All of the Stars

By AllieWriting

Kylo Ren was a monster. A murderer, a beast... This you were sure of. In a life where you had woken up on the... More

Part 1: Encounter
Part 2: Vexation
Part 3: Misconceive
Part 4: Shock
Part 5: Desideratum
Part 6: Beholden
Part 7: Perform
Part 8 : Distant
Part 9 : Magnificent
Part 10: Speechless
Part 11 : Despondent
Part 12: Revive
Part 13: Reverberation
Part 14: Ruthless
Part 15: Hope
Part 16: Proximate
Part 17: Honest
Part 18: Outset
Part 19: Arrival
Part 20: Battle
Part 21: Agony
Part 22: Saviour
Part 23: Together
Part 24: Fragmented
Part 25: Blow
Part 26: Love
Part 27: Intimacy
Part 28: Discovery
Part 29: Welcome
Part 30: Shift
Part 31: Anger
Part 32: Doubt
Part 34: Adrenaline
Part 35: Mystery
Part 36: Greeting
Part 37: Lavish
Part 38: Bolted
Part 39: Unrequited
Part 40: Connection
Part 41: Unravel
Part 42: Suffering
Part 43: Determination
Part 44: Quell
Part 45: Resolute
Part 46: Quarrel
Part 47: Cracks
Part 48: Vivid
Part 49: Presence
Part 50: End
Part 51: Epilogue

Part 33: Shining

2.6K 83 14
By AllieWriting

Kylo's eyes were wide, reflecting the tree's burning limbs in them through the darkness.

Ash was beginning to rain down onto the island, like snowflakes they fell slowly, kissing the grass on their impact.

"What does he mean, Kylo?" Rey turns to Kylo, her arms crossed, shivering.

Luke smiles, his eyes soft as he watched Rey confront Kylo.

"Kylo is about to do the one thing that will defeat the First Order." He says, turning back to watch the flames lick the sky. "We haven't got all night." 

Kylo took an unsteady step forward, his eyes fixed on Luke. 

"What do you mean?" Rey demanded, her eyes widening slightly as she also took a step forward. 

"Rey." Finn's voice came, and Rey turned her head, her eyes instantly drawn to his.

Finn reaches out and pulled Rey back gently, his eyes also trained on Luke.

Luke glanced at Finn and bowed his head slightly in thanks, before looking to Kylo.

Kylo had now moved in front of Luke, his shoulders were slightly hunched as he stared at Luke's lined face, confusion clouding his eyes. 

Luke stood, reaching out his hands, the flames of the tree framing them in a dark shadow. He gave a tiny, almost missable smile.

The fire danced over Luke's metal hand, creating twisting and rolling patterns that mesmerize you.

Uncertain, Kylo took his hands, his eyes dark.

Luke gazed around at the group, meeting each face, before focussing on the tree again. 

"When you are done, leave immediately," Luke asked his eyes still trained on the tree.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, relaxing his shoulders.

"Please." He asked Kylo, his voice quiet. 

You frowned slightly but stood back, watching the exchange.

Kylo closed his eyes and bowed his head, his hair falling over his face. 

Slowly, you had to blink to be sure of what you were seeing, Luke's skin started to glow. 

Like a light within was burning as brightly as a sun, Luke's skin got brighter and brighter, his body almost unable to be seen as the light halo surrounding him.

You shielded your eyes, still able to see Kylo, his dark clothing a contrast to Luke's ever brightening shape.

Rey tries to take a step forward, you turn your head quickly, the sudden motion gaining your attention. Finn wraps his arms around her shoulders, holding her tightly. 

The sound on the island seemed to have disappeared, you watched Rey scream, her eyes wide and filled with tears, but no sound reached your ears.

You watched in confusion, Rey was screaming for a reason you couldn't pin, Kylo was doing as Luke had asked. And Luke was going to be alright.

The light spread, further and further, reaching out and illuminating the cliffs around the trees, the grass waving in a wind that had disappeared.

The shape shifted, and you managed to focus clearer. Luke's hands still grasped Kylo's. Kylo had his eyes screwed shut, but he seemed calm.

Suddenly, your ears felt an intense pressure, the shape became Luke again, engulfed in burning white, you watched in horror as he threw his head back and screamed. The unexpected sound made you cover your ears, flinching in shock. 

Luke's burning face was screaming in agony, his hands tightly on Kylo's. 

