The Hellwalker Roams: A DOOM...

Von After_Hours_Writer

A lone man, one long forgotten by all, returns to his home planet, only to see nothing but death and abandonm... Mehr

Dorado: Returning to Ruins
Dorado: A New Purpose
Dorado to Denver: Finding Grand Mesa
Denver: The Grand Mesa Massacre
Denver to London: Look at the Time
London: A Tense Enlistment
London to Gibraltar: Base of Operations
Gibraltar: The Oddest of the Bunch
Gibraltar to Brazil: Carnival
Brazil: Talon
Brazil to Gibraltar: Summer Heat
Gibraltar to Russia: A Common Enemy
Gibraltar to Russia: The Beginning
Russia: Fallen From Grace
Russia: A Familiar Face
Russia to Gibraltar: Like Old Times
Gibraltar: The Googly Eyed Menance
Gibraltar to Junkertown: Barren Wasteland
Junkertown to Numbani: The Plan
Numbani: Celebrities
Numbani: The Scourge Returns
Numbani: Doom
Numbani to Gibraltar: A Much Needed Break
Gibraltar: A New Marine
Gibraltar: Invasion
Gibraltar to Cairo: The Demon Program
Cairo to Gibraltar: Our Next Plan of Attack

London: They've Followed

27.4K 380 366
Von After_Hours_Writer

Doom Slayer's POV

So... Where to?

VEGA: I advise we follow the ship to it's destination.

As soon as the cargo ship stopped,  I jumped down from the crate onto the bay. Putting on the poncho, I took off towards the lower regions of London. Upon my descent, a robotic figure approached me, one with the similar color scheme as Samuel Hayden.

???: Greetings.

I did the best I could to avoid grabbing a weapon and blowing it's head off. The similarities were just too much for me.

???: Are you lost by any chance?

Doom Slayer: Leave me alone.

I shook my head and walked passed as the robot just stood.

VEGA: Was it necessary?

Wait.

After taking a few steps, I could hear the hydraulics from the machine's feet rushing towards me.

Of course you don't listen.

Turning around, I grabbed the robot's skull. The machine struck the Praetor Suit with a makeshift knife, breaking the blade and tearing the poncho at the chest. Irritated, I slammed its skull against the concrete, smashing it into pieces of metal and wiring. With the machine out of the way, I continued on.

Yes it was.

VEGA: Hmm. Perhaps there is an uprising within this location.

What's this?

Noticing a massive statue in the middle of the empty square, I approached the plaque that lied below it.

VEGA: Before me I see the future, humans and omnics standing together, united by compassion, by common hopes and dreams.-Tekhartha Mondatta.

He seemed to be the MLK of his time.

VEGA: According to several sources, Mondatta pushed for omnic-human equality. One would be correct to make similarities between the two.

One can only assume. Wait...

I heard the sudden sound of gunfire in the distance. A few screams and cries for help.

Gunfire. More of those things?

VEGA: Undetermined. We'll have to see it for ourselves.

Making a mad dash away from the statue, I continued to hear the same noises getting louder and louder, a familiar screech put me to a complete stop.

VEGA: What happened?

I know what that sound is from a mile away. They've followed.

VEGA: We must hurry then.

Continuing onwards, we came across a church. Judging by the lack of support and the vacancy of  the surrounding area, one abandoned long ago. Sprinting up the steps, I could hear the species of demons within roaring over the gunfire.

Several imps, a pinky...

A massive roar overtook my thoughts

A knight. It's a clean up crew. Whoever's in there isn't surviving.

VEGA: Unless we intervene.

Pressing on the massive doors, they wouldn't budge.

Dammit!

VEGA: Perhaps the keys are within the-.

Using my momentum, I kicked the doors open. The locking mechanism flew straight ahead, separate from the doors.

VEGA: Your usual method of breaking everything works as well.

Looking ahead, I saw the denizens of Hell turn their gaze to me, stopping their fight with the people within. A few of the people in the church matched the ID of those in Overwatch, but my focus now was on the demonic force.

Behind them laid an ancient rune, the same one that matched my mark. As it glowed, so too did my helmet, and an ancient voice spoke from the rune, telling of a new testament as I took off the torn poncho.

"At humanity's darkest hour; When the armies of Hell invade their land; The Doom Slayer will follow; And he will roam the Earth once more, to claim the souls of the beasts from the nine circles."

*RAAAAAWWWWWRRRRR!*

I'm back.

