Ninjago - One-shots and short...

By MasterofCupcakes

A collection of Ninjago one-shots and short stories (2-4 chapters). Canon characters and ships only. No x OC... More

Scars // platonic Jay x Cole
In His Head // Zane and P.I.X.A.L.
At Your Most Beautiful // Jay x Nya
Perfect Match // Jay x Nya
His Final Wish
Movie Night / Part 1 // Jay x Nya
Cliff's Closet (Movie Night / Part 2)
Camping Trip // Jay x Nya
A/N: Jay's Costumes from 'Movie Night'
Never Again // Jay x Nya
Day of the Dareth
Meeting the Parents (times two) // Jay x Nya
Weekend for Four (Part 1) // Jay x Nya and Kai x Skylor (*)
A Ghost of a Chance // Jay x Cole
How I met your Mother // Nya
Weekend for Four / Part 2 (*)
Old enemies, new friends // Kai x Skylor
Weekend for Four / Part 3 (*)
Weekend for Four / Part 4 (*)
The Proposal // Jay x Nya (*)
Apologies // Jay x Nya (*)
The Morning before the Wedding // Jay x Nya (*)
First Love // Kai x Skylor (AU)
To Have and To Hold // Jay x Nya (*)
Something Blue (Part 1) // Jay x Nya (*)
Something Blue (Part 2) (*)
Something Blue (Part 3) (*)
Something Blue (Part 4) (*)
Something Blue - Deleted Scene (*)
Changes // Kai x Skylor (*)
Breaking the News // Jay x Nya (*)
Here With Me // Jay x Nya
Breaking the News / Part 2 (*)
Texting...
Ninjago TNG - Sneak Peek
Together again
Zapped // Jay x Nya (*)
Big Brother, Little Sister // Ray, Maya, Kai & Nya
Cupid's Helpers (Part 1) // Kai x Skylor and Jay x Nya
Cupid's Helpers (Part 2)
The Blue Suitcase // Jay x Nya
The Blue Suitcase (Part 2)
Sick Day // Jay x Nya
Cupid's Helpers (Part 3)
Cupid's Helpers (Part 4)
Sick Day (Part 2)
Bedtime Story
Happy St Patrick's Day ☘️
The Ones That Got Away
Switched (Part 1) // Jay x Nya and Kai x Skylor
Switched (Part 3)
Lightning and Thunderblade (Part 1) // Jay x Nya
Lightning and Thunderblade (Part 2)
Lightning and Thunderblade (Part 3)
Day of the Returned (Part 1)
Four Hearts and Two Crowns (AU) // Jay x Nya and Cole x Seliel
An Acquired Taste // Jay x Nya
Sick Day (Part 3)
Without You // Jay x Nya
Like Family // Together Again (Part 2)
Together Again (Part 3)
A Quiet Echo // Harumi and Mr E
Together again (Part 4)
Meeting Abby // TNG
Exciting News // TNG
Out of Time // Sneak Peak
Kai's Birthday (Part 1)
Family Reunion // TNG
Gasp...
Festivi-Teas (A/N) - Updated!
Tutoring (Part 1) // Jay x Nya (AU)
My Phoenix // Jay x Nya (TNG)
Chuck's Return // Wu's Teas
My Mistake // Nya & Kai
Yin & Yang // Jay x Nya
Valentine's Misunderstandings // Jay x Nya (Movie)
After The End
The Best Worst Holiday // Jaya (AU)
Traditional // Zane x PIXAL
Run (Nya x Jay)
Five Times // Jaya (show)
A New Journey // Jaya (AU)
Forest of the Fairies // PIXane (AU)
Of Mochas and Markers // Jaya (AU)
A Royal Encounter // Jaya (AU)
Would you like to exit Prime Empire?
Flump Sho(r)ts / Part I
Of Chocolate Cake and Second Chances // Jaya (AU)
Flump Sho(r)ts // Part II
Day of the Departed // Jaya
Dareth's Dating Disaster // Kailor (AU)
Long Way Down (Part 1) // Jaya (AU)
Long Way Down (Part 2) // Jaya (AU)
Long Way Down (Part 3) // Jaya (AU)
Secret Santa // Jaya
Once Bitten, Twice Shy, And Three Times is The Charm
Céad Míle Fáilte // Jaya (AU)

Switched (Part 2)

1.5K 49 55
By MasterofCupcakes

Wow, this book has just reached over 17,000 views and 1,000 votes 😱 - thank you all so much for reading and enjoying my stories !!!

Switched (Part 2)

Keep still, Kai. I am almost done." Nya demanded as she was straightening her brother's currently short raven black hair.

"But this feels strange." Kai complained.

"And so does carrying a hedgehog around on my head." Nya stated. She took the red rose from her nightstand and put it in Kai's hair. "Looking good, bro." She smiled at him. "Are you ready for your date with my boyfriend?"

