The Heart Of Ahkmenrah | Rami...

ravenlumos

"they all come to life at night, it magical" "Yeah right" Elizabeth's understanding about life and love chang... Еще

.Introduction.
1. The Beginning
2. My Name is
3. The Tablet
4. Monet
5. Understand The Past
6. Rambling
7. Far Too Sweet
9. Night as a Normal Man p.2
10. Soldier
11. Creative Writing
long time no updates

8. Night as a Normal Man

3K 79 40
ravenlumos

Word count: 1971

The days in the next week passed quickly, almost every night Ahkmenrah was divulging stories and moments from his life to Elizabeth, ending with both of them growing fonder with one another.
On the seventh night of their discussions Elizabeth noticed something about Ahkmenrah that she hadn't before.
The more he relived his life, the more he seemed to yearn for excitement, almost as if he realized that he had spent so long wandering the halls of the museum and being with Elizabeth and hearing about her life made him feel bored. She wasn't sure how she picked up on this as he did thoroughly enjoy spending time with her, it was when she would walk to his exhibit and see him just staring at walls before they started working that caught her attention.

This night Elizabeth rubbed her sore hand, her habit of squeezing her pencil when she was writing about something that excited her was coming back to bite her, paying attention to the tender skin between her pointer and her middle finger. Elizabeth sat on the subway on her way to the museum, Larry had gone in to work early and she was too tired to get up at the time. She had not brought her books, only a notepad for something important, she wanted to hang out with Ahkmenrah, not just study him.
Slowly Elizabeth zoned out, voices of people around her faded and she barely felt the train halt at each stop. Her mind drifted to him, he made her feel a certain way, it was hard to explain. It wasn't typical butterflies, it excited her and she craved his presence, not admitting to herself that he made her cheeks rosie for more than his endless complements, but his smile and his eyes.
Elizabeth chuckled to herself, for she had thought about his smile so many times that it was burned into her mind, not that it was a bad thing.
Elizabeth couldn't deny it,
She was smitten with him.

The familiar robotic voice came through the speakers in the subway car that announced her stop, pulling Elizabeth from her thoughts and grab onto the pole to get up before the train refilled with passengers. As she walked up to the escalators to get out she saw an ad for the museum and laughed at the drawing of what scientists believed Ahkmenrah and a few of the other exhibits looked like when they were alive, he was much cuter in person.

She got out onto the street and walked the few blocks to get to her destination, it was already dark out and she knew Larry would be upset with her if she took too long, he was protective of her. Elizabeth knocked on the security entrance was welcomed in by her uncle, he looked rather worn out and frustrated, more than he usually was of course. His face had a large painful looking bruise on the side.
"Are you doing okay? What happened?" She questioned him with worry.
"I'm fine Beth, just tired is all, some kids messed up the Neanderthal exhibit and I had to come fix it before they woke up" Larry sighed before running his temple with his fingers.
"If you can't tell, they woke up while I was working, got me right in the face" he spoke gesturing to his cheek.
Elizabeth grimaced at the sight of the sore flesh, she knew the Neanderthals were much stronger than most people today.
Her uncle noticed her expression,
"Its fine, I did startle them, and they themselves were sorry, after laughing for awhile at least" he chuckled.
Elizabeth smiled at him and then looked to the door that lead to the museum.
"He's in his exhibit, sleeping in I guess" Larry told her with an amused smile.
"Thanks" Elizabeth blushed, guess everybody knew how she always wanted to see Ahkmenrah, she didn't think that she was that obvious about it...

Elizabeth walked into the main hall saw only Teddy and Saca sitting together, she did not feel like questioning what the others were up to. She climbed the stairs and made her way towards Ahkemrahs exhibit.
Elizabeth turned to corner and saw the two large jackals guarding his door, they looked down at her and then relaxed their stance moved so she could go past them.
This startled Elizabeth as they were nice with nobody, not even Larry whom they had know for many years.

Pushing these questions a bit to the side of her mind she saw his tomb and walked towards it, once again admiring the magnificent display that the museum had put together.
Elizabeth looked at the edge of his sarcophagus and noticed that it was slightly open, she peered in curiously and saw Ahkmenrah sleeping.
She felt like a bit of a creep for looking at him like this but he had such a look of peace on his face that she didn't want to turn away.
Elizabeth shook her head and pulled herself out of her head and took a step back, it before quietly knocking on the side.
She heard an exhale and Ahkmenrah sat up and ruffled his hair, it was beautifully curly, a rich chocolate colour.

"Its a shame you hide that hair under a crown" she giggled.
"Oh Elizabeth!" he jumped, he was not wearing his robes, just a tunic around his waist.
Elizabeth turned pink and looked at the wall.

"I'm sorry, you just startled me" Ahkmenrah spoke in a calmer voice, when he realized she was was watching the wall quite intently, it most likely due to his state of undress.
"Oh, sorry about that too, there are nights were I don't have to get wrapped up again and they are rather...freeing" he mumbled, obviously slightly embarrassed, while the simple outfit wasn't unsual for him in his time, he knew people were more bashful nowadays.
"No it's fine, it's my fault for barging in here" Elizabeth chuckled.
"You hardly barged into anything Elizabeth" Ahkmenrah smiled while pulling on his robes, he went to reach for his crown when Elizabeth stopped him.
"If you don't mind, I'd like to see your hair tonight, I really like it" she grinned.
"As you wish" he smiled, it was unritualistic to not wear a pharaohs crown but Ahkmenrah knew that times had changed and he felt comfortable changing his ways for Elizabeth.

