Never Looking Back ✔

By serial-chiller

Completed. More

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 19

52.7K 1.8K 51
By serial-chiller

Chapter 19

Happy reading! :)

Emily's POV

"The fact that you are beautiful".

I blushed as I heard those words. It's not everday I recieve a compliment from a handsome guy.

I looked down not knowing what to say. I heard him chuckle so I looked up and tried to act normal.

Key word, tried. He was looking at me intensely which was making me uncomfortable as hell.

I looked away and started checking the surroundings. Then I glanced back at him to see him looking at me the way he was before.

I took a deep breath. "Never saw a beautiful girl before?". I said sassily in an attempt to lighten the atmosphere.

"Not more than you". He said and made the atmosphere more awkward. I blushed more at his words.

"Smooth". I muttered and he grinned.

"You are a great cook".

"I know". He said cockily.

We ate our food in complete silence. I finished first. I looked around awkwardly not knowing what to say.

After he ate his meal I decided to break the silence. "I should get going". I forced a smile.

I got up from my chair but blake held my wrist. I looked at him expectantly.

"What kind of gentleman would I be now to let a beautiful lady go alone". I rolled my eyes at his constant flirting but a small smile appeared on my face.

I nodded. The idea of going alone in a cab at this time of night creeps me out a little.

He took his car keys and we were about to get out of the house when he stopped.

He held out his hand for me to take. I looked at it weirdly for a second and then shook my head and got out of the house.

"So are you going to tell me what happened to you tonight?". Blake asked as he drove to my apartment.

"I-uh. Someone said some things to me".

"May I know who is that 'someone'?". He asked.

"You may not". I said, irritated by his nosey behaviour.

He pouted a little. "God! You are such a kid!". I groaned.

The car came to a stop and I looked out to see that we have stopped at an icecream stall.

I looked at blake and he was smiling. "I heard that girls like to eat ice cream when they are sad". He said and there was a little tinge of pink at his cheeks.

"Awww". I said and let out a laugh.

"Shut up". He said and got out of the car.

I sat in the car waiting for him to get ice cream. He isn't that bad. Total opposite of daniel.

Why am I even comparing him with blake. I thought bitterly.

Daniel is an asshole while blake isn't.

A knock on the window made me snap out of my thoughts.

"Flavour?".

"Chocolate chip". I said.

After a while he came back with two chocolate chip ice creams.

I took it from him and take a bite of it. God! So yummy. I don't know when was the last time I ate an ice cream.

"Heaven!". I said and saw blake looking at me amusedly.

"I know it's heaven to be with me babe". I huffed knowing he isn't going to stop with his beahviour.

He dropped me at my apartment and we got out of the car.

"Thanks for tonight blake". I smiled. My mind got off things because of him. He nodded back and gave me a smile of his own.

I turned and was opening the door when I heard blake.

"Aren't you going to give me a goodnight kiss?". He asked and I flipped my middle finger at him.

****

I was sleeping when I heard crazy knocking on the door. I got up startled.

Who the hell is at my house at morning. I opened my phone to check the time and saw that it's 9:00 am.

Who could be here at sunday morning.

I didn't bother to glance at the mirror and went to open the door.

I am going to beat the shit out of the person who is outside the door.

Ruined my beauty sleep.

I opened the door and let out a little gasp.

"What are you doing here?". I tried to ask a little politely but it came out more like shouting.

He ignored my statement and moved inside my place like he owned the place. He did a onceover to my place and made a disgusted face.

"Blake!".

"You could have had a better place". He said as he continued to glance around.

"Not everyone is millonaire like you!". I rolled my eyes.

"Billonaire. Sweetheart". He corrected. I clenched my teeth.

"Nice shorts". He smirked. I looked down and saw that I am wearing an exteremly short shorts.

They barely are covering my butt and my legs are fully on display.

"Asshole". I muttered despite the little blush on my cheeks. His eyes were still on my legs.

"I'll come in a minute". I said and went to my room to brush my teeth at least and change these pajama shorts.

