The Other Direction {1D Fanfi...

By ThatsNotWeird

The british-irish boy band, One Direction is in search for a new member. When eighteen years old Jocelyn Davi... More

The Other Direction {1D Fanfiction}
Chapter 2
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 3

430 5 4
By ThatsNotWeird

   So here’s chapter 3! It’s a little short and I’m sorry I didn’t have much time to write this. Anyway, I think you guys are going to like this chapter. It’s more intense and I leave you will a huge cliff hanger. Thanks for all who reviewed and favorite my story. You guys are amazing! I’m dedicating this chapter to @Steel3legance because she made the new cover to my story!

~Jojo

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*Joc's POV*~

“Listen up everyone you have one more chance to prove to the guys and I that you really want this” explained Simon eyeing each one of us.

  There were a total of ten of us in all.  

 “There are going to be three stages for this audition. Stage 1) Dancing Stage 2) Interaction with fans and Stage 3) singing one last song. Understand?”

 “Yes” we answered simultaneously.

   My heart was beating fast when he mentioned stage 2. I was probably the most socially awkward person I know. Talking to the fans was going to be a challenge because I don’t know how to start a conversation or talk normally to people.

  I observed my competition curious to see what I was going up against. Gotta hand it to Simon the guys he called back were stunningly handsome and looked to be great musicans. One had his hair like mine but his sides were shaved off and the tip of his hair was dyed a dark green. Another other was a full blown pretty boy with silky curly hair and dressed in Hollister apparel. He kind of looked like Harry but the extremely preppy version.

“May I please have Derek, Connor, River, Eric and Joc to the center of the stage” said Simon reading off of a clipboard he held.

  I trembled like an earthquake as I made my way to the center spot. Others followed in suit and I assumed they were the guys that Simon called. They too had jittery and scared expressions on their faces.

  Of course you’re not the only nervous fool here! I thought stupidly.

 “Alright lads” smirked Simon and I was instantly terrified for what he had in store for us next.

 “You’re going to do a dance number to the song ‘Party rock’ by LMFAO”

   A few cheers and ‘Oh shit’ sounded. This wasn’t good I was a horrible dancer because I had two left feet. I was certainly going to make a major fool out of myself. My only chance is that one of the other guys screws up too or else I’m done.

 “Jake here is going to teach you the dance moves. You have an hour to learn them and after that you will perform the dance in front of the boys and me”

  My heart wanted to shoot out of my chest. A dizzy sensation pounded my head and I felt like I was about to faint. My legs buckled ready to fall but I forced them to stand straight. I wasn’t going to be the weak one here. Being weak would definitely make me an easy target not to mention slim my chances of getting chosen.

 “Jake their all yours” said Simon sinisterly and a guy wearing sweats and a ‘Born to rock’ t-shirt took Simon’s spot on the stage. He smirked dimly and his eyes roamed each and last one of us. Without a doubt I knew he was analyzing us seeing what he was given. For a second his eyes landed on mine and I smiled sheepishly.

 “Like Simon just stated I’m going to teach you the dance moves. Before we begin let me say that I do not tolerate whiners or quitters. If you can’t do this please leave now because I do not want my precious time wasted. Comprende?”

 Damn this guy didn’t mess around.

 “Comprende” we instantaneously answered.

 “Good” he grinned pleased and molded his hands together. An eager gleam swirled in his brown orbs.

“Now who’s ready to dance?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Forty-Five minutes later

  “I quit!” It was the Hollister guy worn out of breathe. He was soaked in sweat and bent over clutching his side. He stared apologetic at Jake who only shook his head in disappointment.

 “Don’t let the door hit you on the way out” was all he said and returned to teaching.

    The Hollister dude left without a single word or a backwards glance. Only four of us remained now. It was getting down to the chopping block. Even though no one has voiced it I could tell the others were happy that the Hollister guy decided to quit. He was cocky, annoying and an amazing dancer! I don’t get why he gave up.

 “Straighten your legs more Joc and more hip shaking” ordered Jake inspecting me closely.

   I sighed. He’s been on my ass since the moment we started. I’m receiving a weird vibe that he doesn’t like me and loves singling me out from the rest. I’m trying my best but he seems to think otherwise. I know I’m not the best dancer in the world but I wasn’t that bad or at least I thought I was.

