Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 35

1.4K 129 28
By ShonaLover

Few days passed.Ramya was seen a bit dull.With interaction and not being herself.Vivaan noticed his wife.Lata came back.Tension was there in house already.Satya's health was not well/Doctors advised him to rest.He had to handle all work alone.Reyansh was back too.All were seated together for.Evening tea.

Nandini was in hospital joining her work.Vivaan was not back from office.Ramya served everyone tea.Lata got snacks and sat beside Shivani.Looking disturbed.

V-"I would still suggest you.To shift your business here.

It wont be wise to travel.In this condition.Reyansh have to join his work.Nandini cant leave her duty here.Why cant you get everything in Hyderabad.Think Satya."

Satya sipped tea.He was fun and lively person.Working all life.Have got him stressed.

L-"Anna I have been asking him.For same.Why would Reyansh live without his wife.It would be selfish if.We ask girl to change.her hospital.

If we can shift to our house.here a new one."

Vikram kept the cup down on table.Before passing a surprising look to his sister.Reyaansh just came down after.Attending a call.He was also disturbed.For his father.

V-"What did you say.

New house for what.Lata isnt this your family.Why bother to get another.House."

Sh-"Your brother is right.Whats harm staying with us.

Vivaan and Rey are children of this house.Without them this place.Feel empty.Satya Anna you have to .keep our word."

Satya was in two minds.Living with his wife's family.Was second thing to bother.He had very good relationship with Vikram.They considered Reyaansh as own son.Then again he couldnt think of.Any solution.

V-"May I suggest something."

Vivaan entered with his blazer.On hand.Ramya came to him.Giving him water.He settled asking Reyaansh to join them.

V-"Satya Uncle.Do you feel.Uneasy living with us.Under same roof.Like any typical thoughts bothering you?"

Lata jumped in before her husband.Reyansh too.

R-"Anna I have been telling him.Mom too.We live half time here.

In a year.Then why not shift completely.Its hassle travelling."

L-"Its a different thing.Reyaansh."

V-"Why different thing.

We are family.At this time if we wont stay together.Then.Im not listening to anything.Rey you start.With shifting formalities.Business will stay same uncle.Your health wont.You can visit office.handle work from home too here.

Dad?"

Vikram was happy with way.His son supported his decision.It was decided Satya,Lata and Reyansh will be permanently shifting to Hyderabad.A happy moment for family.Except Satya agreeing on.he would buy house for himself here.Rest had to agree for this.In all this discussion one.Person remained aloof.Was unlike her and Vivaan saw that.

He was in his room.After taking shower.Ready to go for dinner.He frowned seeing Ramya under covers.With a pale face.He noticed her looking.Not in good health.From few days.Wanted to ask but work kept him busy.He went to her.Touched her head.She opened her eyes.

V-"Ramya.Whats wrong.

You dont look healthy.I will call for doctor."

Ramya bit her lips.In tension.How can she call doctor.

She was hiding big news from husband.He would blast at her.If gets to know she is pregnant.Remembering last reaction from him.

R-"No.Im fine.

Girl problem.Will be alright.You go for dinner."

Vivaan raised his brows.Feeling weird.Gave nod to her.Switching off light for room.He did not look convinced.

Ramya found him gone.Got up and switched on lights.She took out packet of biscuits.Chocolate flavor her favorite.And started finishing them.When she was tensed.She had to eat and eat a lot.She made face and continued eating making sounds.

R-"Oh Ramya.You will be dead.

If husband finds out.What I did.Then no.Will he throw me out.What will say to people.My husband threw me out because.I became pregnant.No no.What should I do.Now no.Who can help me.Out from this problem.

Who have helped.Me always?"

Varna was waiting for her car to come.Unwillingly she had to come this place.For visit.One of Prakash's old friends.Had his daughter opening up.New club for greenery.Tree plantation and all.Varna being herself.Had to run from meeting new.People and mingle with them in usual.Way but Prakash forced her to come.

It was for courtesy.Why people believe in.Show off to world.If it doesnt come from heart.Wasnt it difficult to act.Good and nice.Varna kept on thinking about this.When she bumped into someone.Had her eyes closed.Her mood was not well.She did not see person's face.

V-"Why cant people see and walk.Have to bump."

Her voice was recognized easily.The person coughed.With a cheeky smile.

Sh-"Varna Shetty and peoples fascination.Bumping into her."

Varna saw person.Shakthi continued to smile.Now waving at his friend.Standing beside Varna.She was lost.To something his word.Made him remember.She had record of bumping.Why and she wanted it to end.

Sh-"Okay shall I say sorry.For offending you madam."

He bowed down to her.She finally smiled.Feeling foolish.Why was it him.With whom she can.Be herself.Still part of her was kept to herself.

