STAR WARS: EPISODE VII - THE...

By ChancellorMatt

I didn't like the Last Jedi. Had a lot of problems with how certain characters were handled, and missed oppor... More

Opening Crawl
One - Art
Two - A Long Time
Three - Disappointments
Four - Grand Admiral
Five - The Cave
Six - Bad Memories
Seven - The Battle of Canto Bight
Eight - A Distraction Called Sight
Nine - Moving Rocks
Eleven - The Battle of Crait
Twelve - The Last Jedi
Thirteen - Reunions and First Meetings
Fourteen - Storming the Supremacy
Fifteen - The Student and The Master
Sixteen - The Core
Seventeen - A Long Awaited Meeting
Eighteen - The Girl
Nineteen - Solo
Twenty
That's a Wrap
Concerning The Rise of Skywalker

Ten - Trapped Like Womprats

195 8 1
By ChancellorMatt

The Supremacy

Kylo Ren rushes down the dark corridor. He marches up to the door of Snoke's throne room. The guards try to stop him, but Kylo flicks his wrist sending both of them flying back into the wall. A swing of his hand, and the massive doors grind apart, not slowing as he strides through.

Snoke sits on the throne, with the Knights of Ren around him. He glances up at Kylo, expression bemused. The Praetorian Guards step forward as one, blocking Kylo's path.

"I did not summon you," Snoke says in a low voice.

"I don't care!" Kylo Ren hisses. "I want to reclaim my right as Master of the Knights. Now."

Snoke chuckles. "You think you can make demands? So far you have been nothing but weak."

"That was before. I was conflicted. Foolishly thought I was something I wasn't. I know my purpose now. I'm going to finish what I started and kill Luke Skywalker."

A wicked smile cracks across Snoke's lips. He leans forward.

"Prove it. Show me tihs new resolve."

Snoke nods to the knights. The brandish their electro-staffs.

"No." Kylo says. "Not with those. With real blades."

"Resolve indeed." Snoke remarks. He turns to the knights. "Do it."

Ador Ren hesitates, but drops his electro-staff. The other knights do the same.

Several of the guards step forward to present weapons to the knights.

The biggest one, Cad Ren, takes a weapon that is similar in shape to Kylo's but with a longer and thicker hilt. Cad takes it in both hands and activates it. A massive lightsaber blade with crossguard exhaust streams shoot out. A greatsaber.

The only woman, Valto Ren, takes a polearm nearly as long as she is tall. On activating the weapon, a short saber blade extended out from one end. A saber pike.

The smallest of the group Tabo Ren, took a pair of seemingly normal lightsaber hilts, however upon activation, the blades only reached about half the length of a normal saber each. A pair of shoto sabers.

All three have the same unstable serrated look of Kylo Ren's lightsaber.

Ador Ren is the final to take his weapon. A normal lightsaber handle. It does not have the crossguard like Kylo's does. Ador activates it. The blade that shoots out is the full length of normal lightsaber. However it if far more unstable-looking than any of the others. Sparks fly off from it at random intervals. Ador doesn't seem to mind. Kylo Ren activates his own lightsaber.

"You may begin." Snoke say.

Kylo Ren springs forward like a loosed bowcaster quarrel. Ador Ren charged out to meet him.

 The red blades clash in a shower of sparks. White light flickers where they connect. Ador's blade bleeds flecks of plasmsa. Kylo growls, shoving Ador with a surge of strength. The knight slides back, but doesn't stumble. The other knights fan out, forming a semicircle around Kylo. Ador falls into place in the semicircle.

Holding out their weapons, the group inches towards Kylo. From left to right the group is Cad, Valto, Ador and Tabo. Kylo sneers, and swings his free hand at Cad. The force push sends Cad flying into Valto, and both tumble to the ground. Kylo then charges at Ador and Tabo. The pair throw their hands out. The combined force push hits Kylo, sending him sliding back. He throws up both of his own hands, halting his push. Kylo takes a step forward and overrides their push, stumbling the two with a shockwave.

Kylo leaps into the air, saber swinging in a downward arc. Ador manages to recover in time to block Kylo's wild swing. Kylo snarls and throws another wild swing. Ador blocks it but retreats back. Tabo then leaps at Kylo swinging both shoto in a scissor motion. Kylo wedges his blade between the two other blades, stopping them then ducks under a swing by Ador.

