Clarity || John Murphy

By Breathe_Me

***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 PEOPLE, IT IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED AND SUCKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*** After Jo... More

Preview/Copyright Statement
OTHER INFO - You will understand the story better if you read this!
Chapter One - The Lake, The Mist, and The Girl
Chapter Two - You Found Me
Chapter Three - The Colonies
Chapter Four - Training
Chapter Five - Prevention
Chapter Six - Let It Burn
Chapter Seven - 'Stupidity'
Chapter Eight - What did he do?
Chapter Nine - 'Leader' Jackson
Chapter Ten - The Bet
Chapter Eleven - Chills
Chapter Twelve - Bloody Axe
Chapter Thirteen - Missing
Chapter Fourteen - Bullet Holes
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - Hostage
Chapter Seventeen - Confliction
Chapter Eighteen - Dreamers
Chapter Nineteen - Liar Liar
Chapter Twenty - Wrecking Ball
Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"
Chapter Twenty-Two - Confrontations
Chapter Twenty-Four - Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Taking The Risk
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Breakdown
Chapter Thirty - Maps
Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA
Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President
Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth
Author's Note
THANK YOOOOOOOU!
Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker
Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Desperate Measures
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Epilogue
Author's Note: Everything Else
10,000
Anyone like The Originals?
Skyfall (LAST UPDATE I PROMISE)

Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions

2.4K 69 19
By Breathe_Me

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I've downloaded the majority of Continuum, at least, all of season 1 and the first 4 episoes of season 2. :D That's another show that Richard Harmon is on.

I AM SO EXCITED. :D I HAVE BEEN MAKING VIDEOS NON-STOP LATELY WHEN I'M NOT WRITING. My mom calls me lazy. ._. HMPH.

I was listening to this song for a while today. :3 Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco. ^.^

This chapter is dedicated to richardhalex for being awesome and loving Murphy as much as I do. :P

SO BAI.

Goal: 25 reads 1 vote. (Lol I'm not done Chapter 24 yet so this is what you're gonna get.)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Four

Eve ran as fast as she could, and she heard the many footsteps behind her. She suspected that it was the others, Bellamy and the blond haired girl were definitely there. She was far ahead from the others now, running even faster than Murphy, who was almost twenty feet from her now.

She kept running, knowing that her brother was close now. She heard loud gunshots coming from a closer distance. They were now getting more frequent as well.

Jack was yelling now, calling the names of some members of his team. 

Eve stopped at one point, looking behind her. She couldn’t hear the others anymore, and he fog was so thick now that she couldn’t see them either. 

She also didn’t see the long arrow that came from the fog, directed straight at her. 

*

The loud scream that Murphy heard sent chills down his spine, especially when he realized who it was. It was Eve. His Eve.

With that thought, he ran faster. “Eve!” He yelled, and heard a second scream. He soon heard skin hitting skin, and noticed how close it was. It was less than ten feet in front of him.

He slowly turned his head and saw him. A grounder, bent over a writhing body on the wet ground. He heard the sound of skin hitting skin again, and then saw the grounder raise his arm, an axe in his hand.

Murphy lunged forwards, slamming his right shoulder into the grounder’s lower torso. The grounder grunted before falling into a tree, putting his arm out to support himself. It was like Murphy hadn’t even hit him.

The grounder made a growling sound, then stood up to his full height and causing Murphy’s eyes to widen. He had to be at least 6’5. 

The grounder’s eyes flickered to the ground, where his axe had fallen out of his hand. He looked at Murphy once, before the two both dived for it. At that point, he was no longer focused on just killing the grounder, he was focused on saving Eve. Of course, he would have to kill the grounder to do so, but that wasn’t the point. 

Murphy’s hand wrapped around the handle of the axe, but he was forced to let go when the grounder sent his armoured fist directly at Murphy’s face. He hit the ground from the impact, and spit out blood after he felt his lip split open. He groaned slightly, before staggering so that he stood up. Before he could stand straight, however, he felt the grounder shove him against a tree, a knife pressed to his throat. 

