The Adventures of Cuphead and...

By tomodaphne

This is a retelling of the hit indie game "Cuphead". It tells the story of Cuphead and Mugman, two brothers w... More

Opening Theme
Episode 1A: Don't Deal With the Devil
Episode 1B: Botanic Panic!
Episode 2A: Ruse of an Ooze
Episode 2B: Clip Joint Calamity
Episode 3A: Threatenin' Zeppelin
Episode 3B: Pink Parry Power
Episode 4A: Floral Fury
Episode 4B: Sugar Land Shimmy
Episode 5A: Pyramid Peril
Episode 5B: Carnival Kerfuffle
Episode 6A: Aviary Action!
Episode 6B: Fiery Frolic
Episode 7A: Honeycomb Herald
Episode 7B: Junkyard Jive!
Episode 8A: Dramatic Fanatic
Episode 8B: Shootin n' Lootin
Episode 9A: The Potion Problem
Episode 10A: High Seas Hi-Jinx!
Episode 10B: Railroad Wrath
Episode 11A: All Bets Are Off!
Episode 11B: One Hell of a Time (Main Series Finale)
Episode 12A: The Delicious Last Course
Episode 12B: Bootlegger Boogie
Episode 13A: High-Noon Hoopla
Episode 13B: I Want My Mommy
Episode 14A: Doggone Dogfight
Episode 14B: Snow Cult Scuffle
Episode 15A: Gnome Way Out
Episode 15B: A Dish to Die For (DLC/True Series Finale)

Episode 9B: Murine Corps

115 1 0
By tomodaphne

(Start on the third isle. CUPHEAD is leaning against the wall of the shop with his arms crossed.)

Cuphead-What is taking Mugman so long?

(MUGMAN emerges from the shop holding an orange bottle.)

Mugman-Oh, Cuphead!

(CUPHEAD turns around and sees MUGMAN.)

Cuphead-Oh, boy.

Mugman-It's not that bad, Cuphead. It's just a potion. It'll help you do more damage. You like doing more damage, right?

Cuphead-Yeah, but-

Mugman-So what are you waiting for?!

(He shoves the bottle into CUPHEAD's hands.)

Mugman-C'mon, drink it!

(CUPHEAD glares at MUGMAN while he drinks out of the bottle.)

Cuphead-There. You happy?

Mugman-Yes! You won't regret it, Cuphead.

(They begin walking together.)

Mugman-Charger is the best shot there is. You can destroy cities with it. All it takes is a little patience.

Cuphead-And there's the problem. I'm the most un-patient guy I know.

Mugman-Impatient.

Cuphead-Nuance.

Mugman-Now that we've got you geared up, let's collect us some contracts, but where to start?

(CUPHEAD takes out the list.)

Cuphead-How about right here?

(They begin looking over the list.)

Cuphead-If finding that pirate guy taught us anything, it's to start from the bottom of the list. Let's see...

(Pan over the list. The name at the bottom is "CAPTAIN BRINEYBEARD." Directly above it is "WERNER WERMAN.")

Cuphead/Mugman-"Werner Werman."

Mugman-Okay, now, how do we find him?

(Just then, they hear a voice behind them.)

Candy-(offscreen) I can help you.

(CUPHEAD and MUGMAN turn around and see CANDY standing right behind them. She is wearing a blue beret.)

Candy-Never thought I'd never see you again.

(She joins CUPHEAD and MUGMAN.)

Cuphead-Lemme guess. Werner Werman is dating your sister.

Candy-First of all, it's Verner Verman. He's German. Second of all, he's not dating my sister. As someone raised on the third isle and a roving photographer, it's my job to know the names and faces of everyone on this isle.

Cuphead-And you're saying your roving-photographer-ness is going to help us find Wern--I'm sorry, Verner Verman?

Candy-Yep! This way, you two!

(She leads them around the corner to a small house. The front door looks like a mouse hole.)

Candy-Alright. Now we're here! Knock 'em dead or at least knock 'em with enough force to get that contract. Buh bye!

(She walks off.)

Cuphead-Hey! Where do you think you're going? You've taken us this far! Come back and fight like a real woman!

Mugman-She's gone, Cuphead. Let's go.

Cuphead-Alright. Now, this guy better not be crazy.

(Wipe to inside the house. The walls are covered in medals, and there are shelves with tons of knick-knacks and contraptions on them. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are being led through by WERNER WERMAN, a long-snouted brown rat wearing a Prussian military helmet. WERNER is monologuing to our cupboys with a very heavy German accent.)

