Fate Be Change | SUNGJOY

By authorovert

A 22 year old college intern Yook Sungjae discovered a historical curse about Queen Park Soo Young 500 years... More

Prologue
Fate Be Change 1
Fate Be Change 2
Fate Be Change 3
Fate Be Change 4
Fate Be Change 5
Fate Be Change 6
Fate Be Change 7
Fate Be Change 8
Fate Be Change 9
Fate Be Change 10
Fate Be Change 12
Fate Be Change 13
Fate Be Change 14
Fate Be Change 15
Fate Be Change 16
Fate Be Change 17
Fate Be Change 18
Fate Be Change 19
Fate Be Change 20
Fate Be Change 21
Fate Be Change 22
Fate Be Change 23
Fate Be Change 24
Fate Be Change 25
Fate Be Change 26
Fate Be Change 27
Fate Be Change 28
Fate Be Change 29
Fate Be Change 30
Epilogue
THANK YOU!
Bonus (Special Chapter)
Bonus (Joseon Era)

Fate Be Change 11

1.5K 83 33
By authorovert

Chapter Title: I'm not Her!

----

It was Sungjae's day off so Joy was with her original Manager Kimberly Lee, on their way to a cafe to have some lunch. Kimberly booked ahead and made sure they were seated in a secluded space so that no one would recognize Joy. They were about to discuss about the fashion show week event held in Seoul next week, Joy was invited to walk and wear one of the famous designed by one of Korea's best fashion designer Jessica Jung.

"So I managed to agree with the invitation so the company gave you a whole week break before the fashion show and please don't gain even a pound during your break. We can't tell what sizes those outfits would be."Kimberly reminded her as Joy just nodded in understanding.

What's the difference, I always puke them out afterwards anyway.

Joy thought. Joy managed to maintain her figure due to the fact that she suffered from anorexia after her biological Father died, so every time she eats a lot or little it always end up in the toilet bowl being flushed.

After they had lunch, Kimberly dropped her off at her Apartment Building as she proceeded to attend another meeting with the company.

Joy pulled over her hoodie as she slowly walked towards the elevator and pressed her floor number, she was about to enter her room when she heard multiple noises coming from Sungjae and Hyunsik's place.

Eh? Are they having a party or something?

She asked herself then she was startled when their door swung open revealing a hysterically laughing Changsub.

"Oh Joyiah! Annyeong!"he greeted making Joy smile and faced him.

"Hello to you too oppa."Joy answered back and was about to excuse herself when Changsub suddenly invited her inside.

"Joyiah, you have work today?"he asked making Joy shook her head.

"Nope, I just came from work. They gave me a week break before I do another fashion show."Joy answered making Changsub grin.

"That's good. Come, we are celebrating Hyunsik's promotion. You should join us, we have pizza and some fried chicken. Just state what you want and we'll make it for you, we have our own cook Eunkwang."he stated making Joy chortle a laugh and was about to politely decline the offer but she was surprised when Changsub instantly drag her inside completely surprised to see a bunch of familiar and unfamiliar faces.

"Joyiah!!!"the guys cheered as the girls just smiled at her presence. Joy awkwardly bowed to greet them as Sungjae was surprised when he saw Joy standing beside Changsub when he came from the kitchen.

"Oh Sooyoung, you don't have work?"Sungjae casually asked her as everyone in the room paid attention to them.

"Ne, I just came by the office with Kimberly-unnie."Joy answered back as Sungjae motioned her to take a seat. Ilhoon scooted over from the sofa to give Joy some space but for unknown reason Sungjae pulled him off the couch and pushed him towards the wooden chair.

"Yah!"Ilhoon complained but Sungjae just ignored him and took the seat next to Joy.

