Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 29

1.5K 143 45
By ShonaLover

The reception was a grand affair.With full of guests from Reddy families and business circle.Prakash,Karuna and Priyamwada arrived with Varna in afternoon.Along with rest of the relatives.They stayed at their place in Chennai.

Ramya looked like a doll.More beautiful with the glow of new bride.Whole evening have been difficult for her receiving.Guests with a smile.Standing.Same was the case with Vivaan.

Attending her own family was.A bliss for Ramya.As soon as she saw them entering the hall.Rushed to them giving a hug to her father.Aunts and then comes.Varna.Who was dressed in simple black.Her face looked pale.Sick.She gave light smile to Ramya and hugged her.

Ramya felt from her face she wasn't okay.The function kept her busy.Everything ended on a good note.

Shettys were to leave early flight in morning.Ramya felt tired to speak a word.They reached home and she retired to bed.

Vivaan and ramya were in airport to see off her family.Karuna kissed Ramya's head and Vivaan.Prakash was next one talking to Vivaan.Priyamwada left an hour early for her flight back.

Varna sneezed and continued talking on her phone.She turned back and found her sister.Standing with puffed face and crossed arms.

V-"What."

R-"Why are you leaving so early.You are mean.

Could have stayed for a day or two.Aththai and Appa also agreed.You.

Are bad."

Ramya's face was red due to anger.Prakash,Vivaan and Karuna were seeing this froma distance.Thought to give sisters privacy.

Varna took Ramya aside and made her sit in a chair.She caught her hands.Her voice was broken.

V-"Ramya you need to understand few things now.Its not going to be same.Anymore.Maybe."

R-"Yes can see that.Already.

You have been behaving so strange.I got married Varna.did not die."

V-"Shut up Ramya.When will you stop acting silly."

Varna caught her head.Fever left her weak.Headache was adding to her vulnerable state.Ramya felt her eyes moistened.She touched Varna's shoulder.

V-"I am sorry.Please dont say such things.They annoy me you know.

Ramya.Its your new life.Be happy.Your house, family and husband.Be with.Them,

Okay."

R-"We are a part of each other.Why are you saying all this.Nothing will change.Right."

Both sisters got up and shared a hug.Varna cooed her sister's red cheeks.Ramya pinched her sister's cheek.

V-"That hurts."

R-"Varna.Nothing is going to change.We will always be like this."

They held on to each other's hands.Strongly.Trying to hide the emotions.Coming out on face.Hiding with a fake smile.They took a deep breath.

R-"Say."

V-"Right."

Their hands got a apart.As Ramya moved hearing Vivaan's voice.

V-"Ramya.Their names have been announced.Come Appa is looking for you."

Ramya gave a last look to Varna.Vivaan held her hand taking him to other side.The sisters' had a moment of eye lock.Varna closed her eyes.Tight with the sharp pain eating her from inside.Consuming her.She inhaled it all.Why does she feel.Last time.Things not going to remain same.

Vivaan had his arms wrapped around his wife.They bid good bye to her family.Waving hands.Ramya sobbed.Breaking down in his arms.He smiled and patted her head.Ramya felt uneasy.Why was it like.Its not going to be same.Again.

Two days passed since they came back from Chennai.Prakash was keeping himself busy with work.Karuna with household stuff.She missed Ramya badly.

Varna was playing with the pages of the book.She had on her hand.She was free and thought to.Clean up the mess.Pile of books have created.Her eyes fell on Ramya's soft toys.She smiled remembering.How she used to tease her.What she must be doing there.A book fell from the shelf.Varna frowned and went to pick it.It was a love story which Priyamwada have gifted to her.Long ago.

The book made her remember about last conversation she had with Priyam.While leaving.She stiffened then.Catching her head went to the window.Looking outside.Whatever they had.It wasnt well.Certainly did not ended off on good note.She remembered.

P-"I didnt wanted to leave you alone here.You are stubborn.I know.

Take care of yourself."

Priyam hugged Varna and kissed her.She played with her hands.

V-"I will miss you.Wish you could stay."

P-"You didnt tell me about this."

V-"What?"

Varna's eyes sparked with a feeling.Priyam smiled at her.

P-"about your wish.You wanted me to stay."

V-"Whats there to say.Its okay.You have a life there.Better."

P-"Dont aloof yourself this much Varna.From every one.Try to take your heart out.For once.So that people can understand you."

Varna knew where it was heading to.She chuckled.

V-"Announcement is made.You should"

P-"I will leave.

But with a question and answer for you.Varna.No one can you know better than me.Till now.I dont know if there will be someone else in your life.Making me happy to know you in depth."

V-"Chitti.Why are we being philosophical here."

P-"Life is also a aprt of philosophy.It becomes easier when we talk.Share.Varna.When and how can I expect that from you."

Varna shrugged her shoulders.Avoiding Priyam's gaze.Priyam squeezed her hands.

P-"You loved him.Didnt you?"

Varna's eyes shot with a shocking.Motion.She felt her breath not responding.Seconds after looking around people.Her family steps apart.

V-"Chitti.What."

