His Blue ✓

By MalibuGardner

Indie Jasper is a shy, unknown writer. Anson Fischart is the school's pretty boy. Indie is not popular by an... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
1| Class with the QB
2| Paradox
3| Breach of privacy
4| Blue
5| Lonesome swan
6| Don't do emotions
7| A man's pride
8| Not ashamed
9| Friday night lights
11| Roofie
12| Crumble
13| Amends
14| You are different
15| Not the type
16| Movie date
17| Distrust
18| Seven minutes in heaven
19| Tears
20| Meet Dad
21| Knuckles
22| Fortune Cookie
23| Muse
24| Impressment
25| Wet
26| After kissing
27| Concession confession
28| Safeguarded
29| Forget
30| Placeholder
31| Partners
32| To those who wait
33| Rejection
34| Bluer
35| Avoidance
36| Locked in
37| Letterman jacket
38| Girls' night w/ Anson
39| Family
40| Panic! At the football game
41| Causes
42| Unexpected hug
43| Self-defense
44| Engagement
45| Champagne caresses
46| Explosion
47| Broken home
48| Want
49| Thanksgiving
50| Between the sheets
51| Intensive Care Unit
52| Shattered
53| Argument
54| A second time
55| Christmas gift
author's ending note
my other work

10| Drowsiness

51K 1.7K 1.2K
By MalibuGardner

     "You're amazing at this!"

     Travis laughs loudly and spins me around in a circle. I can't believe myself but inside... I'm actually having a great time.

     As the song comes to an end, Travis does some jazz hands for his 'grand finale', and I laugh into his chest.

     We danced to like 5 songs- wow, time flies.

     "You wanna take a break?" Travis calls to me and I nod. I don't want sore feet tomorrow.

     We walk away from the stage laughing and Travis leads me into the kitchen.

     "Want a drink?" He smirks, looking at the beer and champagne on the counters.

     I don't drink.

     "Come on." He persuades. "Let me play bartender tonight."

     I laugh at his outgoing nature. I totally have better judgement than this, but what the heck? One drink couldn't hurt.

     "I've always wanted to try champagne." I said honestly.

     "Such a girl." He winks. "I like it."

     I giggle and ignore the people pushing past me.

     Travis turns and starts fixing drinks, giving me time to scan the room. I suddenly spot Anson in the corner.

     His hands are around the waist of a curly-headed blonde. His tongue is definitely down her throat.

     For some reason, I feel disappointment settle down into the pit of my stomach, and I sigh.

     It's been a really long time. I look at Travis. How long does it take for him to fix a drink?

     His back is turned to me, so I can't see what he's doing, but I assume it's a 'bartender surprise'.

     Finally, he turns and hands me my drink.

     I take it politely, and watch him smile at me. "Cheers." He says, clinking the red solo cup against mine.

     I feel awkward about drinking the drink, so I take a few gulps to be polite.

That wasn't so bad.

     I put the cup down on the counter and look at Travis, who does the same.

     "Thanks for the drink." I say and Travis murmurs an acknowledgement.

     I gaze over to the corner, and notice that Anson is gone. Probably with 'Marissa'. A funny feeling takes over me, and I shake it away. Looking back to Travis, I yawn.

     "What time is it?"

     He trains his dark eyes on his watch. "12:30 am."

     Dang! I should probably start trying to find Anson. I need to get home before it's too late.. or early.

It's past midnight, so would it be late or early?

     I yawn again- moving on from my small word-choice dilemma. Travis smiles and takes my hand. "You tired already?"

     Now that I think about it..

     "Yeah." I admit. "But tonight was so fun. We should do it again."

     Travis smiles. "Aw, don't say you're gonna leave me now." He makes a pouty face. "We has so much fun."

His dark eyes seem to have a sinister look for a moment. I blink and he looks at me normally again.

     "Stay with me for a little longer." He pleads, grasping my hand and pulling me through the home with him. I slowly blink and try to make out where he's taking me.

    "Are you finding Anson?" I murmur.

     Wait, why would he be finding Anson up here? I stumble behind Travis, I can feel myself growing sleepier by the minute.

