Crossing Pistols ~On My Block~

By MinioverparK

After 8 years the love of Spooky's life comes back to him under crazy circumstances and with some shocking ne... More

Crossing Pistols: Intro
On Speaking Terms

On Santos Property

1.9K 48 6
By MinioverparK

I won't put music on ever chapter, but I really think this song fits OMB and this story as a whole so I wanted to add it! I hope you enjoy! 😁😁

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~

The sound of spinning metal vibrated through the air as the squad pedaled their way down Nostrom street and straight on to the parking lot of the hospital. As always they parked their bikes on the rack closest to the main entrance and as Monse and Cesar walked ahead, their interlocked hands swaying as they strolled forward, Jamal and Jasmine took the time to lock up their bikes.

While they trailed behind, Jamal turned to Jasmine. A look of disappointment on his face as he shook his head. "Now you would think that after all these years of living in the hood those two love struck idiots would know to chain their bikes to the rack."

"They're just stupid in love Coco! Besides I think it's sweet that they're all coupled up and shit. It really makes me miss Ruby, ya know? But I'm a ride or die chick and I will wait as long as it takes for my man to wake up so we can be reunited again," Jasmine stated.

A chuckle passed his lips as he carefully placed his hand on Jasmine's shoulder and leaned into her with the joking reply, "Girl I'm sure if he heard you say that he'd stay in a coma."

An elevator ride and a couple sharp turns later the crew found themselves in room 207C standing over the still body of their best friend, all four of them sighing at the fact that he still hadn't waken up. It had been 3 months since the shooting and they all really missed his frantic yet charismatic personality in their lives. At this point they were even willing to admit that they missed his constant rumbling and overuse of words entirely too big for anyone to understand but himself. The first couple of nights they all stayed in this hospital room with Ruben. The four of them holding hands with the rest of his family as they prayed for him to stay alive and fight through the terrible events that had occurred.

Actually, for the first month none of them even spoke to Cesar. They were too blind with rage towards the naive decisions he'd made that landed their best friend in this bed and Olivia somewhere far away from this realm, but for those first few nights the four of them needed each other to stay sane. After a month of completely ignoring his existence they tried to understand that he was only trying to do the right thing, because that was what Cesar always tried to do. Only this time it had ended tragically for everyone and when they finally did decided to forgive him they realized that he was in even worse shape over what happened than the rest of them were. He had spared Latrelle's life in order to save his peace of mind and ended up losing it anyway. So, the others made it their mission to piece him back together again and he had been doing a lot better with his best friends by his side.

In their circle of chairs, for what had seemed like the millionth time, they all tried to catch Ruby up on what was happening in the outside world. The nurse had told them that even though he couldn't comprehend what they were saying he could definitely hear them and the sound of loved ones voices usually helped tremendously in a patient's recovery process. This is why one of them tried to visit every day in order to remind Ruby that he hadn't been forgotten about and they were all waiting for him to wake up. Actually, they were surprised at how well it had been working. More recently they have been getting small movements from him whether it be a jerk of the foot or a wrinkle of the nose. Their previous discussion of Olivia's funeral arrangements hadn't gotten him to stir, but as Jamal switched the subject to his new boyfriend he felt a twitch in the finger he was holding.

"Guys, I felt his finger twitch," He whispered in excitement.

"That's just because he's surprised you finally found someone who would put up with all of your loco behavior," Cesar joked.

They all laughed as Jamal flipped them the finger.

"Fuck you all. I am a fantastic human being with great qualities and anyone would be lucky to spend the rest of their life with me."

"We love you J honestly, but sometimes you're just a mess," Monse added.

"Oh yeah? Well I'm a rich mess bitch."

At the sassy comment Jasmine couldn't help, but snap her fingers at the others and praise Jamal for his savageness.

After an hour or so more the group gathered their belongings, but just like every other time they were very reluctant to leave. A kiss on the forehead from Monse, a ruffle of the hair from Cesar, a final squeeze of the finger from Jamal, and a smooch that lasted way to long on the lips from Jasmine. They literally had to pull her off of Ruby, but not before she professed her undying love for him one last time.