The grounder pressed the knife into Murphy’s throat, cutting skin ever so slightly. For a moment, Murphy was distracted as he stared down at Eve. It had been her that the grounder was standing over, her that the grounder was ready to kill. His eyes moved to the grounder’s, and at that moment, he made a decision. He wasn’t dying today. And neither was Eve.

Murphy’s hand shot out, reaching into the grounder’s belt and whipping out one of the many knives he kept in it. He stabbed it into the grounder’s lower chest, directly under his ribcage. 

He glared into the grounder’s eyes, his own eyes looking cold and dead. 

The grounder gasped for breath, and Murphy immediately knew that he had likely stabbed the grounder’s lungs. The grounder dropped the knife from Murphy’s neck, his knees giving out under him. Murphy took the knife out, and with one swift move, sliced open his throat and watched as the grounder fell lifelessly to the ground. 

He dropped the knife, panting a little. He rubbed at his neck, wincing a little when he felt the long cut on it, but decided to ignore it. Eve was the priority. 

He froze when he realized it. Eve hadn’t been helping him fight for a reason, and that reason was that there was an arrow stabbed into her body just to the left of the top of her right hipbone. She had her hands pressed around the arrow, attempting to stop her own bleeding. 

Murphy quickly ran to her, kneeling down and ripping off his jacket. He removed her hands,and wrapped it around the wounded area, trying his best to stop the bleeding. He looked down at her, and saw how pale she was. It scared him, knowing that she was lying on the ground in worse pain than she had ever been. And it was all because of him. It was all his fault.

He moved her body so that he had her head in his lap, and his left hand was pressed to where the arrow had hit. “M-Murphy…” She said hoarsely, shaking slightly. “Help J-Jack. P-Please…” She said, but Murphy shook his head and only hugged her body closer to him.

“No,” He said, his voice cracking. “I’m not leaving you. Never.” He didn’t want to admit it, but he felt tears stinging at his eyes at the thought of losing her. 

He wondered how he got here. How one day, he was a cold hearted teenager that only wanted revenge, and to torture those that wronged him, then a month later he was breaking down at the thought of losing a girl that obviously didn’t want him anymore.

But, he knew.

It was because he loved her.

And he always would. 

He heard footsteps of people that were running behind him, and saw Adam. The others were behind him, which basically included Octavia with James who had been forced to carry her again, Bellamy, Clarke, Finn, and the mechanic. Jasper and Monty ran up behind them, Jasper clutching his gun as his eyes scanned around to make sure there weren’t any others. 

Jasper’s eyes widened, and he raised his gun slightly. Murphy realized that he saw the shadow in the fog that was quickly coming towards them, with four others behind him. Murphy held out his hand to Jasper. “Wait! It might be Jack!”

“Who’s Jack?” Monty had finally spoken up.

The voice made them all jump. ''The leader.'' 

Jack was now standing in front of them all, covered in blood. His jacket was gone, and the white t-shirt he was wearing under it was torn and stained with blood. He was wiping at his face with a cloth, removing the blood the best he could. He was now standing beside Bellamy, and it was only then that he realized how tall Jack was. Bellamy was an inch or so taller than Murphy, and it looked like Jack was at least two inches taller than Bellamy. That would make him around 6'2 at least. That was pretty tall.

Jack's face paled as he looked down at Eve, and before anyone could stop him, he had already knelt down to her and shot multiple questions at Murphy. “What happened? Who did this? Is she going to be alright?”

“A grounder caught her, he shot her with the arrow and tried to kill her with an axe. I killed him first with his own knife. I think she’ll be alright, but we need to get something else to stop the bleeding. I don’t know if we should take it out or not, she’s usually the one that deals with this.” Murphy said in a rushed voice.

