The Adventures of Cuphead and...

By tomodaphne

This is a retelling of the hit indie game "Cuphead". It tells the story of Cuphead and Mugman, two brothers w... More

Opening Theme
Episode 1A: Don't Deal With the Devil
Episode 1B: Botanic Panic!
Episode 2A: Ruse of an Ooze
Episode 2B: Clip Joint Calamity
Episode 3A: Threatenin' Zeppelin
Episode 3B: Pink Parry Power
Episode 4A: Floral Fury
Episode 4B: Sugar Land Shimmy
Episode 5A: Pyramid Peril
Episode 5B: Carnival Kerfuffle
Episode 6B: Fiery Frolic
Episode 7A: Honeycomb Herald
Episode 7B: Junkyard Jive!
Episode 8A: Dramatic Fanatic
Episode 8B: Shootin n' Lootin
Episode 9A: The Potion Problem
Episode 9B: Murine Corps
Episode 10A: High Seas Hi-Jinx!
Episode 10B: Railroad Wrath
Episode 11A: All Bets Are Off!
Episode 11B: One Hell of a Time (Main Series Finale)
Episode 12A: The Delicious Last Course
Episode 12B: Bootlegger Boogie
Episode 13A: High-Noon Hoopla
Episode 13B: I Want My Mommy
Episode 14A: Doggone Dogfight
Episode 14B: Snow Cult Scuffle
Episode 15A: Gnome Way Out
Episode 15B: A Dish to Die For (DLC/True Series Finale)

Episode 6A: Aviary Action!

111 0 3
By tomodaphne

(Start at Porkrind's Emporium. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are at the counter looking at potion bottles. CUPHEAD narrates.)

Cuphead-(voice only) The battle with that clown made me realize that we need some new weapons, so here we are at Porkrind's Emporium Second Isle Branch.

(He picks up a red bottle and reads the label.)

Cuphead-"Spread Shot-Short range with great damage -- if you can keep close to your target." See? This is what I was talking about while we were fighting the clown! I think I'm going to buy it. What about you?

(MUGMAN hands him an orange bottle. CUPHEAD reads the label.)

Cuphead-"Charge Shot-Hold attack to increase damage. No rapid fire, so precision is key." This weapon was made for you, Mugman!

(MUGMAN nods.)

Cuphead-You're being awfully quiet.

Mugman-I didn't really feel the need to speak.

(He gets some coins out of his pocket and begins to count them.)

Mugman-That's weird. I could have sworn I had three more coins.

Cuphead-Oh, that? I didn't have enough money to buy smoke bombs for both of us, so I borrowed some from you.

Mugman-THAT'S STEALING!

Cuphead-I'll give it back.

Mugman-Fine, but you owe me.

Cuphead-That's okay. I'm used to owing things.

(He puts three coins on the counter.)

Cuphead-I'll take the Spread Shot.

(MUGMAN also puts three coins onto the counter.)

Mugman-And I'll have Charge, please.

(Cut to inside a funhouse. The floor and ceiling are exactly the same. Pink cards are floating in the air.)

Mugman-Could you tell me what we're doing here?

Cuphead-I saw this funhouse, and I thought it looked. You know, 'cause it's a funhouse!

Mugman-Yeah, just like that nightmare circus was fun!

(A line of four cars drive towards them across the floor.)

Cuphead-CARS!

(MUGMAN jumps, startled. He accidentally parries a pink card and winds up on the ceiling.)

Mugman-Inverted gravity!

Cuphead-Inverta-what?

Mugman-I'm upside down!

(CUPHEAD looks up and sees MUGMAN on the ceiling.)

Cuphead-Would you look at that?

(He parries the card as well to avoid the cars. On the ceiling, a giant toy duck comes towards them followed by two toy ducklings. The second duckling is pink. CUPHEAD lets out rapid fire and shoots all three.)

Cuphead-NO! I could have parried that!

Mugman-Well, sometimes you win, sometimes you're bad.

(They continue on the ceiling until another line of cars comes towards them. They parry another card and land on the floor. They meet a green and white checkered wall with one eye and two mouths, one on the ceiling and one on the floor. Out of the mouth on the floor comes another line of cars. They switch to the ceiling.)

Cuphead-I think we need to shoot it. How about we try out our new weapons?

(He begins rapid-firing at the wall's eye using Spread Shot, which comes out in several red triangles. MUGMAN extends his finger. He doesn't shoot, but his finger begins glowing orange. A few seconds later, a bright orange flare forms on the end of his finger.)

Mugman-Oh, no! What do I do?

Cuphead-Shoot already!

