Wolf (UNDER SOME SERIOUS REVI...

By -hickman

"Do you know what metal this knife is made of?" My breaths were coming out in ragged wheezes, sounding... More

Before You Read
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: Lorenzo
Chapter Three: Dungeons
Chapter Four: Rations
Chapter Five: Dreams
Chapter Six: Chores
Chapter Seven: Sick
Chapter Eight: Promise
Chapter Nine: Visitor
Chapter Ten: Boy
Chapter Eleven: Quote
Chapter Twelve: Gone
Chapter Thirteen: Stay
Chapter Fourteen: Betrayal
Chapter Fifteen: Innocence
Chapter Seventeen: Cheap
Chapter Eighteen: Submission
Chapter Nineteen: Fragile
Chapter Twenty: Coronation
Chapter Twenty-One: Parents
Chapter Twenty-Two: Backstory
Chapter Twenty-Three: Fight
Chapter Twenty-Four: Heart
Chapter Twenty-Five: Trying
Chapter Twenty-Six: Dinner
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Shift
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Lycanthemine
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Forget
Chapter Thirty: Gift
Chapter Thirty-One: Friends
Chapter Thirty-Two: Control
Chapter Thirty-Three: Patricia
Chapter Thirty-Four: Showtime
Chapter Thirty-Five: Camilla
Chapter Thirty-Six: Panic
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Handmaid

Chapter Sixteen: Stronger

28.8K 1K 119
By -hickman

Chapter Sixteen:

I woke up trembling. My body shook violently, convulsing as if I had no control over my body.

I didn't know if it was from the nightmare or the cold anymore, but at this point it didn't matter. I hadn't relived that dream since it happened two years ago, yet it was so vivid, as if it was just yesterday. My breath came out in quick, shallow breaths, my heart still pounding from the aftershock of the dream.

That night was the worse night of my life by far. I didn't know what he had done until a year later when I learned what sex really was through some pack girls I had overheard talking. However, I knew he was just doing it to help me, as he never thought a stupid runt like me ever had the chance of getting a mate, let alone the King of all kings.

Master always told me I should be grateful for what he did to me, and I had no choice but to agree. He told me that he was only trying to spare me the chance of some pleasure in my life before I died. However, I didn't see the pleasure in what he did. I was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life, and it never stopped. But I had to push those thoughts aside and be nothing but thankful for what he did.

I pulled my head out of the clouds as another round of trembles hit me like a freight train. I looked up at the sky, seeing the early morning glow barely touching the horizon. I looked down at my body, the hand me down clothes Percyus had spared for me having done no justice over the biting cold winter air.

My body muscles were incredibly stiff. Even if I was allowed go inside, I didn't think I would be able to get up, let alone walk to the doors. I tried to take my thoughts away from thinking about the warm, comforting temperature the pack mansion would have. I didn't deserve to be in there. I hurt Percyus. In my eyes, that was inexcusable.

I should've been beaten until I couldn't stand upright. I have been nothing but a terrible, sniveling brat of a mate. I didn't know why he tolerated me, or why he was even still making an attempt at being nice to me still. I knew those days of him trying to be nice had vanished. Why would you want to continue to do something thoughtful or caring for someone who shattered your heart right in front of you?

Maybe if I stayed out here long enough, the cold would kill me off and I'd finally be out of his way. The pack could celebrate me being dead and finally be happy that they don't have to see my terrible excuse of a face roaming around.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" A deep, unfamiliar voice barked.

My eyes widened and I turned my head to address the man who had spoken. He was a tall muscular man wearing a fancy uniform that screamed intimidation. I forced my body to roll over so I was sat on my haunches, head bowed. "I'm sorry to disturb you, sir. I was just serving my punishment."

He stepped forward, a mere five feet away now, "Speak up, runt. I can't hear you."

I felt my stomach twist up in fear, "I said I'm sorry for disturbing you... I was just serving my punishment, sir." I stammered, trying to not stutter my words.

"Punishment for what, and who gave you this punishment?" He said, his tone clipped and professional.

"I disrespected King Percyus. And I gave myself this punishment, sir." I rushed out, seeing he was growing agitated.