Once they got back to the parking lot however, it was to Jamal and Jasmine's amusement that Monse and Cesar's bikes were no longer were they placed them.

"What the hell," Monse yelled in frustration. "Are we literally the only people in this neighborhood who own bikes?"

Jamal smirked and gave a quick remark of, "How many times do I have to tell you guys. Lock it -"

"Or lose it," The other two finished in annoyance.

"Hey, hey. All I'm saying is that you should always assume your shit will get stolen."

"Well, great," Cesar chimed. "What are we gonna do now?"

Jamal wedged himself between the two and slung his arms over their shoulders as he said, "Come on guys. Now you know I have the hook up right?"

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~

The Santos huddled around their leader in the living room of his home as they counted money and discussed this week's agenda. Ever since Latrelle had shot one of his brother's friends Oscar has had to not only deal with his brother's mental state, but the various amounts of fuckery that the Prophets have tried to pull on them. They've run up on numerous members in the last couple of month taking them for weak targets, but what they all fail to realize is that Santos outnumber them and they never ride alone. Even if they only see one there are many others lurking and waiting for a Prophet to fuck up.

Oscar was just about to lay out an operation against the other gang when one of his men came barging in through the door from the patio to warn them of a Prophet approaching his property. With a wave of his hand they all got up from where they were sat to go check out the stunt that Oscar assumed was some newly jumped young blood who wanted to fuck with them, and looking upon the scene he was partial right. The male was obviously very young and definitely a newly jumped Prophet, but it wasn't them he came to fuck with. It was the woman who had strutted up the yard and was walking in front of him as he continuously catcalled her, and as she began to get closer he's eyes popped out of his head in recognition.

"Hey isn't that the girl you use to fuck back in high school?" One of the goons behind him asked.

"Yea," Another voice piped up. "Was completely whipped for her."

However, all of their words fell on deaf ears for Oscar was to busy trying to decide whether or not he should intervene the situation before him, but as he seen the boy begin to close the gap between them he immediately stepped down from the patio and made his way toward them.

In the distance Abuelita's car pulls up and Oscar sees he's little brother step out, but is too busy to greet him.

"What the hell is going on here," Cesar asks to no one in particular. The rest of the kids hop out of the vehicle as well, more than ready to observe the throw down it looked as though the unknown Prophet was about to receive from Oscar. The Prophet was still catcalling the woman in front of him and once she turned her head in his direction Cesar knew exactly who she was.

"Luna?" He questioned aloud.

Luna continued to walk further onto the lawn as the man she use to be with walked closer to her and the young boy who'd followed her here treaded on her heels. When she deemed the boy close enough she drew a gun from underneath the back of her jacket and turned to face him jamming the barrel right between his eyes.

At this point the kids were gawking at what they saw. Each one of them commenting on how badass this woman was and how they'd never seen her before and how they wondered why she was here. Cesar honestly had no words, but when Monse suggested they leave before anything really popped off he agreed and they all gathered back into Abuelita's car.

Luna stared the boy down with a look that was certainly turning him into stone for he was completely stiff, so he wouldn't make any sudden movements.

"Listen here cabrón, you don't want to die on Santos property," Luna assured.

For the first time since they'd stepped on the grass the boy tilted his eyes past the woman seeing Oscar right behind her then the rest of the Santos who still stood strong on the porch. Fear glazed over his eyes when he finally looked back at Luna.

"You want your loved ones to be at your funeral don't you?"

Without hesitation the boy nodded at her question.

"Well, if you keep fucking with me I promise you they won't find your body. Do you understand?"

The boy nodded his head once more.

"Now get out of here or I'll have my boys handle you," Oscar stated, and the boy ran as fast as he's legs could move in the opposite direction.

With the situation taken care of Luna tucked her gun back in it's rightful place then turned around where she came face to face with the man she hadn't seen in 8 years. Honestly, she never thought she'd see him again, but as she looked at him now she was glad he was the one she came to.

"What do you want?" Oscar asked.

She simply responded, "Shelter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 11.7K 84
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...
1.7M 62.2K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
126K 7.5K 91
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
820K 32.9K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...