(MUGMAN snaps his finger. The flare shoots itself at the eye. The wall has a cross-eye, and the mouths open.)

Cuphead-That's a lot of damage!

(CUPHEAD and MUGMAN pass through the wall. The next section has an uneven floor and ceiling. On the wall are stars with cannons that shoot cannonballs in cross formations. They begin running through the section. CUPHEAD constantly switches between floor and ceiling, depending on which is further from the stars, while MUGMAN stays on the floor and crouches beneath the stars.)

Cuphead-Why don't you just get on the ceiling once in a while?

Mugman-I don't like doing that. It's disorienting.

(He gets hit in the head by a cannonball. He shrugs and switches to the ceiling. The next section is a wonky Dali-esque hallway with platforms on the floor and ceiling like moving sidewalks. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN jump on the first platform on the ceiling only to realize it's going backwards and switch to the one directly below it. There's no platform on the floor directly in front of it, so they switch back to the ceiling. Ahead of them is a giant tuba with a face. It shoots a physical "BWAAAAAAAA!" but it's too low and misses them. CUPHEAD snickers.)

Cuphead-Seriously?

(He begins shooting it using Chaser while running backwards to prevent reverse-falling off the platform. MUGMAN is also running backwards, but he is not shooting.)

Cuphead-Hey, Mugman!

Mugman-What?

Cuphead-I'll bring the accuracy; you bring the damage.

Mugman-Wha-oh!

(He begins alternating between running and shooting with Charge. CUPHEAD continues using Chaser. The tuba falls apart and sinks out of view. They continue jumping from platform to platform, switching between floor and ceiling as needed. They come across another checkered wall. It holds out a sign that says "Uh oh".)

Cuphead-"Uh oh!" That means it's going to send out some cars-

(A giant tongue comes out of the mouth on the floor. MUGMAN switches to the ceiling, but CUPHEAD doesn't notice and gets hit.)

Cuphead-Nope. That is actually a tongue. Y'know what, let's get this thing out of the way. High-damage weapons, ready!

(CUPHEAD and MUGMAN begin shooting with Spread and Charge, respectively. The wall is knocked out quickly. They pass through its mouths.)

Cuphead-We did it!

Mugman-Quick question: how do I get down?

(Cut to the second isle. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are standing over a strange cross between a bird house and a cuckoo clock.)

Mugman-And what are we doing here again?

Cuphead-This is the residence of one of the debtors. His name's Wally Warbles. One of the barbershop guys near the pyramid told me about him. (loudly towards the birdhouse) Excuse me. Does Wally Warbles live here?

(No response.)

Cuphead-So, uh, a little bird told me, no pun intended, that you owe the Devil your soul, and we're here for that.

(No response.)

Cuphead-I know you're not happy about this, but if you come out, we can settle this like mature, civilized-

(The birdhouse sprouts wings and flies off.)

Cuphead-Well, that's rude!

Mugman-Speak for yourself.

Cuphead-To the skies!

Mugman-Are you even listening to me?

(Cut to the skies. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN fly in on their planes. The birdhouse is flying in front of them. The head of WALLY WARBLES, a blue bird with a red head, bursts through the face.)

Cuphead-There he is!

(They begin firing. WALLY coughs up a spotted egg.)

Cuphead-Swerve!

(They swerve their planes out of the way. It comes back around in pieces that hit them both from behind.)

Cuphead-Dangit! Guess we'll have to watch from behind. Mugman, spot for me!

Mugman-I have to see in front of me to fly.

Cuphead-Then I'll spot for you.

(MUGMAN sighs and looks behind him. WALLY's head turns into a glove. Bullets shoot out of the fingers.)

Cuphead-Bullets. Go down.

(MUGMAN goes down to evade the bullets. Four birds with nails on their heads fly in. The last one is pink. CUPHEAD parries it.)

Mugman-Cuphead, did you just parry something?

Cuphead-How did you know?

Mugman-There's always a sound when one of us parries something.

Cuphead-Okay, you caught me.

Mugman-Are you stealing all the parries?

Cuphead-No! Why does it matter?

Mugman-I'm looking forward now.

(He looks forward. WALLY coughs up another egg that splits into pieces and hits them from behind.)

Mugman-Bad idea.

(WALLY's head turns into a steam whistle and blows out some steam. He begins flailing around, sending feathers all over the screen.)

Cuphead-Rapid fire! Time to up our dodging game.

(They begin dodging the feathers. MUGMAN shrinks down.)

Cuphead-Why didn't I think of that?

(He shrinks down as well for a few seconds before returning to normal.)

