The Strength of the Weak {A N...

By InfernoAeolian

The Uchiha clan - a prestigious noble clan of Konohagakure, renowned for their infamous and deadly kekkei gen... More

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 1
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 2
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 3
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 4
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 5
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 6
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 7
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 8
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 9
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 10
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 11
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 12
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 13
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 14
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 15
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 16
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 17
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 18
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 19
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 20
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 21
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 22
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 23
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 24
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 25
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 26
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 27
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 28
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 29
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 30
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 31
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 32
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 33
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 34
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 35
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 36
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 37
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 38
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 39
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 40
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 41
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 42
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 43
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 44
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 45
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 46
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 47
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 49
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 50

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 48

3.3K 145 56
By InfernoAeolian

Satomi P.O.V.

I pant wildly as Sasuke stares at me, a bit of blood dribbling down his chin from my punch. The unnerving part, though, was the fact that his face was devoid of any emotion whatsoever. 

"This is my fault, isn't it? I haven't supported you like I needed to, as your sister. But I promise, if you come back, I'll do better! You just tell me what I need to change and I'll do it! Just please... please, Sasuke... don't leave me alone. I'll give up my life as a shinobi if you want! I'll help you kill Itachi! Just... just come home with me. What do you say?" I whisper, holding my hand out to him, tears beginning to flow down my cheeks.

Sasuke stares at my hand, before lifting his own and slowly reaching towards my outstretched grasp. A disbelieving smile reaches my face, my spirits lifting as he comes closer and closer to coming home.

All of my happiness shatters away as his hand darts past my own, backhanding me hard enough to send me tumbling over the side of the statue, a devious grin on his face.

"You're too weak."

Those three words break my heart in two, my expression no doubt crumbling as I watch his figure disappear, my body hurtling towards the water at breakneck speed. He didn't give a damn if I died... all he cares about is his own selfish revenge.

::

3rd Person P.O.V.

Naruto watches in disbelief as Satomi is sent plummeting into the water, Sasuke having sent her over the edge carelessly. He couldn't believe just how powerful Sasuke had become, even from just after a day.

Growling, Naruto pushes himself back onto the water, preparing to go back at Sasuke with a newfound drive to bring him home. Sasuke sees the attack incoming, jumping down and getting the better of Naruto, punching him back down into the earth, but not before stealing his weapons pouch.

Whilst trying to catch his breath, Naruto sends a shuriken towards Sasuke to try to befuddle him, however, Sasuke dodges and throws a kunai of his own which Naruto just barely manages to dodge.

Naruto then decides to hide behind a rock in order to come up with a plan of attack. Sneering, Sasuke sends out two kunai, one to deflect the other straight into Naruto's hiding place. Luckily, Naruto had just enough time to produce a shadow clone to take the attack before he leaps into the air determinedly.

Working swiftly, Sasuke sends out a barrage of shuriken, many containing wires, which trap Naruto against a rock. He squirms to get out, but to no avail as Sasuke sends a stream of fire down the wire, which would incinerate Naruto.

A kunai cuts through the wires before they had a chance to hit their mark, much to Sasuke and Naruto's surprise. Looking over, they find Satomi panting as she resurfaces from the water, her heart seemingly broken if her expression was anything to go by.

Taking the opportunity to strike, Naruto darts forwards and nails Sasuke with a right hook. He hesitates, however, when he sees the dead look in his eyes. Scoffing, Naruto throws another few punches, with the same results.

"Do you realize now... that I'm not even using my sharingan?" Sasuke growls, kicking Naruto down to the ground. Naruto coughs up blood when he makes impact, surprise littering his features. Just what had happened to his friend to make him like this?

Not wasting any time, Sasuke sends a fireball towards Naruto, who could barely move after all of the powerful attacks he had taken. Satomi, who had finally caught her breath, body flickers in front of Naruto, sending her own fireball and picking up Naruto, hiding in the forest with him until they could come up with a plan to take Sasuke down.

"Thanks, Satomi-chan. You really saved me back there," Naruto laughs humorlessly, watching Sasuke with lidded eyes. Satomi gives a small nod, not daring to speak in fear of her voice breaking. She couldn't be weak, not in such a desperate time.