He grew angry, "You disrespected the King, yet had the audacity to not wait for punishment by him?"

"He left the room, sir." I cried, a few stray tears running down my cheeks before dropping onto the snow.

"Should I go call him now? Have him see what he thinks about you running off and hiding from your punishment?"

I shook my head quickly, "No, sir, please. Don't tell him, I don't want to hurt him more." If Percyus was still was being nice, he would flip out over me sleeping outside, saying I should've slept in a nice warm bed.

"Too late. I already mind linked him and he's on his way. I told him you evaded punishment and he isn't happy." The man smirked, making me shake in utter fear.

I was wrong. Percyus dropped the nice guy act. He must've gotten sick of my screw ups an finally is coming here to reject and kill me. Silent sobs racked my body and the man squatted to my level, tilting my head up roughly to look at him, "Crying isn't going to hel- What the fuck happened to your face?"

I cringed at his words, trying to cease my crying so I won't get my pathetic tears on him and have him hit me for getting his hands dirty. "I was punished for being bad, sir. " I said, talking about all the faded bruises and scars that ran down my face like strikes of lighting.

"Goddess... Who the hell did this?" He breathed, yanking up the sleeves of Percyus's shirt to expose more scars and yellowing bruises.

"My master, Sir."

"Someone from this pack?" He asked, examining the many, many scars.

"No, sir."

He held my arms firmly and stood me up in the snow. "By rule, I still have to bring you to the dungeons."

I nodded solemnly, "Yes, sir."

He seemed to struggle internally, his eyes kept shifting to my scars as he escorted me. He couldn't have felt pity on me, no one ever did. He probably just was wondering how one person could be so ugly and disgusting. He wasn't rough like I expected, he only gently held my arm and lead me, going my pace.

"So, what did you do to King Percyus?" He asked on the way.

I hung my head lower than it already was, instantly feeling ashamed again, "I cheated on him, sir." I mumbled, utterly disgusted by the words that left my lips.

He suddenly stopped, bringing me to a harsh halt by a tug on my arm. "Wait a minute, are you the girl that's his mate?"

"Yes, sir." I said nervously, wondering what more trouble I'd be in.

"Dear, Goddess, I have to bring you back." He said frantically. "He's been looking everywhere for you, last time I heard."

He suddenly tugged on my arm and started quickly walking back to the mansion, mumbling words to himself. "Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why didn't I put two and two together?"

"Am I in a lot of trouble, Sir?" I asked shyly. "Is he angry at me?"

"I don't know, I didn't talk to him this morning. That's just what I heard." The man said, his wild eyes scanning me briefly.

I wanted to kick myself. Of course he would be angry, he would be pissed. He would throw things at me and finally beat me and get all of his pent up anger out. He would throw me around and scream at me. I had shivers just thinking about it, yet I knew it was what I deserved.

We entered the pack mansion and immediately came in contact with three pack maids who rushed over to me. I flinched when they got close, thinking they'd smack me for running off and trying to evade my well deserved punishment. However, they stopped right before me and all began talking at once in frantic tones, their eyes all wide. I only managed to catch a couple words before they shoved me int the direction of Percyus's office.

Looking for you... Angry... Smashing... Worried...

None of those words sounded appealing to me, as I knew the second I entered his office I would be hit.

With one final push, from the maids, I was stopped right in front of his office, the gold plate reading his name. Suddenly, I thought back to the necklace that Percyus had left for me, which I must've left in the snow. I instantly wished I had it with me, wanting some sort of comfort at the moment.

I slowly brought my hand up and knocked softly, "Sir, it's girl-" I corrected myself, "Calla."

The door swung open almost immediately and a hand grabbed my wrist, pulling me in. The door shut behind me and my heart jumped in fear. I didn't dare look up, I only stared at the ground, hands folded. I waited in silence, wondering why I hadn't been struck yet. In was almost two, agonizing minutes of silence before he spoke.

"Look at me, calla." He said softly, standing mere inches from me.

I slowly lifted my head and let my eyes meet his chin and no farther. Instinct told me to tread lightly, as a quick glance at the room left me holding in a gasp. He had trashed the place. Everything in sight was smashed to bits, papers strewed everywhere. My heart pounded in my throat, nearly closing my airways.