Kylo retreats back from the two. He glances over to see Cad and Velto charging at him from the left. Kylo continues to retreat, and all four advance on him. Valto is the first to strike. She uses the reach of her long staff to thrust at Kylo. He deflects the thrust, but as he does Cad swings the  greatsaber for his head. At the same time Tabo goes low, swinging both blade at Kylo's legs.

Kylo Ren backflips, the greatsaber sails over his head, while the shoto blades carve under where he'd just been standing. Kylo lands on his feet, and immediately swings at Tabo. The smaller Knight manages to deflect the blow, but is thrown off balance. Kylo kicks him to the ground, then throws himself at Cal. Rather than swing his blade Kylo just drives his shoulder into Cal's gut. Cal doubles over, and Kylo slams his hilt into the bottom of the big man's chin. Cal goes down.

Valto is thrusting at Kylo again before Cal has even hit the floor. Kylo deflects the strike but she presses her assuault. Thrust, thrust, swipe. Kylo deflects the first two, but on the third, he surges forward and catches the weapon by the pole. Valto tries to tug it away, but Kylo pulls harder, dragging her off balance. As she stumbles ge slices his blade across her arm . Valto hisses and lets go of the staff with that hand. Kylo lunges at her but Ador and Tabo attack. Kylo is forced to disengage and defend from their strikes while Valto retreats. Ador make wide arcing attacks, while Tabo goes in for low, quick strikes. Kylo starts to get overwhelmed by the assault. Shouting with anger, he bats their attacks away, and throws reckless strikes of his own. He thrusts at Tabo forcing the knight to leap away, then swings his blade at Ador, who blocks. Kylo throws another wild swing at Ador, forcing him back. Tabo tried to jump back in but Kylo throws out his free hand, force-pushing the smaller man to the ground.

Kylo continues to pound increasingly violent strikes against Ador's fracturing defense. Ador throws out a desparate hand, force pushing Kylo back. He stumbles, and nearly gets his head taken off by recovered Cal. After ducking beneath the greatsaber blade, Kylo leaps back to avoid getting run through by Valto's saber pike. Kylo shuffles back, as the knights regroup. All four of them stand opposite Kylo. Ador nods to them. All four extend hands toward Kylo. The collective force push, blasts Kylo away. He flies back, flipping around through the air. He crashes back to the ground, tumbling across the room. Kylo looks up at the four knights with rage in his eyes. Screaming, he throws out both hands towards them. All four go flying past Snoke's throne crashing into the far wall. They drop to the floor, stunned. Kylo Ren sprints for them. Ador recovers first, scrambling to his feet, and charging at Kylo. The two clash, and their blades meet again in a shower of sparks.

"I'll make a far stronger apprentice to Snoke, once I've killed you." Ador hisses.

"Is that why you need the other three to make this a fair fight?" Kylo replies coldly.

Ador snarls and pushes back against Kylo's blade. Kylo lets Ador's slide past, and shoves the burning crossguard into Ador's face. The small blade burns into Ador's forehead. Ador shrieks and stumbles back, clutching his head. Kylo tries to advance, but a thrust from Valto keeps him at bay. Cad charges in with a wide sweep of his greatsaber. Kylo blocks, but Cad forces his blade against Kylo's. Kylo slides back, unable to keep the larger man back. Tabo circles around to come at Kylo from behind. So, Kylo kicks Cad in the knee, then grabs the him by the arm, and swings him into Tabo. They collide, sabers thrown outwardto avoid cutting each other up. They try to rise, but Kylo slashes them both. Cad in the side of the leg, and Tabo along the face. The two fall sprawling back to the floor, clutching their wounds.

