Her Redeemed Destiny

De Mintessla

Book Two in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And when the past becomes present; the cost of war is blood.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫... Mais

Introduction
• Copyright •
• Epigraph - Part I •
• Chapter One •
• Epigraph - Part II •
• Chapter Two •
• Epigraph - Part III •
• Chapter Three •
• Epigraph - Part IV •
• Epigraph - Part V •
• Chapter Five •
• Epigraph - Part VI •
• Chapter Six •
• Epigraph - Part VII •
• Chapter Seven •
• Epigraph - Part VIII •
• Chapter Eight •
• Epigraph - Part IX •
• Chapter Nine •
• Epigraph - Part X •
• Chapter Ten •
• Epigraph - Part XI •
• Chapter Eleven •
• Epigraph - Part XII •
• Chapter Twelve •
• Epigraph - Part XIII •
• Chapter Thirteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIV •
• Chapter Fourteen •
• Epigraph - Part XV •
• Chapter Fifteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVI •
• Chapter Sixteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVII •
• Chapter Seventeen •
• Epigraph - Part XVIII •
• Chapter Eighteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIX•
• Chapter Nineteen •
• Epigraph - Part XX•
• Chapter Twenty •
• Epigraph - Part XXI•
• Chapter Twenty One •
• Epigraph - Part XXII•
• Epilogue •
Thank you
Q & A
• Reviews •
The Third Book ...

• Chapter Four •

5.1K 377 90
De Mintessla

"Are you afraid of change?"         

She stayed seated on the ground as she watched the exchange, waiting for her wounds to heal. She didn't like West, there was something about him that screamed run. He was intimidating, a former Beta, and she had no recollection of ever killing his family; but then again, she'd killed many.  

"You know Leroy?" Leon swallowed, thickly, "Is he alive?" 

West nodded, "We all broke out together."

"He's here?" 

West's eyebrows furrowed, "Yeah, man." 

She watched Leon's muscles circle through tightening and releasing. She felt his anxiety, bleeding into the air, but she could also sense a great joy brewing. He had spent years away from his brother, neither knowing if the other was alive or not, and now they stood in the same forest. She couldn't imagine how that felt.

"Emmett, bring Leroy." West said, his eyes shifting around the forest, "We have to go. They'll be hunting us, and if you guys found us, we don't have much time left." 

"We have jeeps." Leon answered, distantly. 

"Where? How far?" 

West's question was ignored as she sensed him before he came into view, and then it was so quiet that the deaf could hear. Leon's breath faltered. 

A few feet away, leaning against the trunk of the pine for support, a spitting image of Leon stood. She had to blink, looking between the two males to make sure she wasn't hallucinating from blood loss. It was as if someone had set a mirror in front of Leon, and he was staring at himself - a little beat up and dirty - but still nonetheless. 

They'd finally found Leroy. 

She watched with everyone else as the two brothers moved towards each other. They resembled ghosts, drifting over the ground, Leon moving with a stiff step and Leroy a slight gimp; but then they were standing face to face. 

They just stared at each other silently, the silence embracing them, and then Leroy spoke.

"Leo?" 

The dam was broken.

They instantly embraced each other, holding on as if the other would disappear, and then she witnessed two grown men begin to cry. Their tears were salty - bittersweet - the tears of joy that they were alive, and she had to look away from the heartbreaking scene for a brief second.

Leon pulled back, "I'm so sorry, Le. I meant to find you sooner, I really tried." 

"Leo, brother," Leroy breathed, "Little bro. I thought I'd lost you. They came so suddenly, and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I just woke up in a cell in pain." 

Leon shook his head, fresh tears on his cheeks, "Its been so long." 

"Does sister know?" 

"I'll call her as soon as we're home." 

"Home," Leroy's eyes grew distant, then he smiled, a truly genuine smile, "Yes. Home. I miss my own bed." 

The brothers laughed and then they rested their foreheads together. It only lasted a second but it was as if their souls were tied back together as they inhaled together, and then they were slapping each others back with ridiculous grins. 

She felt her heart clench at the sight. This was the true meaning of family and she had the blessing of being able to witness it. She'd never seen two brothers so close. 

"Alpha, we should go." West cleared his throat.

Leon glanced between the former Beta and Leroy, smirking, "An Alpha without a pack, eh?" 

His brother shook his head, grinning, "These wolves have been my pack and family for the past four years," Leroy gestured to the five males, "West has been my Beta. Emmett my Gamma. Oliver, Pepper and Seamus are my warriors. They've all acted as guardians, and they're all ridiculously stupid in their own way." 

West rolled his eyes and she swore she saw one of the muddy wolves nod his head, as if proud of the statement. She had a hunch that he was similar to Cassius. 

