the boss | e.d (book 1)

By grantropic

He unbuttoned his shirt. "Ethan," I breathed. "You're my boss." He looked down at me. "Exactly," he leaned in... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
epi
sequel

08.

5.4K 78 33
By grantropic

*Sunday Morning*

I quietly search for a pan to make pancakes, trying my hardest to not wake Ethan. 

"Here we go." I say to myself, as I slowly close the cabinet door. I was determined to make my pancakes better than Ethan's just to prove him wrong. I flip the final pancake in the pan, grabbing two plates out of the cabinet. I go into the fridge and grab some blueberries and raspberries, dropping some over the top of the pancakes. 

Presentation is key, I laugh to myself. I set both plates down on the island, as I see Ethan walking down the hallway. 

"Breakfast?" He asked with a smile as he rubbed his eyes. 

"Mhm." I take a seat in my stool, and he sits next to me. "Mine are going to be so much better than yours." 

"We'll see about that." Ethan said, dousing his pancakes in syrup. 

I took a bite and immediately spit it out onto my plate. "Yeah never mind these are fucking nasty." 

Ethan laughed as he tried to down his bite. 

"Why don't you make us something that we can actually eat." I said, standing up. 

"Okay so your feelings won't be hurt if I throw these out?" 

"Nope I was going to do the same." 

He laughed before dumping his pancakes into the trash as I did the same. Ethan prepared a bagel for each of us and we ate before cleaning up the kitchen. 

"Are you busy tonight?" Ethan asked, leaning against the counter. 

"When do I ever have anything going on?" I retorted, laughing. 

"Well I was wondering if I could take you out to dinner tonight." 

"I'd love that." I smiled. 

"How does 6 sound?"

"Perfect. I'll head home and get ready." 

"Okay" He smiled as he placed a kiss on my cheek. 

I called my dad, asking for a ride home so that Ethan didn't have to drive me, and grabbed my things. 

"I'll see you tonight." I said, as I walked out the door. 

"Can't wait." 

I feel my phone vibrate as I get into my dad's car. I check and see that Ethan had texted me. Already?

Ethan<3: Wear something fancy, I'm treating you tonight. 

Me: Whyyy

Ethan<3: Because, you give me a reason to smile everyday and this is my way of thanking you for that. 

I blushed as I read the message. 

Me: Awwww:) you're so sweet. 

Ethan<3: Yeah, I know:) 

~

(Ethan's POV)

I walked over to my closet, and picked out a quick outfit. I decided to throw on a maroon hoodie, grey sweatpants, and my black vans. I ran my hands through my hair, taming it, before heading down to my car. 

Tonight was the night. I needed to officially make her mine. 

I don't know what it was about this girl, but she made me feel different. She was nothing like anything I've ever had before. Just being in her presence, I had butterflies in my stomach. It was a good feeling, though. She made me laugh without even trying, and I found myself smiling every second I was with her. Not to mention, she was gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. The way her long, dark brown hair fell over her shoulders had me mesmerized. I wanted to spend every second of my life with her. I never wanted what we had to end. I wanted this to last. I needed this to last. 

I started my car and began my drive to Kay jewelers. This was a bit extra on my part, getting her a necklace with a promise ring on it, but I wanted to spoil her. I wanted her to know just how much she means to me. 

I walked into the store, picking out a silver promise ring, along with a silver necklace chain. I checked out, got back into my car, and slipped the ring onto the necklace chain before placing it back inside the box and wrapping a red bow around it. 

~

(Alicia's POV)

I turned on the shower, stripping off my clothes and stepping inside. The hot water rolled down my back as I ran my hands through my thick hair. After I finished, I stepped out, wrapping a towel around my body and walking back into my room. I sat down at my vanity, beginning to do my makeup. I blew my hair dry and curled it. I stood back up, taking the towel off my body, and slipping into a black bodycon dress. I put on my red heels, stepping out into the hallway. 

"Gorgeous as always, Lele." My dad smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead. 

"Thank you, dad." I smiled, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. 

I get a text, knowing that it's Ethan. 

Ethan<3: Hereeee:) 

Me: Comingggg 

"Alright, dad, Ethan is here." I began walking out the door. 

"Have fun, sweetie." 

I smiled. "I will." 

I walked down to Ethan's car. He was waiting, leaned up against the passenger side door, with his hands rested in his pockets. When his eyes landed on me, he began walking towards me, eyeing me up and down. 

"Wow." He said, licking his lips. "You look stunning." 

I could feel my cheeks heat up. "Thank you. You look very handsome." He truly did. He was wearing a black tux with black dress shoes. His hair looked perfect and fluffy. 

