To solve a riddle

By pepe4lyfe

What if you could go back and do it all again? To fix what was broken. To heal what has been hurt. During the... More

Hermione
Hermione
Tom
Hermione
Hermione
Tom
Hermione
Tom
Hermione
Tom
Hermione
Tom

To solve a riddle

8.1K 174 18
By pepe4lyfe

Chapter 1-

Hermione ran down the hallways littered with bodies of her fallen comrades. As she ran all she could think about was Neville is dead, Luna is dead, Ron is dead, Ginny is dead, and Harry is dead. She gasped as she thought back just a few minutes ago to see Harry lying on the floor, his eyes filled with emptiness. She kept running through the corridors then stopped to catch her breath. She saw something fly past her ear and turned to see Antonin Dolohov standing only a few feet away from her brandishing his wand. She ducked as several curses flew past her one almost hitting her, she stood up to her full height and screamed “Stupefy!” as Dolohov was flown backwards Hermione kept on running down the halls not even checking behind her to see how well her spell went. As she came to the gargoyle at the entrance of the late professor Dumbledore’s office she sighed. “Cauldron cakes,” she whispered and ran into the office.

She ran to Dumbledore’s desk and started pulling out the drawers whilst the portraits stared at the odd actions of the strange girl that just ran in. “I think that what you’re looking for is in the cabinet above the bookshelf, Miss Granger.” Hermione spun around and came face to face with the glistening eyes of the portrait of Dumbledore. “Oh sorry sir I didn’t see you there just, in a bit of a rush.” She said walking over to the cabinet inspecting it contents.

“Well it think you will find everything you need in there. A suitable amount of clothes, a letter explaining why you’re are there, your permission slip to hogsmeade, the appropriate textbooks and the time turner.”

“Professor Dumbledore are you sure that this will work,” Hermione said as she put the time turner over her head. “Quite sure my dear, and I think 5 turns should do it.”

Hermione sighed as she glanced around the office, she nodded at Professor Dumbledore and turned the time turner 5 times exactly.

She groaned as she sat up and felt around for her bag and time turner which she hoped had landed beside her. She was so busy feeling around in the dark for her things that she didn’t notice the heavy footsteps and a faint glow coming towards her. “Students out of bed. Students out of bed!” a voice called. Hermione stood up and tried to fix her hair and dust herself off.

“Hello,” she greeted to the approaching figure hoping she didn’t sound too suspicious however knowing that she already did. As the figure stopped in front of her she gasped. “I’m Hermione,” she stammered trying to think of a reason to why she was in a dark hallway covered in mud. “I’m a transfer,” she continued “from Beauxbatons,”

“Headmaster Dippet won’t like this at all,” he muttered to himself “Oh well come along Miss…”

“Delacour, Hermione Delacour,” Great job brain she thought now I am going to have to be a French pureblood. She sighed as she followed behind the caretaker dragging her trunk and dignity behind her.

As she walked behind the caretaker he stopped and seemed to be talking to someone.

“Busy night, Chairen?” A smooth, silky voice said.

“Not really just found a transfer wondering the 5th corridor.” He replied. So that was his name she thought Chairen. As the man walked towards her. She studied his features strong: Strong jaw line, high cheek bones she thought not bad, not bad at all. As the boy came closer she found a strange feeling inside her mind, realising that he was trying to use legimency on her she slammed down her barriers and gave the boy a smug look. The boy raised an eyebrow and held out his hand. “Good evening, I’m Tom Riddle.” Hermione fell to the floor, thinking about how such a handsome boy could turn into such a monster.

When she awoke everything was swaying and her left side felt like hell. She could hear voices around her and the flickering lights of the corridors. “Thank goodness she’s awake don’t worry Miss Delacour.” Said a young voice. That’s right I fainted when I saw…him Hermione started struggling and twisting and turning trying to get out of the future Dark Lords grasp. “Let go off me!” she yelled realising her attempts to release herself were not working. “Don’t worry Miss Delacour I will gladly put you down when we reach the infirmary.” Riddle said in a patronizing voice. Hermione was so tired she could do little more than obey his orders.