*Schklikt, klikt*
_________________________________
One Hour Prior...
Tracer's POV

Finally. An actual mission.

Flying one of Overwatch's few ships above the Atlantic, we were heading towards King's Row: A region riddled with memories of the Omnic Crisis. As I surveyed the seemingly endless ocean water around us, Commander Morrison approached me from the cabin with a touch on the shoulder.

Morrison: Put the ship on autopilot Lena. We're having a group meeting in a few minutes.

Lena: Putting it on now Commander.

He left me to be as I flipped a switch on the ship, setting it from manual to autopilot. Getting out of the seat, I blinked towards the cabin where the others were seated. Brigitte flinched a bit at my sudden arrival. Then again, she wasn't exactly used to my abilities.

Brigitte: Ah! Stop that!

Lena: Whoops. Heh heh. Sorry love.

Reinhardt: She does that all the time lass. Anymore, she does it to get a scare out of ye.

Lena: I'm not trying to scare her....yet.

Commander Morrison came out from the small medical area we had with Angela, the two of them with small smiles.

Morrison: Everyone here?

Lena: Yep.

Reinhardt: No.

What?

Brigitte: Where's father?

Torbjörn: I'm coming, I'm coming.

Oh. I almost forgot about him.

The engineer sat down in between Reinhardt and Brigitte as the Commander pulled up a hologram  of King's Row in the middle of us all.

Torbjörn: I see Brigitte has kept that suit of yours in shape.

Reinhardt: Ja, she might even be doing a better job than her old man.

Brigitte couldn't help but smile at the compliment, as did I.

Torbjörn: And where'd you think she learn to do that from?

Angela: Like father, like daughter.

Morrison: Hmm. We got intel from an Omnic of a group of Omnics and their sympathizers hiding out within the old King's church.

He zoomed in towards an  abandoned church. The place itself as massive.

Angela: Did the Omnic state a name?

Morrison: No. From what I gathered, they have a bomb big enough to detonate all of London.

Lena: Where's the British government on this?

Morrison: They have no idea about it.

Brigitte: But why risk blowing themselves up?

Angela: Retaliation.

Hmm?

Angela: The British government has considered using an EMP device to kill off the Omnics in King's Row.

Morrison: To them, this is a retaliation against them.

Reinhardt: How many are we talking here?

Morrison showed a hologram of the bomb itself.

Morrison: The bomb itself is big enough to have its own payload so....at the very least 50 to 100.

Reinhardt and Torbjörn turned to one another.

Reinhardt: Least amount of elimination buys post mission drinks?

Torbjörn: Hmph. You're on old man!

Morrison: Lena. How much farther?

Blinking back to the cockpit, I checked ahead of us. Flying by a massive container ship, I noticed a figure on top of the containers below us. All I saw was a dark green and what looked like a leather poncho.

Huh. I wonder if the figure arrived here in a container. Heh. It's a funny idea really; To come here in a shipping container.

Lena: We're nearly there guys!

Shutting down the autopilot, I retook control of the ship, flying it towards King's Row. A few minutes later, I landed the ship near our objective. Grabbing my gear, I headed out with the others as we ran towards the old church. As we approached the place, we noticed two things: The payload sat unmanned and there were pentagram and odd writings all over the church.

Morrison: Might as well take advantage of the situation. Torb.

Torbjörn, with his gear, already got to work on the payload.

Torbjörn: Already on it.

I went ahead and opened the back door to the church, entering at my own accord. Looking around, I noticed the unusual amount of blood painted within the place. Dead bodies and mechanical parts lied everywhere within the main hall as well as an unknown object.

Lena: Umm guys. You may want to see this!

The others ran in my direction, entering the place and seeing exactly what I saw, their expressions matched my own.

Reinhardt: Mein gott!

Brigitte: I think....Yeah, I might just throw up.

Morrison: What the hell did this?

Looking uowards, I noticed a few shadows climbing up the walls in silence. Shining a light on said figures revealed a horrifying creature, one I have never seen before. It's eyes glowed with hatred as I began to tremble in fear. It felt like something out of a horror movie.

Lena: Guys!

Angela: What the-?

*RAAAAAAWWWWWRRR!*

Ah! My ears!

Holding my hands against my ears, I noticed glowing pentagram forming around us all, several more of those things appearing before our very eyes.

My god!

Morrison: Open fire!

We did exactly that. As we fired our weapons at those things, They began to throw....

Fireballs?