P-" I know we have people here.I am not blind Varna.Answer me in one word.

Did you love him.Did you or not."

Varna shut her eyes.Stiffened her face.Giving a blank expression.Then spoke with confidence.

V-"No.

I dont know.Whom you are talking about.Please.Let it be.Not now.If someone hears then."

P-"Let it be.Its of no use now.

Your eyes giving me the answer.Lips deceiving you and.Me"

Priyam caught Varna shaking her.Varna felt difficult to breath.She gulped down saliva her throat.Faced Priyam with equal detemrination.Priyam left her.Then smiled faintly.She shook her head.Wiping the corner of her eyes.Seeing others approaching them.

P-"I would always love to see you.Proving me wrong.Varna.

Shakthi is a nice guy.If possible.Give a chance.I havent seen you normal.With anyone like this.This time.Prove me.If you want to."

Varna heard her phone.bringing her back from that day's thoughts.It was a sheer.Nerve wrecking moment.She didnt expect her aunt to say that.Out of all people.She frowned her brows and threw her phone.In bed.She had no mood to work.Or laze around.Felt restless.Closing her eyes dropping her.Head on the pillow.

Shakthi was a nice guy.From the time of Ramya's wedding preparations.They started to mingle well.Work purpose initiated the conversations.Then on till wedding.They did progressed like friends.Varna felt he was a man.Who didnt try to judge her.He liked her how she is.Perhaps.She also liked him as a person.he was bold and.Cool type with no attitude.He skipped wedding because of emergency at home.

Nevertheless he visited Vivaan and Ramya's reception.Invited for being part of same business circle.It was strange.How being part of so many known people.She chose to spend most of time with Shakthi.They talked and it was.Nice to have him.Surpassing her complexities.She felt around with people.Varna always got relief.Being with few people.She felt conscious around mass.

She heard her phone and finally picked it.With closed eyes.

V-"Whose this?"

Sh-"Okay.Varna Shetty not in a cool mood.I guess."

Varna left her breathe.How she was thinking about him.Few seconds ago.She sobered down a bit.

V-"Shakthi.Sorry.I.

I was busy.Kind of so.Tell me."

Sh-"I have a lot to tell.A little to discuss and.Less to share."

V-"Stop creating a maize of words."

Sh-"That suits you.Well"

He laughed on other end.Making her a bit smile too.

V-"Okay fine.Happy you won.Now will you please tell me.Why did you call."

Sh-"You went out of reachable mode.Since came back.So thought to make you ask about my whereabouts.As a friend this is like a courtesy."

V-"I am sorry.I have been.Not in.Good mood."

Sh-"When are you in one."

V-"You also start being mean now.This was left."

She took the pillow on her lap.Sitting.

Sh-"Hey I am sorry.Didnt mean to hurt your heart.I wish to know well someday.Your heart.That rhymed well hurt.And heart."

V-"You are.Weird."

Sh-"thank you."

V-"Thanks.I do feel better."

Sh-"Then we can head for the meeting.This evening?"

V-"Meeting?I have been out of work.Need to go through my schedule and.Office pending work.Do we have any meeting today?"

Sh-"Keeping pro part of fessionalism on other side.Can we meet for a coffee.So that.Wait hear me out first before.Blasting me off.

So.Here can we meet for discussing.Some important stuff about.Project and workshop.Which is near."

Varna looked at the mess in her room.Then back at the clock.

V-"I dont think I will be able to"

Sh-"Sad.How friends fail to.Give you time.Its okay."

V-"Oh.Stop being so typical.

I will be there.At 5."

Sh-"Shall I pick you?"

V-"Sorryy?"

Shakthi controlled the goofy grin.Got saved.

Sh-"Nothing.Bye."

V-"Bye."

Days passed and Vivaan and Ramya's married life was on a smooth run.Ramya never knew she would get.A family so adorable.And a husband.Sporting like a friend,funny like a supporter and romantic and understanding.Like a husband.She was making her place.Almost.In her new family.

Reyansh and Nandini's engagement was to take place in few days.Preparations were made for that.Vivaan came home from office.It was still time for evening.He found his mother busy with Lata and his wife.Giggling over something.

V-"hello gorgeous ladies."

He hugged and kissed Shivani then Lata.Ramya watched him and felt shy.Mixing ingredients for cake.Lata eyed Shivani as they coughed.Vivaan ran his hand through his hair.Trying not to act.Shy.

L-"Vivaan gorgeous word was for us or.Some one particularly."

V-"Ofcourse.For you all.Present here."

Shivani pinched his nose.

Sh-"My son is dumb.That case your father was more romantic Vivaan.Know how to greet your newly wedded wife."

Ladies laughed and left getting tea outside.Vivaan made a face.Then checked if there was someone.He took chance and hugged Ramya from back.

R-"Vivaan.Stop.My batter will be spoiled."

Vivaan scrunched his nose.Eyed the mixture on the boil that kept his wife busy.She was wearing an apron.Looking cute.He pulled her cheeks.She frowned cutely.

V-"What are you so busy with.Husband is back.Serve me snack and tea.Oh you dont know anything.Havent you being taught these things."

