This Means War (Selene)(COMPL...

By DMHosmon21

Book #2 in The Fire series SELENE BLAZE "You've got the wrong girl." I say as I continue to take a step backw... More

Authors Note
Chapter One Welcome Back Home
Chapter Two Leonardo is Her Motorcycle
Chapter Three Time For Change
Chapter Four Ready or Not
Chapter Five Just Dance
Chapter Six Sleeping Douchebag
Chapter Seven Second Chance
Chapter Eight Stories of Rumble
Chapter Nine Mood to Kill
Chapter Ten The BadBoy Can Dance
Chapter Eleven Race of A Lifetime
Chapter Twelve A Tough One
Chapter Thirteen What Now
Chapter Fourteen Time For Pizza
Chapter Fifteen Just A Trick
Chapter Sixteen Maybe Just A Game
Chapter Seventeen Leave Me Alone
Chapter Eighteen Not A Vampire
Chapter Nineteen Ask Me Nicely
Chapter Twenty Falling In Love
Chapter Twenty-One Just Let Loose
Chapter Twenty-Two My Healed Cuts
Chapter Twenty-Three Follow The Dance
Chapter Twenty-Four Chin Up And Smile
Chapter Twenty-Six To Get Revenge
Chapter Twenty-Seven Going Psycho
Chapter Twenty-Eight Catch On Fire
Chapter Twenty-Nine Let Her Go
Chapter Thirty The White and Red Racer
Chapter Thirty-One Beauty Is Pain
Chapter Thirty-Two Hating Her Instead
Chapter Thirty-Three It's Always A Battle
Chapter Thirty-Four Wanted To Die
Chapter Thirty-Five Joking Or Not
Chapter Thirty-Six Just Keep Breathing
Chapter Thirty-Seven Barely Holding On
Chapter Thirty-Eight All Mixed Up
Chapter Thirty-Nine Probably Angry
Chapter Forty Break Some Hearts
Chapter Forty-One Want Me To Hate You
Chapter Forty-Two Feeling All Awkward
Chapter Forty-Three Just Say Shut Up
Chapter Forty-Four Lost It Again
WHAT SHOULD I DO
Chapter Forty-Five Not An Angry Person
Chapter Forty-Six The Famous Jaxon
Chapter Forty-Seven An Act Of War
Chapter Forty-Eight Going To A Rave
Chapter Forty-Nine Watching Us
Chapter Fifty This is Crazy
Chapter Fifty-One Not Getting Out
Chapter Fifty-Two Never Trust Anyone
Chapter Fifty-Three Not Who I Was
Chapter Fifty-Four Return The Favor
Chapter Fifty-Five Pull The Trigger
Chapter Fifty-Six Say I'm Insane
Chapter Fifty-Seven The Football Game
Chapter Fifty-Eight Not Leaving Yet
Chapter Fifty-Nine Last That Long
Chapter Sixty My Biker Boy
Chapter Sixty-One Oh My- Jesus
Chapter Sixty-Two No Easy Way
Chapter Sixty-Three Thought Wrong Mister
Chapter Sixty-Four Wasn't The Best Me
Chapter Sixty-Five Actually Hate Me
Chapter Sixty-Six Time To Pitch In
Chapter Sixty-Seven Remembering The Note
Chapter Sixty-Eight I Am Rumble
Chapter Sixty-Nine Her Gravestone
Chapter Seventy My Goodbye
Chapter Seventy-One There's Nothing To Do
Chapter Seventy-Two All Meant Nothing
Chapter Seventy-Three Thief. Liar. Murderer
Chapter Seventy-Four New Injuries Every Week
Chapter Seventy-Five We Can Fight
The Next Book
A Simple Warning
Characters!
Wanna Help?

Chapter Twenty-Five Show You How Its Done

2.6K 149 31
By DMHosmon21

Take a Hint- Nightcore

     I jump with the crowd as I dance by myself but yet with everyone else here. The club was dim and people were everywhere jumping around and just dancing crazily to the songs that played. I close my eyes and just let loose jumping around and swinging my arms above my head. I twist my hips and kick out my legs while running my hands through my hair before flipping it back behind me. I was dancing all the anger out of me. Forgetting all the lies I've been told. Dancing is the only way I can fully be free.