Clarke nodded. “The grounders don’t make arrowheads, they sharpen the ends of the arrows. If we pull it out, the only thing it’ll do is make her bleed a little more, as long as it hasn’t hit any vital organs.”

“Do you think it has?” Murphy asked, staring at her with a worried look on his face.

She paused, and didn’t answer.

“Clarke, please… You need to help her.” He said, and his eyes felt moist again. He felt like a little baby crying because it didn’t have it’s mother, when really he was a grown criminal trying not to lose the girl he loved.

Clarke’s lips parted, and she moved over to Eve, kneeling down on the opposite side of Murphy, and beside Jack. She slowly moved Murphy’s jacket away from the arrow, the blood no longer moving as quickly as before. “I think she’ll be fine if we pull it out. It doesn’t look like it hit anything major, maybe scraped a bone but that’s it. She’ll be alright, we just have to be prepared to stop the bleeding." She paused. "Someone has to pull out the arrow."

Everyone stayed silent for a few moments, before Murphy had had enough and spoke up. "I'll do it."

Clarke's jaw dropped, and she shook her head. "Murphy, no. You don't-"

Murphy shook her head. "No, Clarke!" He yelled, his face constricting into a look of extreme frustration. " I'm helping her, whether you like it or not! I can do it." He said through clenched teeth.

Clarke and Bellamy looked at each other with seemingly worried expressions on their faces, then back at Murphy and Eve again. 

Murphy bit his lip, then moved his hands to the arrow. 

He looked up at Jack, who pulled out a cleaner cloth and put it near Eve's mouth. She had been listening the entire time, but had stayed silent. Perhaps it was from the blood loss, and she was too weak to speak. 

Jack moved the cloth closer to her mouth, and she opened her jaws, biting down on it. Murphy hoped that she wouldn't hurt herself in doing so.

He slowly wrapped his fingers around the shaft of the arrow, and looked up at Jack, who was restraining Eve's arms, and then at Adam, who was doing the same with her legs. "One... Two... Three." He yanked the arrow out, and Eve screamed into the cloth she used as a gag. 

She struggled against the two men, but eventually the pain softened and she stayed calm. Murphy took his jacket, and cut off the sleeves. He sliced them into strips, and tied them tightly together before he wrapped them around Eve's body and pressed the fabric against the wound. Once he tied the strips together, the bleeding began to slowly stop. "There, that should hold."

Clarke and Bellamy were looking at him strangely. "What?"

They jumped slightly, obviously having not expected him to notice. "Nothing." They said at the same time, and he raised an eyebrow. But, he decided to ignore it.

He wondered why they were looking at each other like that, it was almost like they were thinking the same way. It was very strange.

Once again, he ignored it, and looked down at Eve, who had fought against Jack and gotten her right arm free and took the cloth out. "You can let go of me now." She said, sighing. 

Jack laughed, smiling down at her with tears in his eyes.

Murphy reached over, taking her hand in his. "Don't do that to me. Never again." He said, shaking his head and not being able to hold in the grin that went on his face. She was going to be fine.

She smiled up at him. "I won't. I promise." She looked over at the grounder, who was laying face down on the ground. "And thank you for that." 

He smiled before shaking his head. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

Once again, Clarke, Bellamy, Finn, Monty, and Jasper were all staring at him like he was an alien. It was really starting to annoy him, but he let it go.

"We need to get you back to the camp, maybe we can reach the colony before the sun goes down." He said, squeezing her hand slightly. 

She sighed slightly, and nodded. Before she knew it, Murphy had put his right arm under her lower back, and his left arm under the bend of her legs. He lifted her up bridal style, causing her to squeak slightly and stare at him. "I can walk."

He shook his head. "No, you can't. Not like this."

"The arrow hit my hip, not my legs."

"Okay, let me rephrase that. You can't because I'm not letting you." He said, and Jack began walking in front of them. 

