30 Days with Fina

By JellOfAllTrades

How long does it take for a person to change? A day? A week? A month? A year? For Jellane Ramos, it only took... More

30 Days with Fina
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
Day 395
Dedication
Special: Alternative Ending
From the Author

Day 11

18.1K 630 174
By JellOfAllTrades

30 Days with Fina by JellOfAllTrades
Chapter 11

I opened the screen door to the old Folloso ancestral house and was bombarded by a rain of colorful confetti.

"ATE JELL!" Kier shouted, jumping up and down while beside him, Mary is holding a camera and is taking pictures of me.

Kuya Ken approached me and hugged me...and then he slapped my butt.

"TANGINA, TIGILAN NYO NGA AKO!" I took off mom's red high heels and threatened to throw it at my brother and cousins.

"Kalma! Ngayon ka palang ulit namin nakitang magdress eh!" Rence said from the couch.

"Ano na nga palang nangyari sa plano mo? Nabili mo ba yung lupa?" Kuya Ken asked, flipping out his phone to take a picture of me.

I smirked. "Dude, he was willing to sell me everything near the property in just one wink. When I leaned forward to ask him when can it be done he immediately called for his attorney and drafted everything in a contract in just an hour. Babalik na lang ako dun next week para magkabayaran na lang."

"YUN OH!" Kier shouted, punching the air in triumph. 

"Gano kalaki yung lupa?" Gerald asked.

"Initially, I asked for 300 square meters," I answered.

"But?" Mary asked at the edge of her seat.

I opened the folder I'm holding and showed the contract to them, flashing my winning smile, I said, "800 square meters eastern side of the site."

They shouted and jumped up and down as if one of us won the lottery.

"Teka teka!" Kuya Ken suddenly stopped.

"Bakit?" Kier complained. "800 square meters na yun oh! That's way more than what Mamita's asking for!"

"Oo nga, alam ko yun. Pero magkano naman ang bentahan nyo?" Kuya Ken explained. "Kasi diba 25 million lang ang budget mo? Baka sumobra yan ha?!"

"5 bro," I smirked, picking up mom's red high heels. "I got it for 5 million."

They cheered while I went up to my room to change. I saw myself in the mirror and shook my head. 

I look different. Like it isn't me that is in front of the mirror. My hair is curled wavy, I'm wearing makeup and a red tight fit dress that barely reached my midthigh and is showing a great amount of my chest.

Okay, I look hot.

But not the hot way that I want. That I'm used to.

I took a change of clothes and went to the bathroom for a shower. I felt sticky and weird wearing a dress again. No wonder its been years since I last wore one. I never liked it.

When I went downstairs my brothers and cousins are busy with their gadgets. 

"Gawa niyo?" I asked. They all seem to be focused on what they're doing.

"Posting," Gerald answered.

My phone began buzzing so I took it out and answered the incoming call from Jaime.

"Talk to me."

"JELLANE FOLLOSO-RAMOS!" He shouted.

"What?"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU'RE HOT IN A DRESS?!"

"Wait--WHAT?!" I glared at my brothers. "Hoy Kuya, Kier, panong nakarating kay Jaime yung balita?"

"Dude, what are social networks for?" Kier stood up, approached me, and showed me the picture he posted on the internet. 

"What the fuck?!"

There on his cellphone is a photo of me in my usual clothes and beside it is a picture of me from earlier.

"JELLANE! Get ready for your hot chicks to track you down. I just reposted it for everybody to see AND I TAGGED YOU!" Jaime shouted from the phone.

"Seven hells, what is wrong with you guys?!" I groaned. "It's just a freaking dress, why are you all so hyped up?"

"I've never seen you in a dress before!" Jaime answered.

"Antagal na nung huli kang nag-dress!" Kuya Ken said, almost at the same time as Jaime's answer.

I just shook my head. "Yun lang ba sasabihin mo Jaime?" 

"Err...I guess?"

"Well then, goodbye."

"Wait--!" But I already ended the call.

"Labas muna ako." I announced it to the group.

"San ka pupunta?" Kier asked.

"Playground."

"Magkikita ba kayo ni Ate Fina?" Mary asked, looking up from her laptop.

"Ewan ko kung makakapunta sya, basta gusto ko munang lumabas. Nakakabwisit kayo eh."

"Grabe ka naman ate Jell," Gerald muttered, putting the tablet away.

"Eh, basta, maiwan ko muna kayo jan."

I went out of the house and made my way to the seaside playground.