V-"Stop this Shakthi.Please.

No sorry but.Can we move to other side.Can see people.Looking at us with.Button eyes."

She made both of them laugh.As they walked outside.Whole place looked peaceful.With greenery.Shakthi started coughing.She passed her bottle of water.He had some from it.

Sh-"Thank you.

Do you keep this.With you always."

V-"Not necessarily.In case any allergy strikes me.Have to take my.Medicines so."

Varna sounded and looked.Conscious while saying that.He frowned then became normal.

Sh-"Its okay.Headache and fever are part of life.

Happens to normal people."

V-"But I'm from this world.Yet not normal."

They stopped to look.At some children.Helped by for planting trees.

Sh-"Look at them.They know nothing.About environment and.Some what they are doing.See the smile on their faces.happiness in their eyes.They mean a lot.Varna.Thats how life should be.Lived.

We keep so much to ourselves.At end messing more.We fail to keep people.With us and they.Misunderstand.One should first.Love ownself.Not think how they will be judged.

Try to look world.From different view.Its beautiful."

Varna played with cap of bottle.Her eyes looked at Shakthi.Watching children with smile on his face.For a second she would have.taken his words.Seriously.Varna Shetty was willing to give chance.To herself.Yes it sounded nice.

She smiled to herself.It wasnt a blush.Just a smile.Shakthi turned to look at her.And was baffled.

Sh-"What am I seeing.someone smiled.

I need to be.Rewarded for this."

She couldnt stop smiling from then.He continued with his jokes.Making her laugh endlessly.Finally he won.Her promising treat to him.For dinner once they wrap up work.

Ramya was trying Varna's number.For some time.She found few biscuits left.Had them.Kicked the pillow.Then made a cry face.Stuffing some more biscuits into her mouth.She talked to herself.

R-"Varna bad girl.Not picking my calls.Aththai said she is out for dinner.

Varna madam and dinner.Why everything weird.happening around me.Here husband does not want me.Pregnant and I'm already pregnant."

She touched her belly.thinking why it was  still flat according to her.Then got one biscuit.Showing it to her baby.

R-"Have this little one.

Your Appa will.Give me real punishment.Once he knows."

As she heard door.Almost choked on food inside.Her mouth.Hiding everything including.herself inside quilt.

Vivaan got a horrific view.He found his wife.Sitting covered with quilt.He came to her after locking door.Had glass of milk with him.

V-"Ramya.

I thought you were.Sleeping."

He removed quilt from.her face.She had packet of biscuit.Inside quilt.Giving smile to him.

R-"Yeah.I.

Went to washroom."

V-"Have this.Lata aththai sent this for you.

You will feel better."

He gave her milk glass.Went to brush his hair.From mirror.he could see her antics.

V-"Little brat.Whats going on your head.

Tell me."

He sit beside her on bed.She finished milk.Already giving him glass.

R-"nothing is wrong.I feel.Sleepy.

Good night."

She faked a yawn.Pulling covers over her.

V-"You wait."

He heard his phone.Looking at her.Already in sleep.Went to answer it.

"Vivaan.Dr. Bhatia here.

Sorry for calling you at this hour.I just got free now."

Doctor Bhatia was renowned cardiologist.Close to Vikram since he.Went through his treatment.Earlier.Vivaan have shown him.Ramya's reports before marriage itself.Prakash also went with him.He wanted consult someone else.Since Vivaan suggested.Ramya was undergoing treatment.From another big doctor in Chennai.

Getting hope from Dr Bhatia.Made them positive.From then on he started.Ramya's treatment.Prescribing few medicines to her.Assuring them.Ramya had her mood swings.Visiting doctor.Vivaan knew how to handle her.

V-"Thats alright Bhatia uncle.

Calling at this hour.I hope everything is alright?"

He turned to look at his wife's back.Fearing any negative news.He gripped hard on phone.

"Oh no Vivaan relax.Its something important.

Days ago Ramya did her tests.And I wanted to see her reports.Change her medicines.If there have been improvements.I got reports this morning.Was checking them when."

Vivaan's heart skipped a beat.He felt his throat dry.

"Theres good news.I can see vast improvement.In her case.

Her heart is weak.Had some initial problems.But she has responded tremendously.To our treatment.In fact recovery is now 80 per cent.Congratulations.She is nearly fit now.We need to be careful.With few things.Being cautious."

Vivaan felt his eyes.Moistened.His heart swelled with happiness.Every time he was in fear.Of her weak state.He couldnt see her.Depressed due to injections.Medicines and doctor visits.She believed she had weakness.He never did.

V-"Are you.Sure.Uncle.I mean Im sorry.

I.Just dont know.

Thank you.I dont know.How to be thankful for this.To you."