And then as abruptly as his scream had started it ended. Like an explosion happening in slow motion, the Light was drawn back in, but instead of drawing back to Luke, it came to Kylo. 

Kylo took a step back, the Light engulfing him and then disappearing inside him. 

The sudden absence of the burning luminescence made your eyes take a second to adjust, when they did you saw Kylo, crouching on the dewy grass and bent over a body.

His eyes glowed white for a second, and then, like the last trace of Luke's Force, it disappeared.

In his arms lay Luke, his face pale, but the agony was gone. 

Kylo was holding him in his arms, his eyes wide as he stared at him. 

Finn grasped onto Rey tighter, but now you could hear her screams, they were hoarse and quiet.

You watched, as if the world was suddenly much slower, Rey struggling at a speed that would never let her break her bonds. Kylo's eyes filling with tears as he watched Luke in his arms, the tree's flames burning brightly, but nothing in comparison to the Light that had just fled from Luke.

You watched as Luke raised his hand to Kylo's cheek, so slowly it seemed to take a lifetime, but you knew life was not what was occurring here.

Luke's thumb wiped away a tear, one you hadn't noticed fall. 

In the sudden silence of the night, apart from the strangled sobs of Rey, you watched Luke's mouth move for the last time.

"Thank you, Ben." His voice was calm, and his blue eyes trained on Kylo's who nodded.

You watched as Luke's bright blue eyes closed for the last time, and he became limp in Kylo's arms.

Luke Skywalker was dead.

Finn seemed frozen, Rey burst from his immobile arms, darting towards Luke.

Kylo's eyes remained fixed on Luke. But as Rey approached he looked up, he lay down Luke, letting him rest in front of the burning tree.

Rey crouched beside him and let tears stream down her face, but you didn't notice her, instead, you gazed at Kylo, waiting for him to meet your eyes.

He stumbled back a few steps and you ran forwards to meet him, propping him up on your shoulder.

"We have to go..." He murmured, blinking slowly.

You turned back to look at Rey.

"What do we do?" You question, watching her body trembling with her sobs.

"We have to mourn later... I don't know how long we have..." Kylo's heart was beating fast, but his words were slow.

You glanced at Finn, who nodded and jogged up to Rey, gently bringing her away from Luke's lifeless body.

"I didn't... I didn't know it would kill him..." Kylo said, his eyes fully focused on yours in the darkness. 

You stop and gaze at Kylo, placing your hand on his jaw. As you stared at him you concealed your tear-filled eyes.

"He wanted this." You spoke to him, nodding your head. It was the truth.

Kylo nodded slowly. Sobering up.

"We need to leave." He increased his pace, you kept up with him, worry clouding your thoughts as he closed himself off. But he was right.

You made it back down to the huts quickly, Tyler and Poe waited outside, both with worry creasing their faces as they watched you return holding Kylo and Finn carrying a despondent Rey.

"We need to get to the ship." Kylo said, continuing to walk down the path.

"What's going on?" Poe asked, his forehead creased.

"Wait!" You stopped and Kylo also did, staring back at you, breaking out of his daze. "We need Poe to pilot." 

Kylo's eyes widen. He takes quick steps to Poe and holds out his hand.

The light comes faster and quicker than it did in the other two times you had watched it, Kylo's face held almost no emotion, however, as he watched the light wrap around Poe's eyes and enter.

He stepped away quickly and kept walking, you turned once you had seen Tyler was taking care of Poe and jogged up to meet Kylo.

"Kylo, are you okay?" You ask, broaching a subject you knew he didn't want to talk about.

Kylo froze in the middle of the path down to the ocean, his back turned to you. The suns were starting to rise, appearing over the horizon and casting a glow over the planet, in front of you a dark cloud of smoke moved across the sky.

"I just murdered my uncle." He said, his voice hollow. "I am going to kill Snoke next." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 15.4K 152
COMPLETED ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ " A strange path, you have decided to follow." It had all started because o...
162K 3.1K 23
[WARNING: this book contains dark and graphic elements. proceed with much caution!] you're deviant, intelligent, and sharp-tongued. you'd do anything...
45.5K 1.2K 19
Both the Supreme Leader of the First Order and the General of the Resistance are desperate to find you for very different reasons. Supreme Leader Sno...
2K 86 22
The First Order arrives to your home planet. Your life gets flipped upside down when you are chosen to be Kylo's bride. Your heart aches, you fear y...