Quicksilver (X-men) One shots

By vrededromer

A selection of one shots about our favorite fast X-men, with emphasis on Dadneto, and other family relationsh... More

The Big Secret
Scars
Holidays
A Big Day
Sick
A New Mutant
Runaway
He left again
Experiment Part 1
Experiment Part 2
Experiment Part 3
Family Ties
Nightmares
Father's day
Boredom
Where's Peter?
The Argument
Growing Up
Confined
Powers
Mental
Finding out (An alternative Scenario)
The Road Trip
Meet the Brother

Return of the Stepfather

1.8K 42 10
By vrededromer

This one shot is a sort of follow up to the "mental" one shot.

Although the police thought he had only imagined seeing a silver haired kid, who ran faster than the speed of light, he knew he hadn't imagined it. It wasn't the alcohol or the stumble he took due to the impact. He saw the kid, he was real. He didn't just know it was real, he knew who the kid was. And a week ago he showed up on TV. He was a lot older now. A young man in his early twenties, but he still had the same dark brown eyes and silver hair. He had no doubt about it. The kid on TV was Peter Maximoff. And if there was one thing George knew, is that he would do whatever he could to make the little bastard pay for what he did to him.

Due to a school trip all the teachers and students were away from the mansion and with the help of a young mutant who can make things appear differently than they are, Erik went on a trip to Germany to visit his father's grave. As a result, only Isabel and Peter were at home. They were still a little beat up from Erik's rampage, and though they used their powers again, they preferred to stay at the mansion.

Peter and Isabel quite enjoyed having the mansion to themselves. They spent some time running and flying around the gardens, eating way too much junk food, training in the danger room and watching movies. For both of them, it was a new experiencing to have a close friend with whom they could share moments like those and they enjoyed every minute of it. They were currently sprawled out on the couch in the living room, with some buckets of ice cream. It was already dark outside, and in the corner of the room a fire was burning.

'Why did you die your hair, Iz?' Peter suddenly asked. 'When I met you it was brown, now it's like almost white blonde.'

'I used to die my hair brown to fit in more... My hair turned blonde when my powers came in, so I died it to keep attention away from it. Here I don't feel the need to hide, so I let it be.'

Peter chuckled. Thinking back to all the times he wanted to cut his own hair because off the odd color it had. 'I can't argue with you on that. I nearly shaved my head a few times, but my mom stepped in each time.'

Isabel smiled. 'I'm sure all of us have tried to change things about themselves. Our strange powers always come at a price.'

Peter nodded. 'yeah, they do, but they're still pretty cool.'

They both laughed, but were shook to silence when they heard a loud clang outside.

'What was that?' Isabel asked.

'I don't know, but let's check that proximity alarm thing Hank has created. I'm sure if there is something out there, that thing will know.

They got up and made their way to Hank's office.

Hank's office was filled with all kinds of computers, blinking lights, strange noises and elaborate machines. And the first minute Isabel and Peter set foot inside it, they were woefully overwhelmed.

'What is all of this junk?' Isabel asked. She knew Hank was a genius, always working on something, but she had never been in his office before and was confused by all the many things it displayed.

'I don't even know.' He pointed towards a small machine in the middle of the desk with a red light. 'That is proximity alarm thing, though. I'm sure of that.'

'The light is not blinking.'

'That means the system hasn't found anything. We should be fine.'

Isabel nodded, still feeling a bit uneasy. 'Alright. I'm just going to head to bed.'

'Probably a good idea.' They slowly walked up the stairs together and each went their separate ways to their own bedrooms.

It was around 2 in the morning when Isabel awoke. She had an uneasy feeling, and was pretty sure she heard something in the mansion. She knew she probably imagined the sound, but went out to investigate anyway. She walked out the door onto the hallway of the east wing of the 2nd floor. All the bedrooms of the girls and female teachers were in the east wing, the men and boys in the west wing. The east wing was quiet and empty, but the thought that something was wrong wouldn't leave her. In the dark she slowly made her way towards the west wing. Although the mansion was mostly symmetric, and the east and west wing should be the same, she felt less at home in the strange hallways. Some tables were in different places and it took her more effort to find her way in the dark. She was walking in the quiet dark when a scream startled her. She quickly started running towards the scream and realized she was running towards Peter's room.

'Peter!' she called out. Right as she turned the corner to his room, a man bumped into her. Together they fell to the ground. She had a split second to realize he wasn't Peter, before he punched her in the face, got up and started running again.

She jumped up and debated whether to run after him or find Peter.

'Get him!' She heard Peter call from her left. She looked to the left and saw him leaning against the wall, pulling a knife from his side. 'Go!' He called and she started moving.

She caught up to him faster than she had expected. He seemed to be limping, probably having hurt himself in the fall. He was almost at the bottom of the stairs, close to the door, while she was still at the top of the stairs. She quickly awakened her wings and flew down. She landed on top of him, pushing him down onto the floor.

'Who are you and why are you here?!' She yelled.

The man below her laughed hysterically. Isabel was confused, why would he be laughing?

'It doesn't matter what I have done.' He said. 'I know where you are now. I know where to find you, and I will hurt you.' He punched her again and started running towards the door, but it was locked. He turned around and looked upon Isabel with fear in his eyes. Her silver wings had disappeared, but there was determination in her eyes.

'I asked you; Who are you?'

She heard the creaking of the steps behind her and Peter's voice coming from behind. 'His name is George, he is my ex-stepfather.' Peter groaned as he came to stand beside Isabel. 'He's here to hurt me, because he hates me.'

'You're not wrong. But I think I'll go now.' He started running again, and Isabel groaned.

'We can't chase him through the entire mansion!' Isabel called.

'We don't have to. He'll take the window and walk outside. Let's go catch him.'

Together, slowly, they made their way outside and found George on the grass, crying in pain. His jump from the window had hurt his ankle even further and he couldn't walk.

'Well, that's awfully convenient.' Isabel stated.

'Yeah, but let's not question it.'

Isabel grabbed the man by the collar and dragged him back to the driveway, where by now a bunch of police cars were standing, ready to take George into custody.

Not long after Peter and Isabel were sitting inside again, pressing a rag into Peter's wound. Luckily it was shallow and he'd only lost some blood, but it still sucked.

They heard the front door open and close and a moment later someone walked into the living room.

'Why were there police cars leaving the property?' Erik asked as he sat down on the couch. He glared at Peter's wound. 'I'm assuming it has something to do with that.'

'My ex stepdad decided to show up and pay me a visit.'

Erik mad a noise which sounded close to a growl.

'Calm down, dad. He's got arrested; he'll get what he deserves. No need to get revenge on him.'

Erik sighed. 'Fine.' He got up and picked up his bag again. Before he left the room he turned his head towards Peter and Isabel again. 'You know, Peter. You're mother truly has the worst taste in men.'

Peter laughed slightly. 'I can't argue with that.'

And so Erik didn't go after George, but took note of the man's misdeeds. Peter knew as well as Erik did that if ever the moment came Erik met this George, he would make the man pay for hurting his son. And Peter prayed that day would never come.

Let me know what you think down in the comments :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 1.7K 16
Mainly marauder era and AU one-shots. Suggestions are wanted.
66.4K 2.4K 60
Most people don't know that It exists. It haunts her everyday. It taunts her to do horrible things for her "protection", and when she gets angry, and...
58.3K 1.2K 30
Basically a bunch of one shots about Alerrie❤️ Requests accepted
3.5K 40 18
Collection of Supercorp One-shots that are my favorite. (I'll try and update these every once in a while) Enjoy these whole I rethink my life choice...