It's Gotta Be You

By 1Directioner13

Gracie Dixon has been spending the two years working on her career as a singer. With her debut album about to... More

Synopsis
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-

-11-

3.8K 56 2
By 1Directioner13

It had been a few days since we finished the concerts, and I still refused to speak to Liam. I had recorded the new song earlier today, and was now heading back to the hotel to pack for the next stop.

I walked into the hotel, finding Niall and Zayn leaving the hotel restaurant "Hey" 

They turned around, smiling at me.

"How was the studio?" Zayn asked, draping his arm on my shoulder.

"It was great"

Niall smiled at me and I smiled back.

"And let the flirting begin" Zayn said, shaking his head.

"Don't you have something else to do right now?" Niall asked, rolling his eyes.

We watched him walk to the elevator, leaving us behind.

"So what exactly helped you finish that song?"

"An idiot" I answered, coldly.

We took a seat in the lobby, both looking at one another.

"What happened between you and Liam? I mean, it seemed like things were changing between you two"

"I really don't want to say" I said, knowing that once I said it out loud it would actually be real.

He lifted my chin up "You can tell me anything"

"I just don't want to start anything"

"It can't be that bad"

"He kissed me" I whispered.

"He what?" 

"He kissed me, okay"

Niall sat back in his chair and looked rather mad "He kissed you?"

"Yes, now please don't make me say it again"

"But he's in a relationship"

"I know; like I said, an idiot inspired it"

"I'm sorry, Gracie"

I looked down "I just wish it didn't happen, because now all I want to do is relax and find some kind of distraction"

He smiled "Then let's find a distraction"

"Like what?"

"Why not take advantage of the private pool in your suite" he suggested.

I smiled "That actually sounds great"

We went to the elevator to head up to our rooms.

"So, I'll get changed and meet you at yours"

I nodded "Sounds good"

He got off on his floor, while I headed up to my own room, glad that I had gotten a new swimsuit before leaving. I had been wearing the same one for over a year and it was falling apart at this point. 

Once again, Jayme knew how to help me in ways that I didn't even anticipate.

As I went through my suitcase, I pulled out the black one piece and quickly changed into it. It suited my curves well and wasn't too obnoxious. 

There was a knock at the door and I quickly went to it, finding Niall there in his own swim trunks and a t-shirt. 

"Nice suit" he commented, walking pat me and looked around "You really did get a nice suite"

I closed the door and took his hand, leading him away "Wait til you see the courtyard"

His mouth dropped "Simon must really like you! We never got one of these"  

"Come on, lets get in" I said, walking into the pool. 

Niall followed after me "This is great" 

I smiled. "I know yesterday I spent a good two hours just laying out and enjoying everything about this place"

I went to the deep end and started floating 

"You know Liam's an idiot" he said, swimming up to me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Well he let go of an amazing girl like you" he said. 

I got down and faced him "So I'm amazing now?" 

"You're right, amazing isn't enough to describe you" he said. 

I felt a lump in my throat. Niall was flirting and what was weird is I was flirting back to. I swam behind him, smiling "Well you're pretty amazing yourself" 

He smiled and started to get closer, but I backed up. 

"I think I'm gonna call room service and order up some drinks" I said and swam up to the stairs and went inside. 

I went to the phone and ordered some drinks. I looked out the windows and saw Niall outside, swimming around. He really did look good. What am I saying, I'm not supposed to let feelings control my career. It makes me weak. I looked at Niall swim up from under the water. He had a very nice body and his eyes, his eyes were like staring into an ocean. 

I went to my bathroom and got a towel and dried myself off, then sat on my bed, staring out the patio doors. He was now leaning against one of the sides, looking around. Maybe Niall would be good for me. Allow me to finally move on. Prove that love still exists. 

I heard a knock on the door and I stood up and went to the living room and opened it. "Hi" the guy said. He carried in a tray with four glasses of lemonade. I led him to the courtyard and he put it on the table next to the pool. 

"Thanks" I said, smiling. 

He left and I took two glasses to the side Niall was sitting on. 

I sat on the edge, letting my legs stay in the water. 

Niall swam over to me, smiling. 

I handed him a glass and he drank some. "This is good" he said, setting the glass on the concrete. 

I took a sip of the drink and then sat it next to me. 

Niall pulled himself up and sat next to me. "You okay?" 

I nodded "Yeah" I looked over at him smiling. 

"Have you ever though of moving on?" he asked. 

"What do you mean?"  

"Like, I know you still haven't let go of your feelings for Liam, but have you tried moving on?" he asked 

"I want to, but I don't allow myself"

"Why?" 

"I'm scared of getting hurt again" I said, looking down. 

Niall put his hand on my cheek and lifted my chin up "I wouldn't hurt you" he said, looking in my eyes. 

Wait did he say, he? I couldn't speak, I just stared at him. 

He bit his lip and then leaned in and kissed me. I closed my eyes and kissed back. The kiss seemed to last forever, but in reality it was only about a minute. We broke apart and we just stared at each other. 

He started to say something, but before he could, I dived into the water and swam to the deep end up the pool. I came up from the water making sure my back was turned to him. 

I touched my lips and smiled a little. I didn't feel guilty, that was the first thing I realized. The second thing was that I wanted to kiss him again. 

I heard a splash and knew he was coming towards me. I turned around, just as he popped up inches from my face 

"Niall" 

"Don't run" 

"What?' I said letting out a small nervous laugh. 

"Just listen to me" he said.

 I nodded 

"I know that I'm one of Liam's best mates, but that doesn't mean I'm like him. I really like you" he said. 

Before I even responded I just kissed him. 

I kissed him! 

He pulled me closer, placing his arms around my waist as he kissed me back. I pulled away, smiling. 

"So you like me too?" he asked. 

I did like him, not as much as Liam, but I knew that by throwing caution to the wind that might change. I nodded and he kissed me again 

"We can't tell anyone though, at least not now" I said. 

He nodded understanding "Well would you go on a date with me, the minute we can sneak off?"  

I smiled "I would love to"

He kissed me once more. 

For about twenty minutes we stayed that way. I was in his arms and we were kissing. And for the first time. Liam was nowhere in my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 89 40
Hey my name is Gracie and I use too live in Wolverhampton,England and I use too date this amazing guy named Liam Payne we where so in love until I ha...
2.7K 14 35
When Tori Marino goes on tour with her band, opening for One Direction, she just expects quality time with her best friend Niall Horan, but then Liam...
1.5K 8 30
Through a chance encounter, Stella and Liam cross paths. They bond through their backgrounds in fighting and develop a loving friendship. They come f...
3.2K 52 15
He's the jock. She's the nerd. He doesn't talk to her. She doesn't bother. But all they need is a chance. Just one little chance of them talking. ...