Plus One

By GabriellaHerman

Finn has been invited to the wedding of his former boss, Brody Weston and he needs a date. Mainly Finc... More

chapter 1: prologue
Chapter 2: The Plus One
chapter 3: I kissed a boy and I didn't like it
chapter 4: On board
chapter 6: The Best Man
chapter 7: Rumpy Pumpy
chapter 8: Catching Up
Chapter 9: Wedding Belles
chapter 10: I'm in the mood for dancing
chapter 11: The Proof's in the Porking
chapter 12: Game On
chapter 13: We know they know that he doesn't know she knows he knows they don't
chapter 14: The Plan
chapter 15: Morning After
chapter 16: The Deal
chapter 17: epilogue

chapter 5: Checking in

412 14 1
By GabriellaHerman

“Oh look, honey, they have a golf course.”

Finn bit back a laugh and pretended to read the passage in the brochure that Puck was pointing out. “That's right. I remember reading something in the information Brody sent us that the hotel have organized a tournament for wedding guests. Maybe you can still sign up for that.”

“I didn't bring my clubs,” Puck pouted. He kept reading. “Oh, they'll supply clubs. That's useful.”

“And once again I get to spend yet another Saturday being a golf widow,” Finn said with an aggravated sigh.

“I'm sorry honey, I'll make it up to you tomorrow night,” Puck said. He could barely get the words out without laughing.

Finn had to bite his fist to contain his own laughter. 

When they landed at the airport in Boston, a hotel courtesy bus had been waiting to collect them and a number of other guests who had flown in for the Weston-Kishi wedding. From chatting to other guests as they waited for the bus, Finn had learned that Brody had booked out the entire hotel for use by his wedding guests. It was situated close to the Weston Family estate, where the wedding would take place.

While waiting, Finn had started a conversation with another guest named Warren, a man roughly ten years older then him. They'd been having a conversation  when Puck had walked up and put his hand on Finn's back. It was a small gesture, but Warren had immediately figured out that they were a couple. He had stopped talking mid-sentence and walked off.

When the bus has arrived, Puck had deliberately chosen a seat directly behind Warren and spent the rest of the trip calling Finn honey and generally driving it home to Warren that he and Finn would be engaging in gay sex over the weekend.

Finn reckoned that Warren was one more 'honey' away from his head exploding. Thankfully the bus turned off the road and onto the gravel driveway leading up the hotel before that could happen.

Warren jumped from the bus as soon as it stopped and went scurrying inside the hotel.

“Was it something we said?” Puck asked innocently. 

“You're such a bastard, honey,” Finn laughed.

They grabbed their bags and made their way inside the hotel where the joined the line at the reception desk. Puck dumped his bag at Finn's feet and told him he was going to hit the head.

“I'll wait for you to come back before I check in. I want to see how the staff treat us,” Finn said.

“Cool,” Puck said with a nod. 

Finn couldn't help but grin as Puck wandered off towards the restrooms. A couple of hours earlier Puck had been hating absolutely everything about this weekend, and Finn thought he'd have to bribe and cajole him into everything. Now that he sensed an opportunity to annoy people, Puck was fully on board. And even enjoying being 'gay'.

“Finn Hudson!”

Brody Weston strode through the hotel lobby with a bright smile on his face and his arms open wide. He hugged warmly then stepped back to look at his former employee. “Finn Hudson! It's good to see you. I'm so thrilled you're here.”

“Thank you, Brody. I'm delighted to be here. Congratulations.”

Finn couldn't get over the change in Brody since he'd seen him last. The Brody he'd known had been thin, pale and gaunt. This Brody was rosy-cheeked, plumped up and healthy. “You look great.”

“Thank you.” Brody smiled. “Can you believe I'm getting married? What about you? Any sign of wedding bells in your future?.” He looked around and saw nobody who looked like she was with Finn. “Finn, did you come alone? Where's your plus one?”

“Uh, he's in the restroom.”

“Oh,” Brody displayed only mild surprise which he covered up quickly.

Finn suddenly realized that while it was fun to make narrow-minded bigots nervous and uncomfortable, it wasn't fair to use Brody's wedding to make a point. “I'm sorry. I should have let you know that my date is a man. I don't want to make-”

“Finn,” Brody said sharply, cutting him off. “Please don't ever apologize for who you are. I don't care if your date is male, female or animal. Well, actually, I would draw the line at bestiality. I was just a little surprised because I always thought that you had a thing for the little waitress who worked in the Restaurant across from the Art museum.”

“Thank you, Brody,” Finn said, brushing over the reference to Rachel Berry. “Uh, here's my date now. You might remember him from Lima actually.

“Puck, you remember Brody? Brody, Puck.”

