Soul of the Cerberus [NEW]

By AndieKlein

Twenty-three-year-old Korina Varga, a young art major had it all figured out. She would paint and sell her ar... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Homebound
Chapter 2 - The silver lining
Chapter 3 - It takes three to tango
Chapter 4 - Devil's advocate
Chapter 5 - Shadows in the dark
Chapter 6 - Blank slate
Chapter 7 - Love hurts
Chapter 8 - Sucker punched
Chapter 9 - Rat in the house
Chapter 10 - Locking horns
Chapter 11 - All guns blazing
Chapter 11-All guns blazing (Part 2)
Chapter 12 - Anything but you
Chapter 13 - Keep on smiling
Chapter 14 - Heart on fire
Chapter 15 - First mission
Chapter 16 - The climb
Chapter 17 - Not good enough
Chapter 18 - Dance
Chapter 19 - Unusual alliance
Chapter 20 - Pour it up
Chapter 20 - Pour it up (2 part)
Chapter 21 - Chaos
Chapter 22 - Chaos (Part 2)
Chapter 24 - Chaos (Part 4)
Chapter 25 - Don't let me go
Chapter 26 - Last farewell

Chapter 23 - Chaos (Part 3)

25 1 1
By AndieKlein

"How could you?" I sobbed "I expected this from Liam, but never from you!"

"You are so naïve!" He laughed at me "I can't believe how easily I've fooled everyone."

I was so shocked, just staring at him with despair rooted deep in my heart. "Why, Kellan?" I whispered.

"I had my own reasons." He shrugged.

"Was it you who hurt Yannik?" I sobbed, feeling the rage building inside of me.

"Brilliant don't you agree? He didn't see it coming. He trusted me, so I stabbed him in the back, quite literally." He snickered viciously, feeling awfully proud of himself.

"I will hunt you down and I will make you pay for the day you laid your hands on my friends!" I yelled loudly.

"So dramatic!" He looked at Laurel, his expression amused.

"Tell me Kellan. Was it worth it? Killing Sam and Lex? Did you get what you wished for?"

"I did that bitch a favor!" He spat at me, his face close to mine "Endless whining over our dearest, precious Daniel! No more! She is free now, don't you see?"

Without a doubt, he believed what he was saying "You are insane!" I watched him, horrified.

"You would be too if you were to walk in my shoes."

"So it was you who framed us all along, not Liam?" My eyes flickered to Yannik, hoping that those two maniacs forgot about him.

"I let the Skinwalkers in, imitating Liam's appearance. That's why they accused the poor bastard."

My eyes widened as I suddenly realized what has he done "You detonated the caves, didn't you?"

His face grimaced with disgust "I wasn't counting on the fact that Maximillian will let you go on a mission. I informed Laurel of your departure to Baar, so we changed the plans. I detonated the caves, setting the timer on both bombs, so it appeared the demons placed them. That should've trapped us long enough for Laurel to reach us in time." He ground his teeth in frustration "But the lizard here." He pointed to Yannik "Just had to destroy everything. He found out where Laurel was hiding, giving him no choice but to run."

I just stared at him, completely astounded at how his personality had changed. "Liam hated you, didn't he?"

"He was weak and frightened, easy for me to manipulate. I only had to threaten him to massacre the ones he cared for, his family." He grinned at the memory "He was obedient enough until he started to rebel. So I did what I had to. I butchered his loved ones, punishing him. The bastard went completely insane after that and his hatred towards me became dangerous. I was afraid he would give me away, so I had to slay him. Today was the perfect opportunity."

"Oh, God." I covered my mouth in horror "How could you? Maximillian gave you everything!"

"Gave me? He took away one thing I loved the most!" He roared to my face, his veins popping out on his neck.

"What are you talking about?"

"He murdered my other half! Can you blame me for the hatred?" He said in disbelief.

"You took it out on everyone Kellan! On innocent people! Your friends!"

"She was innocent too! And those so-called friends stood by and watched her die! Calling for my help! But I couldn't save her as those bastards held me to the ground!" Tears spilled from his eyes, staining his shirt. "She was a mage, but her human part was dominant. She was infested after demons attacked her, biting her all over her body. So Maximillian slaughtered her without a second thought!"

