Poker | Jikook |

Por Sincerely_Jikook

"A little game won't hurt... Right?" Jeon Jungkook is a struggling Twenty-One year old college stud... Más

Chapter 1: The club
Chapter 2: Unbeatable
Chapter 3: Texas hold 'em
Chapter 4: Necklace
Chapter 5: Play by the game
Chapter 6: Rules
Chapter 7: A tough choice
Chapter 8: Text
Chapter 9: Can't neglect it
Chapter 10: Decided
Chapter 11: A-game
Chapter 12: Winning hands
Chapter 13: A wild card
Chapter 14: Light-headed
Chapter 15: A change of tone
Chapter 16: A thought
Chapter 17: Never far
Chapter 18: The isolated man
Chapter 19: A complicated feeling
Chapter 20: Sails
Chapter 21: Hold close
Chapter 22: Someone new
Chapter 24: One of a kind
Chapter 25: A big heart
Chapter 26: A true friend
Chapter 27: 'Pure'
Chapter 28: I know you
Chapter 29: Skyscraper
Chapter 30: Punishment
Chapter 31: Subtle
Chapter 32: Attatched
Chapter 33: Glistening smiles
Chapter 34: The perfect bet
Chapter 35: My feelings for you
Chapter 36: Bets to the blind
Chapter 37: Two of a kind
Chapter 38: Distraction
Chapter 39: A pure body~
Chapter 40: Entwined~
Chapter 41: Connection
Chapter 42: Medications
Chapter 43: My limit
Chapter 44: Stargazing
Chapter 45: Playful
Chapter 46: Sting
Chapter 47: Speculations
Chapter 48: Car ride
Chapter 49: Poker Kings
Chapter 50: The Fox's prey
Chapter 51: A Game changer
Chapter 52: Punish me~
Chapter 53: Playing rough~
Chapter 54: Purple suit
Chapter 55: Fustrating tears
Chapter 56: Like a bomb
Chapter 57: Ask
Chapter 58: The thought that counts
Chapter 59: The Wolf's threat
Chapter 60: The slightest doubt
Chapter 61: Anxious
Chapter 62: A first impression
Chapter 63: Like karma
Chapter 64: Negative vibes
Chapter 65: On the inside
Chapter 66: Shattered
Chapter 67: My heart still beats
Chapter 68: Deep wounds
Chapter 69: Heartaches
Chapter 70: It gets worst
Chapter 71: This is reality
Chapter 72: By demand
Chapter 73: Show no weakness
Chapter 74: Playing the Devil's game
Chapter 75: Bullets
Chapter 76: The tears I've cried
Chapter 77: A peaceful place
Chapter 78: Our journey ahead (FINALE)

Chapter 23: The folded card

6.1K 536 167
Por Sincerely_Jikook

            "Oh... Jimin, I-I... am your friend, right?" Jungkook asked as Jimin smiled as he got out of the bathroom with his grey dresspants on. "If we are friends.. You don't have to be lonely from now on.."

           "Of course you're my friend, Jungkook!" Jimin called out with a smile. "But I'm going to need you to clean around here. Be extremely careful with my bottled boats." Jimin advised the younger as Jungkook nodded, still holding the folded card right by his side.

           "Understood." Jungkook replied, watching Jimin put on his shoes, take out his suitcase for work and adjust his shades over his eyes. "Go well." Jungkook added, watching the older man walk out of the room, waving and leaving Jungkook all alone afterwards. The younger waited until he heard the elevator doors open and close as soon as Jimin left. "D-Did he cheat just to get me here with him?!" Jungkook thought and stood up quickly. "Ah, he's out of his mind if he thinks he will cheat just to win me over! Who does that? Why did he choose me over everyone?" Jungkook raised his voice as he walked out in the living room, listening to nothing but the calm water of the pond.

            Jungkook was confused, he felt furious and a bit betrayed due to what Jimin did. It seemed like Jimin cheated and Jungkook knew this by now. It was obvious. "Y-You're no friend of mine... What type of man does he think he is?! Taking off his shirt infront of me and asking me if I like it?! Ah, and I looked back at him... I may feel attracted to the same gender, but I don't want to move any closer to someone who lies to keep me in their grasp! What makes me so special?"  Jungkook raised his voice while he folded his arms and walked to the kitchen to retrieve the broom. "I don't even want to clean..." Jungkook sighed as he started to sweep the floors.

         The younger did complain about not wanting to clean, but then again, how could he let Jimin down like that? It was at that moment, Jungkook was confused on what he felt towards the situation. In his mind, Jimin cheated in order to win. No wonder Jungkook knew something was off when Jimin held a winning hand of 'Full house' this card that was rolled up, was a 'King' card used to match up with an extra card to make a pair of the same 'King' suit.

           The whole day, Jungkook remained cleaning, following Jimin's wishes either way because he still feared what Jimin might do if Jungkook disobeyed him. While Jungkook was cleaning, the boy suddenly stopped wiping the counter top of the kitchen and gazed up at his phone that he placed ontop of the counter, by the coffee machine. Only then the boy got an idea.

          "I hope he doesn't mind me calling him... I just can't help but to wonder if he did lie.... Did he? He couldn't... Right? Ah, Jimin doesn't seem like a guy who would do this. Atleast in my world." Jungkook thought, picking up the phone to finally ask Jimin. Deep down, Jungkook just hoped Jimin meant no harm and didn't mean any of this at all.