"I don't know how to defeat him, Satomi-chan. He got this power out of nowhere, you know? All I can do is get beaten to a bloody pulp," Naruto says in frustration, eyes widening when Sasuke figures out their location.

"Why don't you two come on out? Unless you want me to come to you," he threatens, a sinister sneer playing on his lips. Satomi sighs, taking Naruto's hand and leading him out into Sasuke's view.

"You were all talk earlier, Naruto. What happened? Realizing that you can't beat me?" Sasuke taunts, his sharingan blazing. Clicking her tongue, Satomi activates her own sharingan to rival his, finally having gotten herself together after his verbal abuse.

She wouldn't be a liability in this anymore.

Darting forwards, Sasuke takes Naruto by surprise, sending a punch powerful enough to break bones, which he very well could have done with Naruto's ribs. Scowling, Satomi leaps into action, sweeping her leg to trip Sasuke.

He barely jumps over, flipping onto his hands and kicking Satomi away from him. She lands on her feet, sliding while performing a set of swift handsigns.

"Raiton: Raiju Tsuiga!" she shouts, sending a beast of lightning towards her brother. He laughs crazily, dispersing it with his Chidori and heading straight for Satomi. Her eyes widen as she ducks right before he hits her, kicking him up into the air.

He grunts from the impact, quickly recovering and landing safely on his feet. He then leaps up to the statue from before settling on the tips of the fingers of his handsign. Scowling, Satomi jumps over to the statue of the woman, resting herself on her praying hands as she faces Sasuke yet again.

"Is this all for power, Sasuke? The power to kill Itachi?" Satomi questions lowly, her sharingan eyes blazing as she glares at Sasuke.

"Yes."

"Then you're nothing but a fool," Satomi scoffs, clenching her fists at her sides. "This power isn't yours, it's all Orochimaru's. Without this, you wouldn't be able to fend off both Naruto and I simultaneously. All that wretched snake wants is your sharingan, and you're walking right into his trap. You're listening to a madman. He doesn't care about helping you kill Itachi, all he cares about is his own sick desire."

"It's all the same to me, as long as the power is mine. No matter what, I will kill Itachi. That is absolute," he growls, activating his Chidori once again and diving down, to where Naruto was resurfacing. 

Satomi dives after him, using her body flicker technique to flash over to the side and direct her chakra into her signature jutsu. Naruto, who saw Sasuke incoming, quickly produces a clone and creates a Rasengan, sprinting towards him with his jutsu outstretched.

"Naruto!"

"Sasuke!"

"Stop this!"

The three jutsu collide, a huge explosion sending each of them tumbling back down into the water. Sasuke immediately resurfaces, kneeling down and glaring at Naruto, who was watching him sorrowfully. Satomi crawls her way to the surface, sputtering out water that she had accidentally inhaled.

With a scowl, Sasuke stands up on his feet, the curse mark slowly spreading across his body like a wildfire as he allows the evil power to course through his veins. Stalking up to Naruto, he grabs the blond by the scruff of his jacket, activating his Chidori one more time.

"You are my best friend. Which is why I must kill you."

Thrusting his hand forwards, Satomi can only watch in horror as Sasuke's jutsu cuts clean through Naruto's shoulder, having been deflected to the left before it could pierce his heart. Growling, Satomi sprints towards the boys, pulling Sasuke off of Naruto as a fierce red chakra begins to swirl around him.

With Sasuke in her arms, she slams the boy into the water, adding an extra kick to the chest for good measure. 

"Sasuke... I don't care if I have to break every bone in your body... I will bring you home!" Naruto shouts in a fit of rage, eyes dead set on Sasuke, who was pulling himself to his feet. Seeing the situation becoming serious, Satomi activates her mangekyo sharingan.

Before long, Naruto is on the offensive, beating down Sasuke over and over. Satomi stays off to the side, keeping her distance since it seemed like Naruto could handle it at the moment.

Soon enough, Sasuke is thrown into the side of a cliff, Naruto having gotten the better of him with his clones.

"I'm bringing you home, Sasuke!" Naruto shouts, going in to deliver the final blow. Before he could make contact, though, Sasuke sends a huge fireball, effectively burning Naruto and his mass of clones. 

