I've Always Been Around (Camr...

By StrongWarrior13

Lauren and Camila have always seemed to be best friends, attached at the hip some would say. That all change... More

I've Always Been Around
Chapter 1: Pizza Place
Chapter 2: Pushing You Away
Chapter 3: Meeting Her
Chapter 4: Introducing Baylor
So Sorry
Chapter 5: Italy Lovin'
Chapter 7: Remembering Sunday
Chapter 7 Part 2: Lauren's response
Chapter 8: Breaking Up
Chapter 9: Gravity
Chapter 10: Shades Of Cool
Not an update: So Sorry! Update Soon!
Chapter 11: The Family Meeting
Chapter 12: My Sweet Mind
Chapter 13: Camila Knows
Chapter 14: Body Electric
Chapter 15: The Morning After
Chapter 16: All You Never Say
Chapter 17: I Need Closure
Chapter 18: Nirvana
SEQUEL
Nirvana Cover
NIRVANA'S UP
First Chapter

Chapter 6: Cheater Cheater Best Friend Eater

29.6K 781 477
By StrongWarrior13

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I ran out of the restaurant. not wanting to hear what either of them had to say. I looked for the quickest escape route only to remember Luis had driven us here and I have no way to get home without him.

I took a deep breath and called the one person I knew would drive an hour and a half to come help me, even though she was the one person I wanted to see the least; Camila.

*Camila's P.O.V*

I lay on my bed staring at a picture of Lauren and I. I thought dating Baylor would help my feelings for my straight best friend would go away, but they didn't. If anything all the double dates and stuff have made me like her even more. I sighed as my phone ringing broke me from my thoughts.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey baby!" Baylor's voice bounced.

I grinned. I may be in love with Lauren but I still really like Baylor. "Hi! How are you?" I responded cheerfully.

I heard Baylor giggle, "Good! I'm out with some friends and I missed you so I just wanted to call and tell you I love you."

The dorky smile on my face grew, "I love yo-" I got cut off by another call beeping in, it was Lauren. "Babe, I'm going to have to call you later, Lauren's calling, go have fun with your friends." I scowled.

Baylor whimpered, "But Mila! Don't-"

"Goodbye, Baylor. I love you." I cut her off and switched the line over to Lauren.

"Yes?" I asked sounding more annoyed than I meant to.

Lauren sniffed, "I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" she asked thoughtfully.

I shrugged even though she couldn't see me, "Well I was on the phone with Baylor.." I trailed off.

Lauren was silent for a moment. I heard nothing from her end except the sound of her sniffling. It was at that moment that I realized she was crying.

"Lo," I urged.

No response.

"Lauren."

Still nothing.

I breathed out rather dramatically into the microphone of my cell, "Laur, are you crying?"

There were only whimpers on the other end.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked soothingly.

I heard Lauren break into hysterical sobs. "Can you come get me?"

Running my fingers through my hair, I thought about the good and the bad in the situation. Good: Spend time with Lauren and be a good friend. Bad: My feelings could grow because of our sudden alone time. I looked at the clock, it was almost 9pm. I guess I'll be a good friend, she must be in a bad spot if she needs me to get her at this time of night.

I broke, "Where are you?"

"Remember that Italian place we went to on Fifth Avenue?" Lauren continued crying. "At a park about 2 blocks from there."

"I'll be there around 10:30. I think it take an hour and a half to get there. Don't move. Try to stay safe, I'll be there as soon as I can." I rushed and hung up the phone.

Why the hell is Lauren alone in a sketchy park this late at night?

I grabbed my keys and ran out of the house.

*Lauren's P.O.V*

I sat on a bench and waited for Camila. She sounded very hesitant in coming out here, I really hope I haven't fucked up our friendship too much. I need her.

Tears fell down my face. There was no point in attempting to try to control them anymore. I was alone and it was dark. I shivered due to the brisk breeze. It was cold for mid April in Miami. I felt my throat closing as I choked down my cries. I wiped my eyes roughly, waiting for Camila to come to my rescue.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, I see here silver car pull up in the parking lot. I make a mad dash for it and climb into the passenger side.

