BRIDAL CONTEST

By Nana_Mandula

The idea of arranged marriage vanished into thin air when she set her eyes on him. Although he is nothing clo... More

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
THE CONCUBINE
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 19

2.8K 346 41
By Nana_Mandula

  I lost someone very close to my heart 2 weeks ago, please say a prayer for him. Thank you

Amnah paced up and down on the 3 shades of brown Persian carpet having a pep talk with her brain and her mind. Her brain has been screaming you don't deserve him because that is the only plausible explanation to why she wasn't picked and her mind kept throwing it's question, "will you have accepted?"

That's an answer she doesn't need to think hard about, she slumped into the ottoman closing her eyes and holding her head with her two hands.

She has promised herself that she's done being tossed around by a man, this was all she was afraid of when she didn't want to get into this relationship thing. She has made a vow to remain single until her kinsmen get tired of her singleness and arrange her with someone but then that Devil came and she was following him like flies sticking to a candy.

They didn't even allow her get over or at least get tired of the feelings she have anytime Maishayi coffee graces her room or meets her in school.

What were you thinking all along? That he likes you? He's just being an elder brother.

O! were you thinking he would? No, no.. if her subconscious mind was gaging at her then what do you think people will do if they hear this? Or even Mister COO himself. It's all Zuby's fault for sowing this seed in her mind and hers too for giving it a fertile soil to thrive.

She came back home yesterday evening after a stressful final-year day and met Aunt Maleikha with 2 ladies in the sitting room thinking they were visitors but no, the woman later on told her, they are going to be in the house for a few weeks to see who's going to peak her first son's interest.

Who does that? Well, the elites do, I guess.

It hurts to see your dream crash right in front of you but then she's glad she's worth more than that even to the Dr. Tambari's.

"So what if he doesn't want any", she heard herself ask without thinking twice and to her surprise she got a reply, "then we shuffle them", she spoke nonchalantly.

Shuffle? Like some cards in a card game. Do they know what they are doing? They have to, if not, why are they in the house.

By the way, she jumps to her feet to run to the shower because she's going to continue the runs of the previous day, policing her project supervisor till he goes through her chapter 1-3.

We are about to go on a wild goose chase in this house and it's going to be one hell of a ride. Two girls in the house to compete for her cousin's love, with the possibility of eviction and more members, what did his mother even say, ehen shuffle.

The hot water cascading her body took away all her thoughts about Mr. COO and his would be bride's wahala until,

"Hello cousin", Beeba clinked her heels into the room with her trolley in tow. Ya Allah, no!

She gave her a bone crushing hug and she has no option than to hug her back and force a smile to her face like she is really happy to share the room with her.

"Your namesake's room I see", she lets go of the trolley and stroll inside more. "I'll be in the guest chalet for now before we move into our house".

"Oh! With Arshad I mean" she clap her hands with glee, it took some minutes for Amnah's brain to finally get what she's implying. She's also part of the... no way. No effing way. What should she even call it...... The contest? bridal contest, Yes. Wow! How many more? This is going to be quite more interesting than she thought it would be.

She can see the headline for some tabloids already TAMBARI COO'S BRIDAL CONTEST or BRIDAL CONTEST IN THE TAMBARI MANSION or something like MR ELIGIBLE GETS A BRIDAL CONTEST.

Goodluck winning his heart my dear, I'm off to school she grabbed her compact laptop bag that packs all she will be needing for the day, "Bye", she waved and scurried to Aunt Maleikha's to bade her.

.

..

Arshad on the other hand is in his office taking care of the daily business of the office. He just got a financial report from his uncle's office that shows that they won't be able to cover for the health insurance for their staff for the following year and it has put them all in a rogue state of mind. The uncle thinks they should give it more thought and then deliberate on how to raise money for that or weigh which one is better, the insurance or workshop.

That's not an easy task at all with the hike in price of raw materials in the country and unstable exchange rate. The insecurity in the country is also another major set back to their business so there's need for re-strategizing which may need the attention of the board members.

He was deep into this thought when he saw his door being opened without a knock and is sure is nobody but Alqasim, not even his PA that they share the same office space does that.

"When did you land?"

"How will you know when your mind is occupied with nothing except Tambari, kila sedai mu haɗa ka da Ihsaan".

"A'udhubillahi. Sometimes I wonder how Fati cope with you, you're nuts wallahi".

"The same way The bridal contest winner will cope with you", he laugh in hysterics making himself comfortable on the visitors chair opposite that of the COO.

"Remind me why we are friends please, how can you be so elated about my misery har da bashi suna"

"I'm sorry man, it's just so amusing but how are they pulling it off? Do they like have a marking scheme where they will be awarded best in sweeping?

"Mtchew. You can go and ask the Mastermind yourself i have other things that need my attention more than that" and he continues to rant of the things that are giving him a tough time in the complex.

"Man, if it's Tambari you'll surely find your way around it. You always do, i trust you with that. What I'm here for is to get you a woman because I don't think that contest will yield any positivity".

Arshad slumps back on the chair and close shut his eyes, if not that Sophia is seeing someone he would've jejely choose her and be done with all this thing they won't let him breath because of.

