He Came From The Wild

بواسطة ellarose12

It is a common practice that when one Alpha challengers another, the defeated wolf can either be banished int... المزيد

He Came From The Wild
Chapter One | Crash Landing
Chapter Two | A New World
Chapter Three | Canine Companion
Chapter Four | Making Friends
Chapter Five | Among Wolves
Chapter Six | Decisions, Decisions
Chapter Seven | Goodbyes
Chapter Eight | Meeting Monsters
Chapter Nine | Don't Let Go.
Chapter Ten | Game On
Chapter Eleven | Presents
Chapter Twelve | Fun Times
Chapter Thirteen | Her Story
Chapter Fourteen | Back to Work
Chapter Fifteen | Back to School
Chapter Seventeen | Competition
Chapter Eighteen | She's My Home.
Chapter Nineteen | House Guest.
Chapter Twenty | Fate. Love. Mate?
Chapter TwentyOne | Perfume.
Chapter TwentyTwo | Suit Up.
Chapter TwentyThree | Nicholas.
Chapter TwentyFour | World Keeps Turning
Chapter TwentyFive | Falling To Pieces
Chapter TwentySix | Set It Free.
Chapter TwentySeven | She Runs With Wolves.
Chapter TwentyEight | Thinking. A Lot.
Chapter TwentyNine | Back Home.
Chapter Thirty | Four out of Five.
Chapter ThirtyOne | Recovery.
Chapter ThirtyTwo | Allies and Enemies
Chapter ThirtyThree | Number Five: Acceptance.
Chapter ThirtyFour | Closure.
He Came From The Wild | Epilogue.
Raised By Wolves

Chapter Sixteen | Girl Talk.

16.1K 846 133
بواسطة ellarose12

The workbooks sat open, but unused on the table between Braydon and Carolina. She had decided it would be better for them to get to know each other before starting his tutoring, and Braydon knew why she was really doing that. Playing dumb was easy for him though, letting her talk about herself rather than ask him questions. For the most part he was actually interested, only the guilt at lying to Miranda was stopping him from enjoying himself.

"You're not very talkative are you?" Carolina asked, sitting back in her chair she studied Braydon closely. That got his complete attention and being under her scrutiny only made his anxiety worsen.

"No."

In some ways, his resistance in acknowledging who she was had Carolina doubting herself, and getting frustrated. It wasn't supposed to be like this. If you found that spark, that connection with another shifter - you pursued it. It was a primal instinct, yet here Braydon was, hardly giving her the time of day.

"So, amnesia must be hard to deal with?" She asked, wondering if maybe it wasn't her, but Braydon who had the issue. "Do you remember any, special talents, you might have?"

The question was well hidden and the internal dialogue from his wolf ceased, as now it was Braydon's turn to look at her. Carolina didn't expect the sudden change, as he got tense and was practically glaring at her. Leaning in close, his voice was strained and with a warning to back off.

"I am well aware of them. Just like I am of yours."

Carolina only frowned, not understanding. If he knew, then what was the problem? He should be glad to find his own kind, his mate. It didn't take her too long to work it out; the human girl.

"You should know our kind doesn't get so close to humans then, or did you forget about that?" She met his gaze, not hiding her displeasure now.

Braydon was speechless for a moment, wanting to tell her to mind her own business, yet the words never came.

"I know you've had a rough time, we all have at some point. We can take things as slow as you want, but I think you need to get back to a pack environment. It might help you remember who you are and-"

"No. I don't need to remember who I am and I don't need pack!" Braydon snarled.

"Why? What kind of shifter are you then?" There was no venom in her tone now, just a desperate plea, as she wanted to understand.

"I don't have to tell you anything!" With that Braydon got up and packed his bag, not sure what he was going to do exactly as Miranda had said Rory was coming to get him. "Goodbye Carolina."

Braydon marched out of the library and left her to her own conclusions. In a stroke of good luck, Rory was coming down the street at the same time and waved him over.