"Naruto-kun!" Satomi calls, quickly making her way up the cliff to check on her friend. She doesn't get there in time, Sasuke having grabbed Naruto and slammed him head first into the ground below.

Gasping, Satomi lets herself fall down to their level, body flickering behind Sasuke and kicking him away before he could finish Naruto off. She then picks Naruto up, retreating a safe distance away before Sasuke could retaliate.

"Please don't be dead," Satomi prays, cradling Naruto in her arms as tears billow in her onyx eyes. He doesn't make any indication of being alive, much to Satomi's horror. 

"This isn't you, Sasuke... please tell me this is a dream..." she mutters weakly, her tears falling on Naruto's face in endless streams. Satomi suddenly gasps as red chakra begins to seep from Naruto, burning her skin at the touch.

She quickly places him down, hopping away as he shoots up and immediately attacks Sasuke, who was not able to dodge his strikes so effectively anymore. Before long, Naruto is able to send Sasuke crashing into the wall of the mountain, blood dripping down the corners of his mouth.

"I have to use this power... you're not giving me much of a choice, Naruto," Sasuke growls, letting his curse mark take full effect. Satomi gasps as his skin begins to turn a dark, ashy grey, the whites of his eyes fading black and his hair growing into a fierce mane of grey over his head.

"Sasuke..." Naruto mutters dejectedly, his fists shaking at his sides weakly. His resolve hardens as his eyes flash, his body charging straight for Sasuke as he screams in frustration. Satomi watches with wide eyes as figures that look like wings protrude from Sasuke's back, easily blocking the attack.

The three of them jump over to their respective statues, no words being exchanged. Each of them wielded a unique and dangerous power. The nine-tailed fox's chakra, the curse mark, and the mangekyo sharingan.

It was time to see who would prevail.

Satomi, Sasuke, and Naruto each charge forwards, jutsus forming in their hands as they try one last desperate attempt to beat the other.

"Chidori!"

"Rasengan!"

"Inferunodoragon!"

A blast of chakra whips around them as they stay suspended in the air, the force causing the waves to rage and a storm to brew overhead. Satomi's eyes fill with tears as she gazes at the two boys, her heart clenching painfully at the scene. 

Her brother.

Her best friend.

And her.

::

Each of them was clearly defeated, although one of them still stood up.

Sasuke.

He limps over to look at Naruto, who was lying unconscious in the dirt. Sasuke's headband slips from his head, clattering beside Naruto, the scratch etched over the sign of the Leaf. 

"S-Sasuke..." a quiet voice whimpers, the sound of light footsteps invading his ears. He glances up, spotting Satomi panting as she slowly walked over to him, holding her left arm painfully. She had once again gotten in between the two of their jutsus, her hand burned from the power it had endured.

Satomi stops right in front of Sasuke, tears clearly falling from her eyes, despite the cover of the rain. He blinks at her, too tired to be able to fend off the attacks she was surely about to send him. However... two fingers poke his forehead, causing his eyes to widen as he stared in disbelief at his sister, who was giving him a genuine smile.

"I love you, Sasuke. The next time we meet, I'll bring you home for sure. Until then... brother," she whispers out, her eyes finally rolling to the back of her head as she collapses in defeat. 

Sasuke stares at her collapsed body, unable to shake the feeling of regret that was slowly creeping up his spine, before clenching his fists and walking away. Away from Konoha, and away from Satomi.

"Until then, sister."

::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.9K 36
What if Uzumaki Naruto had a sister? That he never knew she existed. Her name is Minako. A Kunoichi, Jinchūriki and the reincarnation of Uzumaki Mito...
63.9K 1.5K 33
Akako Uchiha is the sister of Sasuke Uchiha, and graduated the academy at the same time as him. Groups of four were made once the students who passed...
40.7K 1K 72
Indra Uchiha is Sasuke's younger brother named after their ancestor. Due to his exceptional abilities he was put in a grade higher , being in the sam...
199K 9.4K 50
AU: The Uchiha Massacre did not happen. The streets weren't lined with blood and Sasuke was not the brooding avenger Fate had imagined him to be. It...