Don't Be Afraid

By kdissorad

Rule #1: Never be alone, have someone always with you, no matter where you are. Rule #2: Don't acknowledged t... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
Sequel Update...It's going to be awhile ;(

Chapter Six

71.4K 617 60
By kdissorad

~~~Edited~~~~

Chapter Six

I was really annoyed and mad. I was annoyed because Jesse thought he could come in and prance around into my life like it was nothing. I was mad because I was mad at everyone. No one has been there for me except for my dad. I would say Kyle to, but today he proved what a great friend he is by ditching me.

I get it that he’s mad for ditching me but he doesn’t have to ignore me. He’s the only friend I got. I was also mad because part of what Jesse says was right; he made me realize how much my life really sucks. I hate him for that. I know that I was alone in this world, but now Jesse had rubbed it in my face.

I hate myself for crying. I hate myself for having this stupid curse. I couldn’t have friends because I’m too much of a freak. I didn’t cry because I was sad or that I was pitying myself, I cried because I was too angry to do anything else. At that moment I wanted to rip someones throat out. That’s a lot coming from a sixteen year old girl.

I ran home, I didn’t even bring my car home. I needed to run to get the anger out of me. If I took my car I was 99% sure that I would crash into someone if they got in my way. I need to be secluded.

So now I was in my room with the door locked, even though no one will be home until around eight. This feeling I have was worse than the depression the ghost give me. I hated it so much.

It was four so I better get ready to go to Adler Community College. The test study starts at five and I needed to leave now. I decide to go back to school to get my car that I was pretty sure was going to get jacked up if I didn’t get it soon. I grab my keys and write a note on the refrigerator that I was hanging out with some friends. My mom knew that it was a lie because she knew the freak didn’t have friends, but she wouldn’t question me.

***

I was thirty minutes into the drive and I was making good time. It was like four thirty-five and it was starting to get dark, only in a few minutes it would be completely dark. The silence was comforting, I could actually think. I felt calm; I push what happen today in the back of my head not wanting to think about it.

Then I start to hear static. Wondering where it came from, I look around my car. It was my radio, it turned on by itself? But how? I rarely ever use my radio. I turn it off and just forgot about it. I must of accidently hit. I turn my focus back to the road.

“And I’m going down, all the way down. I’m on the highway to hell.” The radio sang. The music was so loud that it made me jump and swerve across the road. Thank god, the road was empty. I turn off the radio quickly. But the music kept playing. I tried turning it down or changing the station. But it kept playing the same lyrics over and over again.

“And I’m going down, all the way down. I’m on the highway to hell.” The music seems to be getting louder and louder. I pull over to the side of the road.

I cover my ears, the sound was unbearable. It was breaking my ear drums. I take my key out of my car and open the door. The music kept getting louder and louder. This couldn’t be happening, the car was turned off.

I buckle down to my knees and try to cover my ears more. It did nothing, the sound still got to me. I was about to get back up and run, but then music stop completely. Confuse, I get up and walk to my car.

No sound came from the radio anymore. I get back in my car and turn it back on. Was I imagining it? I’ve been imagining a lot of things lately, I wouldn’t be surprise. I sigh and get back on the road. I really could use a drink.

I was just about to calm back down and get comfortable with my silence again when I saw something in the middle of the road. I squint my eyes to try to make out what it is, but no such luck. I kept driving thinking it was an animal that when I get close enough it would move. I was getting closer to it, but the thing never moves an inch. Now, I could make out some details. I could see something red and glowing. The thing stood up seven feet tall. Too bad it was dark.

Now I was only a few feet away from it. I was going to hit it and the thought occurs to me now. I slam on breaks right in front of whatever it is. In the process I hit my head on the steering wheel, and god did it hurt. I groaned, nice going Athena, you had all that time to react and you wait until the last minute to do so.

I look up from the steering wheel and turn to the figure standing before me. The headlights on my car shone bright on it. There was the read glowing eyes that stared back at me. The evil grin that spread wildly on his face showing his razor sharp teeth. His horns stand on top of his head curving a little at the ends. It was the demon that showed up in my room that night, the demon that I drew, the demon that haunts my dreams.

I kick into defensive mode. I put the car in reverse and then slam my foot on the accelerator. I was just about to hit the demon, but then it disappears. I slam on breaks again and look around me, it wasn’t anywhere. Where could it have gone?

The radio turns back on “You can’t get rid of me that easy, Athena.” An evil voice says through the radio. Then it turns back off. Now, I was really scared. I close my eyes and breathe. In and out, in and out, in and out; like the therapist told me to.

I need to get to Adler Community College. They can help me, I try telling myself but I couldn’t believe it. It was almost five, I need to get there. I start up the car again and went there.

***

I pull up to a big building. It looks brand new and it had college kids around the entrance. This was Adler Community College for sure. I got out and lock my car, I took a deep breath. I could do this and I will do this.