Jack stopped, and grabbed Adam's shoulder. "Wait, I want you to go back to the camp with the 100. Make sure you lead them back to the camp near the river, we'll meet you there." He glanced down at the dead body of the grounder. "And watch out for the grounders, this one was a loner, but we ran into a few earlier." 

Adam nodded, looking back at Clarke, Bellamy, Jasper, Monty, and the mechanic. "We'd better get going, or we might not make it by nightfall."

They were gone soon after that, and at that point, only Jack, Eve, and Murphy were left.

They stayed in silence for a few minutes, before Murphy spoke up. "So Octavia told you?"

Jack nodded. "Yes, she did."

He bit his lip. "Are you upset?"

"No, I'm not. I understand why you did it, I just wish that you had told us earlier."

He nodded slowly. He was happy that Jack wasn't angry, for some reason he cared a lot about his opinion.

Jack turned his head back to face him, raising an eyebrow. "I just hope that you will want to help Marcus and Marcel to contact the ark, having been there yourself."

Murphy sighed, then nodded. Fair enough.

He couldn't hlep but smile when he felt Eve begin to fall asleep and curl up against him while he was carrying her. Jack looked back at them again, and smiled. "Well, it looks like she's warming up to you again."

Murphy frowned a little, then frowned. "I don't think so. I think she's just thankful, if anything."

Jack sighed, and shook his head. "You're wrong, you know. She loves you. She just hasn't admitted it yet. At least... Not to herself."

Murphy couldn't help but smile softly. 

*

They had reached the camp again within the hour, it turned out that Murphy had been walking in circles, while Jack knew exactly where he was. Jack sighed. "We're gonna have to buy you a compass."

Jack swallowed dryly when he saw the sleeping and pale Eve in Murphy's arms. "I can take her if you want, just in case you're too tire to carry her anymore."

He shook his head. "No, it's fine. I can do it." 

Jack nodded, and the two of them entered the makeshift camp, where nearly everyone was packing their things and putting the weapons they needed into the bags. 

"Luckily for us, no one was killed, and no one was injured except for Eve." He said after counting the people in the group. 

Murphy smirked. "So the grounders were the ones that came in short. How many did you kill?"

"Four. Plus the grounder that you killed, then five in total."

Jane ran up to them, one of her katana swords clutched tightly in her hand. "If we're leaving, then we need to do it." She paused, looking at Eve as her skin paled slightly. "Now. Right now."

Jack nodded slowly. When the rest of the camp saw himself and Murphy standing there, they quickly moved over to them. "What do we do?" A curious Carson asked.

Jack bit his lip. "We found the 100, Adam is going to go get them. I want you to go back to the colony, but if you feel the need to stay, then you'll need to follow me."

He turned to Murphy. "Murphy, I'm trusting you right now. I need you to take Eve back to the camp." He paused. "Please look after her."

Murphy nodded, looking down at the still sleeping Eve and then back at Jack. 

Jack and a few others, including Jane and Carson, left to go find the 100. Jack suddenly stopped in his tracks, looking back at Murphy.

"And Murphy?"

He turned to face him.

"Don't let her leave. I'm not letting her get hurt by another grounder. Not again." He said with an extremely serious expression in his voice.

Murphy gave a slow nod, and the group had disappeared into the fog within a minute. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 2.8K 65
Ever since Clarke landed on the ground in a dropship containing 100 young and no-longer-confined criminals, she got a chance at a new beginning- at a...
47.3K 1.3K 16
**This is a Sequel to my book Clarke of The Grounders.** With Lexas' last breath, she picked Clarke to be the next Commander. Lexa was buried and Cla...
11K 315 24
\\THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK. I started writing it forever ago and it's sort of short. So sorry about that.// "So when can I leave," I asked. He took a bi...
115K 1.6K 56
This is so cringe idk why this has so many views... Aurora was one of the youngest to be thrown in skybox. The 100 delinquents get sent down to Earth...