Dodging them all, we managed to take out a few of them, but as we did so, several more appeared to take their place. The human corpses began to stand up on their own, reanimating like zombies. I began to dread as I felt we weren't going to make it out of here alive.

As we continued to fight, the front door behind us opened up, the lock flying right by me and hitting one of them. In that moment everything stopped as we looked at the man responsible. A massive figure, probably male, with a dark green suit of armor, a huge grey shotgun in his hands.  The symbol on his helmet matched the one on the unknown object. As he took a step towards them, a deep, almost menacing tone spoke from everywhere.

"At humanity's darkest hour; When the armies of Hell invade their land; The Doom Slayer will follow; And he will roam the Earth once more, to claim the souls of the beasts from the nine circles."

Doom Slayer? Beasts of the nine circles?

They roared once more as the man pumped the massive shotgun in his hands, ignoring us all to charge at him with great ferocity.

*Schklikt, klikt*
*Bang!*

The man blew off the small creature's head off with ease, grabbing another and tossing it against the brick wall like paper. As he proceeded through the church, Reinhardt spoke up.

Reinhardt: Lad!

Morrison: Wait...you know him!?

Brigitte: It's a small world after all.

Lena: Explain.

Reinhardt: Brigitte and I met him in Dorado before we came to Gibraltar.

Brigitte: We found him covered in blood and wielding a chainsaw-.

*RAAAAWWWWRR!*
*VRRRRRRRRRRRRR!*

Brigitte: Like that.

Reinhardt: But he left before we could really say much.

We watched as he punched the biggest one in the jaw, knocking the creature to it's knee and rip it's head off, as well as part of it's spine.

Angela: His methods seem...

Morrison: Chaotic. Barbaric at best.

Reinhardt: At least we get to see the lad fight in action.

I'm personally not a fan.

Grabbing the last one, he lifted it up into the air and pulled, ripping the creature in half and letting the blood pour on himself. As he tossed it aside, the creature began crawling away with only its top half. Grabbing an old double barrel shotgun, he fired both barrels at the creature, turning it into mush as he reloaded both shells.

Thanks love, but that was.....just horrifying to watch.

Doom Slayer's POV

Well that was entertaining while it lasted, but I want answers, now.

Reloading the Super Shotgun, I looked around the bloody place one last time. Decaying corpses and guts lied everywhere among the blood painted walls. The Overwatch group was still alive, which is a plus. Approaching the rune, I kicked it to the side, letting it crumble before vanishing away.

???:Help.....me.

Looking over to the side, I noticed a shirtless man next to the rune. Bald head and satanic writing tattooed to his skin, he spoke with a weak tone.

???: This....wasn't part of the deal.

???: A survivor!

A woman in what looked like a gold and white suit with angel wings ran towards the man with a staff. Using whatever crap cane out of the staff, the man's would began to heal up as he spoke with a more confident tone.

???: T-Thank you madam.

We're not done.

???: It's not a problem.

???:GAH! AH! AHH!

???: Hey!

???: What the hell are you doing!?

I grabbed the man by his neck and lifted him off the ground. The others around me didn't take too kindly to my method. Too bad.

Doom Slayer: Explain. Now.

???: We...ritual....promised power....

You son of a bitch!

???: Fame...

*Crack!*

???: What the-!?

With the flick of the thumb, I broke his neck, killing him instantly. It wouldn't have been long before he joined his companions and turn into one of them. The one with the 76 jacket spoke up with aggression.

76: Explain why you had to go over there and kill him!

VEGA?

A few beeps later, VEGA came on.

VEGA: The individual would eventually turn into one of the Infected. His exposure to Hell's  Energy was a concern.

Then we noticed the giant and his companion among the group.

VEGA: Hello Reinhardt and Brigitte.

Reinhardt: Hi.

Brigitte: Hey.

Doesn't sound too happy.

VEGA: It seems that the demonic threat has been cleared in this area. There may be more all around the world, now that we know they've followed.

Great.

VEGA: I recommend we join the group until we identify more sites of demonic presence.

76: You better start explaining first.

Oh for fuck's sake.

VEGA: This'll be much more difficult than I thought.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

258K 5.7K 29
Just a bunch of Overwatch x Reader fics
61.7K 2.4K 42
Lazy to think of a description. RIP.
336K 8.4K 25
You were one of the witch's most favorite experiment. One day you and your friend had enough and somehow managed to escape. Years later you and your...
13.4K 423 19
With the return of Overwatch, the world entered a new era of conflict. Null sector was on the rise once again, and now working alongside Talon, peopl...