“Madame Pince, Madame Pince!” Riddle called walking into the infirmary at an alarmingly quick pace. “What is it dear?” Madame said noticing the girl Riddle was holding “Come, put her on the bed.” The moment Hermione was placed on the bed she was determined to think of a way to scare Riddle. Of course I will pretend to be a Seer and say something like give the message to the heir of Slytherin that will set him in his place she thought. This was proven to be a lot harder than it looked to get Riddle by himself. Finally after what seemed like ages he was just sitting on the bed staring at her time to put my plan into action she thought. She sat up, startling Riddle however he immediately tried to cover up his shock. “How are you feeling?” Hermione stared at him and made her eyes look glassy, she cocked her head to the side, took a deep breath and began. “The message, Give him the message. The Heir of Slytherin he must know, Tell Voldemort he must know,” She said in husky, trance like voice. She looked at him waiting for his reaction, watching him as multiple emotions flickered across his face. That’s right Voldemort squirm she thought. Thinking that that was enough she got out of the bed, transfigured her hospital gown into a skirt and blouse and asked Riddle to direct her to Professor Dumbledore’s office.

Walking down the hallways following Riddle was quite amusing. It was as if you could actually see the cogs in his head turning trying to figure out what Hermione had meant and how to get the ‘message’ out of her. When they came to the Dumbledore’s office he held the door open as she walked in, flashing him a smirk. As Hermione walked through the office she found that it had all of the things that would be in the headmaster’s office in the future. Sighing as memories flooded back she gently pushed them away not wanting to think about it. Just as she was about to pick up a book she heard a cough behind her. As she turned she came face to face with Professor Dumbledore. “Miss Delacour I presume,” he said looking at her.

“Yes sir, I have a letter for you from you, which is meant to be given to you…. But it’s too confusing just take it.” Hermione said taking a letter from behind her back and handing it to Dumbledore.

Hermione watched him patiently waiting for his response, finally he spoke. “Well it seems that my future self has a lot of trust in you and that you are perfect for the job of making Mr Riddle fall in love with you,” he said eyeing her.

“That’s right…. Wait make him fall in love with me, where does it say that?” Hermione shrieked snatching the letter from Dumbledore’s hands. After a few moments of silence she gave him back the letter. “May I ask how you will achieve this?” Dumbledore enquired.

“I will be myself, no relationship starts on a lie,” Hermione said however I already pretended to be a Seer so that ruins my plan she thought. “Well okay good luck but I must warn you, you have a long road ahead of you.”

“Thankyou sir I am well aware of that,” Hermione said turning to the door.

“By the way, have Tom escort you to Headmaster Dippet’s office for a sorting, Mr Riddle is outside waiting for you.” Hermione sighed and walked out of the office to find Tom standing there.

“Can I help you?” Hermione asked

“Well since you did faint last time you were with me, we don’t want that to happen again so I took the liberty of watching over you today.” Riddle said with a smirk. Lovely Hermione thought.

“Alright you need to take me to Dippet’s office for a sorting.” She said coldly walking away from him.

Tom briskly walked after her, “How do you know where his office is?” Hermione froze shoot she thought. “Umm just assumed, and it seemed I was right,” she said nervously averting her eyes.

“Right,” Tom said suspiciously “Anyway here we are. It was a pleasure meeting you Miss Delacour I hope you enjoy your time here at Hogwarts.” He turned around and walked away leaving here at a statue of a gargoyle. Not knowing the password Hermione knocked. Almost instantly the gargoyle spun upwards revealing a flight of stairs. Climbing the stairs quickly Hermione realized how nervous she actually was. Sighing she braced herself for the worst and walked towards the stool where the hat and Headmaster Dippet were waiting. She sat on the stool and the hat was placed on her head. Ahh, a time traveller now where should I put you? You were put in Gryffindor but it seems that you have developed the true characteristics for another house. Well I can’t put you in Gryffindor again so it better be “SLYTHERIN!”

Shocked Hermione hopped off the stool not being able to wrap her mind around the thought that she belonged in Slytherin with Voldemort. Hermione looked at Headmaster Dippet for help but was just given several sets of the uniform, her timetable and the location and password of the Slytherin. Hermione still shocked with the hats decision left the office in silence and made her way down to the dungeons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.9K 33
When Hermione goes back to Hogwarts to finish her seventh year, a certain blond decides to come back as well. Why? for Hermione, he told her he's cha...
54.1K 1.1K 16
TOMIONE/DRAMIONE FANFICTION (EDITING) __________ The world has gotten darker ever since Lord Voldemort's return was confirmed, and Harry Potter must...
1.9K 293 9
❝ but if I choose the darkness instead? ❞ The rise and the fall of Tom Marvolo Riddle.
29.3K 1K 28
My take on a harry goes back to fix things fic. When Harry accidentally breaks his wand he is engulfed in Phoenix flames and finds himself back in ol...