  Derek, the guy with surfer blonde hair and sun kissed tan skin was doing terrible. I mean he couldn’t even spin properly and move side to side gracefully. He was like a train about to wreck. Jake hasn’t utter a word to him or paid him any attention. It was super unfair.

 “Joc stop gaping at Derek and dance!” shouted Jake causing Derek to turn and stare at me confusedly.

  I shrugged my shoulders at him like Jake was lying.

   This however wasn’t a smart thing to do because Jake stomped towards me his face red as a tomato.

  “What the hell was that?”

 “Pardon me?” I said innocently hoping he would just drop it and continue with the teaching.

  He didn’t and I prepared to be yelled at some more.

 “The look you just gave to Derek the one that implied that I was lying!”

“Okay…” I drawled not understanding what this guy problem was or why he was having a bitch fit over a simple look.

“Look Joc I don’t fancy your attitude much”

 “Attitude?” I gasped. What attitude? Was he being serious!?!

  “Yes attitude I’m a hair away from kicking you out the audition!”

“What!” I screamed walking up to him and invading his personal space.

    Everyone was staring at us watching the scene unfold. I didn’t notice for which my eyes were directed fiercely on Jake. I think I heard Louis murmured ‘He’s going to get it now’ and chuckled annoyingly. If I weren’t so preoccupied with Jake I would have punched him right then and there. And wouldn’t have given a damn about the consequences!

 “Jake” said Simon standing from his podium. “Let’s not start an argument eh”

  Blood boiled through my veins and the color red was sliding into my vision. How dare this bastard accuse me of something that I didn’t do. I don’t have to take this crap. Hell, I’m a grown woman no one should address me like this and expect me to be ok with it and cower like a little bitch. No! I had it with him and his stupid rules and also pointless teaching that didn’t teach me jack! This wasn’t worth it I’m sure there was another way to get revenge on ‘Beyond the Stars’ and become famous.

     American Idol and The Voice. I could audition for those shows and not this shit! They would treat me better too!

  “I-I…” I started and everyone settled their eyes on me.

  Once you say this Jocelyn there’s no going back or undoing it. Think about what’s at stake here? Your music career you could be something don’t ruin it because of some bitter idiot! Don’t do it Jocelyn! You’re a fighter not a quitter. Start fighting back!

  “I..”

 “What’s a matter cat got your tongue?” questioned Jake folding his arms. “If you’ve got something to say, say it!”

 That’s it! He just made my decision a whole lot easier!

 “Jake don’t be so harsh on the lad” said Simon coming to stand by him. “He didn’t-“

 “I quit!”

   Both men froze and sent appalling stares at me.

 “Joc…you can’t possibly mean it” muttered Simon reaching a hand for me but I moved out of its reach.

 “Oh I did!” I yelled my anger flooding powerfully. “I had enough of this guy and him basically telling me off! You say I have an attitude?” I spoke to Jake who lips twisted into a light smirk.

 “We’ll let me tell you something buddy I do now!”

     I was angry as hell and I wasn’t really thinking straight which explains what happen next. My fist rocketed and connected to his jaw. Jake let out a cry of agony and tumbled to the ground holding his swollen and injured jaw. I smiled pleased at the damage I’ve inflected.

 “Joc!” It was Simon and he looked like he been informed that the world was going to end tomorrow.

 “Deuces!” I waved at them not really caring if they called the cops on me or not. Not caring that I just butchered my chances of joining the hottest and notorious boy band, One Direction. Not caring that Louis was laughing even louder and everyone was gazing at me with wait? Fear? Admiration? I wasn’t sure.

“Joc!” called a voice and I flicked off whoever it was.

     I rammed through the exit doors of the auditorium slamming it loudly behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91 0 11
Louis joins the school football team as the new season starts up. Louis and another player end up being on the team together with Harry Styles the po...
10.4K 269 18
Meet 19 year old Louis Tomlinson. He a member of One Direction and is un-deniably in love with his younger band mate, Harry Styles. He is forbidden t...
9.9K 341 32
Most would say life has always been easy for rich Irish teenager Lauren Daley, but she disagrees. Despite the fact her Mum and Dad are extremely famo...
847K 15.1K 41
Samantha Evans's quiet life begins to spiral out of control when her childhood best friend, Harry Styles, leaves to audition for the X-Factor and Sam...