"No." Kai stated. He stood up and started fiddling with his sea blue dress, undecided whether he should pull it further down to cover more of 'his' legs or pull it up to show less cleavage. "But now that I've agreed to this arrangement there's no point putting it off any further..."

"Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today." Nya smirked.

"Well, in this case it would probably be better, because we'll hopefully be back to nomal by tomorrow." Kai sighed. "Alright, let's go."

After one final check in the mirror, the siblings exited Nya's room and took the stairs down to the temple's main hall.

Jay was already impatiently waiting for them, a picnic basket standing on the floor next to him.

He excitedly bounced over to the person that he thought was his girlfriend and pulled her in a hug. "Wow, you look lovely." He whispered, gently running his hand through Nya's short black hair. "I like what you did with the flower."

"Thanks." Kai gave him a forced smile. Why did we just spend over half an hour straightening the hair if he messes it up again in less than half a minute? "I had some help from my brother."

"Wow, I'm impressed." The blue Ninja closed his eyes and leaned in.

"Ahem." Nya loudly cleared her throat, making Jay jump. "Are you two going on a date now or are you going to make out in front of me?"

"Uhm..." Jay blushed. "I... uhm... we better go now." He said, grabbing the picnic basket with one hand and the female's small hand with the other. "See you later."

As Jay pulled him towards the exit, Kai turned around to look at Nya who was grinning widely. "Thank you." He mouthed at her.

"Have fun." She winked. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

——-

"Is he stil watching?" Jay asked, when they were standing outside in front of the temple.

"I-I think so." Kai lied.

"I am so happy we have the whole day to ourselves away from the others." The Master of Lightning smiled at him.

Kai swallowed. "Yeah, me too." He tried very hard to sound excited.

"It's a very nice day, so I thought we could fly to Ninjago City and have a picnic in the park." Jay explained. "Hybrid Dragon?" He suggested.

"Yesterday was quite a long day, I'm still a bit tired." Kai faked a yawn, remembering that he still had his own elemental powers. "Maybe I can ride with you today?" He asked, batting Nya's eyelashes.

"Sure." Jay handed the picnic basket to Kai before summoning his Lightning Dragon. As they were flying towards the city, Kai held onto Jay's shoulder with his free hand.

"Are you alright?" Jay asked. "You seem so distant..."

"Yeah, all good." Kai replied. "I just... can't sit closer to you because of the picnic basket." He added, trying to sound upset about it.

"Ah, okay." The other apparently believed him. "It happens so rarely that you let me fly – not that I would mind you being in control, of course. I mean, you are an amazing pilot and such – I just wanted to make sure you're comfortable."

Haha, sounds like he still lets Nya boss him around...

But to dispel the other's worries, Kai still scooted the tiniest bit to the front, closer to the other Ninja, and put his hand on his waist.

Luckily, the Lightning Dragon was very fast, so they soon arrived at their destination. Jay jumped off the dragon and helped 'Nya' slide down as well. Their hands entwined, they took a little stroll through the park, casually talking about the weather – spring had finally arrived in the capital – before setting up the picnic blanket under a blooming cherry tree.

"It's beautiful." Kai remarked. I should take Skylor here when this whole mess is over...

"I know that you love the cherry blossom, that's why I suggested this location." Jay smiled at him. "And to make things even better, I've made your favourite sandwiches, turkey with cranberry sauce on brown bread, with butter on only one half."

Kai was impressed. Wow, he really pays a lot of attention to my sis, even I didn't know that.

And he had to admit, the sandwiches were quite nice, although he himself usually preferred the spicier options.

"When did you prepare all this?" Kai wondered when Jay took a container with fruit skewers from the basket.

"Oh, just this morning, I got up extra early but also had some help from Zane."

Jay never gets up early unless he has to. Nya was right, this date really means a lot to him.

Kai felt really bad now for acting so distant towards the blue Ninja. Wanting to show some kind of affection, he leaned against him and put his head on the other's shoulder. Jay happily wrapped his arm around him, and Kai was surprised when he could feel Nya's body immediately relax in her boyfriend's embrace.

"Mmh, you smell nice." Jay buried his nose in Kai's hair.

If only I had my spiky hair... The Master of Fire thought. But instead he replied politely. "Thanks... uhm... you too?"

"Glad you like it." The blue Ninja beamed at him. "It's quite hard to find stuff that's perfume free and still smells nice..."

Ah, yes. Nya's allergy.

"Do you remember when I asked you out on our first date, and Kai had given me some perfume instead of cologne?" Jay suddenly asked.

"Yeah, that was a great prank, wasn't it?" Kai laughed.

"You think so?" The Master of Lightning was mildly surprised by Nya's reaction. "He knowingly put you at risk, just to prank me..."

Kai had never thought of it that way, but Jay was right, it had been pretty careless of him.

The auburn haired male suddenly gave him a sad look. "No matter how hard I try, I don't think Kai will ever approve of us..."