He wrapped his hand around my waist, walking me over to the car. He opened the door, and I slid in. He walked over to the driver's side and slipped in. He started the car and drove off. He reached over, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers before bringing my hand up to his mouth and kissing it. I smiled at him and turned to look out the window. 

"So where are we going?" I question him. 

"That's for me to know and you to find out." I rolled my eyes and looked back out the window. The rest of the ride was silent for the most part. The music played softly in the background as we just enjoyed each other's company. 

"Here we are." He smiled at me. The restaurant looked fancy. Very fancy. 

Ethan stepped out of the car, and came over to my side to let me out. He placed his hand on my lower back as we walked in together. 

We walked up to the hostess. "Reservation for Dolan." Ethan said before looking down at me and smiling. "Right this way, the woman said. She led us to the very back corner of the restaurant. There were beautiful string lights surrounding the table, it was so pretty. 

Ethan pulled my chair out for me and we both sat down. 

"Ethan, this is so beautiful." 

"I told you I was treating you tonight." 

"Well, I wasn't expecting all of this, that's for sure." I smiled at him. 

"Good. I'm glad I surprised you." He began scanning the menu and I did the same. Everything on the menu had ridiculous names that I could barely even read. I ordered something random, hoping it would taste good. 

"Oh, before I forget." Ethan began pawing through his jacket pocket. "I got you something." He pulled out a black box with a red bow wrapped around it. I blushed. 

"Ethan you really didn't have to do all of this." 

"I know but I wanted to." He opened the box, revealing a necklace with a ring hanging from it. He walked around to my side of the table, and moved my hair out of the way as he placed the necklace around my neck. He placed a kiss on my cheek before walking back over to his seat. I looked down at the necklace. It was so pretty. I couldn't believe he went out of his way to do all of this. 

"Thank you so much, Ethan. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." 

He smiled, grabbing my hands from across the table. "I'm glad you like it." He cleared his throat. "Alicia, I want to make this official. I need you to be mine." 

"Ethan, I've been yours." A smile formed across his lips before he leaned across the table and kissed me. Fireworks. The same way I felt every single time we kissed. 

We ate our food and we argued over the check for a few minutes before I finally gave in and let him pay. He insisted. We stood up and began walking out of the restaurant but we were stopped. 

"Oh, so Ethan has a new toy now?" Some girl looked directly at me. She stood tall, with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I found myself extremely confused. 

"And who are you?" I asked, growing angry. 

"I'm Chelsea. Ethan's ex."

"Okay Chelsea, why don't you mind your own business." I retorted. 

"Just know that you're not special. He's just using you." She laughed a little rolling her eyes. 

"Stay the fuck out of our relationship." I said as Ethan began walking me out of the restaurant. 

"Fuck off, Chelsea." Ethan said as we walked out the door.

We got into the car. "What the fuck was that about?" My voice was raising by the second.

"That was my ex, Chelsea. We dated last year but I ended things because she's crazy." 

"Yeah she seems it." 

"I'm sorry about how she acted towards you. You didn't deserve that."

"It's not your fault, Ethan." 

"Do you want to go back to my place?"

"Sure." 

He lightly smiled at me, and pulled out of the parking lot, placing a hand on my thigh. 

We arrived back at his building and walked up to his penthouse. I texted my dad in the elevator, letting him know that I wouldn't be home until tomorrow after work. 

Chelsea's words continued playing back in my mind. He's just using you. Even though I didn't believe it, it still worried me. I needed to talk to Ethan about it. 

We walked in and he immediately plopped down onto his bed. I sat up straight next to him, fiddling with my fingers. I could feel his eyes on me, and he soon sat up, rubbing my back. "What's wrong, baby?" 

I couldn't even look up at him. I was too nervous. "Why did Chelsea say you were using me? That's not true right?" My voice cracked. 

He engulfed me in a tight hug. "God no, Alicia." He pulled away, placing his hand on my chin, lifting my head up to look at him. "I love you, Alicia." 

His words caused my heart to start pounding. "I love you too, Ethan." 

He placed a hand on my cheek, looking straight into my eyes. "Let me show you how much you mean to me." 

--

they finally said they love each other!!! btw im on april break this week so expect a lot of updates!!

-

L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 327 41
Once my fingers reached the collar of his shirt, I pulled him closer, so my lips were brushing against his as I spoke, "I want you." Ethan leaned far...
103 16 16
(I gave up on editing this cuz i'm lazy and never get anything done)(This is being edited at the moment cuz it's fucking trash)Your best friend Ethan...
107K 2.3K 33
"you're kinda cute," he said as he grabbed his coffee and slowly walked away. i'm a tomato. i swear. *cringey and very cliche* i warned u
153K 1.7K 30
wholesome imagines that make ur heart melt