The Impostor

By GoddessofAllEvil

Prince Phillip has vanquished the dragon and saved the princess. But why is Aurora still haunted by Maleficen... More

Your Worst Nightmare
Return to the Past
The Stranger
The Woman of Her Dreams
The Forbidden Mountains
The Test
What a Tragic Fate
The Impostor
Tears of Remorse
The Princess and The Monster
Two Years of Misery
Sleep Disorders
In Her Arms
Aurora's Letter
Never Let You Go
Perfect Balance

The Prophecy

3.5K 111 28
By GoddessofAllEvil

Aurora was tired of waiting for her interrogations to be resolved. So when Maleficent informed her that she was leaving for a whole day, the Queen thought this was the perfect time for her to try and find the answers she was seeking since her sixteenth birthday.

She woke up with the familiar noise of bursting flames, which assured her that her host had left the domain. She got up from her small cold bed and rushed out of the room.

Now it's time I set up the rules.

She smiled to herself as she climbed down all the endless stairs until she reached the throne hall that was filled with the mistress' strange goons. As soon as she appeared in front of the crowd, all the little creatures stopped growling and screaming and bowed to her in a respectful and quite ridiculous gesture, which instantly warmed her heart. She curtsied at her new unexpected friends and led towards the hallway at the back of the immense room with firm steps.

She stopped right before she entered a dark, impenetrable corridor, hesitant. She knew she must not do that. Maleficent would probably never forgive her if she found out, but on the other side, she knew she had no choice. She simply had to know.

Aurora had listened to the fairy as she talked about an odd thing she had never heard of before when the older woman was telling her the whole story of the last eighteen years on the day she arrived at the Forbidden Mountains. The Queen was sure the wicked fairy had spoken about a certain prophecy. But what prophecy? What was it predicting? And most of all, it seemed to be the reason why Maleficent had cursed her in the first place. So why did that mean so much to her? What was she so afraid of?

That were ones of the many questions that convinced her to disobey her frightening host.

I have to know. She was repeating herself as she lifted a foot, ready to penetrate in the small unwelcoming and forbidden corridor which led to the spell room, as known as the only place of the castle she was not allowed to visit.

But that was about to change.

She walked for a few minutes before she interrupted herself, disturbed by some murmurs and groans which never left her since she had engaged in that dark path.

She rolled her eyes, knowing exactly who was foolish enough to follow her as she was breaking the Mistress' rules, and so, she turned around slowly.

"No need to lead me, Hector," she sighed, "I know exactly where I am going."

"But... but..." The little demon mumbled, "you can't go there, princess– Uh, Your Highness, I mean, Aurora. Mistress said you–"

"I know what Maleficent said," Aurora cut him off as she raised a soothing hand towards him. "I know she forbade me to go there, and that is exactly why I must see what's in there. I know the risks, believe me... but I have no choice! She doesn't want to explain me, she doesn't want to..." She sighed again, trying to hide her frustration the best she could. "Just turn away and go back to the main hall, and if she arrives, I won't tell her you knew what I was about to do. I'll take all the responsibilities. Now please, go."

"But... Your– Aurora, Mistress would probably kill you for disobeying her and... anyway, the door of the spell room is always closed!" Hector growled at her.

"Oh. Well, let me see," the Queen crossed her arms upon her chest. "I am going to check. And if the door is indeed locked, I will be forced to stop right there and then, won't I? Now go!"

The minions finally gave up and went back to the throne room.

Aurora sighed in relief and continued her walk until she was compelled to stop in front of the dark iron door. Holding her breath, she reached out and tried to open the door. She had to admit this was pointless. That door was obviously locked. Still, the Queen was not ready to give up yet. She brushed a hand in her golden hair absently, lost in thought.

Let's think... The last time I couldn't move forward was when I was trying to find the Forbidden Mountains. I had to discover an hidden road and create a bridge to reach the castle. For that, according to the magic book, I had to... No. It can't be. Oh well, why not?

She looked at the door handle with attention. A tiny needle rose from the top of the handle.

Of course, the key is always the same...

Without an after thought, she pricked her finger on the needle, a drop of blood flowed down her finger and fell on the iron which glowed with a strange red light. The door creaked open and Aurora could finally enter the famous spell room. And what she saw right before her eyes took her breath away.

Maleficent was a very organized and demanding woman. Even though there was not many furniture, decoration nor objects in the Forbidden Mountains, everyone could notice that every book, every chair, every curtain, and every utensil was properly tidied right where they belonged.

But this room...