Moments later, Eunkwang introduced the ladies who were present in the room. Jung Hwa who was Peniel's girlfriend, Eunkwang's fiancee Hyuna, Bomi who is Ilhoon's girl but he keeps on denying it, Hyunsik's girlfriend couldn't make it since she was in France. Joy was enjoying everyone's company though it wasn't unnoticed to Sungjae that she was feeling uncomfortable with the atmosphere.

Sungjae would often initiate a conversation with her to lessen the tension completely oblivious that everyone was giving them teasing smiles.

After a few hours everyone started dancing like wackos as Joy couldn't stop herself from laughing her hearts out seeing Sungjae's friends dance like idiots, everyone was also drunk after having amounts of drink while Joy and Sungjae were also tipsy. Joy excused herself as she went to the washroom when she was surprised to see Bomi vomiting on the toilet bowl as Ilhoon was taking care of her.

"I told you not to drink too much, jeez."Ilhoon was scolding her as Joy just smiled at the cute scene.

This two would end up dating for sure.

She comments as she came across Changsub who freshly came from one of the bedrooms.

"Oh Joyiah, you want to go to the washroom?"he asked making Joy shyly nodded.

"Ne, but unfortunately it's occupied."she answered as she pointed towards the bathroom were the two love birds are occupying.

"You can use Sungjae's washroom, that's his room."Changsub exclaimed as he showed her the door.

"Thank you oppa."she gratefully said.

"Feel at home Joyiah."Changsub lastly said before he left her.

After Joy washed her hands, she immediately went out of the bathroom, she could admire the fact that Sungjae's room was neat and clean. She was expecting a room which looked like her cousins Chanyeol and Jimin which looked like a typhoon passed by.

She was about to mind her own business and exit the room when a certain picture on his study table caught her attention.

?_____?

Is that me?

Joy confusedly asked herself as her feet were like dragged towards the table.

O_____O

Oh my gosh! Why does Sungjae have a picture of me? And why the hell am I wearing a hanbok?

Her questions were even more confusing when the door swung open.

"Sooyoung?"

-------

Sungjae dozed off for a minute because of the alcohol kicking in, when he gained his senses back he noticed that Jung Hwa and Peniel were already making out in the sofa completely doing PDA which made Sungjae annoyed as he threw a pillow from the couch towards them.

"Get a room you hormonal couple."Sungjae exclaimed making them both stood up and went inside Hyunsik's room.

"Yah! Not in my freaking room you guys! Jeez Sungjae."Hyunsik exclaimed as he went after the two as they immediately locked the door. "Don't take away the pureness of my bedroom! I haven't even invited my girlfriend there yet! Ugh! Sungjae! Where's the master key?!"Hyunsik yelled as Sungjae pointed towards the drawer as he quickly got it an stopped the two couple on making his bedroom stained.

"Go to a hotel or something. Jeeez, remind me not to invite this American born couple when we go on drinking."Hyunsik exclaimed totally pissed as he was dragging both drunk couples outside their apartment.

"I'm driving this two home, make sure the others won't do anything sinful while I'm away. And please tell Ilhoon to bring his girl home? Bomi has been vomiting non stop, she needs some rest." He reminded Sungjae as he just nodded in understanding.

Eunkwang together with Hyuna also went ahead since they both have work tomorrow morning. Sungjae let them since Eunkwang was already sober to drive both of them home, Sungjae then remembered about Joy. He scanned the entire room and she wasn't there.

Did she went to her apartment already?

He asked confused. Then he saw Changsub and Ilhoon helplessly carry an overly pale and drunk Bomi.

"Sungjae, I'm taking this two home. Bomi's having a fever already and Ilhoon didn't brought his car."Changsub explained making Sungjae nodded. He was about to send them off when Changsub spoke.

"Joy's in your room, she went to the washroom. You should send her back to her apartment too, she looks tired."Changsub exclaimed surprising him.

She didn't leave yet?

His expression was easily caught by his cousin.

"Go and make your move now Kid before someone takes her away from you."Changsub said making Sungjae surprised at the same time confused.

