Unknown | ✔ | First Version

Galing kay Young_Queen1246

Perhaps things would have turned out differently. Maybe I could have avoided what was to come. Maybe it's a g... Higit pa

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Epilogue

Chapter III

42 11 28
Galing kay Young_Queen1246

Song: Take Me Away by Nico Collins

Chapter 3 

A m a n d a 

I'm not ready

My eyes go back to the clock hanging on the wall, the one that seems to be taunting me the more I stare at it. Just two more minutes, two more minutes to decide what to do once the lunch bell rings.

I can either go to the library and print out everything I need to catch up on or head to the consular who'll surely ask for me anytime soon.

Or you can wait for Brenda to go to lunch together and finally stop glancing around every class for any sign of them.

I lean against my chair. It's not my fault that almost every teacher made me introduce myself, which caused my eyes to roam freely around, but slightly helped settle my nerves when I noticed that most of my classmates were strangers.

However, that still doesn't help settle the unease that's beginning to grow. Especially when I can feel every thought; and every conversation with Brenda try to fight its way back to me. Both which left me wondering late at nights what the outcome would be if I ever left that place.

The sound of rustling and chatter breaks me from my thoughts as I see my classmates stand and hurry out the room and into the crowded hallway, me following slowly behind.

Most walk around me as I search for Brenda, some sparing me glances as they pass by, not that it bothers me anymore. Today seems to be the day to talk and stare at the new girl. Tomorrow many won't even care anymore, hopefully.

My eyes find the entrance to the cafeteria first, causing me to stop on my tracks, and from here I can see them, all of them. The sight alone causes my insides to turn- a storm of emotions beginning to form.

A hand reaches for me before I can leave, resting on my arm in a gentle yet firm manner; she doesn't need to say anything. My face alone tells the story. "Amanda," Her eyes soften, "you were going to see them sooner or later. Besides, it's not what you think, and you know that."

***

"Linda?" I turn to find my nurse Rose with a smile on her lips, along with a tray of food that holds more than I can eat. My stomach fills with butterflies, all of which are flying around trying to break free. 

They're here. They're finally here to see me. 

I hurry out my chair by the window and grab the tray from her, setting it on the table placed in the center. 

"Tell them to come in." I almost beg.

Her smile slightly falls as she takes in my words. "It's just Brenda and her parents, sweetie." My shoulders slightly sink along with the smile. I'm happy to see her, of course, why wouldn't I be, but what about the others when will they come.

I must have said the last part out loud because she comes closer to me and gently places her hands on my shoulders in a comforting manner. "Don't worry. They'll come just not today."

***

How much I believed her words, but as the days and months went by, so did the thought of them ever coming.

Seeing them now, I don't know what to feel. We were friends since I moved here, all of us, but not once did they go visit, nor did I receive a letter or anything, and I get it. They were never supposed to know where I was. I doubt they know now. But I've missed them. I just wished that perhaps they tried harder or that I at least had a chance to say goodbye.

However, the smallest and hidden part in my mind tells me otherwise; what if everything I've been telling myself is right, maybe they never wanted to see me, because, who wants to be friends with a person convicted of murder, guilty or not, and even if Brenda has told me countless times during her visit that it's not that. I can't help but think it is.

"Come on," she gently pushes me past the entrance and to a table full of laughter and memories. All which stop when we reach them.

"Guys, this is Amanda. She recently moved here and will be joining us." Brenda introduces.

I stare at every one of them, all different from the last time I've seen them, and even though my thoughts and emotions are everywhere at this point. I can't help but let a smile slip.

"So Amanda," Luke is the first to speak. He leans forward in his chair, arms crossed on the table, and a smirk playing on his lips. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" 

My brows shoot up in surprise, anyone would think that by now he grew out of this- whatever this faze is. I guess not. He's still that boy well teen who makes stupid remarks.

Luke was my brother as the group would put it, not that it bothered me. He was practically the brother I've never had, yet many would make up rumors that he and I were a couple, which were never true. We just had a special bond. Even Jacob would get jealous once in a while whenever rumors would resurface.

 I wonder if we still have that bond.

"You seriously need to get new flirting comments. Those are getting old," remarks Jessica, all while laughing.

"Oh come on that's the best one." He defended.

Jessica rolls her eyes and shakes her head. 

"I'm Jessica, by the way, the cool one, this is Luke the stupid one," She points at Luke.

"Hey, I'm right here!" He pouts, while she ignores him and continues.

"That's Alexander the responsible one, always getting us out of trouble believe it or not, and Sarah- the smart one."

"What about me?" Brenda protests.

"She already knows you, but fine, that's Brenda. The average one." 