This room had nothing to do with the rest of the castle. This room was the exception. It was a small and dark circular room full of long and wobbling tables and broken shelves. Every corner of the tiny place was filled with torn books which seemed to be opened at a random page, and tons of parchments in different colors and sizes. If the other halls and rooms of the Forbidden Mountain were the perfect reflexion of Maleficent's strict and classy looks, this hidden place in the heart of the castle must be the reflexion of its owner's very soul. Chaotic and tormented.

Aurora swallowed hardly and took a step forward. She did not know where to look nor where to search first, but she knew she had not enough time to rummage the desks and cupboards from top to bottom. She had to search and find her answers quickly. She looked around with a fast circular motion of her head. She restrained a little cry of excitement as her eyes spotted an old shattered piece of parchment hung on the wet stone wall. This strange paper was certainly not here only by chance.

She grasped the paper in a sharp gesture and held it right under the torch. As her eyes read the first words written in an ancient dark ink, she felt her heart pounding in her chest.

There lay her answer.

The Prophecy.

Finally, she was about to know. She was about to comprehend Maleficent's deepest intentions.

A destiny of power and immortality

For the strongest wicked fairy,But the woman born from the DawnShall destroy what Evil has done,Hair of sunshine gold,She only can neutralize the force you hold,Lips as red as the rose,She only can open the heart you close,She is your guide on the darkest path of all,She will lead you straight to your downfall,Unless peace be brought by the dove–

"Like a rose on the grave of love."

A low, cold voice echoed in the dark. Aurora froze in terror. Her eyes widened as her hands let fall the parchment which slowly flew down to the ground.

"I see you did not wait for too long to disobey me." Maleficent said, her voice as sharp as a thousand swords.

The Queen did not dare to turn around to look into the fairy's eyes for she was too afraid of what she could read in those endless black pupils. Anger, sadness, disappointment... She could not bear to see those feelings in Maleficent's eyes.

The young woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to think quickly.

"Maleficent, I... I'm sorry, I just..." She sputtered miserably, still refusing to face the older woman, "I wanted to know, I wanted some answers but you... You didn't want to tell me, so I thought I could find some answers here–"

"Why do you think I forbade you to come here?" Maleficent asked so emotionlessly it only sounded more threatening.

"I... I don't know." Aurora struggled to swallow.

"Look at me." Maleficent ordered coolly.

"W-What?"

The Queen felt a cold hand wrapping around her wrist, and in a harsh movement, the dark fairy pulled on it, forcing Aurora to turn around.

"Look at me, I say." The wicked fairy repeated, her mouth distorted into a despising grin. "So... Did you find the answers you were seeking, Your Highness?" She asked, tightening her grip around the young woman's wrist.

"Oh, please!" Aurora laughed joylessly. "Don't 'Your Highness' me! We've been through too much." She freed herself from Maleficent's icy hand in one sharp move. "And for your information, no, I didn't find the answers I was looking for."

"Oh. And what is it you still want to know, then?" Maleficent arched an haughty eyebrow.

"This is quite simple actually," the Queen looked up, her purple gaze finally meeting the fairy's. ''Why did you curse me in the first place?"

Maleficent's red lips raised a ruthless smile, as if she had already guessed the question Aurora was about to ask her.

"Ah. All about the curse, it has always been and it will always be... isn't it?" She chuckled. "Well, I cursed you because I knew you would be my undoing."

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows, clearly skeptical.

"No, that is not true." She shook her head. "I want the truth."

"Are you pretending that I am lying?" The fairy took a menacing step towards the young woman.

"Yes, I am." The Queen raised her chin defiantly in response.

"You little foolish–" The Mistress of all Evil pointed a lean finger towards Aurora, gritting her teeth furiously.

"What is it you don't want to tell me?" Aurora cut her off, stepping forward. "What is that prophecy about? Who told you all of this? What does that mean? Why did you curse me? What are you so afraid of, Maleficent?" She almost cried out, hot tears of anger burning a trail down her soft cheeks.

Oddly, Maleficent seemed to regain her senses and raised her hand at Aurora in a rather peaceful – or so it would seem – gesture.