"Hey bro! How did it go?" He asked casually, the pair falling into step with each other as they started in the direction of Miranda's apartment.

"It was, interesting." Braydon mumbled, distracted over what had just happened.

Catching the hint, Rory only nodded. "Well, how about we get some pizza from that place on the way and if you don't tell Andy, I can even slip you a few beers."

Mimicking the way Rory spoke, Braydon nodded starting to feel more relaxed the closer they got to home. "Sounds good bro!"

-x-

In a case of perfect timing, Miranda reached out to hit the button for the doorbell just as Abby opened the door with a very excited four year old pushing around her legs.

"Aundy Andy!" The mirror image of her mother, Emma managed to get outside and instantly had her arms around Miranda's legs. "I miss you!"

"Oh Emmy, I missed you too!" Miranda cooed, gently running her hand of the mass of curly black hair.

"Come on, I have lots to show you!" Emma took Miranda's hand and with a smile at Abby as she passed, Miranda was taken through the house to Emma's playroom.

They were half way through their tea party on the new tea set Emma only got yesterday for being a good girl at the doctors, when Abby appeared to break it up. "I hope all that cake hasn't ruined your appetites?"

"It's not real cake Mummy!" Emma rolled her eyes dramatically making both women laugh.

"Well that's good to hear darling, come on, dinner is ready."

Conversation around the dinner table mainly involved listening to Emma tell Miranda everything that had happened her in the time she'd been away. She had lost a tooth, made a new best friend at day care and also got to go to the zoo.

"And there was a bear and it was my favouritest, but it didn't do much, so I told it to wake up and it didn't. Daddy said it liked to hide Nate in winter, but I don't know who that is!" She rambled.

"Hibernate Emmy, not hide Nate." Grant laughed at his daughter's confusion, "It means sleep a lot, remember?"

"Oh," She stopped for a moment, looking thoughtful, "Did you see bears on your holiday Aundy Andy?"

Miranda faltered for a second, remembering her own encounter and the table fell silent as Abby and Grant shared a look. They only knew bits and pieces of Miranda's accident and the way she paled, had them close to telling their daughter to eat her dinner and be quiet. After a few seconds had passed, Miranda finally nodded, acting as if nothing was wrong. "I did Emmy, I saw a Mummy bear with its cub!"

"That's a baby bear!" She answered; proud of herself.

"It sure is!" Miranda enthused.

"Did you get to be friends with the bear?" Emma asked.

The thought had Miranda holding back a laugh. "No, but, I, well I watched a wolf chase them away from where I was though! It was very dangerous."

"A wolf!" Her emerald eyes nearly popped out her head as Emma ate up the story. Her imagination went wild imagining the animals playing a game of chase like she did with her friends at pre-school.

"Yes, he was very brave and-" Miranda paused, shivering slightly at the memory of Braydon shifting before finishing sadly. "Very brave."

"Wow!" Emma gushed, finally putting her attention back on her vegetables, while Miranda lost her appetite.

The sense that something was happening returned, filling her stomach with anxiety and while she had kept busy all afternoon, thinking of Braydon had it all coming back. The change in her mood wasn't missed by Abby, so leaving her husband to put Emma to bed; she led Miranda out to their back porch with a glass of wine each.

"I'm really glad you're home Andy." She spoke softly, reaching out to squeeze Miranda's hand.

"Is it weird if I say I'm not? I missed you guys and the parentals, but, I don't know. I had a lot of time to think you know?" Miranda sighed, finally admitting some of her feelings out loud.

"You nearly died, what with the accident and were you serious about the bear and wolf thing?" Miranda nodded making Abby sigh and gulp her wine. "Wow."

"Yeah."

"I guess it helped you get some perspective on things. You are your job, I think that break, well, not the nearly dying part was a godsend. What if some higher power planned it to make you change your life?" Abby wondered, always one to believe in signs and fate.

"And where does that leave Braydon then?" Miranda asked wistfully.

"Braydon?"

