One Sip

By irisdxnvers

All Kara wanted to do was drink away her pain until she comes across the CEO of L-Corp doing the same. Let's... More

One Sip

1.1K 48 8
By irisdxnvers

Supercorp because DIVERSITY! Hope you enjoy!

Also leave any suggestions you'd want to read! I'm not all about musical one shots after All!
________

Kara Danvers walked into the local bar with bags under her eyes and her actual bag in tow. She isn't one to drink but when your boyfriend of five years cheats on you, you literally don't have a choice.

She then sighed.

Cheating.

Just the word alone makes her nauseous. Well not as nauseous as when she walked into their bedroom after a long day and found him and Lucy Lane under the covers. Obviously the memory still burns in her mind but she wish she could forget it, which explains her plea for alcohol.

The bartender gave her a look when she sat down and somehow knew why she was there and knew what she needed. "Martini?" The bartender said as she gave Kara the drink.

She raised an eyebrow and took it. "But I didn't order this" She protested.

"I've been a bartender for ten years hon. I know anyone's situation just by their look." She explained.

Kara raised an eyebrow once more.

"Then tell me Ashely," she started after seeing her name tag. "What's my situation?" She challenged.

Ashley took the towel that sat on her shoulder and gave the blonde a smirk.

"You came home after a long day only to find your significant other in bed with someone else. You leave with no hesitation and come here hoping to drown your sorrows in alcohol." She finished.

Kara was literally speechless.

"Wow. You're good." She finally said.

Ashley chuckled then excused herself to go serve some other customers who were surprisingly waiting patiently.

As if for the hundredth time, Kara sighed then took a drink of her Martini.

"Rough Night?" A voice asked.

The blonde whipped her head to the side and saw her. Her black hair framed her face perfectly, her green eyes piercing her soul and she couldn't explain what she was wearing. She was just so beautiful.

Kara chuckled to herself and took another drink.

"You wouldn't believe!" Kara exclaimed.

"What's your name stranger?" She asked then took a sip of her own drink.

"Kara." She answered

"Kara. That's pretty."

"Not as pretty as you." After finishing that short sentence, Kara's eyes widened and quickly set her glass on the counter.

"I am so sorry, I didn't know where that came from and fuck I-"

The girl laughed herself and held out her hand.

"Lena Luthor."

Again, Kara's eyes widened. "You're the Lena Luthor. CEO of L-Corp! I knew you looked familiar!"

Lena smiled. "I'm surprised you're not running away. We Luthors are known for being evil." She said with a wink.

Kara started to play along. "Oh no! I'm close to a Luthor! I better run away now!"

They both started cracking up.

"So what's your story?" Lena asked curiously.

"I'm a reporter for CatCo worldwide media for starters." She began. Lena was immediately intrigued.

"Wait a minute, you're the girl who came to interview me with Clark Kent right!?" She recalled.

Kara nodded eagerly and took a sip of her Martini. "The one and only." She said with a grin.

"I apologize for interrupting you, please continue. Lena said.

"It's fine. My parents passed away in a fire when I was little-"

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" Lena sincerely said.

"It's not your fault. Anyway, I was put into foster care then adopted by the Danvers; an amazing family who treated me like their own. Their daughter Alex and I didn't really get along at first because we were so different but now we're as close as ever. My first job was a waitress at Noonan's, second job was a personal assistant for Cat Grant,"

"And what made you change?" Lena asked again.

"Growing up, I never wanted to be a personal assistant. I wanted to run into the danger and get the best stories and publish them. Therefore after three years of being Cat's assistant, she gave me a promotion and explained that I'm not fired but I'm moving up I'd say." she explained more.

"Seems like an amazing life, why are you here obviously trying to forget something or even someone?" Lena asked softly, trying not to intrude.

"His name is James Olsen. We met six years ago and immediately hit it off. About a year after dancing around each other, he asked me out and I said yes. Our years consisted of dates, cuddles, fancy dinners, a few arguments here and there and basically everything else. A few nights ago, I came home late after a long day and found the door unlocked and fancy music playing inside. I thought he had surprised me since I called him on my break and complained that I had to work later as I said. I slip off my heals, throw my jacket on the counter and found two empty wine glasses on the table and A trail of clothes leading upstairs where our bedroom was. I literally went pale and bravely followed it. So I wouldn't scare them, I quietly opened the door. Truth be told, some yelling and slapping happened then I left. Now my nights consist of going to different bars so no one recognizes me and calling my sister in the end since I'm obviously too drunk to drive." Kara finally finished then took a bigger drink of her alcoholic beverage as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Lena grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"That asshole isn't worth your time of day. That's five years built of trust and him to throw it all away for someone who can't even hold a candle to you is just sad and immature. You deserve way better and we may not be the best of friends but I'm here if you need a shoulder to lean on."