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since we got back together, all he does is complain."

"No, please don't think that." Kai protested. "I am- I mean he is perfectly fine with us. He wants me to be happy, and he can see that you would do anything to make that happen. It's just that... seing y-... us two together is sometimes hard for him, because that means that his baby sister is growing up and soon won't need him anymore."

"You think so?"

Kai took Jay's hand into his and locked their eyes. "I know it." He stated. "And... he's also just a tiny bit jealous of us, because he would like to have the same kind of close relationship with Skylor."

Kai could see a few tears glistening in Jay's blue eyes.

"You have no idea how relieved I am." He said. "I was really scared that he thinks that I'm not good enough for you. It wouldn't be too surprising, even my parents didn't want me..."

This didn't make any sense, Kai had never met parents who adored their child as much as Ed and Edna Walker.

"That's stupid." He exclaimed. "How could you think that? Ed and Edna love you very much."

"Y-you are right." Jay smiled through his tears. "I need to use the power of positive thinking. Those people who abandoned their baby are not my parents. My real parents are the two people who raised me."

What is he talking about? Kai wondered. I think I should ask my sis about this later...

——-

In the meantime, Kai's sister was having lunch with Skylor at a small pizza place – 'anything but noodles', the redhead had requested, so Nya had suggested this venue where she and Jay would sometimes go for a bite whenever they were in the city.

The two were discussing the latest movies, trying to decide which one they were going to watch later.

"Are they showing anything that's not part of a franchise?" Nya wondered. "Everything seems to be either a sequel or a prequel..."

"I am really relieved that I'm not the only one who feels that way." Skylor agreed. "I really hate that. You miss one film, and suddenly nothing makes sense anymore..."

"And not just within a film series. Jay and... I mean the other guys and I went to watch the latest Starfarers movie the other day, and suddenly there were some characters from Space Samurai and I didn't understand a thing..."

"But the strategy seems to work, a lot of people spend all their money not only on the films but also on the merchandise."

Nya sighed. "Tell me about it..." And my boyfriend is one of them.

"I am so happy that you called." Skylor smiled at her. "I'm having a really great time."

"So am I." Nya replied. And it was true. Sure, she would still prefer to be on a date with her boyfriend right now, but the Water Ninja usually didn't get a lot of female company. So, hanging out with her brother's hopefully future girlfriend was not a bad way to spend her day off. Skylor was very nice and funny. And so far, she had been able to avoid any awkward situations.

"These last few moths, I was very busy getting this business back on track, and I didn't really get to keep my promise to 'keep in touch'." She began. "And I am very sorry about that."

It's not like Kai was any better, he was a bit too distracted by all his fans... Nya thought.

All of a sudden, Skylor put her hand onto Kai's.

"But it meant a lot to me when you dropped in to the restaurant last week for some advice." The Master of Amber continued. "And... it made me realise how much I've missed you..."

Great, totally jinxed it. Nya mentally face-palmed. But she had promised her brother to help him, so she smiled back. "I've missed you too."

"You did?"

Nya nodded. "Y-yes. Very much."

Skylor sheepishly smiled at her. "I was thinking that... maybe we could continue where we left off?"

"I'd like that." Nya repeated the exact words her brother had used at the Corridor of Elders.

"Great." Skylor leaned over the small table. "And it's even better that Dareth isn't here right now..."

——-
"I spy with my little eye something... blue." Kai said. He and Jay were lying on their backs on the picnic blanket.

"Me?" The Master of Lightning grinned.

"Nope." Kai shook his head. "The sky. It's a really nice day. Not a single cloud..."

"And no creepy time vortex..." Jay muttered.

He sat up. "Nya?" He asked, holding out his hand.

Kai had gotten used to reacting to his sister's name, so he took the blue Ninja's hand and sat up as well. "Yes?"

"When... when you and Kai went after the Iron Doom, I was so scared." Jay told him. "Not because of what would have happened to Ninjago if Krux and Acronix had managed to alter the past. All I could think of was that I might never see you again. Or worse, that they had done something to our parents so that we would have never been born - and I would have never even met you... I just can't lose you again."

"Jay." Kai put his hand on the other Ninja's shoulder and locked their eyes. "I really didn't know you felt that way about Ny-... uhm... me. I promise, nothing will ever come between us ever again."

And I will make sure of it.

"Nya." Sapphire blue locked with chocolate brown. "I love you."

As Jay expectantly looked at him, Kai could feel Nya's heart beat faster. Yes, his sister was in love with Jay, and she wanted Kai to tell him.

But Kai had never said these words to anyone before. He had hoped that Skylor would be the first. C'mon. You can say it. He encouraged himself. Do it for Nya.

Kai closed his eyes and imagined himself speaking to a beautiful girl with scarlet hair.

——-

Haha, cliffhanger 😄. There will be a third and final part to this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
620K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
613K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...