"The guy who found me, surely you heard about it?"

"I've heard, things." Now Miranda got worried, thanks to the smirk on her friends face. "So, he's what, living with you?"

"Yeah, he has no where else to go Abs." She defended.

"And is he the reason you're not the terminator in heels at work this week?" There it was again, that mischievous twinkle appearing in Abby's eyes.

"What? They don't call me that?"

"Yeah, and that was the nicest out of all the names. Never mind that, so what's the deal? You were walking on sunshine this morning!"

"I can be in a good mood!" Miranda snapped.

"No, not that like you can't. Even when you're swooning over Jason you never looked like that!" Abby sipped her wine again, not needing Miranda to answer.

"He isn't like Jason," Curling her legs up underneath her, you couldn't compare the two. "but we ah, we kissed last night and-"

"You and amnesia boy kissed? What if he has a wife and then he gets his memory back and-" Miranda cut off Abby by holding up her hand.

"I know, I know! We didn't meet under the best circumstances, but there is just something about him. I've never felt so, connected, to someone before. Maybe it was the being stranded in the forest thing, but the more I get to know him and help him, its like he just belongs here. He even survived a gathering at Mums!"

"So have you two, you know?" Abby winked and Miranda felt her cheeks go red instantly.

"No. No!" She repeated, "Anything between us will have to go slow, very slow."

"And Jason?"

Miranda gulped her wine. And what about Jason? She told Abby everything that had happened since they were found and finally came to the conclusion.

"There isn't anything there. He is a great friend and I owe him a lot, but I've been stuck on a fantasy for so many years. I don't feel like I'm me with him, like I have to be someone else, the someone who gets called the terminator in heels." Miranda laughed, not looking forward to walking through the office in the morning, knowing what her co-workers call her. It was probably for the best Abby didn't tell her the other nicknames.

Miranda squealed as Abby leapt off her chair and practically climbed onto her lap, hugging her tightly. "I am so glad you just said that It's almost like everything I've been saying to you for the last hundred years has finally sunk into your brain! I don't get how you could even like him, well unless you like that rich and handsome thing he has going on. Everything has a reason Andy, leave your mind open and love will find its way!"

"Love? Come on Abs, you're getting a little far ahead of yourself there!"

"We'll see!" She smiled knowingly, finally letting Miranda go.

One thing was for sure; Abby knew Rory hadn't been making anything up when he had filled her in on the wild man and how Miranda had changed since coming home. Her friend hadn't been herself in a long time and usually it took a lot more wine and coaxing to get her to open up about anything, let alone talk about some kind of feelings. It was nearly impossible to get her to come over for dinner too, especially during the week when overtime at work had her late or non-existent at their dinner table.

Now as they sat their chatting and gossiping, it was as if time hadn't passed and they were back on the rooftop of Miranda's apartment building having a girl's night like they always did when they were neighbors. They spoke about real things, their families and mutual friends; most of whom Miranda never saw anymore since work took over her life.

Abby was scared of letting Miranda go home, incase this was all a dream and she'd imagined the whole night. If Rory was right though, it would be something she wouldn't have to worry about anymore and her old friend was back.

-x-

Having stopped at a nearby ice-creamery on her way home, Miranda walked into her apartment to find the surround sound stereo system she had turned up. Her arrival was unknown to the duo and she unpacked the small take away tubs, got spoons and even managed to change out of her work clothes before Braydon sensed she was home first.

It was too late to hide what he and Rory had been up to though. Empty pizza boxes covered the coffee table and Braydon quickly stashed the empty beer cans under the edge of the sofa as Miranda walked in. Instantly she looked at the duo suspiciously, not helped by strange way Rory seemed to be holding her cushion and Braydon's glazed over eyes.

"What's going on?" She asked cautiously, handing out the ice cream before her arm froze from holding them against it.

"Nothing." They both answered and Braydon took one look at Rory before he burst out laughing.

"You're drunk!" She instantly accused, the smell of beer undeniable as she caught a whiff of his breath.