"I have three jeeps ready to take us to Aloysius Pack," Leon announced, glancing towards the sky, "Its almost dark. We really should get out of here." 

"Damn, this is almost surreal," Leroy whispered.

She stood, shaking the dirt from her sleek coat, and then she sent a wary glance at West as he shifted back into his wolf. They slowly back tracked as Elijah led the group with West and his wolves following behind Leon and Leroy. Leroy winced as he walked, and Leon supported him with a small frown of concern.

"What happened to you?" Leon questioned. 

"Ah, long story," Leroy chuckled, "Its an old injury, but I got grazed by a silver bullet on our way out so its acting up again." 

Leon growled, "I'm going to kill those bastards." 

"One thing at a time, Leo." 

"Darren can patch you right up." Leon said and his brother let out a hoarse chuckle. Her ears twitched at the sound as she walked a few paces ahead of them with Asher. 

"Darren? I remember him as a lanky seventeen year old learning the trade, he could never stand the sight of blood. He's doing a good job, then?" 

"Like magic. He's been studying a lot, too." 

"What about Heath? Is he still alive?" 

Leon paused, "Yeah, but his sister didn't make it." 

There was a moment of silence before Leroy spoke again, "We've lost so much." 

"Yeah, but we're going to get it back." 

"How?" Leroy raised his eyebrows, "If you haven't noticed, we're pretty ass whooped." 

"One thing at a time, Le." Leon mimicked.

It was quiet after that. The group moved as quietly as they could through the old pine forest and she listened to the comforting silence. It was if the soft breeze that ghosted through every so often knew of the tender souls, careful not break the beauty of it. They'd entered the forest in searching, and they were leaving with treasure. 

She briefly wondered if she had any blood family left. 

Did they miss her? 

They arrived at the jeeps in pure darkness. The sun had left half hour ago and the thick limbs of the pines above them held onto any moonlight, preventing any from lighting the forest, but her werewolf abilities allowed her to remain alert. 

Little was said as they divided into the jeeps, Nathan trading his seat so Leroy could ride with Leon, and she settled in the back as usual. She actually preferred it. The jeep hummed to life and then they were moving. She closed her eyes as she sighed. 

She didn't know what to think of Leroy and his wolves. They intimidated her but she felt like she could trust Leroy since he was a true born Alpha. She could sense his natural ability to lead, the trueness of his blood. It irked her that West could recognize her so easily, and she - once again -tried to recall any memories of having run-in's with him, but she kept drawing a blank. 

She didn't mean to hurt so many other werewolves when she was under the control of abuse, but it wasn't like she had much of a choice. She was forced to carry out the demands of truly heartless werewolves. She had learned how to survive in the shadow of a monster, but as she healed from those injuries, she couldn't escape the damage she'd done.

Who else had she torn apart? 

She drifted in between consciousness as she listened to the soft snores of Leroy and she couldn't help but wonder how it would be different now. Leroy would surely take his place as Alpha, and Leon would assume a position of his choice, but she was unsure of the impending change. 

She was just starting to settle into her new lifestyle and the kettle was being stirred again. She had many enemies and West seemed dead set on ending her life. If he became the Beta of Aloysius Pack, she wouldn't be surprised if she became a prisoner again.

She found herself on edge, the future threatening her. 

The vehicle finally drew to a stop and she opened her eyes. She could sense the familiar presence of the Aloysius Pack, and as the doors opened, she could scent Cassius. She nearly missed his rustic scent, the only thing she knew was solid in this churning sea.

The back door was pulled open and Asher smiled at her, "How are you feeling?" 

She rolled her shoulders and nodded her head before she leaped from the back, landing on the bare ground with ease. A soft glow from the pack house porch lights lit the surrounding area. An eruption of cheers filled her ears and she turned to find the warriors crowding around Leroy, who'd barely got out of the vehicle.

Her ears caught various comments as nearly everyone gave Leroy a firm pat on the back. She sat back on the grass in the shadows, keeping her distance, and watched a family become reunited. She almost felt like an outsider intruding on something special. She caught Cassius' eyes as he searched for her and he winked. The simple action gave her a bit of ease. 

"Brothers," Leon's voice cut through the sea of chatter, "My brother, and your true Alpha, has returned to us! He's come home! There will be celebration of this blessing!" 

And the thunder of cheers rose into the heavens as gratitude. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

Leroy's home. 

I have waited so long to introduce him, like, this chapter was just a relief. 

Things are gonna get stirred up, get ready ;)

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

-- 1636 words --

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

26.1K 1.6K 44
"You might hear that my pack warriors never leave any rogue lingered near my territory, do you? More precisely, I order them to kill rogues on the sp...
117K 3.2K 41
She began to fear every sound since she had met him. With every step she looked over her shoulder. Fear of him kept her wary. Trying to run from the...
32.5K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
651K 34.1K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...