She looks at me sympathetically and opens her mouth to start talking but I put my hand up motioning her to stop.

"Can we talk about it later? I don't want to talk about it in the car." I stated abruptly.

Camila nodded, "Want to sleep over? It's late. We can talk about life and I can give you feel better cuddles."

I paused, thinking about it. Did I really want to spend the night with Camila when my actual problem is her lesbian girlfriend is cheating on her with my boyfriend?

"Sure." I felt the word leave my mouth.

Camila smiled, "Okay, we don't have to talk if you don't want to, but I'm here if you need me." She took my hand and continued the car ride in silence.

*Camila's P.O.V*

My hands tingled and as they made contact with Lauren's. My thumb caressed the back of her hand as we drove silently. This felt right. I shouldn't feel this good but I can't help it.

I try to push the thoughts out of my mind. Baylor. I'm dating Baylor. You love Baylor. Who cares about the beautiful, kind, sweet, sniffling, best friend of mine next to me.

I can't help but stare at Lauren out of the corner of my eye. Even when she's crying she's so beautiful. Her eyes so much brighter, her cheeks so much pinker, her lips pursed they look so kissable. Suddenly I watched her face change to horror, she grasped my hand tighter, "Camila!" She screamed.

I looked forward again and directed myself back into our lane of traffic before almost head on colliding with a truck. I must have drifted into the other lane while focused on her.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Everything okay?" Lauren looked at me with teary eyes.

I nodded, my eyes never leaving the road. I recoiled my hand from hers and put both hands on the wheel. "Yeah," I said between gritted teeth. "I'm just distracted. We'll be home soon."

"Do you want me to drive?" She asked.

"No!" I snapped.

"Okay.." she murmured hesitantly.

I felt bad. I really did but I can't let my feelings get in the way of the fact that she's my best friend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We pulled into my driveway at a little after midnight. Without saying a word, Lauren followed me into the house and up the stairs into my bedroom. I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted from all my emotions.

Lauren shuffled her feet by my door, I've never seen her so uncomfortable. It's probably because I snapped at her.

"Uhm, can I borrow some clothes?" She asked just above a whisper.

I couldn't get myself to say anything so I just stood and retrieved a pair of pajama pants and a shirt for her.

"Thanks." she mumbled without making eye contact.

She disappeared into my bathroom giving me time to change and climb into bed. She returned after about 15 minutes, her eyes red and puffy, I knew she had been crying. A little part of me broke inside. I hated seeing her so upset.

Lauren's eyes scanned the bed, her eyes hovering over me for a moment before dropping to the floor.

"So," she continued to stare at her feet, avoiding eye contact.. "If I could just borrow a blanket I could just sleep on the floor."

I laughed, "Lolo, don't be silly." I patted the spot next to me. "You've had a rough night, I'm not going to make you sleep on the floor."

Lauren reluctantly maneuvered herself to the opposite side of the bed and climbed in. She wriggled herself under the covers but keeping a good distance between us. I decided not to push it and just let her stay across the bed even though there was nothing I wanted more than for her to be in my arms.

I turned off the lamp next to me and flipped over, my back facing Lauren. After a few minutes I heard that familiar sniffling coming from Lauren's side of the bed.

"Laaaauurreenn," I whispered in a sing songy voice.

She sniffled, "Yes?"

"Why are you crying?" I sighed.

Lauren moved around a bit and hummed an 'I don't know'.

I finally flipped over to face her. Moonlight spilling in from my open windows danced upon her skin. I can see her facial features. The trembling of her bottom lip, the tears streaking down her cheeks, her eyes pressed tightly shut together. My heart shattered at the sight of her.

"Lauren," I murmured for the millionth time that evening.

She covered her face with her hands and just started sobbing even more.

"Lauren Michelle," I said more seriously. She peaked at me through her fingers, not saying a word. I opened up my arms and gestured for her to come closer. "Come here. You need feel better cuddles."

Lauren scooted closer to me and let herself fall into my chest. She clung to me for dear life as she cried into my shoulder. Our bodies meshed together and despite her cries, us being so close, her being in my arms, felt so right.