Kylo turns back to the remaining two: Ador and Velto. Both look on at Kylo, wary. Without a word, he advances. Velto is the first to attack, thrusting out with her staff. Kylo smacks the attack aside and swings at her body. Velto blocks, but using the haft of her staff. Kylo's blade cleaves through the metal. Velto shuffles back, taking hold of remaining half of her polearm. Ador leaps at Kylo, striking out with his unstable blade. Kylo blocks, causing another shower of sparks. Kylo throws out his hand, force pushing Ador back. Velto moves in with a thrust, but Kylo deflects it, and kicks her in the gut. As she is gasping for air Kylo slices her across her single uninjured arm. With both arms wounded, she drops the staff completely. Kylo force pushes her back into the wall. She slides down to the floor and does not rise. Kylo Ren turns back to Ador. The knight is standing about a dozen feet away from Kylo, staring at him.

"Afraid of fighting me alone?" Kylo taunts.

"Never." Ador says, sneering.

The two charge at each other. They swing their blades at one another like before, but this time Ador gestures with his free hand. From across the room, one of Tabo's shoto's flies into Ador's hand. The moment his blade collides with Kylo's, he swings the shoto at Kylo's neck. Before the blade can decapitate him, Kylo catches Ador's wrist. The two struggle against one another. Ador tries to turn the blade so it will cut Kylo's hand. Kylo tightens his grip around Ador's wrist keeping it in place. The two stand intertwined for a moment, struggling against each other, neither gaining an inch.

Then, Kylo smashes his forehead into Ador's nose. The nose breaks with a crunch, and Ador staggers back. Kylo uses the opportunity to wrench the shoto from Ador's grip. He throws the small blade aside, and brandishes his own with both hands. Ador barely raises his guard in time to block a swing aimed at his midsection. Kylo follows up with an overhead strike, aimed at Ador's head, which is also just barely blocked. Kylo attacks again and again, his attacks increasing in speed and power. With every blow Ador's saber flicker and sparks fly everywhere. Ador manages to dig his heels in and swings his lightsaber back at Kylo. At the same time Kylo brings his own saber down in a diagonal strike. The two blades collide.

In an explosion of sparks, Ador's saber shorts out and the blade vanishes. Ador stumbles back, fear in his eyes bleeding away the resolve that was there before. Kylo punches him in the face. Ador hits the ground with a thump. Kylo steps on his chest and levels his saber's blade next to the man's head.

"Say it." He commands.

Ador looks looks at Snoke. The Supreme Leader has a sickening grin. Kylo moves the blade closer to Ador's head, burning his ear.

"AGH!" Ador shrieks in pain. "Master! I accept you as master once more!"

"Good."

Kylo pulls the lightsaber back from Ador's head. Ador breathes a sigh of relief. Kylo then, cuts off his hand. As Ador screams Kylo turns away, to face Snoke.

"Excellent my apprentice. I see now that your resolve is true." Snoke says, gesturing.

A guard steps out holding a black and silver helmet. Kylo Ren's helmet. Kylo looks at the helmet, then back to Snoke.

"Take it, along with your rightful place, as Master of the Knights of Ren."

Kylo Ren takes the helmet. He stares at it for a moment, before putting it on. The helmet hisses shut, covering his face. He sucks in a mechanical breath.

***'

Crait

Poe Dameron's X-wing is split open as he works on it. He tinkers with the innards while BB-8, on the top, beeps at him accusingly.

"I know what I'm doing BB-8," Poe says defensively.

BB-8 beeps angrily.

"Now that was just uncalled for."

He jerks a piece out of the X-wing and looks at it doubiously.

Finn walks up. "Whatcha up to?"

"Trying to figure out what's going on with my X-wing actually." Poe explains. "On the way back from last mission we were getting some weird drag. Same thing happened when I took it out for a testflight earlier. Wonder if its the-"

There is a shimmer of light at the bottom of Poe's X-wing.

"What in the..." Poe stammers.

The probe appears. It blinks a blue light three times.

"Poe..." Finn says, cautiously.

Both of them leap away from the X-wing, as the probe surges with electricity. They take cover behind some nearby crates. A pulse spreads out from the probe, in a wave across the entire hangar. Every starship it comes in contact with, becomes laced with electricity. The pulse dissipates, and the crackles die down. The two look up from their hiding places.

"What the hell was that?" Finn asks.

"I think I know..." Poe says, looking worried.

***

The Chimera

Thrawn sits in his command chair. On one officer's control panels, a lights begins to blink, and a line of text scrolls across the screen.

