The King's Assassin (B×B) [Bo...

By Squidtcyc

"Eat." I ordered as I pressed the spoon against his lips but in return, earned a cold glare from him. Before... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Alternate ending

Chapter 22

4.7K 187 28
By Squidtcyc

Sorry for the late update. I'm feeling extremely uninspired and school has started so I don't have much time either. So ya...

Btw, question for ya'll. Happy or Sad Ending? Or both?

Jessica's POV:

"Amerie dear?" I called out softly, poking my head into the playroom where the little angel is sleeping in. She's so precious! She loves sleeping on the large beanbag there so the playroom which was once Lucifer's is now as good as her own.

" *yawns*... Yes Grannie?" She yawned out groggily, rubbing her eyes while hugging a bunny soft toy which she had named as Mr Bun.

"For you." I smiled widely while handing her a present which she took it hesitantly with wide eyes before tearing the wrapping off carefully and neatly, as if afraid to damage whatever is inside. Upon seeing the gift, a warm smile formed on her lips as she stared down at the gift with tears started rolling down her face. Oh dear. Does she not like it? The saleswoman said that little girls will like these though.... Did she trick me? I wonder if I can still get an exchange or refund. Sitting down cross-legged before her, I lifted her head up gently before tenderly wiping her tears away from her beautiful face. This feels so memorable. I remember doing this to Lucifer everytime he fell when he was still learning how to walk. Funny thing is, after comforting him, he'll stand up again and whack the floor, blaming that it caused him to fall, before trying to walk again. He was such an adorable kid then.

"What's wrong, my love?" Her tears soon stopped as she beamed up at me with closed eyes.

"N-Nothing wrong Grannie. T-Thank you Grannie. No one ever buy Amerie a present." Amerie clutched her new stuffed toys tightly to her chest as a bright smile plastered on her face permanently.

"Have your parents never bought you anything for your birthday?"

"Amerie say no need! Mummy daddy say no money so for Amerie birthday we eat pancakes! Pancakes and icing sugar!" She beamed at the memories yet part of me felt like crying. Usually if kids hear their parents say that, they'll throw a fuss and be a brat but not this angel. She understood her parents situation and was contented with what she've received. She's really a jem to have.

"Would you like to have pancakes now? You can add whatever you want." I suggested with a wink to her, making her snap her head up at me with a 100-watt beam on her face.

"Really?!" She asked excitedly while jumping up to her tiny feet with the soft toys in her clutches, as if unable to belief that I was suggesting that to her.

"Yup! So shall we?" Reaching out to help her up, she placed all her toys down before reaching her hand out to grab mine but pulled away quickly to twirl her fingers together while looking down at her feet.

"Um... Grannie?"

"Yes love?"

"C-Can we ask Lucy to join us? Lucy looks sad... he loves daddy so I don't want him to be sad..." Lucy? Oh. Lucifer... sigh... that boy hasn't been out from his room for the past month unless it's to go to the toilet or to visit Kai. To see him like this really pains my heart. Hopefully, the Heavens will hear my daily prayer and let Kai wake up soon. There hasn't been any signs of showing when Kai will wake up but I feel that it'll be soon. I believe in Kai.

Kai... is practically family to us. It pains me to see Kai in a coma and Lucifer looking depressed. He may be an assassin from another land but one can never understand how love works. He makes Lucifer happy and that's all that matters. It feels strange not seeing him torture Lucifer. Yet despite being not treated like a King by Kai, Lucifer always wore a bright smile on his face. He's fallen so deeply in love with Kai, I can't imagine how bad Lucifer must be suffering right now.

"Of course. Why don't you go and call him then? He's on the 6rd floor, the last door on the right."

"Okie Grannie!" She nodded eagerly before dashing off and up the stairs.

She's so precious...

Eros's POV:

Kai...

Kai.....

Wake up Kai...

Feeling a light nudge, I opened my eyes lazily to see Lucifer looking down at me as my head laid on his lap. The bright sun shone down on my face as I squinted my eyes to take a look at our surroundings. Beautiful... red roses surrounded us as a hint of sweetness filled the air. It feels like I'm living a dream.

"Morning Kai." Lucifer said softly as he ran his fingers through my long ercu locks while leaning back slightly.

"Morning Satan. Where are we?"

"Hmm... I wonder. In hell maybe since I'm Satan."

"Is that so? Then hell may not be a bad place after all."

"I missed you Kai... I really miss you. I missed seeing your smile, I missed hearing your laughter and I also miss you bickering with me." He said with distant eyes as he stared out longingly at the valley, tears rolling down his beautifully sculptured face.

"Aren't you seeing me now? Why will you miss me then?" I let out a short chuckle at his words but he didn't seem to hear what I said as he just continued to stare at the abyss of roses.

"I love you, Kai. I really do. Please wake up for me... I beg you." His voice sounded so broken as more tears flowed down his face like an endless stream.

"I'm already awake, Lucifer. What are you talking about? Snap out of it Lucifer!" Scrambling up to my feet in worry, I shook his shoulders in an attempt to wake him up from his daze but to no avail. Instead, his shoulders started to glow faintly before turning into soft balls of glow, dissipating as the light breeze blew. No no no. What's happening to him? Why is he disappearing?!

"Lucifer!" I reached out to grab him once again but my hand simply passed through his glowing body like he's a ghost. This can't be happening. This can't be happening!

"I love you, Kai... I love you..." With his last words, his body fully disappeared. The landscape started to shake violently, the sky turned stormy black as loud thunders boomed. The once beautiful land started to crack and split as the once beautiful red roses started to rot and decompose. Why is this happening? Why?!

I have to get back to Lucifer. I have to. I want to see him once more. I want-

To my oblivion, the ground below me suddenly split as I felt myself falling into an endless dark pit. The ground above me started to seal, as if they're trying to bury me. I can't breathe. It's suffocating and dark. I want to see him once more. I want to be with him till the end. I don't want him to leave me.

Am I being greedy? Am I being selfish? Is it too much to ask for?

Ne... Lucifer?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59.2K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
5.3M 174K 69
Black Moon Series Book #1 Warning: Mature content, graphic language, gay, polyamorous French food is my healthy pleasure. Sex is my stress-relief ple...
423K 10.8K 12
It was now nighttime and I returned to my room which was very dark. The curtains were closed, strange I'm sure it was open this morning... Whatever...
2M 69.6K 39
"Sorry, Sir! I'm really sorry!" The small figure apologised repeatedly as he stood frozen in his spot. "It's alright. Are you okay?" I stared down in...