"No!" Braydon turned serious, shaking his head.

Miranda turned the volume down to a more manageable level and then glared at Rory. "You got him drunk?"

Guilty as charged, Rory produced his own beer from behind the cushion.

"It wasn't intentional, look at him. I didn't think he'd be such a light weight!" Rory defended.

"You don't like coffee, but you drink beer?" Miranda shook her head as Braydon looked as guilty as Rory. It was like two teenagers being caught out by their parents coming home early and she couldn't hide her laugh.

"Oh you got mint choc-chip!" Rory smiled, having opened his tub and the beer talk was forgotten.

Braydon quickly opened his, happy to find the familiar blue and pink swirl of bubblegum inside. "My favorite!"

"Seriously, you two alone together is a bad idea. What next, I'm going to come home to a party or to find out he now has a tattoo?" Miranda rolled her eyes, faking how annoyed she was. If anything it was kind of funny and the duo only mumbled a sorry, now more focused on their ice cream.

"You have a tattoo!" Braydon suddenly argued, not seeing anything wrong with him getting one.

"No way!" Rory gasped, "You have a tattoo Andy?"

"Well done Braydon, yes Rory, I have a tattoo." Miranda took a seat in the middle of them, knowing what was next. Rory didn't disappoint.

"Where? Can I see it?"

"No."

Rory gasped again, the eight beers making him a little too bold. "It's somewhere naughty isn't it?" He stopped, looking at Braydon, "How does he know about it then?"

"It's no where like that you perve!" Miranda slapped the back of his head, making Braydon laugh again. "What are you watching?"

"Expendables. Did you know it's got everyone in it? Stalone, Arnie, Bruce Willis!" Braydon spoke up, finally looking back to the TV.

"Oh no, don't change the subject. I don't believe that you, Miranda Wright, my ball busting boss by day, cool chick by night - actually has it in her, to get a tattoo." Rory didn't drop it.

"Ball busting?" Miranda repeated making him smile sheepishly.

"Come on, we've worked together for a few years now. Tell me!" He begged.

"Fine!" Miranda groaned, putting down her ice cream she turned to face him and rolled up the hem of her singlet, making sure not to let any of her bra slip into view. "There, you've seen it!"

Looking over, Braydon froze and struggled to swallow the mouthful of dessert. Her skin was paler than he was used to thanks to the only light being from the TV and the flat, toned shape of Miranda's stomach left him speechless once more. He didn't feel in control of his own body as he drank her in, mesmerized as he remembered seeing her in a lot less. Instantly all the blood in his system felt as it was rushing south, and Braydon shifted slightly to he too was holding a cushion.

"Oh neat!" Rory sat up a little, leaning in to read that familiar cursive script.

Since he was so focused on it, Braydon saw his friends eyes drift from the mark on Miranda's skin to all over her midriff and then peek a little higher as she pulled her shirt back down to her hips. All feelings left Braydon, other than a possessive rage. In a perfect case of timing the warning growl left him as something exploded on the TV, drowning it out, yet as Miranda sat back down, she didn't miss it.

"You alright?" She asked softly, not sure what was going on with him. "How much beer did you drink?"

"Only three cans." He answered through gritted teeth, not able to bring himself to look at her or Rory.

"If you wanted to drink, you could've just asked. I'm not mad or anything, just don't get sick because I don't do well with vomit." Miranda smiled, her hand resting on his leg which helped put him at ease. More for Rory's sake, Braydon ended up with his arm over Miranda's shoulders causing her to instinctively lean against him.

It may not have actually given Rory a stay away message, but it did confirm to him that something was going on between the pair.

"Well I better head off, don't want to risk being late or anything tomorrow. My boss can be a real bitch!" Rory teased, getting up.

"Keep that up and I won't disappoint!" Miranda warmed, playfully punching him in the arm.

Braydon walked Rory to the door, over his moment of jealously. "Thanks for tonight."