"Grand Admiral!" The officer calls out. "The probe just activated, and we've received the Resistance fleet's coordinations!"

Thrawn's lips curl up in a slight smile.

"Inform the rest of the fleet, and prepare to jump to hyperspace."

"Yes sir!"

***

Crait

All the Resistance commanders are gathered in a room, around a table with the probe on top.

"This is a old imperial probe." Poe says with a sigh. "They used to be used to attach to fighters during combat. Once attached a timer was set and a probe signal would be sent out revealing the location of an enemy base. They stopped using them because we got better at leaving our bases before they could warp in. But, this one's been heavily altered. It contains a engine pulse disruptor."

"What is an engine pulse disruptor?" Leia asks.

"Its a device that releases a pulse that temporarily shorts out any starfighter engines. And it went off inside our base, while all of our ships shields were down. None of our ships can fly, for at least an hour. In short, we're trapped here like womprats." Poe explains.

"And they know where we are..." Leia says, worriedly.

"Yes." Poe says, with equal concern on his face.

"How did this happen?" Ackbar asks. "When would they have attached this probe?"

Poe looks down. "We can only guess...but likely it was during the battle over Canto Bight...when I helped take down the star destroyer turbolasers."

The room is silent.

"What are our defenses?" Leia asks.

"Not much." Ackbar says. " All of our starship's cannons are useless without their engines to power them. We have zero air support and no way out. All we have is ground defenses. Our best option is to try to hold out until we get our ships back up and running."

"What about our allies?" Leia asks. "More planets are supporting us than ever. The First Order already knows we're here. Let's send out a message calling for aid."

Ackbar shifts uncomfortably. "...I am not hopeful. It is one thing to support us publicly. It is another to actually risk one's life in battle."

"Do it anyway. There has to be someone in the Galaxy willing to help us."

"And if not?" Ackbar asks.

"Then you better hope we can last long enough to repair our ships." Leia replies. "Anything else?"

The rest of the commanders remain silent.

"Then let's get moving!" Leia orders.

The commanders salute, and begin to pile out. Poe starts to leave as well.

"Dameron, I want to talk to you." Leia says.

"What's there to say?" Poe says, solemnly. "I did this. You were right. I'm a reckless idiot, that may have just gotten everyone in this fleet killed."

"Oh for the love of the Force..." Leia says exasperated. "Now!? Now you decide that I'm right?"

Poe looks at her confused.

"Damnit Poe, this isn't the time! Did you make mistakes? Yes! But at the time you were doing what you thought was the right move. There's always time for regrets later. Right now, I need you to help me keep these people alive. You're their hero Poe. Go be a hero."

Poe doesn't say anything.

"Can you do that!?" Leia asks, firmly.

"Y...yes ma'am." Poe says, saluting.

"Good, now let's go save the Resistance. I haven't been fighting this war all these years just to see us go out now."

***

Achc-tu

The sun is begining to peek over the horizon. Rey lies asleep in the ruins, the lightsaber parts spread out around her. Luke walks up to see her lying on the stone ground. She blinks herself awake and looks up at him.

"Did you stay up all night trying to put the lightsaber together with the Force?" He asks, with disbelief.

"Yeah.." She says, groggily. "But I still couldn't figure it out."

"Well...you'll get there."

Rey seems unconvinced. She starts to get up, when her commlink begins to ping. Luke gives her a curious look. Rey shrugs, and pulls out the commlink. She activates it and a hologram of Finn appears. His gestures are restless, his eyes panicked.

"Rey! Finally

"Finn?" Rey says worriedly. "What's going on?"

"Rey it's bad," He says quickly. "The First Order used some kind of hidden weapon on us!"

"What?" She sits up straighter.

"The whole Fleet's stranded at our base, and they're coming for us."

"Where are you?" Rey asks. "I've got the Falcon I might be able to get there before they do."

"I'll send you the coordinates, but Rey..." Finn seems to think over his next words. "...It might be better if you stay where you are."

"What are you talking about?" Rey says, confused.

"It doesn't look like we'll be able to make it out of here. The whole First Order is coming for us. If we're just going to die...then you shouldn't have to too."