I stroked her hair and held her tight until she calmed down and the tears seemed to stop.

I caressed her back and let her cuddle into me. "What's wrong, Lo?"

"Luis," she took in a deep breath. "Is cheating on me."

I felt her shudder in my arms so I just held her tighter.

*Lauren's P.O.V*

Camila's grasp on me tightened. I'm so glad I haven't entire fucked up our friendship, at least she's here for me when I need her the most.

"I saw him," I paused trying to choose my words wisely, trying not to mention the other person with him was Baylor. "Kissing someone else in the bathroom when we were out to eat." I got choked up and couldn't say anything for a moment.

Camila rubbed my back and stayed silent while I composed myself.

I took a deep breath and continued, "He's been acting weird recently, I should have known. I don't know. I guess I just loved him to much to realize what was staring me in the face. i'm an idiot."

She pulled me out of the embrace and looked at me deeply in the eyes. I swear there were tears briming in her swimingly brown eyes. "Laur, you're not an idiot. Not in the slightest. Love blinds us from even the most evident things in life. We're in love with them or the idea of them so we deny the inevitable. I'm so sorry that he felt the need to cheat on someone so amazing, kind, generous, warm hearted, and beautiful as you. Eventually he will realize what he is giving up to be with some other girl. He's stupid if he's giving you up. Babe, you're amazing. If anyone's the idiot here it's him." Camila smiled sadly at me.

A sudden rush of familiar happiness rushed over me. Camila always made me feel better. I smiled back at her and tried not to cry anymore.

"I mean, she's probably some whore right?" Camila asked, trying to make me smile even more.

I laughed nervously, "Oh, you have no idea." I mumbled.

"What was that?" Camila asked not hearing what I said.

I shrugged, "Nothing."

"Either way," Camila rubbed my shoulder, "I'm so sorry and I'll kick his but if I need to."

I laughed again, this time more whole-heartedly.

Camila reached up her hand and wiped my tears with the pad of her thumb, her hand staying to caress my cheek stopping any other free falling trickles of water.

I love her more than I think I've ever loved any of my friends. She's always there for me even when I'm not the best friend. I'm forever grateful to her. I made eye contact with her again. Her eyes bore into mine. I melted under the chocolate color, I some how got lost into them. I traced patterns on her arms and moved up to her neck, racking my fingers through her hair.

We just stared at each other, not saying anything for a moment. I don't know what came over me. Suddenly I felt this sudden attraction to her. I couldn't help myself and I just leaned in. Our lips brushed agaist each other but right as it begun it registered in my head what I was doing and I pulled away quickly, flipping over and no longer facing Camila, not saying a word.

*Camila's P.O.V* (Same time frame)

I finished telling Lauren how wonderful she was. I truely meant every word I said, she deserved way better than some asshole.

I lifted my hand to remove the tear stains on her face. My fingers lingered longer than they should have but I didn't care, I let me feelings for Lauren take over.

After that we didn't speak, just stared at one another for what seemed like an eternity. I could look into her gorgeous green eyes for an infinity of infinities. Lauren quirked her thick eyebrow as if to be in deep thought. She pursed her lips and her eyes flickered shut as she leaned in. I don't know if I'm dreaming or if I was the one taking over at this point but I didn't care.

In that instant I forgot about Baylor, I forgot about Luis, I forgot about everything else in the world. I closed the gap between us and allowed our lips to touch. In an instant they were no longer attached. Lauren had retracted and turned over to no longer look at me.

I turned away from her as well, not saying anything, letting the noises of the night fall over us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 193 12
Hi!!! My name is Ruby. Well this is my first book ever! I decided on making it fanfic/Camren because what inspired me to write were the Camren fanfic...
86.9K 2K 31
Lauren and Camila grew up together as best friends living in Miami, until Camila moves away to New York for 5 years. Now 19 and 20 years old, they ar...
1.6K 101 8
Camila and Lauren are best friends, Camila recently broke up with her longtime boyfriend, Shawn. However, spending more time with her best friend the...
184K 3.2K 41
What if everyone was born with a birthmark that matched someone else's and that person was who you were supposed to be with? What happens if someone...