“Brody, good to see you again. Congratulations,” Puck said, holding out his hand to shake Brody's.

There was a moment of recognition in Brody's eyes and then deep shock as he remembered Puck. His mouth fell open and he looked from Finn to Puck. “I... you're... you... uh... Puck, of course. Thank you for coming. I... I didn't expect to see you here. Wow, sorry, I just never imagined that you two would end up together. Well, this is a turn up for the books.”

Puck slid his arm around Finn's shoulder and smiled. “Truth be told, it took me a little by surprise too.”

Brody shook himself out of his stupor. “Well, I have to run. But, we're having cocktails here tonight, after the rehearsal dinner. It should start around eight, in the Blue Bar. I hope to see you both there.”

“You had me at cocktails,” Puck told him.

“Thank you, Brody,” Finn said. “We'll be there.”

“Good, my best man is really looking forward to seeing you,” Brody said as he walked off. “See you tonight.”

Finn and Puck went to check in. The girl at the reception desk didn't bat an eye at the two of them checking in together. Finn mused that maybe she was used to it. 

Once in their room, the first thing Puck did was make sure that the couch pulled out into a bed. He might be OK with acting gay in public but that didn't mean he wanted to share a bed with another dude. Satisfied that there was no chance he would end up spooning Finn, Puck threw himself down on the bed and took a nap. 

Finn changed into his gym gear and went for a workout. When he got back to the room, he took a shower and they ordered room service. Then they changed their clothes into Kitty approved outfits and went downstairs to the Blue Bar.

The cocktails were in full flow when they got down the bar and there was a lively atmosphere amongst the wedding guests. Finn and Puck mingled separately. Puck was talking golf to a number of men who were delighted to discover he worked for a major golfing equipment company. They were gathered in one corner, practicing their swings. 

Finn talked to a number of different people. Most of them were friendly, but every so often he came across someone who was a little hesitant to talk to him. Finn probably wouldn't even have been aware of it, if he wasn't paying close attention to people's reactions and attitudes towards him.

After a while, the guests from the rehearsal dinner drifted in. Then Brody and his fiancee Ikuko, and three girls who were either sisters or cousins of Ikuko. 

Finn felt his jaw drop. All four girls were incredibly beautiful, together they were stunning.

“You're supposed to be gay, remember,” Puck whispered in Finn's ear.

“Yeah...” Finn had to drag his eyes away from them. “I definitely remember that I'm not gay.”

“And worst of all, we can't even hit on any of them this weekend,” Puck reminded him. 

Finn groaned. “So, uh, anything to report?”

“Not really. They like golf. Hardly groundbreaking stuff,” Puck joked. “You?”

“There's definitely a difference in the way some people treat me when they realize I'm 'gay' but nothing that I could really define. Can we stick together for a while? I want to see if it's more noticeable when we're together.”

The change was immediate. Conversations became more stilted and awkward, people drifted away quicker, Finn was more conscious of people looking at them and talking about them. Nobody was outright rude, but he could feel it in the air. 

“It must be so hard to live like this all the time,” Finn said to Puck as they sipped two beers - Neither of them could actually bring themselves to drink cocktails. 

“Yeah,” Puck agreed. “It's kind of fun to screw with people for a weekend, but it must get very tiring when you have to do it the whole time. Can we get out of here?”

“Sure, let's just say goodnight to Brody.”

They made their way through the crowd to where Brody was standing with his fiancee. 

“Sweetheart, I want you to meet Finn Hudson and Noah Puckerman. Finn used to work for me in lima. Guys, this is my fiancee Ikuko.”

Finn and Puck shook hands with Ikuko and tried not to stare too much.

“By the way, what did you mean when you said your best man was looking forward to seeing me?” Finn asked, it had been niggling him since his conversation with Brody earlier than day.

Brody grinned and looked around before beckoning somebody over. “Why don't you ask her yourself.”

Her?

“Hello, Finn,” came a female voice from behind him.

Finn turned slowly and his heart sank as he saw the second last person he wanted to see that weekend. “Hello, Quinn.”

Uh oh it turns out Quinn is there after all, so that means so is Rachel! Will finn still go through with pretending to be gay when he finds out Rachel will be there as well? How will Quinn and as well Rachel react to finn and puck being "gay" Stay tuned to find out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.4K 57
A finchel story
84K 2.6K 24
Can Kurt leave his tragic past behind him in order to make new friends, and perhaps new love? TW // suicide mentions and descriptions
36.4K 923 24
Finn and Rachel decide to help each other out. Finn will pay Rachel to pretend to be his girlfriend for one night. The idea is perfect, it's a win-wi...
400K 4.2K 18
Finchel AU. This is a daddy kink story so if you are uncomfortable with this kind of story then do not read it! Copyright © 2015. All Right Reserved.