I wuickly brushed my teeth and washed my face and made a messy bun. I changed into another pajama which covered my long legs.

I plan to stay in these the whole day.

I walked out of my room and saw blake sitting on the couch.

I ignored him and went to make coffee. I can't function without it.

I hurriedly made two cups of coffee for blake and I. He maybe needs it too.

"I hope you like it the way I made". I said with a frown on my face. I am still angry at him for waking me up.

"If it is even poisoned I am going to drink it because you have made it".

"Why are you here?". I ignored his comment and asked.

"I wanted to take you out".

"What?". I laughed a little.

"You mean a friendly hangout?". I asked.

"For you maybe but it will be a date for me". He said jokingly. I rolled my eyes.

"Be serious for once". I said with a little smile on my face as my mood started to lighten up a bit.

"Seriousness is just not my cup of tea".

"Yeah, I can see".

"I want to know you". He said finally.

I nodded letting his words sink in.

He wants to know me. The boring me.

"Why?".

"God. You ask so much!". He said annoyed. Do I really? I remember how I used to be so annoyed when my little cousin asked stupid questions.

"Whatever". I rolled my eyes. Rolling eyes has become my hobby now. Sue me.

"Go get ready. We are going out". He said.

I groaned. "Can't we just stay here pleaseeee? I don't want to stay in my pajamas all day".

"No princess. Unless you want to go out in pajamas".

I got up and went to change myself in a suitable attire. I changed into a blue jeans and a white sweat shirt.

"I am ready". I announced as I got out of my room.

"So where are we going?". I asked as he drove his car which isn't the one I was in last night.

Rich kids.

"We are going to eat breakfast first and then the rest will be a surprise". I nodded.

We reached a nice cafe and ordered sandwhiches for us.

"And a black coffee for me". Blake said as waiter was about to go back.

"You drank coffee less then thirty minutes ago". I said.

"I didn't like it". He said looking uncomfortable and I glared at him. How dare him?

"Asshole". I muttered.

The waiter was still standing there. "One espresso for me". I said with a smile.

"You didn't like it either right?" He grinned like he told the biggest fact of the world.

"I just wanted more coffee". I lied. I knew too how bad coffee I made today.

"So tell me about yourself". He asked.

"There is nothing interesting about me. I am just a boring person". I shrugged.

"Liar".

"I work as an assistant for Daniel Clifford from Clifford and Co. I am sure you have heard about it". I said.

His expressions changed as he heard. He didn't talk for two minutes.

"Oh". He finally said. Why is he acting like that?

"Tell me about your family".

"I don't have one". I sighed and then continued. "My parents died in a car crash and I have no siblings". I lied.

"I am so sorry".

"Not your fault. It happened years ago so-". I shrugged trying to say that it's fine when it obviously is not.

"Tell me about yourself". I changed the subject.

"My parents are alive. Thank to god. I am the only child. I am the CEO of Mendes Corporation and yeah. That's pretty much it".

"Wait. What is your full name?". I asked.

"Blake Mendes". I gasped. How can I not know that he is the blake mendes of mendes corporation.

If I had not been the assistant of daniel. I would not have known who was blake and what is mendes corporation.

Being the assistant of the biggest businessman of the country has its perks.

"Ok. Now I understand". I nodded and he nodded back copily.

"Now you understand".

We chatted and it was so fun. Blake is so funny. He told me so much about himself and so funny stories.

We got out of the cafe and blake held out his hand.

I chuckled and ignored it. And then we sat in the car.

"Now it's time for the surprise".

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 106 15
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎.
256 22 11
#completed Past slight enemies come in contact once again when they grew up....this time with fun and love and marriage.
3.7K 78 36
Unwanted love🌝 I put little mafia characteristic in hero not much🥲
123K 2.7K 41
❝My life has never been the same since I met you.❞ -------------------- Started : 29 September, 2021 Completed : 7 January, 2022 Edited : April 8, 2...