I stared at him in astonishment "She would become one of them Kellan, the soulless! They had no choice!"

"They didn't try hard enough! If they truly cared for me, they would do everything in their powers to save her!" He screamed loudly, hitting the wall beside my face. "I vowed to avenge her death. It started with your mother. I betrayed her location, informing Laurel where was she hiding. Imagine the joy when he found out she bared a child!" He laughed bitterly "I promised him I would keep him informed, and when the day of your transformation would come, he would be there to collect you. And what I wanted in return was-" He licked his lips, his eyes flickering from me to Laurel "-For him to reveal the location your mother was hiding, to no one else but Cain himself."

"You-" My voice broke as my throat painfully tightened "-It was you who killed my mother."

"Well not technically, your daddy finished the job." He smiled evilly "An eye for an eye Korina."

"You're dead," I whispered, pulling with all my might. I felt the strength seeping into my body once again as the ice cracked, breaking completely. Kellan's eyes went wide in horror. Moving back from me, he stepped closer to Laurel "Don't you dare to hurt me!" He suddenly smiled "As if you could touch me! I have my own alliances now, I am well protected." His head tilted to Laurel, who stood quietly, watching the scene before him.

He uncrossed his hands, sighing with annoyance "I have no use for you Kellan. Besides what kind of monster would I be if I didn't grant the biggest wish of my future bride?"

Kellan's face transformed into pure horror as he stumbled away from me, trying to run.

"Go ahead, darling. He is all yours." Laurel smiled, looking bored.

He didn't have to tell me twice. I took him up on his offer, charging towards Kellan.

"No, no, no! Please! Have mercy!" He screamed. He backed away, but tripped over a broken chair and tumbled to the ground.

"I have no mercy for murdering cowards!" I growled baring my katana blades. He didn't even try to put up a fight when he saw my transformed face, already guessing his fate.

Without a second thought, I pierced his chest with one of my blades "That is for Sam and Lex!" I roared "And this-" I swung with all my power, hacking off his head "-This is for Yannik and my mother." I whispered, tumbling down to my knees as exhaustion overtook my body. I heard when Kellan's body crashed to the floor, but I turned my head away.

I sobbed loudly, crying over our horrible faith, over what we have lost and over what our lives could have been if none of this ever happened.

"Now, now darling." I froze as cold, pale hand patted me on the shoulder. "This is a day to celebrate not to weep! We should be thanking the Creator that blessed our reunion, allowing us to be mates!"

My body shook with rage as I whispered: "I already have a mate you pathetic bastard!" I grabbed his hand tightly, bending it at an unnatural angle.

He roared in pain when his bones broke "You dare to lay your hands on me?" He said breathing hard "Do you even know how powerful I am?"

"You took away my mother and my mate. Do you really believe I would still fear for my life after that?" I slowly stood up, fully prepared for what was about to happen.

"You wish to defy me? Very well then, it is time to teach you some respect!" He lifted his hands up in the air.

I felt my insides filling with water, the intense pressure making me choke. I gagged and coughed, trying to spit some invasive liquid out, but it was no use. I felt my eyes popping out, capillaries breaking as I was certain my body will explode.

He was too powerful for me to fight him, but that didn't mean I will surrender or give up without trying. I straightened my back, staring at him with defiance. If he wanted to win, he would have to kill me.

"Did you had enough?" He cruelly smiled at me, dropping his hands to his sides.

I coughed and gasped for air as my lungs emptied, clutching my burning chest. I was still bent low as I charged him, knocking him off the ground. I sneaked my fingers around his neck, pressing forcefully. His eyes were horrified, no doubt he was cursing himself for how careless he was.

His hands grabbed my hips, sending chills down my body as he tried to freeze me again. Even though I felt my limbs numbing from the cold, I never loosened my grip.

Suddenly he pushed at my chest, powerful water wave sending me flying away from him. I crashed into the table, its wooden edge burring in my hip. I hissed in pain, but I never took my eyes off him.

"I see I was too soft with you." He wickedly laughed at me "We shall fix this mistake immediately." In an instant he was beside Yannik, lifting him by his neck.

"No!" I roared, seeing the room spinning before my eyes. I cried out in fear as he clutched his neck "There is no room for him Korina. With him gone there will be no one to threaten our relationship. I am sorry." He said, but there was no remorse in his never-changing, cold eyes.