Cuphead-I don't think I'm landing any hits. I forgot that my range gets shorter when I'm mini.

(MUGMAN returns to normal.)

Mugman-I forgot, too.

Cuphead-You're sacrificing dodging ability for shooting ability? That's not really a Mugman thing to do.

Mugman-I'm full of surprises.

(WALLY's birdhouse falls apart, and WALLY falls out of it, revealing WALLY JR. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN's jaws drop.)

Mugman-(whispering) There's more?

(WALLY JR. is floating in his own little nest surrounded by five spiked eggs that go inward and outward.)

Cuphead-Aw, crack! He's got defense! Get it? Crack? 'Cause he has eggs?

Mugman-I kind of feel bad shooting a child.

(CUPHEAD doesn't listen and keeps shooting. MUGMAN sighs and keeps shooting as well. WALLY JR. pulls out a raygun and shoots a pink ball of electricity. MUGMAN flies out of the way, but CUPHEAD parries it before flying up to join MUGMAN.)

Cuphead-What was that for? That was pink! You only dodge it if you're a simpleton, but if you have some self-respect, you parry it.

(He takes a look at his Super Meter. It is completely full.)

Cuphead-Hold that thought.

(He does a Super Bomb Morph and charges at WALLY JR., making sure to maneuver between two of his defensive eggs. After he explodes, WALLY JR. cries as his eggs break apart and his nest flies off.)

Mugman-All right!

Cuphead-What have you got for me next? (to MUGMAN) I can't assume he's done. If there's anything I've learned, it's that the debtors always have at least two tricks up their sleeve. That baby bird was one.

(WALLY returns featherless in a stretcher carried by two medic birds.)

Cuphead-And there's the other.

(They begin shooting again. Their shots go forwards, but they miss since WALLY is below them.)

Mugman-I can't hit him-oh, wait.

(He looks at his controls. There is a second dial next to the shrink dial labeled "Bullets" and "Bombs". He switches it to "Bombs". The plane begins dropping mini bombs on WALLY.)

Cuphead-How are you doing that?

Mugman-Remember what the plane guy said? "We can wallop our foeth with bombth!"

Cuphead-Oh, right!

(He switches to bombs as well. The medic birds spit pills at them. One of them is pink. MUGMAN parries it. His Super Meter is full. He Super Bomb Morphs on WALLY. WALLY's head turns into a trash can and begins spewing trash.)

Cuphead-What the trash?

Mugman-Your creative exclamations are getting less and less creative.

(WALLY kicks himself in the stomach. His heart comes out of his mouth, shoots three large bullets, and goes back in.)

Cuphead-Wow. He really is fighting to the end. Look, I'm no bird doctor, but it looks to me like your goose is cooked-

(The medic birds begin seasoning WALLY.)

Cuphead-Oh, my gosh. That was a joke.

(Cut to the second isle. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN are walking. MUGMAN is holding a contract. The sun is starting to set.)

Cuphead-Congratulations, Team Cup! That's another debtor down. And to think he didn't say a word to us.

Mugman-Maybe he just didn't feel the need to speak.

Cuphead-Maybe.

(He gets out the box.)

Cuphead-Put 'er here.

(MUGMAN puts the contract in the box. CUPHEAD puts it away. He puts something in MUGMAN's hand. MUGMAN looks down. There are three coins.)

Mugman-Three coins? Thank you, Cuphead!

Cuphead-I said I'd give 'em back, didn't I?

Mugman-Yeah, but I didn't think you'd actually do it.

Cuphead-Oh, Mugman. Have I ever not come through for you?

(He squeezes MUGMAN's rubber ball nose.)

Cuphead-Now, come on. Let's get home. It's getting late.

(MUGMAN nods. They continue walking. CUPHEAD narrates.)

Cuphead-(voice only) Well, that's nine down, eight to go. We finally have more than half our contracts, too. We've done a lot in one day. We've gotten new weapons, learned to fly planes, and fought all sorts of crazy debtors. I wonder what the second day will have in store for us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 63 20
Its been nearly 400 years since Cuphead and Mugman defeated the Devil and King Dice. The boys are gone along with many of the friends they made on th...
131K 3.6K 28
You had ran away from your home in the city on Inkwell Isle three. You're family was super rich, and because of that, you had to be perfect. You hate...
11 0 7
A brief explanation: the glitch where King Dice has a soul contract was the first thing I saw of this game, so I always just assumed it was canon. So...
1.8K 18 10
♤ Book 1♤ This idea came to me while I was watching let's plays of Cuphead Don't Deal With The Devil... a game which is awesome. One day Cherry and h...