Kara sniffed and nodded. "Thank you. I apologize myself for ranting but I just don't have anyone else to go to and-"

Lena held up her hand as a sign for Kara to stop talking.

"Never apologize for ranting. You have every single right. Plus, holding in your emotions isn't healthy." She told her.

Kara laughed and gave her a look. "What are you secretly a therapist?"

Lena shook her head. "I'm speaking from experience but let me tell you this; it gets better. I promise."

"Thanks. Now tell me Ms.Luthor, what's your story?" Kara asked.

"You better buckle in because this is going to be a big ride."
_________

The two women were drunk as can be and for once, they didn't care.

"Wait wait wait wait. You what?!" Kara asked in between laughs.

"I told my college professor to fuck off after he was making sexist remarks." She repeated while laughing herself.

"Wow I didn't take you for a rebel growing up!" She said.

Lena took a drink and cleared her throat. "That's not even the worst."

Kara was immediately interested again.
"Tell me more."

"Let's just say that I tried dying my hair purple because all my public schoolmates were dying their own hair." She said.

Kara started cracking up.

"Wait a minute, Lena Luthor, a successful CEO and probably worth millions tried dying her own hair?!" She asked for confirmation.

"I told you I was a rebel!" She protested.

The two stopped laughing and got lost in each other's eyes. Blue met green and without thinking Lena lowered her voice. "Do you wanna get out of here?" She asked.

Kara didn't hesitate to answer. "I was thinking the same thing."

Lena closed her tab and paid for Karas and soon they were out.

The pouring rain made it seem like a romantic movie. People hurrying to get home and couples getting off the streets as quickly as possible.

The only two left in sight were Lena Luthor and Kara Danvers. Two people who barley just met but seemed like a married couple that's been together for years on end.

The lamp post shined brightly as Kara pulled the CEO into a kiss. The rain only made things better as Lena kissed the blonde back and somehow got her fingers tangled in her drenched hair.

They couldn't stop.

They wouldn't stop.

But unfortunately, there was this thing called air. Kara was the one to pull away but their lips remained close.

Almost using telepathy, Lena grabbed her hand and soon they were off to her penthouse. Their thoughts filled with lust and passion for each other.
______

Kara was woken up the next day by the sun and immediately didn't recognize where she was. Other than going to the bar and meeting that beautiful CEO, the rest was really blurry to her.

That beautiful CEO.

Kara paused and slowly turned and was starstruck. There, sleeping peacefully, was Lena Luthor herself. The white silk sheets covering her obviously naked body.

She fucked up.

She fucked up badly.

Kara sighed out of frustration. She needed Advil and water for her big hangover but she needed to talk to Lena. Despite them both being naked. Being quiet, she got up, threw on Lena's white blouse then sat on the bed as she buttoned it up. "Oh my god I had sex with the CEO of L-Corp" she finally realized. She got up again and found her shoe but couldn't find the other. "Where's my other shoe?! Dammit I paid nineteen dollars for those!" She whispered to herself.

As Kara looked for her shoe on Lena's side of the bed Lena slowly woke up. She looked at Kara, the other side of the bed then back at her.

"Kara?! Oh my god did we-"

"We did" Kara answered.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"So sure" She finished again.

Lena pulled the sheets up higher and rubbed her eyes.

"We really need to talk about this." Kara told her.

Lena nodded. "I need Advil first."

"Ditto."
______

They sat on her black leather couch over an hour later in silence.

"We were both drunk," Kara started.

"We were." Lena agreed.

"We didn't know this would happen."

Lena agreed again.

"But maybe, just maybe we can talk and get to know each other more. I honestly don't want this to be a one night stand then go back to barley knowing each other." Kara told her.

Lena laughed. "We barley know each other in the first place."

The blonde playfully rolled her eyes and shoved her softly.

"You know what I mean."

Lena nodded and held out her hand. "Lena Luthor. CEO of L-Corp."

Kara smiled and held out her own hand. "Kara Danvers. Reporter for CatCo worldwide media."

The two then started talking without the effect of alcohol in their system.

But what's to say a sip wouldn't hurt after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

149K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
159K 5.7K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.2M 49.8K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
157K 4.7K 49
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...