Werner-You see, ven I vas a small rodent back in ze Deutschland, I vas quite ze keen rat. Being born vis ze intellect of vat you vould say an aferage human, I could outsmart any animal zat I vould meet. Zen ze var came, and due to my razer short stature and, vell, being a rat, I often lost to ozers due to a sefere physical disadfantage. I vas tired and sought out an answer from anyvan. Efentually, in my quest for an answer, I stumbled upon ze-

Cuphead-Everyone, stop. I know what's going to happen.

(He points at MUGMAN.)

Cuphead-You are going to claim that you "have a bad feeling about this guy." Then I'm going to say, "Well, what makes you say that?" Then you're going to show me the debtor list. Then you're going to show him the debtor list. Then we'll have to say, "Hello. We are the Devil's repo boys, and we would like your soul." Then he's going to get mad at us even though 1. We're just the messengers and 2. We have debt hanging over our heads, too. Then he's going to say something like, "You won't get my contract that easily!" and then attack us.

(WERNER turns his head around sharply.)

Werner-VAT?!

(MUGMAN also stares at CUPHEAD.)

Cuphead-I'm sorry. Were you saying something?

Mugman-It's just that we saw your name on this list of people who owe their souls to the Devil.

(He shows the list to WERNER and points to his name.)

Mugman-Right here.

Werner-So ze Defil has finally decided to hold up his end of ze bargain, has he?

(CUPHEAD and MUGMAN look at each other for a second.)

Cuphead-Yep.

Werner-(skeptically) And how does he plan to achiefe zat, ah? Is ze rascal outside vaiting to steal my soul?

(CUPHEAD and MUGMAN look at each other again.)

Mugman-Should we tell him?

Cuphead-Yep.

(He leans with his elbow on MUGMAN's shoulder.)

Cuphead-Hello. We are the Devil's repo boys...

Cuphead/Mugman-And we would like your soul.

Werner-Vat?! Ze Defil sent two cup-boys to take my soul. Ahaha!

Cuphead-You laugh in vain my friend.

Werner-Vell, I sink it's time I showed you my latest creation.

(A rope drops from the ceiling. WERNER pulls on it. A curtain lifts, revealing a tank that looks like a large dented soup can perched on a wooden cart.)

Cuphead-That?

(WERNER walks up to the tank.)

Werner-Zis tank is ze ultimate veapon. You vill not vin against me!

(He climbs up the tank and stands on top of me.)

Werner-Vis my ingeniously designed machine, I vill smash you debt-collecting porcelain boys into pieces!

(He sinks into the tank.)

Werner-It vill be as easy as eins, zwei, drei!

Cuphead-This looks bad.

Mugman-You think?

Cuphead-You know what this means, Mugboy. Shots out!

(They both begin firing at the tank, CUPHEAD using Chaser and MUGMAN using Charge. Out of the top of the tank comes a cannon that starts firing cherry bombs. One looks like it's about to land right on MUGMAN.)

Mugman-Aaah!

(He runs forward to get away from it. It lands behind him, exploding into pieces of flaming shrapnel, one of which flies onto MUGMAN's shoe.)

Mugman-Ow, hot!

(Another bomb lands right next to CUPHEAD.)

Cuphead-You see, the thing about cherry bombs is that they don't just explode. They explode into a million tiny pieces everywhere.

Mugman-My shoe's on fire!

Cuphead-Well, put it out!

(MUGMAN takes off his shoe and throws it at the tank with one hand and charging up a shot with the other. Unfortunately, this takes quite a few seconds, and by the time MUGMAN gets to firing, the shot has un-charged.)

Mugman-Dang nabit!

(Two pink platforms with springs on them fly out of the top of the tank and land on the ground. WERNER pops out of the top as the tank charges at them.)

Werner-Yaaaaa!

Cuphead-This is our chance!

(He and MUGMAN jump on the platforms, parrying them and flying over the tank. The tank stops and turns around to face them. WERNER sinks back into the tank. A catapult rises out of the top of the tank that launches various scraps at them, one of which is a pink piece of gum that CUPHEAD parries.)

Cuphead-Mugman, go for the gum!

Mugman-What gum?

Cuphead-Coming out of the thing!

(The catapult launches more scraps including two pieces of gum. MUGMAN parries one. CUPHEAD goes for the other but ends up getting hit by a bolt.)

Cuphead-Ow! That one almost took off my handle!

(The tank begins rolling towards them.)

Cuphead-I'm going in.

Mugman-Cuphead, no!

(CUPHEAD smoke-dashes to the other side of the tank. A mechanical hand rises out of the top holding a bottle rocket, but it falls back in, causing the outer layer of the tank to fall away. WERNER is revealed sitting in his seat while holding onto two levers. There are two flamethrowers below his seat. One of the boards in the wall falls forward, creating a second platform slightly above the floor, and bottle caps attached to wooden poles slide in from the sides. WERNER's seat rises up.)

Cuphead-After him!

(He jumps up onto the second platform and keeps firing. Tiny flames appear at the tips of the flamethrowers.)

