His Blue ✓

Por MalibuGardner

Indie Jasper is a shy, unknown writer. Anson Fischart is the school's pretty boy. Indie is not popular by an... Más

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
1| Class with the QB
2| Paradox
3| Breach of privacy
4| Blue
5| Lonesome swan
6| Don't do emotions
7| A man's pride
8| Not ashamed
9| Friday night lights
10| Drowsiness
11| Roofie
12| Crumble
13| Amends
14| You are different
16| Movie date
17| Distrust
18| Seven minutes in heaven
19| Tears
20| Meet Dad
21| Knuckles
22| Fortune Cookie
23| Muse
24| Impressment
25| Wet
26| After kissing
27| Concession confession
28| Safeguarded
29| Forget
30| Placeholder
31| Partners
32| To those who wait
33| Rejection
34| Bluer
35| Avoidance
36| Locked in
37| Letterman jacket
38| Girls' night w/ Anson
39| Family
40| Panic! At the football game
41| Causes
42| Unexpected hug
43| Self-defense
44| Engagement
45| Champagne caresses
46| Explosion
47| Broken home
48| Want
49| Thanksgiving
50| Between the sheets
51| Intensive Care Unit
52| Shattered
53| Argument
54| A second time
55| Christmas gift
author's ending note
my other work

15| Not the type

50.3K 1.7K 265
Por MalibuGardner

"Wow Indie, your nails look so much better than mine!"

Fern releases my hand after observing my nails. I shrug. "You're just saying that."

"I'm being honest!" She smiles.

Well... they do look good...

I giggle and take a sip of my Dr Pepper, before picking up my pizza and taking a bite. Our manicure got over an hour ago. Now, Fern and I are treating ourselves to pizza.

"When was the last time we just had a girls night like this?" I wondered aloud.

It has to have been a while...

"Between my Band and your work schedule, I'd say not since summer break."

Wow.

Fern chews slowly. "So I do have big news."

I perk up. News?

"Do tell."

She lets out a small sigh.. "it's about Leo. He mentioned in class today that he would love to go see that new horror movie in theaters."

"Continue." I say suspiciously.

"He said he wanted to take me, but his friend wants to go. So, he said that if I could find his friend a date- that we could go, him and I."

She makes a pouty face, and I instantly know what she is getting at.

"No way." I shake my head.

"Please Indie! You're my only single friend with nothing to do tomorrow night."

"Work!" I argue. "I have a job!"

Why did she sign me of all people up for this?

"Not after 5:30! Please Indie, I really want to go with Leo."

Fern makes a desperate plea, and I feel bad for refusing her. Leo is really important to her...

"You know how I feel about blind dates!"

I'm not the dating type and she knows it!

"But I'll be there! It's a double date." Fern argues. "You won't be alone, I promise."

I sigh and rub my forehead. "Do you know who the friend is?"

Fern frowns. "No, but it doesn't matter, does it? I think he's on the football team."

Great. Another jock. Like I need that.

"Please Indie, Just once." She sticks out her lip and pouts.

I stuff a slice of pizza in my face.

"Fine." I swallow. "But you owe me, big time."

I can't believe I'm agreeing to this.

"Oh my gosh Indie! Thanks so much!" Fern leans over the table and hugs me.

I laugh. "No problem."

I just better not end up roofied. I swallow nervously. I'll be fine.

•••••••

I check my phone nervously, and frown at the time. 5 pm.

I don't get off for 30 more minutes, and when I do, I'm expected to go on a blind double date with Fern and Leo and some stranger.

They're picking me up here at around 6, meaning I have to get ready in the bookstore bathroom. My clothes are laid out in the back.

I roll my eyes.

Somewhere at the Percy Jackson display, a woman gets my attention, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Miss, I'm looking for book number one for my granddaughter."

I smile politely. "That's a great one." I slide a copy of The Lightening Thief off of the shelf and hand it to her.

"Thanks a million!" She smiles, before going up to the cash register to pay.

I smile and straighten up the display.

At the front of the store, behind me, I hear the bell ring as another customer enters.

When I turn around, I see Anson strolling over in my direction.

He flashes a bright smile.

"Is your job title 'the shelf tidier'?" He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "No."

"Could have fooled me."

I laugh. "Anson, What are you doing here?"

His visits have become quite frequent.

"Honestly, I needed a favor."

I raise a brow. Wonder what he needs from me?

"Tonight?" I ask.

He nods. "My Dad is bringing his girlfriend home to meet me. I'm freaking out."

I frown. "He has a girlfriend?"