"Who's going to take her? And what move are you talking about?"Sungjae asked making Changsub at the same time Ilhoon roll their eyes upon their friend's denseness.

He clearly likes her but he doesn't know it yet. -Ilhoon

Can I just punch this guy? He might actually wake up and realize his own feelings? -Changsub

"Whatever, just don't go crying on us when she finds out about that curse you were telling us about. By the way have you told her yet?"Ilhoon asked.

"No I haven't, do I have to tell her?"Sungjae was again confused making his two older hyungs surprised.

"What?! You've been together for months and you haven't told her. God you are in big trouble."Changsub said completely disappointed in his cousin's stupidity.

And I though he was a smart ass, he's dumber than he looks. -Changsub

"Don't worry, she won't find out. For sure she won't believe me and all my papers are in my.."then Sungjae's eyes widens from realization.

...room."he added which he quickly walked towards it making Ilhoon and Changsub looked at each other.

Busted!

....

"Sooyoung?"Sungjae immediately said upon seeing her standing in front of his study table.

Shit!

Joy just stared at him completely confused as she was holding in her hand a picture of her which was weird since it was clearly her but the picture looked old and the name under the picture was odd.

"Queen Park Sooyoung? What's all this about?"Joy asked as her mind was completely blank.

Why is this picture me? And my name too?

"Look I can explain."Sungjae reasoned out which made Joy changed her expression and gave him a cold glare.

"Then explain."she uttered in her usual cold tone which Sungjae just witnessed for the first time.

"It's my research paper in History class and.."he was cut off when Joy's eyes squinted in confusion.

"History class? Are you joking? Why would my picture and my name be a topic in your class? Am I a joke to you? Did you freaking edited my head to this pile of what ever this is and pretended that I was a dead person?"Joy snapped but was keeping her composure.

His kidding me right? And I thought he was a normal guy? Turns out he's like those creepy jerks.

"Look what I'm telling you is true, and to be more honest she is you."Sungjae confessed making Joy's jaw drop.

"Are you fucking insane? I'm not a fucking 500 year old lady. Stop with this nonsense Yook Sungjae it's not funny. Are you kind of a psycho who pretended to be nice to me? And what? Make me look like a total joke?"Joy was now losing it.

"What? Of course not!"he unintentionally yelled at her which snapped a nerve in Joy's composure.

Okay that's it! I'm done!

"Who are you to yell at me?!"She yelled back making her whole face red out of anger. No one has ever yelled at her besides her mother and she swore she would never let anyone yell at her again.

"Look I'm sorry I yelled."Sungjae immediately apologized and walked up to her to calm her down. "But hear me out, what I'm telling you is true. Queen Park Sooyoung is your past identity and even if I may sound unbelievable but you are in great danger. That's why I'm here helping you out, you are cursed. You are destined to die next year on my birthday."he added completely losing Joy.

*slap*

"Who are you to tell me about my fate?"Joy said in gritted teeth as she was already losing the respect in Sungjae. "And may I remind you, if ever this joke like story of yours is even real. She was a Queen and she's long dead, don't compare me to a dead person coz it's pretty obvious that I'm not her! My name is Joy Kim and not Park Sooyoung!"she stated as she stormed out of his apartment.

Ilhoon and Changsub immediately rushed towards his bedroom after witnessing Joy storming out of the place with blood shot eyes indicating she was pretty much angry of what she just witnessed or heard.

"What happened?"Ilhoon managed to ask even though it was pretty obvious that Joy finally found out about his secret.

"You should have told her earlier, now she thinks your a psycho who say that she's cursed."Changsub trailed off completely not comforting his cousin but is telling him what he has to hear.

"But I already told her the truth and I was right. She didn't believe me. Ugh! She even slapped me on the face."Sungjae said out if frustration.

"You deserve it though."Changsub pointed out making Sungjae glare at his cousin.