I open the doors to the college and walk up to directory. The test study was in room 2B which was upstairs. I took the nearest elevator.

I found the room easily and I walk in. It was five, I was right on time. I took the only empty seat in there. It looks like they haven’t started yet. I look at the people next to me to my left was a girl a little younger than me. She had bright orange hair that was really curly. She looked really skinny and tall, like a model. She notices me looking at her.

“Hi I’m Cindy.” She says. She had a small soft voice. Her eyes were a blackish greyish color.

“I’m Athena.” I took her extended hand and shook it. She looked nice enough.

“That’s a really pretty name, like the goddess.” She says smiling. I don’t know why my mom nam me after a goddess.

“Thanks.” I say. Then I turned to my right and you wouldn’t guess who I saw. Jesse.

“Athena?” he asks. I roll my eyes. “No my name is trailer trash.” I say sarcastically. He looked confuse. This boy is really dumber then I give him credit for. I roll my eyes again.

“Of course it’s Athena, Blondie. How many brain cells did you kill from sniffing whiteout?” I ask.

“I don’t sniff whiteout.” He replies dumbly.

“It’s an expression dummy.” I say. I think his hair is getting to his brain. “Oh.” Was all he says to my comment.

“So what are you doing here? Are you following me?” I ask.

“I saw the ad in the newspaper add and thought ‘What the hell, I got nothing to lose.’ So now here I am talking to you. What are you doing here?”

“I was browsing the internet and came across it. You still read the newspaper?” I ask. That’s a shocker.

“I was rolling it up to hit my dog with it because somehow he got to my underwear and chewed through them, the ad stood out when I was about to swing at him.” He says. Poor dog.

“Do we need to go to Victoria Secrets to get you more lingerie? I think I’m free Monday.” I ask.

“No, I’ll go by myself.” He answers. I start laughing really hard. I’m pretty sure I had tears rolling down my eyes. I almost fell out of my chair. Jesse just looked at me confuse. “What’s so funny?” He asks. He really didn’t know which made me laugh harder.

“Y-you…Jus-just….admitted…yo-you…go…t-to….Victoria….Se-secrets….for….underwear.” I say between laughs. He looks at me and frowns. He hit me on the arm.

“Ow!” I say covering my arm. My laugher dies down.

“So I wanted to talk about what we talked about at the library. I’m sorry for trying to understand how you feel. I know that you’ve been through a lot but all I want to do it help. I told you I don’t care what people think, you’re not a bad person. Just please stop pushing me away, I want us to go through with this together. I’m not going to hurt you, I promise.” He says sincerely. I was in shock again. This boy really knows how to surprise someone. I knew that I should be the one apologizing instead of him. I was afraid to let him in and he knew that. I just didn’t want to get hurt and he knew that to. Maybe I should give him a chance. Before I could respond someone spoke.

“Hello, my name is Mike. I am a physiologist professor here at Adler and I will be the instructor of this test study. I going to hand you a sheet that asks you question about you’re your childhood, family life, dream occurrences, etc. Just fill it out and give it to me and we will be done for the day. The real stuff will happen on Friday.” He says. He looks one of those cool teachers. The ones that are in there 50’s and look like John Travolta.

He came around and hands everyone a piece a paper.

First question: Were you ever were or currently diagnosed with a mental illness? If so how long have you or were diagnosed?

Currently diagnosed with schizophrenia for three years.

Second question: Do you have any family troubles? (Do not have to answer if uncomfortable doing so.)

My father is in a mental institute, diagnosed with schizophrenia. My brother hates me and so does my mom.

Third question: Is there any childhood experience that might have to do with reoccurring dreams?

Not that I can remember.

Fourth question: What are your dreams about?

Death, murder, killing, war, ghost.

Fifth question: How long to you sleep at night?

Three to four hours uninterrupted

That was all the questions on the paper. I stood up and gave him my paper. Jesse was still working on his. I walk out of the room and head to my car.

I was about to get in my car when I hear my name being called.

“Athena, wait up.” It was Jesse of course.

“Yes?”

“You didn’t answer my question.” Oh, I forgot about it.

“Fine, Jesse I’ll give you one chance. If you screw it up then you can kiss me helping you goodbye.” I say.

“Thank you, Athena. Thank you so much. I promise I won’t screw it up. I’m really trying to help you.”

“Yeah, ok.” I mumble back.

“So call me when you’re ready. You have my number, right;” I nod my head. “Good. Bye, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled and left. I sigh and got in my car. I think I was actually starting to trust him, which was bad. I can’t trust anyone, I never can.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 22 21
Book 1 in The Blood Red Nightmares Trilogy I rushed into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I quickly called 911. "Help! He's coming for me!" But it wa...
106K 6.3K 20
You are going to die. That might be a terrible way to start this out but it's true. You are going to, your next door neighbor is, and so am I. It's n...
9.5K 292 37
*COMPLETED* ****************************************** "There are four rules that you must do, if you break them...chaos will come" ~Anonymous Rule...
417K 6.2K 62
Creepypasta Rituals, I don't own any of this stories or experiences. Do them if you are brave enough. WARNING: be careful with your decisions, is da...