The Billionaire's Ex-Wife

By Enjoy_Little_Moments

Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before str... More

a/n
Prologue
Madame Andrรฉ
Knocking
Love
Covers
Another encounter
Strong
Appearance
Mrs Ryder
False Excitement
Timing
Choices
Introductions
Irritations
Run
Midnight Visits
Brawl
Open up
Best Friends
Letting go
Doubts
Cuts
Elizabeth Hemsworth
Suspicions
Answers
Joking
Let me go
First kiss
Now
Moments
Firsts
Explanations Pt.1
Explanations Pt. 2
Furious
Siblings
Kisses
Nothing
Confusion
Change
Foolish
Love&Hate
Scared
For You
Sorry
Address
Blessing&Curse
Times Up
Do you
Would you?
No
New Story!
Quiet
Leaf
Tired
Author's Note
Don't Know
Lost
Happier
Let go
A/N
Epilogue
A/N - thank you

Awake

19.4K 747 157
By Enjoy_Little_Moments

Lemme just say right from the start that I don't know shit about the medical field and most of the stuff in this chapter is what I assume that goes on in a hospital. I'm so hopeless in this field 😂😂

So sorry if it sounds really stupid!

Alison's POV.

To think that I were the reasoning for Blake's pale face, steady breathing and the multiple tubes winding across plastic white tables, was the worst feeling I had ever encountered.

The nurses had disappeared from sight after taking his vitals, dark eyebrows pinched together with concern as she muttered a string of numbers to the short woman beside her who hastily scribbled them down upon the paper perched against her clipboard.

"How is he?"Elizabeth whispers, thin arms holding her knees to her chest as she lifts her chin to face the white uniformed woman with lifeless brown eyes.

The nurse purses her lips, her tongue hitting the roof of her mouth, "His body is responding surprisingly well to the medicine. Most of the internal injuries are healing slowly..."

"But?"

It's not Elizabeth that speaks but Jake, tired eyes watching the lady hopefully, pale blue shirt crumpled in his hands.

"His body is still much too weak to fend for itself. We are affirmative he will wake up, though."she adds hastily, a pitiful smile lacing her chapped lips, "The question is when."

"Oh."

The woman I had once known, the fiery, loud-mouth lady I had met from the collision of our heads now looked as if the life had been sucked from her.

Elizabeth looks distraught, hair thin and greasy, almost lifeless as she gazes mournfully at the unmoving outline of her step brother nestled under the strikingly white sheets.

I can only watch on hopelessly as the nurses trails out of the room, the door closing behind them softly, breathing shallow and eyes swollen.

The guilt was eating me alive, my words towards the man I once loved replaying in my mind.

Get the fuck away from me!

Do you believe that I'll buy all that crap?

I hate you.

Screw you.

I'm sobbing again, heavy tears falling from bold lashes as I crumble to the floor, knees giving out beneath me.

I can't breathe.

The guilt is too much.

The regret. The wishing for time to unravel.

For a second chance.

My chest hurts, the pain of a thousand knives digging into the raw skin reflecting against me, fingernails scraping at my arms as I bawl.

"I'm sorry."I cry, vision blurred as I hold his hand in mine, voice quivering and chest aching with indescribable pain.

"I'm so sorry."

Gentle hands press against my shoulders, fingertips rubbing smooth circles upon my skin.

And then strong arms are pulling me to my feet, large hands holding me delicately as if were a newborn child.

"Shh. It'll be okay."

I'm sorry.

____________________

Elizabeth is watching me with careful eyes, legs folded upon a chair, a thin blanket alike to mine, draped over her shoulders.

And for some reason, I am annoyed by her.

Her outburst the other day is still fresh in both our minds, her part of embarrassment and mine guilt, now slight irritation.

I can't help but find her outburst as rather immature.

I know that I should not be thinking such thoughts with the knowledge of what I had done being directed to her step brother, out of all people.

And then I know that she is simply releasing her anger upon me, and it's really not her fault.

Yet, my irritation does not disappear as I narrow my eyes at her, the said girl quickly diverting her gaze to the floor.

"Look Alison."she suddenly says, breaking the uncomfortable silence that has grown increasingly since the disappearance of her father who had been the one to calm me down yesterday, his sudden need for McDonalds meaning that I was left with only the girl who had lashed out at me as companionship.

"I..."

She seems unsure, almost regretful as she untangles her limbs from her tight captive.

"I'm sorry."

It was so quiet and rapid that I would've missed it if I hadn't leant forward slightly in my chair, ears straining against the rather loud beep of the heart monitor.

The annoyance from before wears of slightly, but there is still enough to tease her, a cruel smirk curling at my lips as I raise an eyebrow her way.

"I'm sorry, I didn't really catch that. Mind repeating it for me?"

One thing about Elizabeth was that she hated admitting that she was wrong or apologising. She was an egoistic woman, prideful and always held her chin high and apologising just didn't fit her field.

Her cheeks flare, eyes flashing dangerously as she meets my gaze, a hint of amused irritation flickering upon her expression.

"I'm sorry."

There is no sincerity in her words anymore, a twine of playfulness as she grins at me.

I smile back, leaning against my chair, "Apology accepted."

And something within me relaxes, glad to have a member of the Ryder family who doesn't despise me.

________________

It's been three months and still there is nothing.

Blake continue to sleep, the scars upon his arms still present yet lighter than it had originally been.

Both Elizabeth and I visit daily, tired from a hefty job at the restaurant which Elizabeth had quickly taken the highest position as, for Blake's inability to run the company, the staff buzzing with questions yet smart enough to refrain voicing their thoughts verbally.

Jake seemed thoroughly distraught, claiming a quiet area in Blake's room to himself, where he had stacked a mountain of pillows and sheets upon, that being his replacement of the king sized bed awaiting his presence in his own mansion.

It was near half past five when the three of us met at the hospital as usual, all washed and fed in there own comfort of their homes.

Jake seemed to be in no better condition than when I had first seen him standing beside Blake's bed, and in fact he seemed as if he were worsening in both physical and mental states.

His behaviour for me did not rot until he too were spitting out insults but even standing meters away from the man I can see the uncomfortably in his eyes as he shifts under my gaze.

It is only then do I notice the disturbance in the hall where Blake's room is allocated, a sudden increase of nurses around his room as they drift in and out of the room.

"What's going on?"

Jake's ruff voice snaps the attention of Elizabeth, who had previously been playing a game on her phone to divert her attention from the misery of what she was to soon face.

Her head tilts upwards, eyes widening as she takes in the clutter of the hallway.

And then suddenly Jake leaps to his feet, darting towards his son's room, expression none other than complete and utter worry.

A man donned in blue halts his movements, a wide smile upon his lips.

But Jake is in no mood for jokes nor useless attempts of cheering his mood, calloused fingers fisting at the doctor's uniform until the man's toes brush the floor.

"What the hell is going on?"

The doctor quakes in his hold, head ducking as if he was being throughly scolded.

"Your s-son is awake s-sir."

_____________________

It was getting boring without Blake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 8.2K 32
"You should have told me before that you weren't interested in me" I yelled at my so called husband Samad. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Jawari...
224K 10.6K 81
๐€๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐œ I was broken. I was deceived. I was betrayed. I was familiar only with emotions of pain and anger. Darkness was a part of me. There was...
41.8K 1.6K 52
. . . โOnce upon a time, a girl fell in love with her husband and made the stars realise that they'd gotten her soulmate wrong.โž . . . It's a daun...
36K 2.1K 28
_COMPLETED_ ***Warning :- My first book and there's a lot of grammatical mistakes so plz...read at your own risk*** Top Rankings #1 in friendsforever...