"You know you are not helping."Ilhoon told him.

"Who said I was helping, I'm actually on Joy's side. He had a lot of chances to tell her ahead of time and in a way she would understand not in way of yelling at each other."Changsub said annoyed making Sungjae roll his eyes and ignored him.

"Whatever I'm going after her."Sungjae said as the two men were startled from his declaration. They followed him outside when they were shocked to see two guys outside Joy's apartment, one was a  tall guy and the other one was shorter than him.

Who are this guys? 😒

Sungjae was about to ask them when her door opened revealing Joy carrying a luggage in her hand.

"Good timing oppas. I'm really in a bad mood, so let's go."she stated as she completely ignored Sungjae who was actually behind the two gentlemen.

The tall guy grab her luggage and carried it towards the elevator when the other one wrapped a coat over her.

Who the fuck is this guy?

Sungjae was quite annoyed with what he was witnessing, Joy and the shorter guy was passing by the three of them when Sungjae managed to grab her wrist.

"Joy let's talk."Sungjae mumbled stopping her tracks which made the guy with her stopped in confusion as well.

"Sooyoung, is everything alright?"the guy asking making Sungjae clinched his teeth.

Sooyoung? Not Joy? Who the hell is he?

"It's alright oppa, and please let go ASSISTANT MANAGER YOOK. I'm in a official break from work, so if we are not going to talk about work then please excuse me. We still have a flight to catch."she stated coldly as she swiftly pulled her wrist off his grip and started walking away.

Sungjae was about to go after her when Changsub and Ilhoon stopped him.

"Hey let me go."Sungjae told them but they ignored him as the elevator door with Joy and her company closed.

"Let her be Sungjae. Don't let her hate you even more, wait for her to cool down then explain to her again about the situation."Changsub spoke making Ilhoon agree.

Instead of a nod of understanding, they were both surprised with his sudden random question.

"Just who the hell was that guy!?"Sungjae asked.

The situation is already worse and all his concerned about is the guy Joy was with? Is he freaking kidding me? -Ilhoon

Even his jealousy is obvious, how can he probably not realize his feelings? -Changsub.

.....

"Sooyoung who was that guy?"Chanyeol asked as he was driving their car to the Busan,

"Yeah, you even stated we have a flight to catch? Are you okay? We don't really need to fly to Busan."Jimin stated which made Joy ignored them.

"Start talking young lady or I'll turn the car around and ask that guy myself."Chanyeol threatened making Joy roll her eyes and started talking.

"Just an intern Manager. Happy?"She stated making Jimin jolted from his seat behind the passenger seat which was occupied by Joy.

"Woah! So that was your boyfriend? Are you two in a lover's quarrel?"Jimin asked.

"No and no. He's not my boyfriend, why would you even say that? And don't even mention LQ coz I'm not like you and Seulgi-unnie."she stated annoyed making Jimin pouted at his cousin's coldness.

"We are actually okay now and besides Seulgi mentioned to me that you were dating a handsome intern. So that Yook guy probably be it."he stated as Joy remained quiet. Chanyeol on the other hand changed the topic since it was crystal clear that Joy didn't want to talk about the Yook guy.

"By the way Sooyoung, Chorong is back. And she would like to see you."Chanyeol said making Joy sighed in relief.

"Yeah I heard from Seulgi-unnie. Where is she staying at by the way?"Joy asked.

"At her friends place I guess. I'll call her later and informed her you're back in Busan."Chanyeol stated as Joy just nodded.

"Cool! Finally! After like 5 years the Parking Four finally reunited!"Jimin cheered making Joy snorted.

"Aigoo oppa, stop calling us Parking Four it's too childish."Joy said.

"Nope. Once a Parking Four, always a Parking Four."Jimin stated as he made an oath taking.

"Once a childish always a childish. You and Seulgi-unnie deserve each other."Joy pointed out as the three of them just laugh.