My meeting with Mayor Luisito Entienza went just as I planned. With my charm I convinced him to sell the property to me, which was the only thing I miscalculated, he was willing to give me more than what I was asking for.

The dress, although I hated the idea, was completely necessary. And now it left me feeling weirded out. I have no problem harassing and being sexually harassed by hot girls from Manila, but to be gawked at by a perverted provincial politician is something else. I feel like I sold my soul to some kind of demon just to get Mamita's acceptance.

"Mukhang pinagbagsakan ka ng langit at lupa ah?" A soft voice woke me up from my reverie. I turned and saw Fina Romulo smiling at me, her long black hair whipping in the soft sea breeze.

"Fina!"

"Hello!" She smiled, pushing a lock of hair to the back of her ear.

"Ba't wala ka kahapon?"

"Di ako pinayagan lumabas ni mommy eh." She answered. "Ayos ka lang ba?"

"Ha? Yeah, I'm fine, I was just thinking about some things." I answered. "Ba't di ka pinayagan kahapon? Pinagising mo ako ng maaga tapos di ka rin pala magpapakita."

She looked guiltily down on our feet. "Sorry na. Di lang talaga ako pinayagan ni mommy."

I took a step close to her and thought of lifting her chin to make her look straight at me but I thought better of it. Instead, I held her shoulder. 

"Oy, joke lang, ito naman. Wag kang iiyak!"

"Di naman ako umiiyak eh!" She retorted and I just laughed at her defensiveness.

"Ayiie, ngumiti na sya!" I teased.

"Bwisit ka, Jellane. Itulak kita jan sa dagat eh." She pouted.

"Kaya mo?" 

She looked at me, trying to size me up but eventually shook her head. "Ang laki mong tao, baka ako pa mahulog sa tubig kapag sinubukan ko."

We laughed and I instantly felt light. Fina has that weird effect on me, whatever I'm worrying about she can manage to make me forget.

"Oo nga pala Fina, matanong ko lang, may cellphone ka ba?" I suddenly remembered.

"Meron, bakit?"

"Pwede ko bang makuha ang number mo?"

"Para ano, textmates tayo?" She frowned. "Minsan lang ako magkaload."

"Eh di papasahan kita, sus naman, problema ba yun?" 

Fina shook her head. "Ayoko ng ganun, Jell."

I sighed. "Di ko naman gusto maging textmates tayo eh. Gusto ko lang malaman ang number mo para alam ko kung pano kita mako-contact. Ang hirap kaya maghintay dito sa playground tapos di ka pala makakarating. Nangingitim na nga ako oh!" I showed her my arm which isn't really turning darker or anything.

"Di ka naman umiitim eh."

"Eh basta," I insisted. "Ano na? Pengeng number mo?"

"Kahit naman mag-text ka hindi ako makakareply. Wala ngang load diba?"

"Parang di pwedeng tumawag ah?" I countered.

Fina just looked at me, trying to decide. I flashed her my smile, took hold of her hands and said in my most sweetest tone. "Please?"

"Ano ba yan, Jellane. You're too convincing." Fina breathed.

"Para san pa ang kagwapuhan ko diba?" I winked at her and she laughed at me.

"Convincing and conceited, such a nice combination." 

"Sige na Fina, please? Minsan lang naman kita itetext o tatawagan eh. Pag kailangan lang talaga!"

"Sabi mo yan ah?" 

"Oo naman! Promise!" I held my right arm up like I'm making an oath and Fina just shook her head, a smile on her lips.

"Sige na nga, san ko ba ilalagay?"

I fished out my cellphone and handed it to her. She typed in her number and I saved it to my contacts, ignoring the usual format for my girlfriends wherein I write in a "G" at the start of their names.-

"I'll call you later para ma-save mo yung number ko sa contacts mo." 

"Okay."

We sat on the edge of the seawall and talked about nothing in particular until the sun began to set. It was then that Fina said goodbye to me.

When I got back to the ancestral house I was surprised to find the grown-ups in the living room.

"Jellane," Mom said, putting her cup of tea down.

"Hi ma," I smiled awkwardly. They are all looking up at me. "Sila Kuya nasaan?"

"Nasa attic," Mom answered.

"Sige, dun muna ako." I excused myself, half jogging to the stairs. But I was too slow for the venomous voice of Mamita rang out before I can climb the steps.

"Jellane,"

Taking a deep breath, I turned around and faced them. "Mamita?"

"Kamusta ang meeting mo with Mayor Entienza?" She asked.

