His Alpha Female

By felisidy901

"Life is like a food chain, people will do anything to rise to the top. Lie, steal, cheat, and even go as far... More

Prolouge
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-

-10-

15.6K 578 94
By felisidy901

Genevieve shook her head as I grabbed my 5th hoodie. It might have been comical to her, but I was dead serious. It was freezing here and until I got used to the temperatures I was bundling up. "The temperature should warm up in a couple of months." She reassured.

"A couple of months!" I said in disbelief. She shrugged her shoulders, giving me a sheepish smile. I shook my head and sighed. "It's fine." I said more to myself.

We had been to Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Zara when we finally decided to load our things into the car. I had an assembly of different clothing items I couldn't wait to wear. Genevieve was a bit of a shopaholic and had more fun on our outing than I.

I was more of an online shopper. I didn't like crowds so it always worked out better for me to get things in the mail. "A few more stores then we're done." Genevieve stated.

"No I couldn't. You've already bought me too many things." I didn't like asking people for money. It even made me uncomfortable taking my weekly allowance from my father, but he always insisted.

"Relax, Owen gave me his card to get you whatever you wanted. Don't think too hard about it. He takes care of all the members of his pack." I sighed then nodded.

I was overthinking again, something I tended to do a lot. As we walked back into the shopping center, I looked down at my phone after I felt it vibrate.

Dalton:
How are you?

Me:
I'm okay Dalt

Dalton:
Good. I'll check in with you later.

I shoved my phone into my jeans pocket before we walked into Victoria's Secret. I was thrown off as we entered the athletic wear section. "You need training clothes. I like their athletic clothes the best so..." She explained

"But why do I need training clothes?" I asked, even though I already had an idea. "Everyone in the pack from 13 and up is required to train. Except for the elders and those with special medical conditions of course." I wasn't sure about the whole training thing, it scared me. There was a high possibility of someone getting hurt. Most likely me.

I sighed then began skimming through the clothes. Genevieve explained that I would be training with Carter for the first few weeks to learn the basics. Then when I was ready, I would join the other females. Even though Carter didn't seem to take a liking to me, I was still grateful I wouldn't have to be thrown into the lion's cage with the other females. From what Genevieve told me, they were vicious. Something I wasn't accustomed to.

We made a quick stop to the supplies store to get a few school supplies after we left Victoria's  Secret, then headed home. By the time we got home, I was exhausted. It was only 4 in the afternoon, but it felt and looked like 10. Especially with the dark and cloudy skies.

Genevieve helped me carry my things to my room then left. I was in the middle of putting away my things when I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I said as I hung one of the last pair of jeans in my closet.

Walking out of the closet, I was caught off guard as Owen stood in the middle of my room. His eyes landed on mine as a smirk made it's way to his face. "How'd the shopping go?" He asked.

"It was okay." Nodding, he took a seat on my bed as I stood there awkwardly. "My nosey sister and her family are coming next Friday." He said, eyeing me then the spot next to him on the bed.

My feet automatically moved towards the bed, before I sat down beside him. "My parents also want to meet you, so my mom is hosting lunch at her house tomorrow. If that's okay with you?"

I hesitantly nodded. "Yeah that's sounds good." His green eyes met mine, searching for any trace of a lie. He dropped his gaze to his lap as he ran his hand over his face. "They don't bite Parmus. I wish you'd tell me when you're uncomfortable with a situation opposed to lying to me." His intense gaze met mine.

"I wasn't lying. I do want to meet your family, I'm just a little nervous." I said truthfully.

He smiled. "Don't be, they'll love you." His eyes lingered on mine for a few seconds before he stood to leave. "I made chili, come on." I followed after him as he lead us down the hall. After reaching the doors to his room, we turned to the left. Revealing an open plan living room and kitchen. The kitchen had white marble counters and stainless steel appliances.

I took a seat at the table located in the far left of the kitchen as Owen made our bowls of chili. My eyes flickered to the muted TV. It was a hockey game, which caused me to roll my eyes. "Not a hockey fan?" Owen asked as he placed a bowl of chili in front of me then sat across from me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't really like sports." He nodded then began eating his food, occasionally glancing at the TV. Taking my first bite of the chili, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself liking it.

"So did you actually accept that pup as your mate?" Owen asked. I took my attention off my food to find his eyes boring into mine intensely. "No." He nodded his approval, dropping the subject.

But I had my own set of questions for him as well. I had tried to drift my mind from the thoughts of Penelope all day, but what happened this morning didn't sit well with me. She was so nice to me last night, then all of a sudden it was like a light switched. I just wanted the confirmation from him, that I was overthinking this whole thing and they were just friends.