     I was going crazy so I put on light blue jean shorts with a maroon crop top that tied in the front. I had on some cute brown ankle boots that had a small heel on them that made me feel taller. I know I've been here for at least two hours but I didn't care. I had a lot of steam I needed to let loose and this was just the beginning. I was just getting started. I felt my shirt bouncing along with me going up and up along with my shorts but I didn't care. Nope. Not one bit.

     Suddenly I feel hands on my hips and my eyes open to see a slightly older man dancing with me with a glint in his eyes. "You having fun tonight?" The man asks me with a wide smile. Something tells me he has bad intentions.

     "Yeah." I say. "I am. So don't ruin it for me, go on and leave me alone."

     "Oh sweetie I don't want to ruin your night." The man smiles running his hands up and down my sides. I slow my dancing a little. "I want to make it better."

     "Look I'm being nice right now so I suggest you leave me alone."

     "You're playing nice?" He asks gripping my hips and pulling me towards him. "Play bad." He breathes on my face and his breath made me want to gag but I recover and give him a smile as I put my arms on his shoulders.

     "You want me to play bad?" I ask.

     "Very bad." He nods smiling wider.

     "Okay." I give him a smile before jumping up and stomping on his foot, kneeing him between the legs, and then swinging my hips and knocking him away from me before I close my eyes again and continue dancing. If you could even call what I was doing dancing. Besides, what that man just did gave me more steam to let out. I smile and let out a laugh as I feel the heat from everyone here being so close together.

     Everyone was having fun, so why shouldn't I? I throw my arms above my head again and start swinging my hips and shaking my butt like no one was watching. Because most of the people here don't care about you, they came here to dance and have fun themselves. Not stalk women letting off steam. Besides, there are plenty of ways to let off steam. Everyone here is just lucky I chose to dance. I could have chosen to burn my house down, or shoot Wesley Quinn. I didn't.

     Hands were placed on my hips from behind me and I look to see a man maybe in his twenties. He has a smile on his face and he was cute, but he wasn't who I wanted to dance with- I didn't want to dance with anyone. I shake my head as the man starts moving in sync with my hips and pulls me back, to where my back brushed against his front. What is with all these horny guys? Why do guys have to be so horny? This is a serious question that I ask myself all the time.

     Yes, I get that I'm in a club, but it's not like I have a big sign that says 'I'm young and single, come grind on me'. Better yet I don't just walk around with a sign that says 'you're the player, make me the game'. That's what people seem to be doing lately. Making me a game. I'm not a game and I'm done playing them. At least if I choose to play them, I'll be playing to win. I take the man's hands of my hips and spin around to face him. "How about a dance?" He asks.

     "How about no." I say putting my hand on his chest and pushing him back into the crowd and- the best part- away from me. I came to left out steam and leave. Not find a new dancing buddy who probably doesn't even want to freaking dance. I spin around again and continue shaking my hips just letting everything go. My eyes roam around the club until I spot the exit door open and the person I like least in the world enter. It's like he's freaking following me I swear!

     I shake my head and let out an annoyed sigh as I try to keep dancing to the beat. "You seem like you got some moves." A male voice says behind me. Finally, I was just tired of it all. I just want to get this over with now. I stop dancing and face the man with my arms crossed over my chest.

     "If this is your lame attempt to ask me to dance just skip over it and leave." I say waving my hand. The man looks down and chuckles as I narrow my eyes.

     "Actually I was going to ask you to teach me some moves." He says which made me completely stunned. My eyebrows raised as I step back and process what he said.

     "You want me to teach you?" I ask just in case I heard him wrong and he nods.

     "If it's not a problem of course." He says raising his hands making me smile and I shake my head.

     "No no. It's no problem." The song changes letting a new beat begin and I nod to the beat. "Okay follow my lead and try this." I say doing a couple of moves and then stopping waiting for him. He does the moves perfectly and I raise an eyebrow but shake my head and do more moves and he does them again perfectly. Oh it's on. I start doing quick moves as the man smiles and the crowd opens up giving us room and cheers.

     The man does some of his own moves moving his feet quickly and doing things with his arms that made the crowd cheer louder. I smile at him and bend my knees shaking my hips and my shoulders. I dust off my shoulders before clapping and jumping up to a standing  position and I move my feet around quickly while shaking my arms. I stop and let him go as he smirks and starts dancing too. Suddenly he drops to the floor and spins around on his hands and then on his head before coming to a stop on his side with his head propped up on his elbow.

