so many.

"Hon, you need to lay down. We're probably going to have to take you to a hospital." The woman said.

"What? No!" I said trying to sit up again.

"Elia, lie down," Chance says with a pleading look. "This could be really serious, you've seen the bruises."

"Please, I don't want to go to the hospital." I say trying to convince them.

"Okay, how about we make a deal." The woman says. I nod, waiting for her to continue. "I'm Teresa, Chance's mom, by the way. You can call me Terry though. Jut don't call me Mrs. Hale, it makes me feel old."

I laugh but then wince. "Oh okay. I'm Eliana, I go by Ellie though."

"The deal is, we'll keep you here overnight. If you don't remember in the morning then we'll take you to the hospital deal?" she offered.

Do I really want to risk going to the hospital? I mean I don't have the money to pay for the bills. And I am definitely not asking dad or mom for any. I mean I have a savings account, it's got a bit of money. But that is what I've been saving for college, not an accident. At least that's what I think happened. I keep racking my brain for the memory, but nothing pops up. I remember getting dropped off. But nothing after that. Oh god. I probably need to go to the hospital. But I-

"Is everything okay, dear?" Teresa asks.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." I assure her. "I guess going to the hospital wouldn't be to bad, but only if I can't remember."

"Yes yes. Of course dear. Are you hungry?" She asks.

"No, I'm fine. I'm actually sort of tired so I'm probably going to rest some more."

Teresa wore a worried look, because of what I said I assume. But in the end, puts on a straight face.

"Okay. I'm going to make dinner, if you do end up being hungry, your welcome to eat anything."

"Thank you, Mrs. Hale."

"What'd I say about calling me that?"

"Sorry," I smiled sheepishly.

"Have a nice rest. Let's go Chance." I almost forgot he was in here.

Who am I kidding I completely forgot.

"Mom? I actually wanted to stay and in here to talk to her a bit,if that's okay with you?" He said looking over at me.

"Yeah. That's fine."

"Okay, I'll be out here making dinner. Holler if you need me." Terry said claim the door behind her.

"Soo," I said.

"Soo," he repeated.

"You gonna tell me what happened?"

"You know I can't do that, you have to remember. So we can know that you don't need a doctor."

"Please, Chance. Just this once. I've had enough of hospitals," I said with an accusing look towards him. His cheeks became tinged with a light pink. "Don't make me go again." I pleaded.

"Fine! But you can't tell my mom that I told you, deal?"

"Deal."

And then he told me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 568 27
{Completed} Everyone deserves love and happiness. _________________________________ "The mere thought of future will screw you. The past has screwed...
2.2K 646 115
Complete ✔️ First love is beautiful. Isn't it? Maybe or maybe not The story revolves around a teenage girl "Anne" who fall in love for the first tim...
1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
1.3K 1 51
I WROTE THIS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL. ITS CRINGEY READ AT YOUR OWN RISK Poor Izzie Stevens thought it was bad enough that her dad was an alcoholic but he a...