Rey looks angry. "No. You send me those coordinates. I'm coming to help you guys, I don't care if I have to fight Snoke himself."

Finn looks uncertain.

"Rey..."

"Finn." She says more softly. "You didn't abandon me, even when it was hopeless. It's time I returned the favor."

Finn stares at her for several moments.

"...alright." He finally says.

"Thanks." She says smiling.

"Besides..." Rey looks back at Luke. "...I'm bringing reinforcements."

She clicks off the commlink.

"Rey..." Luke says. "...I don't know what you're about to say but-"

"You have to help them!" She proclaims, cutting him off.

"I can't." Luke says firmly.

"Yes you can." She replies.

"No, I can't." Luke says, through gritted teeth. "Rey you have no idea what it was like. I tried everything to restore my connection to the Force. But you know what? None of it worked. That's why I'm here, sitting on a island in the middle of nowhere. Because I can't help anyone."

"You think they care?" Rey shoots back. "You think they care about if you're a Jedi or not? If you can use the force? Just knowing that Luke Skywalker is there helping them, could mean all the difference. You're own sister has been waiting to see you for years! She just lost her husband! Do you think she cares at all that you can't use the Force anymore?"

"Leia!?" Luke exclaims. "Do you know what the last thing I said to her was? I told her I would get her son back! And you know what? I didn't. Here I am over a decade later, and still I've failed to do that, so no Rey I'm not so sure that she wants to see me!"

Rey shakes her head. "Luke...you're all that she has left."

Luke remains silent.

Rey blinks. She stares at him, sadly. "...fine."

She crouches back down and begins to reassemble the lightsaber with her hands.

"What are you doing?" Luke asks.

"What you won't." Rey says without looking up.

"Your training isn't complete yet..." He warns.

"And did that ever stop you?" She replies angrily.

"...no." Luke admits.

In a few moment Rey has reassembled the weapon entirely. She looks down at it then holds it out towards Luke, as if baiting him. He turns away from Rey and the lightsaber. She scoffs and clips it to her belt. Without another word, she walks past Luke out of the ruins. Luke glances after her with a pained expression.

***

Luke walks up to an overhang from where he can see the Millennium Falcon. He sits down and stares at the ship. Rey storms insides, not sparing a glance for Luke. A moment later Chewbacca walks up, and stands in front of Luke.

"I'm not going, Chewie." Luke says, without looking up.

Chewbacca growls angrily.

"I know. But that doesn't change my decision."

Chewbacca pauses. He growls softly.

"It was good to see you again too, buddy." Luke says.

Chewbacca takes hold of Luke, and grabs him up in a crushing hug. Luke's eyes bulge in surprise, but after a moment, he hugs the wookiee back. Chewbacca sets Luke back down. He growls again.

"See you around, big guy." Luke says weakly.

Chewbacca nods, then turns away, and walks inside the Falcon. R2-D2 rolls up.

"You also going to say goodbye?" Luke asks.

R2-D2 beeps a negative. Luke looks confused.

"What do you mean you're staying here?"

R2-D2 beeps heatedly.

"..not going to let me get away again?" Luke says, smirking.

R2-D2 beeps and affirmative.

"If you want...I guess I could use the company." Luke finally concedes.

R2-D2 beeps happily, and rolls up next to where Luke is sitting. They both watch the Millennium Falcon's landing pad pull close. Rey and Chewbacca look at Luke one last time from the Falcon's cockpit. Then, the Millennium Falcon takes off, and flies off into the sky. R2-D2 beeps something to him.

"No R2...I don't think they'll be coming back." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 230 17
Reylo fanfic! It's dark. No light to be seen. Are my eyes closed? I feel the darkness eating me. Make it stop! I don't want this! Loud laughter brea...
51.9K 1.8K 94
"When I offer you my hand again, you'll take it." What if Kylo Ren had been right? What if Rey had taken Kylo Ren's hand when he offered it the seco...
1.6K 77 11
This is a story that takes place five years after the events of the Last Jedi. Though I did enjoy the Rise of Skywalker, I expected the Knights of Re...
1.9K 92 25
Set after episode XI (the rise of skywalker) I don't own Star Wars or any of the characters in here. Most of the ideas of mine but there may be sligh...