The House of Carrington

Door dawndwrites

Sabine Harlow and Shayne Carrington ************ [Can Oil and Water ever mix?] Carrington Enterprises, the m... Meer

~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty-One~
~Chapter Twenty-Two~
~Epilogue~
~Thank You to All of My Readers~
|New Chapters Published in ~ The Sky's the Limit|

~Chapter Six~

2.7K 194 31
Door dawndwrites

Shayne

I left work and drove to the address that Skyler gave me for Sabine's apartment. My cellphone rang and I put it on Bluetooth. "Hello Aunt Ava. I'm so sorry I forgot to call and let you know, I had someone picking up Astrid tonight. Please apologize to the Thatchers for me. Skyler Pennington is actually dating, Sabine. We are going on a double date. I was running late and asked him to pick her up. Sorry for the confusion." Whew, I'm glad I got out of that with Aunt Ava. I felt her eyes narrowing at me through the phone.

I pulled up in front of the apartment complex and ran inside. Maybe I should yell, "Surprise," when Sabine opens the door.

Sabine

I couldn't figure out what to wear tonight for this double date. Now suddenly, I feel nervous. I'm just going to put on my nice fitting jeans and a pretty top. I'll leave my hair out with my natural wavy hair.

My doorbell rang and caught me off guard. I'm still not fully ready. Skyler is supposed to be here at 5:30 p.m. and it's 5:15 p.m. Well, he'll just have to sit and wait for me to finish getting ready.

"Just a minute," I yelled out, as I was on my way to answer the door.

I opened the door, my eyes grew big, and my chin fell to the floor. "Shayne. . ." That one word was all I could utter. I was so unsettled, seeing him here.

"I'm sorry, I know you were expecting Skyler. It's a long story, but you and I will meet him and Astrid at the movies. Can I step in from the hallway?" He walked past me, as I was unable to move.

"You have a very nice apartment. I see you're in the middle of decorating—by your paint samples on the walls." He observed.

I still had a hard time forming a sentence. His presence in my apartment knocked me for a loop. "Y-yes, I recently moved in."

"I know you're not convinced of my decorating skills, but I like the grey beige colors. They are very popular." He glanced at my paint samples on the wall.

I gulped. "Thank you."

The man had me in utter shock mode, as he stood there looking incredibly handsome, with the best smelling cologne. And he was actually being very down to earth.

"I have to finish getting ready. You can have a seat in the living room. Can I get you something to drink?" I figured I should be hospitable.

He plopped down on my couch. "No thank you, I'm fine. I'll just check my emails, while I wait for you."

I nodded my head and strode to my bedroom, half dazed. I wasn't quite sure what to make of the affect he had on me, just now. My heart was beating erratically and my palms were sweating. This can't be good. . .

I decided to change into something really cute. I applied my makeup like I saw on YouTube, recently. I did a little extra fussing with my appearance, now that Shayne was sitting in my living room and driving me to my date. I can't explain why I want to look extra pretty.

Shayne did a double take, as I stepped into the living room. "Hey, you're ready. Y-you look beautiful," his voice was shaky, and he seemed unnerved.

"Thank you." I blushed pink, red, and then purple.

"We had better get going, I don't want Skyler getting suspicious." He half joked.

He opened my car door. I felt butterflies, as he stood directly behind me while I got in his silver Lexus LC sports car. I would never in a million years—expect Shayne Carrington to give me butterflies. I put my hand to my forehead, maybe I'm coming down with something.

                                                                 *****

It was a warm spring night in Dallas and particularly humid. It felt like a sauna. Shayne put the air conditioner on in the car, when he saw me fanning myself. There was a car accident, that caused a traffic jam. We were stuck in traffic at 7 p.m. when the movie was starting.

My cellphone buzzed.

Skyler ~ Where are you? Astrid and I are here, and the movie is about to start.

Sabine ~ We are stuck in traffic. There was a car accident ahead of us. Go ahead and watch the movie. I don't know what time we'll get there. Can you forward me the movie barcode for them to scan when we get there?