"Watch out Busan! Park Sooyoung is back!"Chanyeol exclaimed as Jimin cheered at the background.

-----

*slap*

"Yah! Why the hell are you slapping me?!"Sungjae snapped at her cousin Hani.

*slap slap*

"WTF!"Sungjae is now completely glaring at his sister. The both of them were about to slap him again when he quickly dodge them and covered his cheek. "For crying out loud! Her slap already hurt so spare me yours."Sungjae added.

"Well you freaking deserve it! And why the hell didn't you tell us about this weird curse thing?"Hani asked as the three of them are in Irene's place. For some reason Sungjae came to ask some help in talking to Joy, it's been 3 days since the last time he saw her and it's also been 3 days yet she's not back.

Where the hell did that guy brought her to?

He annoyingly asked which made him space out for a second which made Irene and Hani a chance to slap him.

*slap*

*slap*

The two ladies were startled when Sungjae slapped both their hands away.

"I said stop it already."he said making them nod in understanding.

"I freaking want to burn you alive for making her angry. Didn't you know that Joy Kim doesn't forgive people easily? It was even a miracle you actually got close to her and now this? Come on Yook Sungjae, she was already close in becoming apart of our family."Irene spoke making Sungjae surprised.

"Apart of the family?"he asked confused.

"Well duh, you would marry her of course and you two would make little Joy and ugly looking Sungjae."Hani exclaimed completely making Sungjae even more annoyed with her words.

Can this two even help me with my problems? They sure sound like they don't care if Joy would talk to me or not.

"Ugh! Can we all just go back to the main topic here? Can you two help me or not? Coz you two are wasting my time."he annoyingly stated.

"But before that can I ask why you are so concerned about this? Have you finally decided on courting her?"Irene asked which snapped Sungjae and stood up immediately.

"That's it! I'm completely leaving, you two can't help me anyway."he snapped which hurt the two's pride.

"Wait!"Hani exclaimed.

"Yeah wait, before we can actually help you. Can you just freaking tell us the whole Curse Story? Coz it's not really making any sense."Irene spoke making Sungjae walked back to his seat.

Finally! This two is in their right minds.

Sungjae told both of them the entire story of Queen Park Sooyoung at first Hani cracked up since she found it funny while Irene was utterly confused.

"So you mean Joy's going to die next year on your birthday?"Irene asked still not believing him.

"Of course not! I won't let that happen."Sungjae exclaimed completely making Irene smirk.

Caught you little bro.

"So what are we going to do? For sure Joy won't believe us as well. It's too absurd, who would believe a fairytale like story in the 21st century?"Hani pointed out making Irene agree.

"Hani is right, as much as we want you guys to make up already. It would be hard, like I said once you piss off Joy Kim she won't talk to you again."Irene said.

"I know that's why I'm here asking for help. What should I do?"Sungjae asked. Then a sly smirk formed on Hani's lips and whispered to Irene.

What creepy idea did this lady thought? I'm having late regrets in actually asking there help.

Sungjae though.

"Court her."they both stated at the same time.

-----to be continued.

Hi guys! I'm back with this story. Though I'm not satisfied with this update please bear with me since I kind of got stuck in thinking about the next chapter, I'll try to update tomorrow after my duty but if not then the next day. Hope you guys understand! Fighting!

-Janea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 355 28
If you wake up unable to remember anything, what would you do? Who would you trust? Mia just woke up from her sleep after a terrible accident, and sh...
11.6K 427 22
Two best friends become exhange students from Mokpo to Seoul. That school wasn't what they expected, there were a lot of spoiled brats. But, they me...
30.9K 1.5K 27
The Breakthrough. That was all it took for Yook Sungjae to be taken away from Park Sooyoung. But she'll find him again. After all, she was in the sp...
635 45 15
In the past , A girl named Kim Min Rin was an ARMY and she had a bias ...But with some problems she start to hate BTS but still only listen to their...