I watched in sorrow as he squeezed his neck, killing him before my eyes.

"No!" I roared hitting the floor with my fists, drowning in feelings of helplessness. The room shook so violently, that I had to brace myself with my hands, pressing them to the ground. I stared, stunned as think black veins spread from my elbows, down to my fingers. But they didn't stop there, instead, they multiplied, expanding to the floor, continuing its way towards Laurel.

"What is this?" He stepped backward "What have you done?" He roared in panic.

He dropped Yannik as black threads climbed up his legs, wrapping around his whole body. He shouted for me to stop, frantically trying to freeze them and pull them off him.

But I didn't. Instead, I closed my eyes, pouring my whole energy into them, making them even more powerful as they greedily cut at his face, horrifically scarring him. He yelled at the top of his lungs, calling my name, but I only saw one goal. I wanted to hurt him for all he had done, avenge my mother and my friends.

I felt hopelessness filing my chest as my powers started to wane. Threads loosened on Laurel's body, slowly returning towards me. "No," I whispered in horror as I saw him gasping for breath.

"Element of earth." He said with a hoarse voice, clutching his throat with his hands "And a very powerful one, much more than your mother's."

My eyes widened at his revelation as I just stared at him, expecting he would attack me any second.

"You will be very useful to me. If only that bastard Kellan would have kept his mouth shut, we could have been free. Now that Cian knows about you, the only thing there's left for me to do is to outsmart him." He bailed his fists, spitting at Kellan's beheaded figure "If you wouldn't kill him I would."

I slowly reached behind me, tightly grabbing a broken piece of chair. As I pretended I was getting up, I hurled the sharp piece at him, penetrating his chest.

He roared with anger and pain, storming towards me. I tried to evade his blow, but I was too slow as his fist smashed into the left side of my head. My ears were ringing from the immense pain and my cheek throbbing.

He grabbed me once more, banging my head on the nearest table. I stumbled as it broke under me, barely catching myself from falling. I felt blood trickling down my forehead, its metallic taste burning in my mouth.

I wished this wouldn't last so long and that he would already finish me off. I wanted to close my eyes, enjoy the memories of Yannik and my family, embedded in my mind. They were the one thing Laurel couldn't beat out of me, they were mine forever.

As I was slowly shutting my eyelids, I saw something flashing under the table. I cried out in pain as Laurel buried his knee into my back, plastering me to the ground. But I've also realized he just gave me the second chance. I grabbed the silvery object, holding it tight. I spun around as fast as I could, burying Yannik's knife deep into Laurel's stomach.

He watched me dumbfounded, thick blood dripping out of his mouth.

I only heard a crack of my skull as he kicked me away from him. Metallic surface of a wickedly sharp object embedded into my skin, slicing it open. I gurgled as the strike knocked the air out of my lungs.

I realized I was still clutching Yannik's blade in my hand. It was my only weapon since my katana blades were lost somewhere in the middle of this trashed room.

I felt Laurel step closer to me, staring down at me. "Give up darling, you cannot beat me."

No, but at least I could try if that meant Yannik would get to live. I sliced at his calves, tearing open his muscle tissue.

I heard him shriek as he hit the ground beside me. Bailing my fist, I slammed it across his face, his head violently jerking backward.

I knew this was my only chance to kill him. I pressed the blade on his neck, fully intending to slice his head off. At the last second, he grabbed my hand, stopping me. He easily overpowered me since he was much older and stronger. Horrifying pain engulfed me as he broke both of my hands, crushing the bones in my fingers. His eyes blazed with madness as he tore the blade away from me, burying it in my chest.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 97 40
What if your perfectly normal life was thrown into chaos just by meeting a single boy? Mia Harrison, a sixteen year old teenager, believed her l...
3K 378 52
What if you were suddenly told that everything you'd ever known about yourself was a lie? What if you also found out your best friend was living in t...
129K 6K 57
✓ 18+ (Mature Content) ✓ Book #2 ✓ Completed Sequel to the book 'Commitment' - In this sequel, we follow the continuation of Katarina and Dante's lo...
100 21 20
A child within her womb shall save us from impending doom, and bring peace throughout the land. Catrina must find the answers she seeks and Cece need...