"Very well. You want to know why I ruined your so-called peaceful and happy life? Fair enough. Then you shall know," she said, her voice deeper and quieter than usual, which was not to ease Aurora's mind. "A thousand years ago, a powerful good fairy came to me. She said my future was an important part of the world's destiny. She told me to be careful and to make the good choice when it will be the time because if I did not, the earth's balance would be broken. Of course, I did not believe her at first – who would? – so I threw her out of my castle. But she came back as if nothing ever happened and that is when she claimed her prophecy. I was born to be the most powerful fairy on earth, but a girl was destined to oppose my will and vanquish me. According to that damned prophecy, I had only two options. Whether I destroyed that girl myself and I shall be the most powerful fairy on earth, or that girl will destroy me and lead me right to my downfall instead.'' The fairy's unreadable eyes pierced right through Aurora at those words. "Yes, that girl is you, Aurora. When I heard news of your birth, I knew. And I understood that if I wanted to protect myself, I had no other choice but to get you out of my way. And so I did."

"But... No. No, you didn't understand a thing." Aurora muttered, her voice trembling, as if secretly hoping Maleficent would not hear her contradicting the fairy. "No... this prophecy is not about choosing power, it is about choosing love! You... You didn't have to curse me, you could have just... let love come to you–"

"Oh, but I understood this quite well, princess." Maleficent replied quietly, a hint of sardonic humor in her tone. "But you see, I just could not choose love. Love is weakness, and I know that if I opened my heart, that would be the end of me. Me, the Mistress of all Evil, opening my heart to love?! Oh, please!" She sneered, her lips twisted in disdain. "Now that does not make any sense."

"Maybe it doesn't for you. But it does make sense for me. Love is strength!" The young woman responded, her voice bearing the verve of determination. "I know you know it as well. You read the magic book. When I am here with you, that's when you become the most powerful fairy in the world. I don't know how but... Don't you understand? Love isn't your undoing, fighting against it is! Love didn't make you weaker, it only made you stronger!"

"Perhaps you are right," Maleficent put her head down, suddenly averting the Queen's gaze. She took a step backward, turning away from the young woman. "But I am Evil. Even a young innocent girl such as yourself should be able to see that. No one can love me." She knocked the ground with her staff as if to prove her point.

Aurora closed her eyes, fighting to keep despair and rage at bay.

"So that was it." She murmured, her voice broken with sobs she was struggling to hold back. "You did all this to me... just because you were too afraid to love."

All of a sudden, Maleficent turned around and stretched a hand at Aurora. The Queen was thrown backwards and hit the wall full force. The dark fairy walked towards her, as fast as lightning. She wrapped a long green hand around her neck, maintaining Aurora's body against the cold wall.

"I am not afraid." Maleficent spat, pressing her nails into the young woman's flesh.

"You already made your choice, didn't you?" Aurora managed to ask in a strangled voice. Maleficent's red lips pursed into a grimace of pure hatred.

Or is it... frustration? Queen Aurora did not know anymore.

"Yes, do it," Aurora whispered. "Kill me, Maleficent."

The two women stayed still for a while which seemed to last forever. Aurora felt her heart pounding painfully in her chest, so loud and so strong she feared the fairy could feel it as well.

Finally, the dark woman let go of the Queen's throat. The Queen choked several times before she raised her head to look into the fairy's eyes. Unexpectedly, Maleficent grasped Aurora's wrists and pressed them against the wall, one on each side of the girl's head. The young woman held her breath. Their face were only inches apart, she could feel Maleficent's breath on her lips. Her pulse raced, even though she did not know it was even possible.

"What are you waiting for? Do it! Please, just... do it quickly." Aurora commanded in a neutral tone, ignoring the tears which were starting flowing down her cheeks aimlessly. She did not care whether she died or lived anymore. She now had the answers she always wanted. Now she knew. She could die in peace.

The most difficult thing for Aurora was to let herself be drown into Maleficent's dark eyes, knowing that her last moment will be plunged into the dark, as if she had always been trapped into those two deep hypnotizing holes. However, at her greatest surprise, the wicked fairy did not kill her immediately. As strange as it seemed, the older woman looked... hesitant. Her eyes could not stop moving from Aurora's eyes to her lips, and not a second after that, she was averting the Queen's eyes and then looking down absently. She was clenching her jaw, mad with anger, but when she lowered her head, she suddenly seemed so lost and vulnerable. As if she had lost all her determination, all her confidence. As if she did not want to kill her anymore... as if she couldn't kill her.

"Go ahead, do what you need to protect your empty heart. Do what you always wanted to do." Aurora repeated, waiting for Maleficent to slit her throat or rip her heart out. It did not matter anyway, that foolish thing had always been at the fairy's mercy.