He covered his face with.His palm trying to.Let words sync to him.He wished to dance.In joy.

"I can understand boy.

But before that you need to hear another.News too.Maybe you have one more reason to.Celebrate."

He frowned getting up.To prepare himself.

Same week.After few days.

Varna Shetty in a bike.With a guy.Whom she addressed as her friend.She smiled to herself.With thought.She didnt knew why she chose.To do this.Morning when Shakthi came.Asking her to go with him.An orphanage where his brother.Wanted him to donate some clothes.And an amount in name.Of their late father.

She couldnt say no.To this man.He was stubborn in funny way.She had to go out.Till he would gather whole office staff.Making them hear his jokes.Experiences and awareness.Of global warming.tree plantation.

Another shock was waiting for her.Seeing their ride to destination.Shakthi had to blackmail her.Giving excuses.Reasons why they should travel by bike.She was left with only option.To do what he was saying.

Shakthi was gentle driver.She had to agree.He was slow and driving smooth.Even on bumpy roads.Every time she bumped onto his back.A heat she felt.On her face.Fearing the nervousness inside her.He was extra careful.With lady behind him.

Sh-"Sorry.You are used to travelling.In cars.

This pauper made you what.Princess Varna."

She rolled her eyes.He gazed at her from rear mirror.She sensed that and.Adjusted strands of her hair.She was wearing traditional.Today unlike her formals.She escaped his gaze.He did same.

V-"Spending much time with me.You call me that.

Mr. Shakthi.You failed."

Sh-"Did I.

Then would be first time.I loved taking.Defeat."

She kept her eyes down.Not able to react.To his words.Smile wouldnt stop.Coming to her face.He gave his cheeky smile.

Sh-"Dont hide smile.

It makes you look.

Beautiful."

She changed topic.

V-"Drive.Drive dont talk.come on."

The orphanage was small.In very poor condition.Varna waited as Shakthi went inside.For formalities.The car with needful things arrived before them.She wondered why he preferred.To come separately.

Varna looked at kids.Playing and one came to her running.She smiled at little ones.They looked happy and celebrating.Finding new clothes and chocolates.Shakthi was nice.She knew but.Every day she was getting to learn.new things about him.A guy can have.This much shades.Unbelievable for her.Shakthi was from respected family.They were not heavily.Rich like them but.One thing was visible.

They had respect.With whatever they lived.With dignity and.Did not believe in show off.His brother was managing business.With Shakthi helping him.Varna felt more she got to know.Him more she was having.Good impression of him.She couldnt deny.She felt good spending time with him.He would be a life partner.Any girl would want for.Her thoughts were broken.

She saw a kid.Busy painting.It looked cute.With colors.Varna changed her expression.Something strike  her.She checked her phone.It was out of signal.No network.Her wallpaper was.She looked at it.Art reminds her of Ramya.Its been long she talked to her.They were in contact.Through messages.But how unexpected.Things changed.

They couldnt survive for day.Without seeing.Now they were living.Separately.Breathing.With messages being air to them.

On their way back home.Varna kept herself busy.With same thoughts.Shakthi would find her.In some different world.He talked to her.She didnt object.Travelling in bike.He was more than happy.They were almost closer to her house.It was evening.Road was bumpy.He had to apply brakes.Suddenly.

Sh-"Sorry Varna.Roads are too."

He could see the.Thing he always wished to.Her eyes.Did not have anger.Face didnt look uneasy.Fact she smiled.Holding him from back.His heart jumped with joy.Their silence worked.In perfect moment.Both could feel.Their hearts swinging.Till he heard honks of cars.Started bike again.This time with extra energy.

Love was in air for him.Was it for her.That was only.Question.Which disturbed him.

Dont want to extend chapters.With extra Shakthi Varna scenes.Dont have that time.So kindly watch this song.If want to imagine.How things worked for them.Slowly.They got involved.Trying to understand each other.

................................................................................................

Thank you for love.Comments and support.Lots of love from my side too.Hope can transfer it to my writing.Sorry for not adding.Any nice scenes.Book is in very important.Stage which is coming next.Request those who have interest.Till now please.Read and wait.

Please do not forget to vote and comment.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86K 5.8K 89
This story is continuation to darling movie. Get into the story to know how one misunderstanding made his life upside down and how someone special en...
77.7K 3.4K 25
A tale of bonding between two beautiful individuals. Abhinav falls in love with Samskruthi; a naive, traditional young lady from an orthodox Brahmin...
2.9K 222 28
Note: This novel is inspired by the Telugu hit film Ek Niranjan directed by Puri Jagannath Summary: At the age of three, Ram was kidnapped by a middl...
807 75 6
Join me on this journey of Vivaan and Avni to see them fall in love and face the various obstacles that come in their way. Copyright Β© 2024 freelanc...