God knows he tried getting a woman and tried whatever he could to keep her but she still left him for someone else, why do they want him to go through that torture again? Just like some inspiration he remembers Amnah's coffee. He jerks his eyes open and reach for his phone to order for her but he's not sure where exactly she is today so he dial her right-hand man's number in the house.

"Amnah? She's in school for something something I can't remember, just give them her number" and he was off the phone like he knows what his brother is calling for.

"Ahem ahem! Who's Amnah? Not our Awara girl right?" he raised his brow and the way Arshad click his teeth affirms his suspicion.

"Man you love this girl accept it".

"Kai baka da hankali wallahi. She's my KID sister, how many times will i tell you that".

You'll have to convince me Mallam and I'll record this the next time you say it and play it during your wedding dinner. "Get out", he threw him his favorite pen that was lying in the stationary holder before and continue to fulfill his promise.

He won't waste his time telling the friend why he's doing this, it's a harmless promise he's trying to fulfill but nobody is caring to listen. Not even his brother who he is sure has been looking at him like there is more to what he is letting on.

"Well I have an idea of a better way of delivering the package" and his friend fell for it without thinking twice. Sometimes he wonders how his friend is sailing a conglomerate like Tambari.

Amnah was so exhausted she hopes for a miracle, any miracle that will take her home without going through the stress of driving and then the bad news came. She regret ever checking the notification when she sat in the car ready to drive home and rest.

Dr. Khalid is in town and he's coming to the hall rightaway for lectures. The problem is that Dr. Khalid is the only neuroscience lecturer in the whole school and he's doing his sabbaticals in Sokoto, so, he comes once in a while. He's starting by 2pm and only Allah knows when he's finishing the class, if it is possible that man will try to finish the whole scheme today but since that's not possible she knows she's in for some busy week till Dr. leaves.

Coming out of the Masjid she saw a familiar car, no that can't be possible she said to herself till she saw a familiar number -she doesn't know why she has not saved it yet- calling her. What is he doing in her school?

Only to raise her head up from her phone, she saw him and another person by the car, is he some kind of magician? The ash-colored half jumper kaftan he's wearing fits to his frame like it was sewn on his body, he perched a zanna-bukar cap on his perfectly shaped head.

"Yaya", she beams before greeting the duo.

"We were around your school so i decided to bring you the last flavor of coffee". Maishayi coffee is far from around my school, her heart sang elated at the same time sad that that will be the end of their coffee bonding.

Long forgotten about her lectures that is to continue after Asr prayer she accepted the offer of Arshad driving her back home in her car while his bestfriend, as he introduced himself will take his car to the office and drive his back home. She's sure there will be someone to bring the COO's back to the Tambari Mansion so she didn't duel on it.

"Besty", the gossip on legs in their department called her and she wonder when they started that one. she taps her on the shoulder and Amnah turns at the contact with a pseudo smile. 

"You're ditching me for your brother right? By the way I'm Zee and I'm sure you're her brother Arshad, I've heard a lot about you", she forced her hands into his in a handshake, this new voice making Amnah cringe. She knows there's nothing the girl doesn't know in the school, but Arshad? How did she know he's in school. Does she have some informant at the school gate?

She just stood there like a zombie looking at them until Arshad waved the so called besty bye, she's sure he picked up from the reception that they are not at all close.

"She's not your friend right? I'm used to meeting this kind of people", well she is not. So that's how women trip on him she sips her coffee. No wonder they will jump at the opportunity of parading themselves for him to choose one as his lifelong partner.

Is like she is the only one that doesn't know how the world perceives her cousins. The other day Aryan was jisting her that he has once disabled his Instagram account because of the too much demands through his dm.

I try to help if I sense that you really need it but it started taking a toll on me that I had to go on a long break to save myself. Now, i laugh at many because of how hilarious they sound.

And as for ladies, the moment you start befriending them they will tell the world that you two are a thing. I don't deny it, i just go with the flow until they demand for assurance and I tell them vividly that I'm in this to while away time. It will take them a few months to rant on how I have played them before they finally meet their hearthrob and forget about me only to remember to send their wedding invitations.

Maybe to spike me but it never does, i go there with the latest babe in the cruise and give a fat compensation and I'm forgiven right away.

Blogs will post me and my current plaything in my ex's wedding but it won't stop the ladies from flooding me. I'm not moved by whatever the headline to their cock and bull story is because I have moved pass that.

They are so used to people parading them and faking familiarity just to tag along, the consequence of bring famous but all this is new to her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello hello my people.
The contest is here and your next Chappie is already drafted and awaiting my final touch.

Swell my heart with likes, comments and share. I might be moved to post it this week, otherwise till we meet again.

Ma'assalama.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 2.6K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...
231K 24.1K 43
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE". She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage. Cheers were all over the...
6.1K 1.3K 24
*Featured on @storiesundiscovered for the month of July 2021. And @AmbassadorsNG romance reading list ~The Bridal Series, Book One~ Two people. Diffe...
66.8K 7.1K 72
Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that way. At the age of fourteen, her life cha...