"Why was Penelope leaving your room this morning?" I instantly regretted the words as they left my mouth, as he narrowed his eyes at me. His grip on the spoon tightened, a low growl escaped his mouth. "That is none of your concern." He spat.

I dropped my gaze to my lap and nodded. "Sorry."

We ate the rest of our food in silence. I was more than happy to leave once I finished. The tension prominent in the room, caused me to become uncomfortable.

I sat in my bed that night, staring at the ceiling. This place was still very foreign to me so getting to sleep had become a struggle. The time change also didn't help with my sleep schedule.

After watching a couple hours of Bates Motel. I found myself drifting off into a deep sleep.

***

I woke up later than intended the next day. My hair stayed glued to my cheek from the tiny bit of slobber that escaped my mouth. I hated to admit it, but when I slept...I slept hard. And sometimes I tended to drool a little bit.

I walked to my bathroom to take a quick shower then wash my face and brush my teeth. When I was done, I ran my straightener through my naturally wavy hair. I applied my favorite mascara and lipgloss then went in search of an outfit.

I changed into a black long sleeved shirt and black jeans. I put on a thick grey cardigan and my brown combat boots.

As my stomach began to growl, I left my room to find something to eat. The kitchen down the was empty when I entered. I made myself a quick turkey sandwich then walked over to the living room and sat on the couch. Pulling out one of the books I had brought along with me, I read through the pages while I sat and ate.

I was so caught up in my book that I didn't notice the footsteps approaching. I snapped my head up from my book as I heard someone clear their throat. Owen stood there dressed in a black tracksuit and white sneakers. His head tilted to the side as he examined me. "Are you really that cold?" He asked.

I nodded in response to his question. "I'll adjust the heater." He said more to himself as his eyes drifted off into the distance. "Thanks."

He nodded before he spoke again. "Genevieve will show you around the pack before lunch at my mother's." I nodded then bit back into my sandwich, focusing my attention back on the book.

After a couple of seconds when I still felt his presence, I glanced up to see him staring at me intently. "Is there something else Owen?" I asked with a smirk. He shook his head, quickly regaining his thoughts.

"Uh no it's just..." Raising my eyebrow, I waited for him to finish his sentence. He shook his head once more. "Never mind." He turned on his heel and left.

After I finished my sandwich I made sure to take my medicine. I missed taking it yesterday and knew it couldn't happen again.

I met Genevieve by the entrance of the pack house doors. "Hey." She said before she pulled me into a hug. "Hi."

"I want to show you around the pack house first, then we can head out to the pack." I nodded and allowed her to lead the way.

I stayed behind Genevieve the entire time as she explained each area of the house. The first floor was filled with the busiest of places. The second floor had all bedrooms for some of the pack members. She explained some more of the pack rules and procedures. Nothing to tedious, but I knew why they were put in place. No rules meant a chaotic pack.

Genevieve lead us to her car parked behind the pack house. "I want to show you where the school is so you know how to get there." She said as she started up the car.My thoughts drifted to my black Nissan, still most likely sitting in the garage back home. "Thanks but what am I going to drive?" I asked.

"I'm sure Alpha will let you borrow one of his cars." I nodded as she began driving away from the pack house.

We spend about two hours exploring the pack, and by the time we got back we still didn't get to the whole pack. We just concluded I had a good idea and would figure out the rest on my own. "Your training with Carter starts tomorrow after school." She stated before we exited the car.

"Great." I ran my hand over my face.

"Oh it won't be that bad. I'll tell him to go easy on you." She reassured as we walked to the pack house.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Before we entered the pack house I pulled Genevieve aside. She stared at me, a confused expression displayed on her face. "Are Penelope and Owen just friends?" It was something that had been nagging my wolf and I all day. Especially my wolf. She occasionally growled each time the thought crossed my mind. She was itching to be let out, and I was beginning to have a hard time holding her back.

"Yeah, they're childhood friends, nothing more." I nodded and sighed in relief. Sadly this was not enough for my wolf as she paced in the back of my mind, ready to attack.

Genevieve placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. An involuntary growl escaped my mouth, which had her quickly pulling away. "S-sorry." I stuttered out.

She chuckled, "You're good. I've been there before...trust me."

We parted ways as we reached the entrance of the pack house. Taking a deep breath, I went in search for my mate.

***

Any predictions?

Parmus is learning more about the pack and Owen. More about Parmus's past will be revealed in the next two chapters so stay tuned sisters! (I personally don't like James Charles, but his greeting is funny lol)

Anyway hope you have a great day! 💙

Song:
Walking On A Dream~ Empire of the sun 😎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 6.3K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
338K 16K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
27.9K 694 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
1.1M 41.6K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...