His fingers delicately cupped my jaw, my first reaction was to flinch, but I remained still. He tilted my head up, letting our eyes meet for the first time. I never realized how green his eyes were. When he spoke, he only whispered, as if anything louder would break me, "I'm so sorry, Calla."

He must've seen the confusion on my face, it wasn't him that was in need to apologizing, it was me. I was the one who was in trouble. "I got jealous. I shouldn't have left you, for that I am terribly sorry."

"I am sorry for being a bad mate." I spoke slowly and deliberately. "What I did was unforgivable."

He shook his head, "You did nothing wrong. I should've been proud that you finally trusted someone enough to hug them, but instead I was a selfish bastard and was sad it wasn't me."

"It's okay, I understand." I whispered.

He let out a deep sigh, "Calla, why are you so cold?"

Here it was. He would yell at me for sleeping outside, saying I'm too precious to sleep out there. "I was outside, giving myself punishment for what I did to you."

"You slept in the snow didn't you?" He said softly, his hands falling to his sides.

"Yes." I said, averting my eyes again.

He was silent. I just waited in silence. Preparing myself to be yelled at. It was almost too predictable with him. I wanted to feel annoyed at how long it was taking him to start yelling, but I knew I didn't have that right. He was making it hard, though.

A hot tear dropped onto my cheek and I wanted to slap myself for crying, what was I even crying for now? I felt so disgusted with myself. I was such a weak wolf. No wonder he gets angry all the time. However, I realized I had shed no more tears, and I never felt that I was crying.

The pad of Percyus's thumb came up and swiped the tear from my cheek. I looked up once again, this time directly to his eyes, something I never had the courage to do. Bright green irises were rimmed with red, tears glistening in his eyes, "Why? Why do you do this to yourself?"

I was still in shock that the most intimidating, scariest man I had ever met, was weeping before me. It felt like something had taken a hold of my heart and squeezed it. I stepped forward and pressed my body up against him. His arms curled around me almost immediately.

His body shook with silent cries and it took everything in me not to wrap my arms around me, to give into Walla who was pushing me, since I knew I wasn't ready. Percyus didn't seem to mind, he only hugged me tighter. His hot tears fell upon my neck, making me feel instant sorrow for what I put him through.

"I'm so sorry for all the pain I've put you through." He said softly, letting go of me.

He stepped back and harshly wiped away the stray tears stained on his cheeks.

"I can't promise I will never get jealous again, but I do promise that I will never just leave again. We will sort it out right there."

I felt my heart swell. A promise is forever. He has kept all of his previous ones, so I had no doubt that he wouldn't do his very best to keep this one too. I felt a tiny smile fall onto my lips.

"But," he said, his tone more serious. "You have to promise me to never sleep in the snow again, or give yourself punishments of any sort."

I faltered.

That was a big promise to make. I didn't want to make the everlasting promise, then end up breaking it when things got rough. My mind raced. Suddenly I thought of something, "I will promise that, only if..."

"Only if, what?" He asked lightly.

"Only if, you teach me how to become stronger... please" I said shyly.

He suddenly broke into a smile, chuckling softly. "You are so adorable, you know that? You've got yourself a deal."

I couldn't help but smile, a promise is a promise, and they can't be broken. Percyus took one of my hands in his, "At the same time okay?" I nodded.

After a beat of silence, we both spoke at the same time, "Promise."

~~~

Thank You for reading!

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.1K 2.8K 27
ORIGINAL WORK UPDATED VERSION ON PROFILE **WARNING** **extremely sexual content so if you don't like that stuff just don't read this book because th...
4.5M 133K 46
(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this but I reject you, Mavis Anders, as my mate...
15.3K 395 28
I watched his hands twitch at his sides, "such behaviour will not be tolerated here," he stepped forward,"I WILL TAME YOU," I laughed and took a dari...
878 122 24
(Sequel to the Alpha's Mate) *Complete* "Leave me Alone! Give me Roman! I need him! Leave me Alone!" I cried. "Roman won't be able to help you now. H...