He stood with an attitude.While she had her hands on hips.She rolled her tongue.Taking some batter.She let it touch his nose.

V-"Ramyaa."

She giggled.And mimicked him.

R-"Husband and serving.Go and serve yourself.

Dont talk to me."

He rubbed his nose with the napkin.Looking back again if there was someone.He went to her.Hugging her.Rubbing his nose on her cheeks.Kissed her there.

V-"I see.What did I do to miffed up my.Doll bride."

She pouted.tasted the batter.It was done.

R-"I am baking a cake.Dont disturb me.Reyansh wanted to have it.All are waiting outside.Go join them.I will bring coffee."

V-"Hell with your cake and Rey.Whats with him.He should ask Nandini to make for him.Stupid.Let him come home.Have to teach him somelove lessons."

R-"let it be.he is better.than you."

He was dumb founded.Saw her taking the tray getting it inside oven.Lata came to help her.He had to leave.With a confusion on mind.

Ramya's cake got praises from everyone.Nandini joined them later.All had snacks and tea having good time.This time Vivaan tried to grab chance to get her.Corner her and.She sounded.Low to him.Unusually.He thought it was better to ask her later.

It was late evening.Vivaan was in the garden.Reading a book in the swing.Perfectly settled.He heard laughters.Reyansh,Nandini and ramya were coming.He looked at them.Reyansh held Nandini's hand.She was blushing.Ramya teased them.He was taking her out for dinner.

They left after which Ramya was coming back inside.She saw her husband's eyes at her.She made a face and continued walking inside the house.Vivaan got up and kept his book aside.His actions didnt have effect on her.

V-"Ramya come here.My back is aching."

SHe went to him with concern.Checking his back.He raised his one brow.Happy from inside.

R-"Why do you have to read like this.Sitting in frog position.This will get to back pain."

He faked painful expression.

R-"Let me find spray.That would give you relief."

He caught her hand stopping her.Made her sit beside him in the swing.

R-"I feel giddy.No.Wont sit here."

he pulled her and made her shift in his lap.

R-'What are you doing.All are inside.What if they watch."

He silenced her by his finger on her lips.She looked down.Her heart was beating fast.He pushed the fringes of her hair back her ear.Smiled at her.

V-"Now tell me.Whats the problem."

She played with hem of her dress.Avoiding his gaze.

R-"Nothing."

V-"Really.Why are you avoiding me then.I have been noticing that.Tell me.Ramya.Did I do anything wrong.Which made you feel bad.How would I know that."

R-"You are dumbo.Dont know anything.Thats the problem.Mom also says that."

V-"I see.All teamed up against me."

He pulled her more towards him.She got conscious.He tried to kiss her cheeks.

R-"You are mad.Leave."

V-"First tell me.Or.

I will.kiss you right here."

R-"Uff.

Nothing happened."

She was successful releasing herself from him.Was about run away.When he held her hand again.This time.With a smirk.She tried to pull.Losing it.His smirk was affecting her.

V-"If only I knew.How to make my wife smile.In better way.

Being dumb costs you this much.Oh my heart."

R-"Okay now leave me.I have to help with dinner."

He came to her and made her face him.

V-"Will 2 weeks be enough.In Paris.Or."

She looked at him.With big eyes.

R-"Say what?"

V-"Yes. I have planned my honeymoon.13 nights and a day in Paris.Sounds awesome.Is nt it."

She blushed and jumped to his chest.Hugging him.Vivaan smiled adoring his wife.He kissed her head.

R-"You were teasing me."

V-"Think so.

Why wouldnt I know.My wife was upset with me because.I started going office for work.In a week of marriage.Rather taking her for honeymoon."

R-"Yes.You know I was disappointed to.have nothing to say to Trisha.How difficult it was for me."

V-"Poor you.

Listen brat.No need to say everything to your close friend.You are mad."

R-"everything?"

He pulled her making her collide with his chest.She giggled.He played with her.

V-"Some things are meant to be kept.Secret.

Now/Get ready.As we are leaving.After two days."

He was about to kiss her.She ran away showing him tongue.He couldnt have felt more.Satisfied with life.

........................................................................................................

Thank you to my readers.For being wonderful and considerate.Love you from bottom of my heart.Good times and bad times.Support is everything.

Coming up lots of twists and of course.Vivaan Ramya honeymoon.

Thank you.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 18.7K 60
Cover Design: @DSPranushka at DS Creations Highest Rank:#46 in Romance on 16/06/2018 This is the story of Vedanth and Jwala who are totally opposite...
38.5K 2.6K 19
#322 in Short Story 20/5/18 #258 on 22/5/18 #265 on 4/6/18 Vikram walked aimlessly.After missing out chance willingly to.Party with his friends.A da...
10.6K 616 5
True Love has a habit of coming back!!! {Five Parts Story on Pranushka} Cover Design By: @DrabbleLove (Enchanted Graphics)
2.9K 222 28
Note: This novel is inspired by the Telugu hit film Ek Niranjan directed by Puri Jagannath Summary: At the age of three, Ram was kidnapped by a middl...