"Seriously?"

I laugh; at least some things hasn't changed.

"You'll get used to this," Sarah says through giggles.

That's what I'm hoping for.

-

The one thing that hasn't changed in this school is the food, still can't decide if that's a good thing or not. I set my tray down and glance around spotting a vending machine across from where we're seated, something that wasn't there before.

"I'll be back," I get up and head towards it, pulling out a dollar I stuffed in my back pocket this morning and click on the Fanta, nothing happens. I press the button again, harder this time- no result.

Seriously.

Just as I'm about to hit the machine, a hand beats me to it, causing me to jump in surprise along with my drink popping out. I reach for it, my fingers wrapping around the cold bottle, and turn to see Derek looking down at me, fist still on the glass.

"Hey" I step back, bumping into the same glass his fist is on. He immediately drops his hand and scratches the back of his neck. "Sometimes you got to hit it." He explains.

I nod, "Thanks."

His eyes trail between me and the machine, and it takes me a couple of seconds to realize what he wants. I quickly step aside, muttering a sorry as he puts his dollar in, and without a problem, his drink comes out.

"So how are your classes?" he asks while we make our way to our tables.

"They're okay," I respond, opening my bottle and taking a sip.

"That's good to hear. If you ever need help, you can always ask me."

"Thanks, I might take you up on that" this causes a smile to form on his lips.

That smile, those eyes. Where have I seen them? I've never met Derek before. I know that for sure, but this feeling is making me question if I have.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow, " he says, pointing to his table on the other end before leaving. I stare after him and slowly take a seat.

"You know Derek?" exclaims Jessica, raising a brow.

I nod. "We have history together."

"Well, he looked interested." A blush suddenly appears on my cheeks. "I just meet-" 

"Ugh, what does she want now," groans Jessica, her eyes set behind me. I turn to see a dark-haired girl with brown eyes walking over to us, causing some teens to glance our direction, and judging by the way Jessica and the others seem to be sending glares at her. It looks like they have history, and not the good kind.

 She stops right in front of me, a smile on her face, ignoring the others completely.

"Hey, you must be the new student. I'm Zoe."

"Amanda," I hesitantly reply.

"Look, I know you're new, so I'm going to tell you straight forward. Get the hell away from Derek. He's off the market." That smile she had on a minute ago, is replaced with a scowl and her eyes narrow slightly. "You do that, and believe me. Your senior year will be so much easier, you know, without problems. I'm trying to be nice in warning you."

So this is her way of being nice? Well that's nice of her? NOT. Now I understand the glares. Just as I'm about to say something that I'll probably end up regretting in the future, Jessica, Alexander, and the rest of the group rise, and from the corner of my eye, I notice Derek out of his chair and rushing towards us.

"Get out Zoe, we all know Derek doesn't want you." Brenda snaps. Zoe ignores her, her gaze still on me.

"What's going on?" Derek breaks in, eyes hard, slightly softening when they land on me.

"Ask her, " sneers Alexander looking directly at Zoe.

"Come on, Zoe. Leave her alone." He demands as he grabs her arm and drags her away from us. "It was nice meeting you, Amanda." She hollers, causing the rest of the cafeteria to look at us. I turn back around and take a seat, pushing my tray of food away.

"Look we're your friends now,  if she tries to do something you tell us," Alexander says. Everyone nods in agreement while taking a seat.

"Thanks, but I can handle it don't worry, I'll make sure she gets a nice greeting from me if she tries something," I say letting my anger get the best of me.

I take deep breaths and notice everyone staring at me with concern in their eyes, especially Brenda.

Come on Amanda what are you doing?

Luke suddenly chuckles, drawing our attention to him. "Sorry, I can't help it. You remind me of someone."

"Who?" 

"Linda." The tension rises again, but for a different reason as they go quiet and glare at him. Even he becomes uneasy once he realizes what he said.

I guess some things never change then.

A/N:Remember I'm just trying to introduce the characters. It will get better. Sorry if they're mistakes. I know this sounds boring, but we're getting to the good parts soon don't worry.

Also genuinely curious what time is it where you live? It's 2:09 PM where I'm at.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

388K 17.3K 77
Romance|Action|Mystery|Humour Highest Rank- #7 Teen Fiction. #8 Mystery/ Thriller ...
1.6K 97 19
A game is a game, play until you can't play no more. What happen to a game when one stop playing, but the other isn't done yet. A girl played her way...
755 242 30
****MYSTERY/THRILLER ****Young Adult/Teen Fic..?😅 '''How to survive at R. H. A : ~ Don't judge a book by its cover because nothing is as it see...
14.7K 1.4K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...