"I...uhh...It went well." I muttered. 

Calm down heart, calm the freaking down!

"Was he willing to sell the property?" Mamita inquired, putting her own cup of tea down.

"More than willing, yes." I gulped. "We signed an agreement earlier that he will sell me the 800 square meter property on the eastern side of the site for only 5 million. That's 6,250 pesos per square meter."

There was silence as Mamita and my aunt and uncles studied me. My parents, on the other hand just sat there, unsure what to do, what to say.

"We're going to finalize the papers by next week," I added.

The silence was choking me. Nobody attempted to move or make any sound until my dad finally sat up straight. "That's good news, Jellane. Kaya naman pala hinihiram ulit nila Ken yung van mamaya."

I frowned. "Hiniram ni kuya yung van?"

"Oo. Sabi nya lalabas daw ulit kayo. Para mag-celebrate siguro."

"Oh, uh...Hindi pa nila nasasabi sakin yung plano eh." I just shrugged. "Sige dad, akyat muna ako."

This time, I ran for the stairs before Mamita could even try to call me back. When I reached the attic, I found my brothers and cousins watching a movie on the TV.

"Oh, Ate Jell, nakabalik ka na pala." Mary noticed me. "Lalabas daw tayo mamaya."

"San ang punta?" I asked.

"Kelly's Karaoke ulit." Rence answered. "Wala na kasing ibang magandang puntahan dito sa Calauag eh. Unless gusto niyo pa pumunta ng Lopez, may alam ako."

"Sige na, dun nalang ulit." I waved the suggestion away.

"Ayos ka lang?" Kuya Ken asked.

"Yeah. Na-ambush lang ako nila Mamita sa baba kanina."

"Oh! Anong sabi ni Mamita?" Kier asked, sitting up properly.

"Wala siyang masabi sa balita ko kanina. Na-shock siguro, baka akala niya magfefail ako?" I shrugged. "Akala ko nga aatakihin siya sa puso eh."

"Grabe ka!" Gerald threw a pillow at me and I only caught it. "Wag kang ganyan Ate! Si Mamita pa rin yun!"

"Akala lang naman eh!" I retorted, fishing out my cellphone and going back to the stairs. "Sa terrace lang ako, may tatawagan pa ako."

"Sige, pero maya-maya aalis na din tayo!" Kuya Ken said.

I went down to the second floor and opened the door to the terrace. The cold air there let me think properly and gave my heart time to slow and calm down from the ambush. I let out a sigh and called Fina. She answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Fina Romulo?" I asked in a deep voice

"Yes? Sino sila?"

"I am your conscience."

"Ang lakas din ng trip mo eh noh, Jell?" She laughed on the other line.

"What gave it away?" I asked, imagining a smiling Fina.

"Wala naman, sabi mo kasi kanina tatawagan mo ako eh."

"Shouldn't have said that." I muttered.

"Well, nasabi mo na at nagawa mo na."

"So...Kumain ka na ba?" I still don't want the call to end. I still want to hear her voice. I still want to talk to her.

"Kakatapos ko lang kumain. Ikaw ba?"

"Hindi pa eh."

"Kumain ka na, baka malipasan ka ng gutom nyan." 

I involuntarily smiled at her response. She worries about me! She cares!

"Ayos lang yun, busog naman na ako eh."

"Ha?"

"Busog na ako sa pagmamahal."

"Weh?!" 

I laughed at the cheesiness of the pick-up line--well, it's not really a pick-up line but heck, I'll just consider it to be like that.

"JELLANE! TARA NA!" There was a shout from inside the house and a thumping sound of several feet going down the stairs.

"Sige na Jell, tinatawag ka na eh." Fina said, her voice sounding a tad bit disappointed.

"Can I text you later?" I ask.

"Sabi mo hindi mo ako itetext? Pag kailangan lang talaga?"

"Eh gusto pa kita makausap eh."

"Wala akong load."

"Papasahan kita."

"Jell, wag na."

"Sige na, please?"

"HOY JELL! TARA NA!" Another shout from inside.

"Sige na Fina, papasahan kita ng load sa ayaw at sa gusto mo. I want to talk to you at kapag di ka nagreply mamaya hindi ko titigilan ang pagtawag sayo."

"Papatayin ko yung cellphone ko." 

"Eh di parang pinatay mo narin ako pag ginawa mo yun."

There was a pause as the words sank in. Oh shit, what did I just say?!

"Sige na nga." Fina conceded.