Cuphead-Oh, dear.

(He jumps back down as the flamethrowers belch fire.)

Cuphead-Well, luckily, I have range.

(He aims up at WERNER. His seat moves back down.)

Cuphead-Uh oh.

Mugman-Cuphead, over here!

Cuphead-Hold your horses, Mugman!

(He jumps onto the higher platform. MUGMAN does as well as the flamethrowers fire up once more. One of the bottle caps right next to CUPHEAD begins spinning as it advances toward him.)

Cuphead-Yipe!

(He jumps to the other side of the platform and meets up with MUGMAN.)

Cuphead-Whew.

Mugman-That was a close one.

(A bottle cap buzz saw advances toward them as WERNER and his flamethrowers rise up again.)

Mugman-Not again!

(They both jump down. Another bottle cap spins towards them. MUGMAN stops firing as they run to the other side of the tank.)

Cuphead-Why aren't you firing, Mugman? I thought you were the damage boy with your fancy-dancy Charge shot!

Mugman-It takes time to get a good shot, okay?

(WERNER goes back down. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN jump back up. MUGMAN resumes firing.)

Cuphead-That's more like it!

(MUGMAN rolls his eyes as a bottle cap forces them to change sides.)

Cuphead-At least I don't have to worry about aiming with my Chaser!

Mugman-Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now, help me beat this guy!

(All of a sudden, the tank stops doing much of anything, and WERNER begins pulling on the levers frantically. A huge black cat slips its head through the break in the wall and eats WERNER. It pulls its head away, destroying the rest of the wall.)

Mugman-Uh...

Cuphead-We have to keep fighting.

(He looks at his arm. His five diamonds are filled out.)

Cuphead-Looks like it's super time. What about you, Mugman?

(MUGMAN looks at his arm and gives a thumbs up.)

Cuphead-Let's do this.

(MUGMAN does something different: he leans way backward as a giant ghost counterpart rises out of him. It spins around, hitting the cat multiple times before flying off. MUGMAN stands back up.)

Cuphead-What was that?!

Mugman-We did it!

(The cat reaches far offscreen. It's paw reappears on the other side of the "wall," flopping towards them.)

Mugman-Wait, we didn't!

(He runs for it. CUPHEAD activates his invincibility and lets the cat's paw pass through him.)

Cuphead-I knew this would come in handy.

(They resume firing at the cat. It grins, its teeth resembling prison bars. Two ghost rats dressed as inmates float out. One of them throws a pink orb that CUPHEAD parries.)

Cuphead-Ha! Your attacks will soon be your downfall!

Mugman-But you just used your super.

Cuphead-I said soon!

(The cat does the paw move again. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN run out of the way. CUPHEAD fires at the nearby ghost, causing it to disappear. The other throws another pink orb, which splits apart upon hitting the floor. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN run to the center.)

Cuphead-We won't get hurt here.

(They both stand in the middle and unload on the cat. After several seconds, the cat's face falls off, revealing a mechanical cockpit with an injured WERNER at the controls.)

Mugman-Can we not do anything else today? I think I've been through a lot.

(WERNER falls face-first out of the cockpit.)

Werner-You vin, porcelain boys. You half bested me vis bos of my most powerful veapons.

Cuphead-Alright. Hand 'er over.

(WERNER reaches into his pocket and shakily holds out the contract towards CUPHEAD. CUPHEAD snatches it out of his hand.)

Cuphead-Thank you.

(Fade to the third isle. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are walking together. MUGMAN is holding the contract.)

Cuphead-And that's another contract in the box!

(He gets out the box.)

Cuphead-Put 'er here.

(MUGMAN puts the contract in the box.)

Cuphead-What was that move you pulled out back there?

Mugman-New super, I guess.

Cuphead-Well, we're really going to need it.

(They keep walking. CUPHEAD narrates.)

Cuphead-That's fifteen down, two to go. Every time we get a new contract, it makes me realize how few we have left. Despite what either of us have thought, we are making quick work of these debtors. The question is no longer if we'll get all the contracts but when...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 275 10
DISCONTINUED HUHUHU T^T The Devil's right hand woman, Queen Dice also known as (Y/n) (L/n), was killed in action while having a battle against Cuphea...
185K 2.9K 22
I just wanted to make a reader insert story about the comic Casino Cups dubbed by Shavs Media Productions. I don't own Casino Cups, the comic belongs...
27.4K 286 24
Fate works in mysterious ways, Jaune Arc knows this better than anyone. He was betrayed as an human, cast out of Heaven as an Archangel, but became a...
1.8K 18 10
♤ Book 1♤ This idea came to me while I was watching let's plays of Cuphead Don't Deal With The Devil... a game which is awesome. One day Cherry and h...