     I smirk and motion to the crowd to open a path as they do what I'm told leading a clear path to the stage. I wink at the man as he stands up before I run jumping to my hands doing handsprings and pushing off hard on the last one until I land on the stage. The crowd cheers as the man frowns and I do a bow, but his look changes with determination which tells me this isn't over. The man runs toward the stage as I back up and then he does a backflip onto the stage landing it nicely making the crowd cheer.

     "You asked me to teach you." I say loudly. "So let me show you how it's really done." The man nods.

     "Okay. You do that." He smirks. I shake my shoulders before doing a backflip as the crowd cheers again and landing it and then doing a bunch of dance moves making sure every part of my body was dancing. I was swinging my arms, and moving my feet, shaking my hips and flipping my hair. I stop after I flip my hair back again and watch him.

     "You got that?"

     "I got it. Now let me show you how it's done." He says and then he jumps making his body diagonal as he flips in the air and then lands it. He does a body roll and begins shaking his hips as I roll my eyes putting my best game face on. This guy was good, but I needed to be better. Every part of his body was moving as the crowd cheered for him. He got low and kicked out his feet before bending backwards and doing a back handspring landing it in a standing position as he dusted off his shirt and looks to me.

     I yawn before stepping forward a couple of steps while looking him directly in the eyes. The Dj must've caught on to what was going on because he changed the song to just upbeat music that vibrated through my chest. As soon as the music's bass drops I do to landing back on my hands before kicking my hips in the air and throwing me back onto my feet. Honestly I have no idea how I'm doing all this in these boots with heels.

     With each dance move I do I take a step closer to him as he shakes his head and rolls his eyes placing his hands on his hips. I put my arms above my head and spin my hips hearing a few whistles. I put my arms out in front of me and bend my knees as I shake my hips again before standing up straight and gently but not so gently pushing him back. I didn't realize how close to the edge he was so when he starts to fall back I quickly grab him and pull him back up using all my strength which makes me lose my balance and fall back when he stands straight.

     Before I hit the ground an arm goes behind my waste with the other behind my shoulders as he pulls me closer to him and then the music stops but we both stare at each other. He has beautiful hazel eyes and dark tan skin with short brown hair. How did I not notice how cute he was. The crowd cheers and whistles bringing me from the trance as he smiles and sets me up right. "I was right. You've got some moves." He says.

     "And you. Either I'm a pretty awesome teacher or you lied about needing to be taught to dance." He shakes his head.

     "I never said I needed to be taught to dance. I just asked if you could teach me some moves, and you did." He bows. "Nicely done." I smile and bow to him.

     "Same to you."

     "You're one of the dancers right?" He asks and I nod. He smiles wider and hops off the stage before looking to me. "You want a drink?"

     "Why not?" I ask going over to the edge as he holds up his hands for me to grab. "I don't need your help." He shrugs.

     "Humor me." Failing to fight the smile that came on to my face, I grab his hands and hop down letting him grab my hips and help. "My name is Alex by the way." He says and I hesitate. He chooses me to have a drink with? A girl with two identities? Just my luck.

     "My name is Sel." I say following him through the crowd. We make it to the bar counter and sit next to each other. "I've never seen you here before."

     "I just moved here to help... to solve a business problem."

     "Oh so you're a businessman. Did not see that coming."

     "Why's that?"

     "I don't know, you just seem young." I shrug.

     "Well, my father had the business but he passed away so now it's up to me to take care of it." He says.

     "Ooh, I would hate that." I say shaking my head and looking away.

     "Again, why's that?"

     "I feel like you'd be pressured. Like you'd have all these expectations to live up to. I'm not that type of person. I don't want to have to live up to anyone's expectations."

     "Yeah, I didn't really get a choice." He says looking down at his hands. That's when I noticed his tattoos all the way up and down both of his arms.

     "You have tattoos. I've always wanted one. Do they hurt?" He looks down at his arms before looking back up at me.

     "It depends on where you get it." Alex shrugs as I nod studying them still.

     "Sel. Your cousin wants you to go home. He says it's important." Wesley says next to me. How he got there no idea. Instead, I grab Alex's arm and trace one of his tattoos. "Now, is not the time to ignore me." He groans as I pretend to be completely focused. It honestly didn't take much.

     "That's what happens when you're mad at someone." I say still focused. I can only imagine Alex's face right now. He's probably confused.