          Meanwhile, Jimin was in the cubicle in his office, going through pages of work as he bit his lip softly, gazing at the paper and typing numbers down in his calculator. In his small workplace, Jimin had a clear bottled boat near his dark grey MacBook laptop, folders of paperwork, a cup of coffee and a muffin by his office telephone and his own cellphone.

          "Hi Jimin!!" Said a happy, handsome tall guy with his name tag that read 'Kim Taehyung'. His eyes were dark brown, v-lined shaped jaw, messy blonde hair, circle-golden glasses and a grey and white suit for work. His attire was sharp and handsome yet his face gave off the tough work and lack of sleep look. But he still worked through it all.

            "What do you want?" Jimin asked, starting to fill out a forum. It would be rare someone would talk to him at work and Taehyung seemed to be the first one to do so.

            "I just wanted to give you a nice welcome to this job! You just started a few days ago.. and I think it's impressive that someone like you would score an actual job here at a young age while you're still in college! I'm an intern here so-"

            "Hey!" Shouted a man from down the hall, pulling the cart of mail. The man was around Jimin's height, pale and always gave such a blank and sleepy look. His badge read 'Min Yoongi' and this man was older than the two, he had jet black hair and wore a white dress shirt tucked into his black dress pants with his sleeves were rolled up.

            "Hi, Yoongi!" Taehyung smiled as Yoongi gave Taehyung a sour look.

            "Stop flirting and get to work. You know how Mr. Kim Namjoon would get if he see's his intern playing around in the office." Yoongi claimed as he glanced at Jimin and back at Taehyung. "Stop bothering Jimin, Taehyung. You never wanted to talk to him before so move along. Nothing to see here!" Yoongi said, pushing the cart forward as he pushed the young intern away from Jimin's cubicle.

           Jimin scoffed as he suddenly erased his work he wrote down, realizing he was writing Jungkook's name over the forum. Then Jimin shredded the page while he looked up to see the co-worker and intern pushing eachother around time to time. While Jimin was writing on another forum, his phone began to ring as he quickly picked it up, knowing it would be Jungkook since the boy was the only one who would call Park Jimin.

              "Hello?" Jimin answered holding the phone up to his ear with his shoulder while he kept writing on the document.

             "Jimin... I'm sorry for bothering you at work. I just wanted to speak with you. It's important." Jungkook said as he was at the penthouse, sitting by the pond of water. Realizing there was small antique, floating boats on the pond.

              "Yeah, of course. Not like my job matters anyways." Jimin replied sarcastically, hearing Jungkook let out a short giggle. "What do you want?"

              "I... Well, I don't know how to put this but... Did you... Cheat on our Poker game?" Jungkook wondered, hearing Jimin grow silent. Suddenly the boy hoped it was nothing but a misunderstanding. But, that wasn't the real reason why Jimin was silent. "Jimin...?

            "You think I cheated to win you? You think I did that?" Jimin asked, sounding like he was going to raise his tone."

            "J-Just a question, Jimin!"

            "Ah, who am I to argue? You're right. But I'm not considered as a cheater. I think I was playing to win the prize. Wouldn't you think so too?" Jimin then chuckled, no longer raising his tone at the truth.

            "How long have you been cheating..?"

            "CAN YOU STOP s-saying I was cheating?" Jimin died down his tone as Jungkook flinched and held up the phone to his ear in worry. "No! I never cheat on other rounds... Just this game with you, I had to take extra measures."

            "So... You were cheating?" Jungkook asked as Jimin pulled the phone away to growl at the burst of anger flowing through him.

            "No. Are you cleaning?"

              "Yes, Jimin... But I-"

             "Good, that's all that matters. Don't bother me again." Jimin said as he hanged up on the younger. Leaving Jungkook to reflect on Jimin's behavior that changed multiple times. Jungkook absolutely hated how angry Jimin would get from small things like the word 'cheating' it made Jungkook grow confused.

         As the younger sighed and placed his phone down, he recieved a text message from Jimin afterwards. Making Jungkook stare at the screen, gazing at the message show up on his lock screen.

_______________________________________________♦Park Jimin♠__________

♦Park Jimin♠:
I'm sorry I'm just
stressed from work.
That's all Anyways,
I'm not coming home
on time. Don't wait for
me. I'll be out gambling.
This should give you enough
time to clean up and do
what ever you please.
See you tomorrow morning.

♦Park Jimin♠
P.S feel free to sleep
in my room until I get you
yours. Just don't take up
all my space on the bed.
____________________________________

           Jungkook felt slightly better after reading over the text messages Jimin sent afterwards and the younger knew this was a way of Jimin worrying about the boy. This alone was enough to make Jungkook blush due to how much Jimin would care to actually send a message after an argument over the phone.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

639K 29.7K 85
{Completed} "I love you bun. Isn't it kind of amazing how a person who was once a stranger can suddenly mean the world to you" - Taehyung "Indeed it...
49.2K 2.9K 19
When I learned that my parents had sold me into marriage to pay off my twin sister's debts, I was in no way surprised. They'd taken everything else...
176K 7.8K 41
**Since this was my first book, the starting chapters has some mistakes but later their will be mature contents, swearing, cursing and so on** In whi...
806K 43.2K 128
"Jungk-ook, y-you c-can't do this to m-me...." Jimin stutters while controlling his tears that are ready to flow on his pink cheek's. "Jiminiee, I ca...