The two of them sat on the steps leading to his sarcophagus and Ahkmenrah looked at her.
"What are we working on today?" he asked.
"Well" Elizabeth started
"I was thinking, we have been doing nothing but working for the past week" She continued.
"Plus eating" Ahkmenrah added, making her laugh.
"That too" she smiled.
"I was thinking we should go out" Elizabeth grinned, Ahkmenrah looked at her with an confusion across his face.
"I know I know, it would be weird for another person to see a man dressed as an Egyptian pharaoh, even though this is New York. So I searched through all of my uncle's and Nick's clothing to find the least lame stuff they had and I found some things I think would work" She finished excitedly. Ahkmenrah smiled at her and the thought for a moment.
"Well I have only left the museum once, to help Larry catch some escaped exhibits, I rode Rexy with Nick when he was only around 7 or 8 years old"

Elizabeth laughed and then realized she was only about 9 when that happened and became suddenly more aware how of his immortality. She didn't want it to dim her excitement so she ignored it.

"Where would we go? I can't imagine much is open at this hour" he asked.
"I know a 24/7 diner, kinda like the grocery store Nick got us food from. People want food all the time" Elizabeth explained.
"Well then I guess it would be my pleasure to go out into the world with you" Ahkmenrah smiled at her, momentarily putting his hand on hers, before retracting and standing up awkwardly.
Elizabeth just giggled and grabbed his arm, pulling him to the security personnel lounge.
"Here you can come and see what you would like to wear!"
She grabbed her backpack from one of the chairs and handed it to Ahkmenrah.
He opened it and looked at what she brought him.
"Again, I'm sorry that my family has no taste, I did my best" Elizabeth mumbled slightly embarrassed by her uncle and cousin. Ahkmenrah chuckled and pull out a dark maroon t-shirt and a pair of jeans that were too big for Nick.
"Does this work?" he questioned holding them up while feeling the fabric. Elizabeth looked at the clothing and then looked at him with a grin.
"It's perfect!" she exclaimed, she then realized that she had to give him briefs so he wouldn't be uncomfortable in jeans, while she was blushing furiously she handed the fabric to him.
"They're new, I got them for you as I figured you wouldn't want Larry or Nick's" she practically whispered. He looked at them for a moment and he opened his mouth to speak before she cut him off.
"They go under your jeans, so there isn't... too much friction" Elizabeth grimaced at her words, she sounded like a thirsty 15 year old writing fan fiction.

author has a moment of realization.
Anyway

Elizabeth straightened herself out and lastly grabbed a pair of shoes she figured would have fit him and left the room.
"I hope everything is okay"
He laughed while looking at everything.
"I'm not used to it in any way, but if it makes you happy I'm fine with it" he smiled at her. Elizabeth felt her cheeks somehow get even warmer and closed the door and sped away.

A few minutes later she knocked on the door and heard Ahkmenrah welcome her in. She closed the door behind her and looked at him up and down.
Ahkmenrah was looking at himself in the small mirror that was in the lounge, he brought his hand to his head and slightly ruffled his hair.
"It's very odd to see myself like this" he started
"However I don't mind it" he looked back at her. Elizabeth hurried over to him excitedly and placed her hands on his shoulders to straighten out his shirt.
"You look so good Ahk!" she squealed slightly, Elizabeth noticed that it was probably the first time that she had addressed him by his nickname and not Ahkmenrah. She liked the way his full name sounded but took pleasure in calling him Ahk.
He laughed and scanned himself one more time before turning to her.
"Should we leave now" he asked. Elizabeth barely heard him as she couldn't stop admiring him, she loved his normal gorgeous outfit but this made him feel so much.. Closer? She couldn't put words to it.
"Oh! Yes we can go now, I'm just going to grab some money from my uncle" she had her own money, but preferred to save it for school, for future investments.
Elizabeth left the room to look for him and practically skipped back to Ahkmenrah when she was ready to leave, before stopping herself in fear of looking ridiculous.
Ahkmenrah was standing by the security exit shuffling in his shoes, obviously not used to anything but sandals.
"Phew, okay let's go" Elizabeth held onto his arm and opened the door.

Hi.... I'm sorry that I haven't updated in like a month and a half, I was going to make this chapter longer bit I decided to just cut it in half to get it out.
Sorry sorry sorry
ON OTHER NEWS DID YOU SEE THE BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY TRAILER, I LOVE QUEEN AND I LOVE RAMI
I'm so in love :)

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

14.3K 372 23
b o o k o n e When she started in the industry she didn't think she would be fetching people coffee. cover by @OFFTH3MARK
Our Ancient Love urfavescorpio1023

Любовные романы

69.9K 1.9K 40
You get your first job at The American Museum of Natural History where you discover that history comes to life, but only at night. It isn't long befo...
22K 522 11
❝ s-so i guess we're both on nightshift tonight? ❞ ❝ ..i guess so. ❞ ☾ in which y/n is stuck with the man she's been admiring from afar during a nigh...
3.1K 121 30
Theirs a new night guard, me, sappire. Instead of a young adult (16-17), I'm 13. When the animatronics hear that theirs a new guard they do what they...