     "I meant what I said." He says sternly.

     "No, you didn't."

     "Yes, I did." He says with anger lacing his voice. I sigh dropping Alex's arm and face Wesley.

     "I'm not your charity case, so leave me alone." I say in a low voice.

     "I never said you were my charity case." He growls. I stand up and cross my arms over my chest staring him down.

     "You didn't have to. I could see it in your eyes. Besides all you know how to do is lie." I say looking him up and down.

     "Who's this guy?" Alex asks on the verge of standing up.

     "A jerk." I spit out as Wesley's glare hardens. He turns to Alex.

     "You wanna know who this is?" Wesley grabs my wrist yanking it to him as he flips it and shows Alex the cut marks. "This is who the girl your talking to is. This is what she does, so don't waste your time." I look at him.

     "Is that what I've been doing to you? Wasting your time?" I ask watching as his face softens.

     "Sel-"

     "Right." I say nodding and yanking my wrist away. I raise my arm. "This is what I did. Did! Past tense- did and this was all when-" I cut myself off shaking my head. "You don't even care, you just lie, and lie, and lie and ruin my life. It's all you ever do." I bump his shoulder aggressively walking past him and through the crowd. So much for letting out steam. Seems like I just added on more. I shake my head as a tear falls but I quickly wipe it away.

     "Sel-" I start running until I get to the door and I throw it open before running out into the dark. I get to where my bike was and I quickly started it up slamming my helmet on and racing away as Wesley exits too shouting afterwards but I just keep ignoring him. Why should I listen? All he does is either make me cry or make me mad. It's like he lives to ruin my life. To make my life miserable. He's doing an A plus job if that's the case. I shake my head and speed to my house parking in my driveway.

     I take my helmet off and set it in front of me but I don't leave. Not yet. I needed to let everything out here where no one is watching. It didn't take much convincing myself before I start crying. I lean forward on my bike and wrap my arms around my head as I just let it all out. The tears, the cries. The only thing I held in were my scream that itched to be let out. That would draw attention. I hear a motorcycle engine coming down the road and I quickly wipe the tears away.

     I stand up and go inside my house locking the door behind me. I was about to cry here with my back against the door but I saw Liam and the twins watching me. I let out a shaky breath before I run up the stairs and into my room locking my door behind me. I didn't want anyone to bother me. I just wanted to cry alone in peace. I start crying with my back against the door when a light turns on and catches my eyes. Wesley entered his room and he immediately looks in my direction.

     He looks scared or worried. He probably thinks I'm going to take a knife and end it right here right now. As if I'd end my life over him.  I wipe my tears away and march to my window locking it and closing my curtains without a second glance. "He ruins everything." I say to myself. "He isn't worth your tears." Then why couldn't I stop them? I start sobbing in my hands when a knock sounds at my door and I go quiet.

     "Sel?" Liam's voice says through my door and I shake my head. "Sel, I know you're in there, talk to me." Silently I go to my door and flip the switch, turning the lights off. "I know you're not sleeping either, come on and open up. Please."

     "Just go away, Liam." I say softly. "For once I just need a boy free day."

     "Fine, but Sel. I'm here when you're ready to talk." He says and then I hear his footsteps walking away.

     "That's what they all say." I mutter yanking my wig off and throwing it across the room. "They say they'll keep you in the shallows but then they throw you in the deep."

———————————-
Why was Sel dancing so wildly? Did she possible meet a new friend? Who is Alex and what's this "business meeting" he's supposed to have? How long is Alex saying? Why did Wesley have to come and ruin her night? What was with his anger? Will he ever leave Sel alone? Will she ever get the boy free day she desperately needs? 7-26-18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 75.6K 86
BOOK #1 in The Fire series TRIGGER WARNING IN SOME CHAPTERS He leans closer, keeping me pinned against the wall with his hands on either side of...
1K 302 26
She looks...there are no words. Her clothe-less body lays stiff on a metal slab, and her head moving back and forth. I could stare at this all day, b...
507K 13.6K 36
✔COMPLETED ✔ Description: So, what do you do at 14 when you've been kicked out of the only home you've ever known? What do you do when you call you...
141K 4K 30
*Disclaimer, I wrote this when I was 14* "What are you doing" He kept his eyes on the road as we drove back to the hotel. "Taking back something I...