Anson nods slowly. "I know- all that talk about not trusting women and now he's dating someone. I just found out today. He expects me to bring her a gift." His eyes roll and he frowns.

"Why should you get her a present?" I scoff. "You've don't even know her."

Anson shrugs. "I even doubt that my dad does. Honestly I can't see him having an emotional connection with anyone. I mean, I've not seen him in three days he's been so busy."

I pity him for a moment. His dad doesn't even see him every day. Now he's going to divide his time between Anson and a woman?

"So you need my help getting a present?" I clarify.

He nods. "Something a woman would like."

"Do you know anything about her?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

How can you get someone a gift that you don't know?

I bite my lip. "I have an idea."

I walk with Anson to the front of the bookstore by the cash register. This is where we sell gift cards and whatnot.

I pick up a gift card to Sarah's nail spa, day spa, and massage .

"If she's stressed, she can get a massage. If she needs a mani or pedi, she can get her nails done. If she needs a facial, they offer those, too. It's perfect for a woman". I hand it to him. "What do you think?"

His face lights up in relief, and I feel satisfied that I could help him. "You're genius, Blue."

     The gift card looks small against his large hands. He blinks down at it in satisfaction, before glancing up at me and smiling.

     I'm just glad I could help.

"It's fresh in my mind. Fern and I got manicures yesterday afternoon there."

Anson nods, pulls his wallet from his back pocket, and walks over to the open register. My manager smiles and rings him up. I walk to the front and wait on him to pay.

He slips over to me in a moment and smirks. "Thank you, Indie."

We smile at one another for a moment. My heart feels full for an unexplainable reason.

"You could come with me, if you want."

His voice is low and I am shocked by the offer.

He wants me to come meet his dad and his dad's new girlfriend ?

"Anson, I-" I say unsurely.

     What should I say?!

"Sorry, no. That's stupid, I'm sorry for asking." He stutters embarrassedly for a moment after I don't respond.

I blush.

"It's not stupid." I say softly. My eyes gaze into his, and I bite my lip. "I'd love to, but I have plans after this."

He nods. "Oh. Plans with Fern?"

I shake my head. "Her and Leo are going to see a horror movie. And I'm accompanying them for a blind date with Leo's friend."

Anson's eyebrows raise in surprise. "You? On a blind date?" He chuckles. "You didn't even call me for tips? I'm hurt."

He places a large hand over his heart and frowns playfully.

I shrug. "I didn't think about it. To be fair, I didn't want to go."

"You don't say?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I gasp, punching him lightly on the shoulder. His muscular arm barely gives way for my swift teasing.

"You don't strike me as the blind date type." He shrugs.

"So you're a dating expert now?" I question.

"Come to think of it," His eyebrows furrow for a moment, "Yes." He beams. "I've been on enough to qualify me."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. I just don't want to go because-"

"Because you like having everything planned and out in the open, and nothing left up to the unknown." Anson finishes my sentence with ease.

My mouth drops.

"The things you'd do for your friends." Anson chuckles. His eyes are bright with amusement.

"Yeah." I sigh, looking at my phone. "Anyways, I should probably start getting ready. They're meeting me here in a few."

Anson pops his back and I observe his strong chest through his T-shirt when he isn't looking.

My eyes quickly shift and rest on the floor.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Anson says quietly. He ruffles his sandy blonde hair with a hand and pushes on the door.

"Good luck with your dad." I call after him. He smiles before he jogs across the parking lot to his camaro.

Disappointment sinks inside of me when I realize I secretly wanted to go with him.

Indie, stop getting attached. You have a date to get ready for.

      Wow, is it just me or is Anson the cutest thing? 😂 If you agree, or just liked today's update in general, make sure to vote and comment!

     So are any of you feeling a little bad about Indie possibly dating someone? I mean, a blind date when she has Anson ?! Who does that?! Or do you think she's making a smart move? Leave a comment and let me know...

    (Maybe I'm just too fond of my own characters. I'm like a proud mother over Anson and indie)

     On that note, I want to thank all of my readers for commenting and voting on this book so far. I can see that some people are really encouraging this endeavor and I am so thankful.

    I'll talk to you next week, with the update that day! Until then, xoxo!

     ~ Malibu

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

349K 3.5K 17
𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙. Leaving her broken ho...
1.7M 59.2K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
826K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
Madam Mafia Por Nana

Novela Juvenil

13.5M 354K 88
Rose Amor is the school nerd. She wears big black glasses and keeps her long black hair in a ponytail. She stays out of drama and keeps to herself. S...