"Any time bro, most of my friends have girlfriends and kids and shit, makes it hard just to hang out. Give us a call and I'm keen to do it again." He offered his fist and Braydon remembered to bump it before Rory left.

Heading back through, Braydon stopped at the kitchen as Miranda had taken all their rubbish out of the living room and was now tidying up. She didn't know he was there yet as she hummed a song under her breath as she moved from the bin to the counter and taking the damp cloth wiped it down.

Her hips swayed to her own tune as she picked up the pace and throwing the cloth like a basketball, sent it into the sink. Spinning around, she jumped at the sight of Braydon in the doorway, wondering how long he had been there for.

"So, how was school?" She smiled, her cheeks flushing with pink slightly.

The relaxed demeanor vanished and Braydon wished she hadn't asked. "Alright."

"Just alright? What about that tutoring? I'm so glad you're trying with this! I was really worried I was pushing you into it too soon." Leaving the kitchen, they found their place back on the lounge together and just for a second, Braydon wondered if it would be like this with Carolina. "Oh and I spoke to Dad this afternoon, he wanted to know if you would be interested in going to work with him on Monday. They asked us over there for the weekend again."

Braydon listened to Miranda talk, knowing it didn't matter who Carolina was. He didn't need to be put amongst her pack because his was here and he had never felt more at home. To prove that point to himself, he ended up silencing Miranda with a kiss, realizing just how much he had missed her. With Rory gone, he lifted her shirt slightly, and Miranda shivered with goose bumps as his hands roamed over her back, her stomach and rested on her hips as they were soon making out like teenagers once again.

Finding the ability to stop, Miranda reluctantly pulled away and the same flare of anxiety reappeared. "Is everything really okay Braydon? I just. It's weird. I have this feeling and I can't shake it. It's like something bad is about to happen."

"It is. Everything is great." He answered easily.

"Really? You would tell me if it wasn't, wouldn't you?" Biting her lip, Braydon could tell she was stressed.

"I promise."

'Then tell her about our mate!' The voice of reason spoke up in his mind, but Braydon didn't want to do that now, not when he could already tell she was upset.

"Okay, good. I'm going to bed then and oh I almost forgot! I've got dinner with Jason tomorrow night. Do you want me to get Rory around again?" Getting up Miranda stretched, trying to rid herself of the tension.

"Why?" Braydon's voice darkened, and his eyes instantly narrowed.

"Honestly, he wants to talk about us, me and him." Miranda admitted, bending back down to squat in front of him. "He wanted to do it at work and I thought it would be best to keep it all separate."

"You and him?" Again Braydon didn't hide how much he didn't like it.

Reaching out, Miranda gently cupped Braydon's face. "There is no me and him, and that's why we're having this dinner. I'm not going to tell him that in the office, Rory is bad enough gossiping let alone all them!"

A warm feeling of satisfaction consumed Braydon then, understanding her words. He won. Miranda chose him, but what it really meant was beyond his comprehension.

'She belongs with her kind. You belong with yours.' Yet the conviction wasn't there like it was before.

"Good night Braydon." Miranda kissed his forehead and left him to go to bed.

Braydon didn't follow.

What did that mean for them? And Carolina? He hated that he couldn't stop thinking of her now. It was nearly an hour later when Braydon got up and went to linger in the doorway of Miranda's bedroom. He should have told her about Carolina and now, he didn't know how to do that.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.6M 39.8K 63
This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Valentine Winters, she is a werewolf and an Alpha's youngest daughter. On her sixteenth birthday, sh...
11.8K 517 14
//Completed // I turned around and looked at the door. My brother was standing there, smiling at me. "Hey Lorcan," I cautiously walked up to him, hu...
54.9K 1.7K 32
Pack destroyed. Father dead, mother dead, sister dead. Little Brayden is left alone. If it weren't for the teenage Alpha that finds him and takes him...
5K 360 22
He knows his mate is dead. He never met her but he knows. No wolf wants to be without their mate but young Alpha Bane has lost his before he could ev...