I finally let out a breath that I didn't notice I was holding. "Thanks, Fina, laters!"

"Bye, Jell."

I ended the call and ran downstairs, going straight for the garage where my brothers and cousins are already getting in the van.

I felt elated about what is happening. Fina sounding disappointed about me having to go is one thing and her agreeing to talk to me on the cellphone is another.

"Oy, may in love!" Kier teased, poking my cheek.

"Hoy, hindi ah!" 

"Ba't di mawala yang ngiti mo?" He returned.

"Di ba pwedeng excited lang ako?" I countered. "Gusto ko na uminom! Di kasi ako nakainom ng maayos last time eh!"

"Umalis ka kasi bigla eh." Kier muttered.

"Ba't ka nga ba umalis?" Kuya Ken asked from behind the wheel.

"Basta." 

"Anong basta?"

"Basta magdrive ka nalang jan!" I retorted. "Bilisan mo at nagugutom na din ako!"

"Oo na!" Kuya Ken said, taking a left turn. "Pasalamat ka ikaw reason ng celebration na to kundi babatukan na kita eh!"

"Eh di salamat!"

We arrived in front of Kelly's Karaoke after a few minutes. Just like the first and last time I was here, the neon sign glowed brightly and the building looked remarkably old. We entered the premises and took our seats around a round table booth. We placed our orders and began to animatedly talk about our lives and some other things.

After having dinner I sent Fina some load and texted her.

Jellane:
Hey. 

Her reply took ten minutes.

Fina:
Hi

I felt giddy with her reply and took a swig from the newly arrived beer.

Jellane
Akala ko di ka magrereply. Hinahanda ko na yung sarili ko sa sakit eh.

Fina:
Anong sakit?

Jellane:
Sakit na ayaw mo akong kausap.

Fina:
Ay grabe. 

Jellane:
Thank you for texting back.

Fina:
Nakakainis ka eh. Lakas mo sakin!

Shitness. I took my beer bottled and emptied it before typing a reply.

Jellane:
For all I know di ka naiinis eh, nagwagwapuhan kamo!

Fina:
Lakas ng hangin! At pano mo naman nasabi yan ha?

Jellane:
Because everyone says so. 

Fina:
Pano kapag maganda ka para sakin?

Jellane:
Ayos lang siguro? Gwapong maganda naman ako eh. 

"Hoy Jell! Kinikilig ka jan?" Kuya Ken placed another beer bottle in front of me.

"May kausap ako eh."

"Ikaw ha! Tandaan mo yung sinabi ni mommy!" Kuya Ken warned. "Baka kung sinong nilalandi mo jan!"

"Bawal makipaglandi sa girlfriend ko sa Manila?" I lied. "Ang bawal lang naman yung tiga dito sa Calauag diba?"

Kuya Ken was silent for a moment, thinking about what I said. I smirked. Checkmate.

"Basta wag kayong magpo-phone sex dito!" Kuya Ken said. 

"HOY DI AKO GANUN!" 

My cellphone beeped again and I checked Fina's new text message.

Fina:
Pwedeng tawagan mo nalang ako? Di ako sanay na nagtetext eh.

Jellane:
Maingay dito.

Fina:
Asan ka ba?

Jellane:
Kelly's Karaoke. Nagcecelebrate.

Fina:
Umiinom ka?

Jellane:
Yes.

Fina:
Wag kang maglalasing.

I frowned, unsure of what to reply. I want to get wasted tonight but Fina's restricting me. But then again, when did I let a girl dictate my actions? I always do what I want to do, I never listened to anyone that much.

Fina:
Please?

I let out a deep breath and shook my head as I typed my reply.

Jellane:
Sorry. 

Her reply took another ten minutes and by then I almost forgot I was texting her.

Fina:
Okay. Magiingat ka nalang. Text mo nalang ako kapag nakauwi ka na. Mamaya nalang ulit, may gagawin pa ako.

And that was probably the last thing that I can fully remember because after reading Fina's text, I got wasted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 108 16
Lisa and Jennie struggling with their sex life in their marriage, offers to be Experimental Subjects for a sex therapist's new book : 30 ways in 30 d...
84.8K 4.8K 37
115 days. That's all it took for them to fall for each other.
2.8K 177 27
Okay...Let's get a 1-0-1 spotlight on me. Name's Jaqueline Althea Borromeo. Jackie for short. I've been this 19-year-old girl who has been going solo...
10K 350 14
Five Minutes and Thirty Seconds … That’s how long it took for my life to change forever.