Maleficent raised her head slowly, her gaze meeting Aurora's. She arched a curious eyebrow, as if she did not understand what Aurora was telling her. Strangely, her fingers which were tightly wrapped around each of the young woman's wrist slowly slid upwards and intertwined with Aurora's smaller fingers. Her icy green hands held the Queen's firmly, as if she did not want to let her go. Aurora frowned in incomprehension as Maleficent's face gradually leaned closer. Once again, their face were but a breath apart. Their nose touched, and Aurora held her breath, widening her eyes, for she did not know what to do.

What is happening to me...?

All of a sudden, the wicked fairy finally broke the distance.

Maleficent kissed Aurora.

The young woman could not suppress a gasp of astonishment as the fairy's red lips brushed hers. She indeed had expected to die in a hundred different ways... but that one, she never dared to even think about it. That kiss had nothing to do with the first they shared, the ones Aurora had been compelled to forget because of the good fairy's magic. That kiss seemed to be fed in pure hunger. That kiss was not meant to soothe, nor to express some kind of love or devotion, no... That kiss was meant to devour and to destroy. And the worst thing about it was that the Queen was actually enjoying it, so she let herself be drawn into that fury and madness with delight as she let her eyes shut.

She wanted to wrap her arms around Maleficent to pull her even closer, but she was still maintained firmly against the wall by strong inhuman hands. As she was trying to free herself from the fairy's grip, Aurora felt Maleficent's smile against her lips. She restrained a groan. She could not do anything but lean into that kiss. And so she did.

Maleficent opened her mouth and slid her tongue between Aurora's lips. Their tongues fought and danced together until their owner were finally short of breath. Maleficent opened her eyes and stared at the trembling young woman against her as she slowly pulled back, smirking. Aurora opened her eyes as well, speechless, panting for air. Still pined against the wall, she looked up with blurred eyes.

"W-Why...?" She asked, breathless.

"I simply listened to your advice, my dear," the dark fairy chuckled.

"What?" Aurora blurted, blue eyes growing as big as saucers.

"I did what I always wanted to do." Maleficent replied slyly, a smirk painting itself on scarlet red lips.

"Oh." The young woman smiled shyly. "And..." She averted the fairy's gaze. "Will you do it again?"

The older woman laughed genuinely. Eventually, she let go of Aurora's wrists and cupped the Queen's face into her thin hands.

"Perhaps..."

The wicked fairy grasped Aurora's golden hair in one hand and leant in closer. As their nose touched again, Maleficent looked down at the young girl's lips, smiling. Recovering her freedom of move, Aurora placed her arms around the fairy's neck, pulling her closer. She pressed her lips against Maleficent's. Without a second thought, Maleficent answered to that kiss and wrapped her arms around the Queen's waist, desperate to feel that small body against hers. Aurora's lips were warm and smooth and they brushed against Maleficent's mouth as deliciously as silk would caress a naked skin.

The fairy then realized she did not want that sweet touch to end. Never.

Yet, after a while, Aurora's mouth left hers and the Queen rested her forehead against the older woman's. She smiled, closing her eyes in contentment.

"Maleficent, I..." Aurora said quietly between two raged breaths. "Oh, if only... you knew... how much I... I have craved... for that."

Maleficent laughed. The Queen pulled back, raising a questioning eyebrow. "Why are you laughing?"

The fairy stroke the young woman's cheek almost tenderly. "Because, after I woke you up from this cursed slumber I inflicted upon you, you kissed me just like you did, and after that... you told me the exact same words."

"Oh." Aurora giggled softly. "And... What did you answer?" She lifted her gaze at Maleficent, a defiant smile ghosting on her pink lips.

The wicked fairy arched an eyebrow, slightly amused, and caressed the Queen's mouth with her thumb.

"Oh, sweet Aurora... Trust me, I know."

Aurora smiled and took the woman's hand in hers, pressing it against her lips. She kissed it slowly, as her purple eyes met Maleficent's. The Mistress of All Evil tilted her head to the side, frowning. As she understood the Queen was not willing to stop, she gave herself into that softness she had never known before. She closed her eyes, sighing with delight.

But gradually, she felt an odd flame burning inside of her. Some kind of a fever which was slowly winning over her and which she could not – would not – control anymore. A strong force which yearned for getting out of that cold and stiff body of hers. She knew that strength meant danger, but she also knew she could not conceal it anymore.