Skyler ~ OK, I just emailed it to u. I hope u aren't too late. . .

Sabine ~ I hope not either. Thanks for the email.

"That was Sky, texting to see where we were. I told him we were stuck in traffic and for him and Astrid to go ahead and watch the movie." I informed Shayne.

"Oh, he's Sky, now? Good, that you told them to start watching the movie. Who knows how long we'll be in this debacle." He blew out a breath and stretched for a second, letting go of the steering wheel.

"Yes, Sky, is what I call him sometimes. Do you have a problem with that? I knew peace with you would only last for so long." I spoke with irritation.

"You don't have to be so touchy. I really don't care what you call him. He's your boyfriend." He sounded annoyed.

"Thank you for recognizing that fact. I'm not touchy, I'm just upset that we are missing my date, that you invited yourself on." I let out a loud huff.

With his jaw clinched, Shayne gave me a stare that was intense. "If you didn't want Astrid and I to come on your date—you should have told me, before now. Then you and I wouldn't be stuck in this car in this traffic, together."

I realized, I should have said something this morning and not now. I think that I actually hurt Mr. Arrogant's feelings. I noticed that there is a certain vulnerability about him, that I haven't seen before.

"Shayne, I'm sorry. It's fine that we were going on a double date. It's not every day, that a girl gets to go on a date with her new boyfriend and her boss." I leaned toward him and turned his face to look at me, as I peered into his grey eyes. My breath hitched, from the spark of touching his face, and the way he regarded me with his eyes.

I tried to act as unaffected, as possible at that moment. Talk about awkward.

Shayne cleared his throat and turned on the radio for a distraction. "We should get to the movie theater soon. I'm sure Skyler is missing you, and Astrid is excited about our first date." As enthusiastic as he sounded, his smile never reached his eyes.

I got the impression that he was trying to convince us both.

*****

Finally, we reached the movie theater, ran inside, and had the barcode scanned. We made it inside to our seats for the last hour of the movie.

I ended up sitting next to Shayne, since Astrid was sitting next to Skyler. The server handed us menus. I wasn't hungry and Shayne ordered a beer.

I think he and I had not planned on this night going in this direction. I certainly had no clue, that I would be thrilled to be sitting next to him. I had better pull myself together—this is Shayne Carrington of all people. This is a dream and I'm going to wake up. It will all be a funny story. . .I hope.

The movie ended and I went over to Skyler, as Shayne walked toward Astrid. "Glad you two made it for part of the evening." Skyler gave me a hug.

"I owe you another first date, Astrid. I'm so sorry." Shayne was very apologetic.

Astrid waved away his apology. "It wasn't your fault, you can't control traffic. Mr. Pennington was great company and I enjoyed talking to him."

Astrid actually looked over at Skyler and blushed. "Thank you for picking me up. I had a nice evening."

Well, wonders never cease. . . she didn't seem like the shy girl, that I remembered from Bianca's wedding. I think she has a crush on Sky. This has really been some kind of day!

I noted the taken aback expression on Shayne's face. "Yes, thank you Skyler for saving the day. This is Astrid's first time in the U.S. and she is looking forward to seeing the sights."

Skyler's eyes lit up. "I know lots of places that you would love to see. I'm not trying to take over, but anytime you're available I'd be happy to show you around Dallas. We could always double date again."

Did I just hear my boyfriend offer to show Astrid around Dallas? What just happened, did he mention double dating with Shayne and Astrid, again?

I know this is some kind of dream sequence. I'm going back to sleep and waiting for my alarm clock to go off.

~Votes and Comments Appreciated~

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

400K 15.9K 47
"Sir here is your card. I'll head to my room. Good night sir, Ms. Collins Have a wonderful night" He smiled at her and Jane replied to him with a bea...
7.6K 219 88
- Charlotte Carter is a 23 year old young woman who is a Landscape Architect. She has been looking for a job lately and her best friend Waverly's fri...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
10.1K 282 52
Jayson Hendrix. The eldest child of Eleanor and Issac Hendrix, and the heir to everything they stand for. ...