     I never knew alcohol hit so fast. I would be alarmed, but I'm quickly losing control over my motor skills.

     I yawn and Travis opens a bedroom door.

     "What are you doing, Travis?" I slur. My lips seem heavier than normal. Not to mention my feet seem slower...

     "Lay down and sleep here." Travis says from somewhere in front of me.

     I sit on the bed without thinking. The room around me is dark, and I know I'll be asleep soon. Suddenly, large hands push me onto my back against the pillow top mattress that I am sitting on.

     "This is soft." I close my eyes. I feel warm air on my cheek.

     "Mmmhmm." A voice cooes somewhere next to me.

The last thing I feel are someone's hands on my face.

     In an instant, everything is black.

••••••••••

     "Indie! Indie wake up!"

     A harsh voice is loud in my ear, I feel my body being shaken violently and I open my eyes.

     I'm looking at water- no- I'm looking at Anson's eyes.

     They're wide and I suddenly become aware of how his fingers are digging into my arms as he shakes me.

Ow!

     I notice his lip is bleeding and I reach up and wipe the blood away.

     "Who hurt you?" The words tumble off my lips slower than I meant them to. My face wears a puzzled expression.

Someone hurt Anson?

     He sighs loudly in relief I assume, and pulls me to sit up on my own.

     "We've got to go, Blue. Now." His voice is still urgent.

     I look around and try to remember what we are doing here in a strange bedroom.

Did I come up here with Anson?

     "Anson what's going on?"

   "Get up." His voice is deep and demanding. I try to stand but feel dizzy as soon as I do.

     "Oh shit." He curses, catching me in his arms. "You're too drowsy."

     I frown. "That's -"

     "I'll carry you." He says quickly, picking me up and wrapping my legs around him.

     What's the rush?

     I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulders as he carries me out of the room and downstairs.

     The loudness out here grates against my ears. I cover them in surprise and notice that a lot of people are leaving like us.

     I yawn and nuzzle against Anson. Warmth emanates from his strong body and I feel protected in his grasp- though my head is pounding.

     I barely can tell that we are going down stairs, his grasp on me is unwavering.

     When he puts me in his car, I frown at the loss of his body heat. I notice he is talking frantically on the phone to someone.

    He finally hangs up, halfway down the road, and now he cusses in anger. I'm not sure why-

     "It's okay." I reach out and touch his hand. "You don't need bad words. I'm here."

     He looks at me and I can almost see his heart melt, though I'm not sure why. He grasps my small hand with his large one.

     I blink slowly and close my eyes.

     "I'm taking you to my house, Okay?" He says to me. "Eva will cook you some soup and we will try to get this under control."

Under control?

     "I'm so sorry this happened Indie." His voice cracks. I can feel him squeeze my hand harder. It starts to hurt.

     I pull away without opening my eyes. "Owie." 

     "Sorry." He instantly apologizes.

     Wait what is he talking about again? I can't remember..

     I yawn and suddenly feel sick to my stomach.

     I open my eyes. "Anson I don't feel good."

     "Try to hold it in for a second."

     I slide in my seat as he pulls over quickly and opens the door for me.

     I feel myself hurling and hear Anson curse again.

     "God, you're such a mess, Blue."

OH MY GOODNESS! what a crazy chapter that was. If you enjoyed it make sure you vote and comment. I'm sure you've got a million questions right now. I know I have some for you all:

Do you think you know what happened to Indie at the party?

Should Travis be trusted after this?

I want to say your questions will be answered soon, but I won't be updating until this weekend. I'm going to start updating 1 chapter a week like I've been saying, to get this book on a more regular upload schedule.

To be notified of updates, make sure you've added His Blue to your reading lists.

Talk to you soon!

~ Malibu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 52.6K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
Madam Mafia By Nana

Teen Fiction

13.5M 353K 88
Rose Amor is the school nerd. She wears big black glasses and keeps her long black hair in a ponytail. She stays out of drama and keeps to herself. S...
1.7M 59K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's- well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds ou...
1.5M 34.8K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...