Maleficent opened her eyes and looked intently at Aurora. A new different gleam was consuming her dark eyes. There was no love, no sweetness in those mesmerizing pupils anymore, but only lust and desire. If those eyes could set on fire, the Queen was sure she would be nothing more than ashes at that very moment. The fairy's red lips raised a toothy grin. She withdrew her hand from Aurora's soft lips. She slid her hand down the young woman's jawline and stroke her neck with her long cold fingers. Aurora's breath shortened as her body was starting to react at Maleficent's smooth touch, a thousand of tiny shudders going through her. Maleficent's fingers were dangerously getting down on her throat, tracing some slight circles from her shoulders to her breast. Aurora gasped, but she let her eyes close nonetheless. She did not see Maleficent smiling in the dark, savouring the effect she was producing on the young girl's body with nothing more than her hands.

Suddenly, the young woman felt warm and demanding lips on hers as Maleficent finally surrendered to the strong and dull desire which was tearing up her heart and soul. The older woman was licking her lower lip, causing Aurora to smile into the kiss. She gave herself into that passion she needed to express after all these years of waiting and wanting. The Queen grabbed the fairy's collar to make sure she was not going to disappear, putting an end to that heated magical kiss.

Maleficent bit Aurora's lips. The Queen felt the other woman smirking against her lips. Aurora's heart skipped a beat as her mouth fell open in surprise, allowing the wicked fairy to slip her tongue between Aurora's lips. The Queen let out a muffled moan as her tongue met Maleficent's, circling and melting together. The dark fairy wrapped her arms around Aurora's waist pulling her even closer – if that was even possible. Neither of them was willing to stop and let go of the other, but the need for air finally forced them to pull away. Short of breath, eventually, they parted their lips still filled with lust.

Their nose brushed as the young woman pressed their foreheads together. She did not know why but she felt like she needed to keep that closeness with Maleficent, as if afraid the wicked fairy was going to vanish into thin air if she did not. Aurora rested her hands on Maleficent's cheeks.

"Maleficent..." She whimpered against the woman's red lips. "I want you."

Maleficent opened her eyes widely, her dark mesmerizing gaze locking with Aurora's. And suddenly, this was too much for the fairy. She crushed her lips on the young woman's once more. Aurora closed her eyes and melt into that sweet warmth which was now overwhelming her. Soon, she started to feel quite dizzy as if she was flying high in the sky, lost in the clouds... When the wicked fairy finally freed her mouth, she opened her eyes and suppressed a scream. She was still in Maleficent's arms, but she felt a soft and mellow material beneath her. All around them was nothing but a blinding darkness with strange green and purple glows.

They were not in the spell room anymore, she was sure of that.

"Where..." She began, widening her eyes in slight panic. "Where are we?"

Maleficent's white teeth shone in the dark as her lips stretched into a smile.

"We are in my chambers," the fairy answered, her voice huskier than ever.

"But–" She was soon interrupted by Maleficent's lips on her own.

"Shush." The older woman whispered in her ear. "I am not going to let you escape from me this time."

Aurora was about to talk again but her voice got stucked in her throat and nothing could get out of her mouth except from a deep moan she did not even try to hold back as Maleficent lips started their trip down on her body.

Smooth lips kissed her breast, sending chills down Aurora's spine. Her body was now too tense to move. When her gaze met Maleficent's, all she could see in those endless black eyes was lust. No. Not lust. That feeling was stronger than that. It was...

Hunger.

She could not perform the slightlest gesture. She was frozen. Frozen in expectation, frozen in desire. She was frozen, yet her entire being was burning. The feel of Maleficent's mouth on her skin was too much to bear. It sent her body on fire.

Maybe I am going to die. At least, that must be quite a pleasant way to die, she thought to herself, holding her breath.

The sound of Maleficent's voice filled with that frightening yet alluring hunger caused Aurora to shiver from tip to toe as a hot whisper brushed against her lips.

"You are mine."

__________

Author's Note:

The last line of the Prophecy is from a song that I love very much, it is called "Like a Rose on the Grave of Love" written and performed by the German band Xandria.

Thank you for reading, I hope you liked it. Please leave a review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 63 8
Maleficent wanted to love Mal, but love was weak and weakness got you killed. Maleficent didn't want Mal to die. But what happened? What happened to...
9.1K 502 10
In need for a job, she enters Disneyland's staff as Princess Aurora, the Sleeping Beauty. But what an irony when she sees herself falling for the per...
1K 22 13
So many stories have been told of the dark fairy's motives and here is another one. Why did Maleficent curse Princess Aurora? I have merged facts fro...
14.6K 443 15
"No, no I mean. You're Narnian's?" Caspian stated, looking at the three occupying the room. "No way, didn't know that." Lynetta said. Prince Caspian...